Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Investment Ideas For A Pensioner - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investment Ideas For A Pensioner (6363 Views)

I Need A Smart Investment Ideas In Oil And Gas / 1 Million Naira Investment Ideas / Need Investment Ideas: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by Skynet247(m): 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2013
He Is On The VERGE Of Getting His N35,000,000 Pension...any Advice For Him?

My uncle just called me yesterday,that he will soon retire, and get paid his pension of 35M, and was asking me... If i have any business idea, i can discuss with him, and for me,am into forex @ my signature, but teaching an old man forex would'nt be easy... So house or rather NAIRALAND UNIVERSE...what advice will i give him,on how to go about this money? Am sure your honest advice,will help a lot more old men out there, on what to do, after getting there pensions remitted to them...
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by JOXY(f): 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
When his money is ready, let him invest some in Treasury bills (minimum of N500k).

1 Like

Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by favinvest: 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2013
Let him invest in :-
Buy a completed storey building renovate it and convert them into 18-20 mini-flats in lagos. He will spend max. 15million if he gets a gud lawyer & a gud real estate company. @ min.120 per rent for abt 20 tenants.

Let him put 15million into treasury bills. @min 5% per annum

The rest 5-8million can b used to groove as he likes.

4 Likes

Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by Seun(m): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
Advice for your uncle: First, put everything in tbills. 1/4 in 91 day tbills, 1/4 in 182 day tbills, and 1/2 in 364 day tbills. Once you invest in tbills, the feeling that you have to invest your money quickly - which can lead to bad investments - will pass away. Then you can start investing in things you really understand very well - real estate, stocks related to your area of expertise, business ventures selling products and services that are in great demand in your area, etc. Any investment you make should be based on your own personal knowledge and full conviction and not someone's advice. Avoid HYIP's, FOREX, or other funky investment ideas that are likely to fail. If you have no good ideas, just stick with tbills.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by Codedrock(m): 10:08am On Jun 25, 2013
Seun: Advice for yur uncle: First, put everything in tbills. 1/4 in 91 day tbills, 1/4 in 182 day tbills, and 1/2 in 364 day tbills. Once you invest in tbills, the feeling that you have to invest your money quickly - which can lead to bad investments - will pass away. Then you can start investing in things you really understand very well - real estate, stocks related to your area of expertise, business ventures selling products and services that are in great demand in your area, etc. Any investment you make should be based on your own personal knowledge and full conviction and not someone's advice. Avoid HYIP's, FOREX, or other funky investment ideas that are likely to fail. If you have no good ideas, just stick with tbills.
see how he analysed it.. Ah bro seun all you know is business!
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by babestell(f): 12:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
Seun I want to advise like you when I grow up!!! grin
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by Kolasteve(m): 12:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
Let himgo into Haulage,l already have a deal with A cement conpany in Remo,You can contact me.akinyelewole@yahoo.com

My uncle just called me yesterday,that he will soon retire, and get paid his pension of 35M, and was asking me... If i have any business idea, i can discuss with him, and for me,am into forex @ my signature, but teaching an old man forex would'nt be easy... So house or rather NAIRALAND UNIVERSE...what advice will i give him,on how to go about this money? Am sure your honest advice,will help a lot more old men out there, on what to do, after getting there pensions remitted to them...[/quote]
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by i1: 12:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
with 35 million he can:
1. if he has not yet built a house, he should make sure he does so.
2. buy into any govt housing scheme or ready made flat to collect rents immediately.
3. he should then buy treasury bills with whatever remains.

reason is: shelter first then income.
housing appreciates overtime while treasury bills if you put in 0ne million in 2010 it will be the same one million you will collect in 2020.
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by bigx(m): 12:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
Seun has said everything.
He should cool down
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
Please, can he pay his tithe to me?

shocked shocked
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by i1: 12:09pm On Jun 25, 2013
also he should avoid any business that he does not monitor himself, safety and growth of his funds should be his watchword and not returns perse.
greed hurts..

1 Like

Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by mmmustapha(m): 12:09pm On Jun 25, 2013
He should Buy dangote shares and look for what is desperately needed in his area
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by rozayx5(m): 12:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
Logistics, Real Estate or T-Bills

Real Estate shud do the JOb best

Logisitics will require experience

T-Bills slow but ok and needs big money

1 Like

Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by KolaShangOne(m): 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
does it mean that treasury bills do not appreciate in value? why not fixed deposit that will appreciate at leat 5-10 percent over a calendar year?
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by dulphines: 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
Your uncle should be careful and not be in a hurry to invest. In Nigeria 35M can just vanish within a twinkle of an eye. To be forewarned is to be forearmed!

2 Likes

Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by yuzedo: 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
Seun: Advice for yur uncle: First, put everything in tbills. 1/4 in 91 day tbills, 1/4 in 182 day tbills, and 1/2 in 364 day tbills. Once you invest in tbills, the feeling that you have to invest your money quickly - which can lead to bad investments - will pass away. Then you can start investing in things you really understand very well - real estate, stocks related to your area of expertise, business ventures selling products and services that are in great demand in your area, etc. Any investment you make should be based on your own personal knowledge and full conviction and not someone's advice. Avoid HYIP's, FOREX, or other funky investment ideas that are likely to fail. If you have no good ideas, just stick with tbills.
Good one bro!

On the alternative he can also buy Nairaland for about N500,000. He will have N34,500,000 left to GROOVE! wink tongue

5 Likes

Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2013
If he's good at monitoring the Capital market, he can invest about 20% in da capital market, the real estate makes a lot of sense

1 Like

Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by valdubem(m): 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2013
yuzedo:
Good one bro!

On the alternative he can also buy Nairaland for about N500,000. He will have N34,500,000 left to GROOVE! wink tongue

Make seun catch you
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
CASE CLOSED!

No leakage, no nothing, just cheques from the federal government.
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
4 years ago, did something similar for a client with as little as 12mil. We got him 3 choice properties, all with vertical integration qualities (I.e. Road side corner pieces) properties with great titles. At the end, we built him a total of 26 shops facing the roads in different location. One Iyana-Iyesi, Ogun State. 2nd, Ikorodu, and the third at Agbado Ijaye, lagos, which wasn't a corner piece. All these with 14 units of room and parlor. Mind you, his funds wasn't enough to build something so elaborate after acquiring three different lands, though we did a three bedroom for the old man. Right now, the man rakes in roughly 1.6m per year from rents alone, and I don't think landlords in Ogun state don't pay anything like taxes in like they do in Ajah. He said he wished he's known me years ago, and this smart real estate business is what I've done for more folks. Real estate isn't just buying...its all about feasibility studies, forecasting, and been extremely conversant with the pros and cons of the business. And the good thing is, the value as well as rent will keep jumping up unlike shares where the value is always in kobo kobo, and fixed. You can call me for further dets.

3 Likes

Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by adexsimply(m): 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2013
yuzedo:
Good one bro!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by PapaBrowne(m): 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2013
You mean gratuity not pension.

Is he a PHCN Worker. I'll be back with an interesting list of 7 things.
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by kokoye(m): 1:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
Good information here.

Though i'm some years from retirement, how much would be considered a good start for T-bills investment ...and someone please recommend a trusted advisor here...please!
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by lacasa: 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
Real estate is the Way to go. Anyother thing comes 2nd
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by kodewrita(m): 1:32pm On Jun 25, 2013

Just to really place more emphasis on some points in this really good tip.

1 Like

Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
He should invest in Baba Ijebu.
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by Bsmartt(m): 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
he can as well do some farming activities like poultry fishery and livestock production and processing.to support seun, i think he should invest on what he knows how to do best. GOD IS THE BEST GUIDE.
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by Osama10(m): 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
So real estate & tbills is the way to go. cool

More ideas.... tongue
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by kokoye(m): 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
Anyone out there who can help to shed more information on Nigerian T-bills (and possible assist in aquiring some)please?

thanks in advance.
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by donfish28: 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
hi skynet 247, which forex broker do you use for your live trading or rather which forex broker is the best? thanks
Re: Investment Ideas For A Pensioner by bugmenot: 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
aasog1: 4 years ago, did something similar for a client with as little as 12mil. We got him 3 choice properties, all with vertical integration qualities (I.e. Road side corner pieces) properties with great titles. At the end, we built him a total of 26 shops facing the roads in different location. One Iyana-Iyesi, Ogun State. 2nd, Ikorodu, and the third at Agbado Ijaye, lagos, which wasn't a corner piece. All these with 14 units of room and parlor. Mind you, his funds wasn't enough to build something so elaborate after acquiring three different lands, though we did a three bedroom for the old man. Right now, the man rakes in roughly 1.6m per year from rents alone, and I don't think landlords in Ogun state don't pay anything like taxes in like they do in Ajah. He said he wished he's known me years ago, and this smart real estate business is what I've done for more folks. Real estate isn't just buying...its all about feasibility studies, forecasting, and been extremely conversant with the pros and cons of the business. And the good thing is, the value as well as rent will keep jumping up unlike shares where the value is always in kobo kobo, and fixed. You can call me for further dets.

What taxes do they pay in Ajah?

I agree with you on "feasibility studies". Real estate in most places in Nigeria is most likely to pay long-term. But with the right feasibility studies, you can begin to reap the benefits earlier.

I'm however more in favor of Seun's advice - park the money somewhere first and enjoy the interest while analysing other investment options.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Money Legitimately Through Filling Of Questionnaires / How To Gain Financial Freedom Like Myself And Make 40,000naira Monthly / How Safe And Profitable Are PAMM Accounts With Alpari Forex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.