Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Fiancé Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fiancé Family (4394 Views)

Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. / Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? / My Mother Slept With My Fiancé (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fiancé Family by Ialwaysask: 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
I am engaged to a really nice man but I'm thinking of calling off the engagement because I hate his family. He's from one of the prominent rich families in Lagos and they are of the worst breed. They are controlling, they don't mind their business, they tell their children what to do, they make their decisions for them and their matriarch is the opinion of the family. Nobody dares question her decisions or argues with her. My fiance's sister told me I have to quit my job after I marry into their family. My future mother-in-law has summoned my father to her home on several occasions, asking him the most belittling questions. She even had their family doctor examine me, and the doctor asked me how many men I've been with in the past and if I've ever had an abortion. Duh! They question every thing you do, even the clothes you wear. I'm not yet married into this family and I'm already having panic attacks. I really love this guy but I don't think I can deal with his family. They plan to completely clip my wings once I marry their son and I don't think that's the life I want. Should I walk away or is there a way to handle such a family if I go ahead with the wedding? Please advise.
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
Ialwaysask:
Should I walk away or is there a way to handle such a family if I go ahead with the wedding? Please advise.

Don't walk...RUN!!

*And never look back*

6 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
If you marry into this family then dont come back and blame devil oo

WHy your dad sef go dey go answer silly questions

2 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sounds like what I'll do to my future DIL if I ever have a boy and he brings home a strange girl from unfamiliar family.

I don't think they'll drill you that much if you're a family friend's daughter.

Don't blame them, they're watching out for their son cool

P.S: The above^^ post is NOT sarcasm, 100% opinion.

Should you walk away?
Well the ball is in your court now... but lemme ask , besides 'love' , what else attracted you to this guy? Family Name perhaps? wink

Afterall it's okay to run background checks on guys.... why not girls?
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2013
ileobatojo:

Don't walk...RUN!!

*And never look back*

After they will blame the devil.
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
jennykadry:

My dear, na so o!

I can't stand such useless families. I have stood in the way of my loved ones entering into such relationships once I catch a whiff that they are these kinds of people.

OP, your husband clearly plans to tow the family line. So be rest assured that it won't get better.

As far as I'm concerned the only type of person that should marry this man is a hardened gold digger whose sole purpose in the marriage is to enjoy the wealth. Every other type of woman is on a long tin.

5 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2013
ileobatojo:

My dear, na so o!

I can't stand such useless families. I have stood in the way of my loved ones entering into such relationships once I catch a whiff that they are these kinds of people.

OP, your husband clearly plans to tow the family line. So be rest assured that it won't get better.

As far as I'm concerned the only type of person that should marry this man is a hardened gold digger whose sole purpose in the marriage is to enjoy the wealth. Every other type of woman is on a long tin .

EbadubelleEjolosi tongue

Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2013
Another Linda Ikeji book of blog stories. You people should write the source of your fictions.
Re: Fiancé Family by coogar: 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2013
Ialwaysask:
I am engaged to a really nice man but I'm thinking of calling off the engagement because I hate his family. He's from one of the prominent rich families in Lagos and they are of the worst breed. They are controlling, they don't mind their business, they tell their children what to do, they make their decisions for them and their matriarch is the opinion of the family. Nobody dares question her decisions or argues with her. My fiance's sister told me I have to quit my job after I marry into their family. My future mother-in-law has summoned my father to her home on several occasions, asking him the most belittling questions. She even had their family doctor examine me, and the doctor asked me how many men I've been with in the past and if I've ever had an abortion. Duh! They question every thing you do, even the clothes you wear. I'm not yet married into this family and I'm already having panic attacks. I really love this guy but I don't think I can deal with his family. They plan to completely clip my wings once I marry their son and I don't think that's the life I want. Should I walk away or is there a way to handle such a family if I go ahead with the wedding? Please advise.

most rich families are like this......they don't really want to associate with nonentities so they do every check possible before the bride and groom walk the aisle! i don't really see the big deal in you being questioned or vetted. what they seem to be doing openly are what poor families use spiritual or metaphysical methods to find out.
Re: Fiancé Family by taryour(f): 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2013
@Op nawa o, take note that its not only love you need to keep a happy marriage oo,you also need your inlaws support as well. What's your guy stand in the whole of these or haven't you complained of your fears or is he acting like nothing wrong in the whole of this If he supports his family and sees no wrong in these then my dear you never reach your bus top oo. You should take a break and if you don't see changes(which I doubt),my dear run as far as you can. I think your dad made a mistake by going to meet your mother inlaw,that will give them a very wrong impression about your family. Its the husbands family that go to meet the wife family and not vice versa. Put yourself high abeg and let them keep their money and riches in their pocket else you will end up as a cheap wife in their house and they feel they are tired of you,be sure to welcome a second wife for your hubby thanks to your mother inlaw.

2 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by EfemenaXY: 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
Ialwaysask:

Love the movie script.

Even without the added shock factor (the bolded bit) thrown in, it does make for an unbelievably good toilet read.

@poster, let's give you the benefit of doubt: Life's too short. Embrace it with vigour and live.

You know the saying - If the heat's too much in the kitchen, then GET OUT!
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 24, 2013
Lol, waiting on the day I will see Dangote on social media bragging about his wealth (forgive me I couldn't resist).
Poster, what is your Fiancee doing while the harrasment is going on?
What made your father go to answer your mother in law?
Its the other way round, the grooms family are the ones who go hand in cap to get a wife.
You and your family have already set yourself up for failure.

4 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
The answer here should be obvious
No?
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
Lmao! @Dangote on Social media ( what'd you know?) ..... And You don't have to perpetuate Dangote's wealth before you're qualified to run background checks and important 411s on potential in-laws you don't know from Adam......What the parents did was simply synonymous to 'Looking out for their kid' .

It just gets better everyday on NL cheesy
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
I think the girl made herself look like a church rat from the beginning because I don't understand why her dad responded to the summons. The girl's family needs to get some pride. They have presented themselves as dowdy creatures. You don't need money to ascertain you should be respected.

Lindaikeji stories lol but I will still comment.

She should tell her dad to take her fiancé to their own doctor to perform tests on him too, and present the test results at one of those summons.

4 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 24, 2013
jidegirl12:

EbadubelleEjolosi tongue

E wetin? There is absolutely nothing these sick bunch of people have that would attract my interest.

2 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by ladygogo: 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
Ialwaysask:

I think you should run.

Should the bolded even be happening?
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 24, 2013
ileobatojo:

E wetin? There is absolutely nothing these sick bunch of people have that would attract my interest.

Yeah right. grin

Then Why your coarse temperament or should i say conspicuous attitude toward opinionated parents who chose to do things their own way?? ... I for one don't perceive any shady scheme here hence their thorough investigation...... calling them 'useless' and 'sick' people sounds like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wink (you know).... Begrudging undecided

I expected the Lady's family to request same from them too ( I like a challenge wink) .... But , the razzo shitzo paranoia ' what do they take me for mentality' has clouded many minds into one way traffic dumb skulls....so they can't think straight but get stuck on that one question until they're 40! grin cheesy
Re: Fiancé Family by EfemenaXY: 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
jidegirl12:

Yeah right. grin

Then Why your coarse temperament or should i say conspicuous attitude toward opinionated parents who chose to do things their own way?? ... I for one don't perceive any shady scheme here hence their thorough investigation...... calling them 'useless' and 'sick' people sounds like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wink (you know).... Begrudging undecided

I expected the Lady's family to request same from them too ( I like a challenge wink) .... But , the razzo shitzo paranoia ' what do they take me for mentality' has clouded many minds into one way traffic dumb skulls....so they can't think straight but get stuck on that one question until they're 40! grin cheesy

Choi!! You this woman, pity us na and speak simple Queen's English make we understand you. grin grin

Yes, it's good to run background checks on your potential spouse and their family, family history, etc...but it should be done with tact and decorum.

Having the boy's mother summon the girl's father to 'ask' him questions in such a demeaning way isn't nice, and paints the family in a bad light. Everyone deserves some personal dignity, whether poverty striken or outrageously wealthy. We are humans and need to treat each other with decency.
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Choi!! You this woman, pity us na and speak simple Queen's English make we understand you. grin grin

Yes, it's good to run background checks on your potential spouse and their family, family history, etc...but it should be done with tact and decorum.

Having the boy's mother summon the girl's father to 'ask' him questions in such a demeaning way isn't nice, and paints the family in a bad light. Everyone deserves some personal dignity, whether poverty striken or outrageously wealthy. We are humans and need to treat each other with decency.

Sorry , i get carried away sometimes grin Razzo Shitzo is man made English ..., I have many Jide-made English in my archive I humor my kids with. grin grin

That being said, it's how you present yourself people will accept / respect you. Even though its a fictitious story , and agreeing with other posters here, the lady's family already fall for hand, even if you're koboless , his 50+ year old brain supposed to tell him he's not supposed to summon into any ridiculous invitation unless it's warranted, says a lot about him and his money mongrel jumpy body.
Re: Fiancé Family by EfemenaXY: 11:58pm On Jun 24, 2013
jidegirl12:

Sorry , i get carried away sometimes grin Razzo Shitzo is man made English ..., I have many Jide-made English in my archive I humor my kids with. grin grin

That being said, it's how you present yourself people will accept / respect you. Even though its a fictitious story , and agreeing with other posters here, the lady's family already fall for hand, even if you're koboless , his 50+ year old brain supposed to tell him he's not supposed to summon into any ridiculous invitation unless it's warranted, says a lot about him and money mongrel jumpy body.

True that.
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 25, 2013
jidegirl12:

Yeah right. grin

Yeepa, this Engrish haf kill me e! grin

Abeg did you read the post well at all? They are free to be opinionated but I'm also firmly of the opinion that they are sick in the head!

Here, let's recap the things you are supporting....
-Repeatedly summoning and humiliating the father in law to be (who also has a fault in this for subjecting himself to it not once but several times)
-Tell their married children what to do and make their decisions for them
-Unethically have your family doctor obtain their confidential se*xual history and disclose that to you shocked shocked shocked shocked
-Force your child's wife to quit her job and become a stay at home mom. shocked shocked

And I'm the one with a coarse temperament?! undecided cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by EfemenaXY: 12:52am On Jun 25, 2013
^^ No, you're on point.

I'm so with you on this, but Jide did raise a valid point. The father at 50 should have some self respect. Did he have to obey the summons he was issued?

So because of money, he was willing to forgo any self respect?

Both sides are at fault abeg, but more on the girl's family. Paranoid bunch of stuck up so-and-so's

3 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by damiso(f): 12:55am On Jun 25, 2013
Jidegirl you will not kill me with all this your match making runs cheesy cheesy grin grin

I understand where you are coming from regarding doing background checks into a family your child will marry into BUT this one is overboard.People should realise that there is a limit to which you can micro manage your kids lives.Even you do all the checks or as these families would rather have, your child marries the same 'pedigree', its still no gurantee for a happy marriage.

Its all good if your man (or woman wink) can stand up for you and has a lil bit of spine, if not you are OYO.I know what am talking about with these 'prominent' lagos families.Esp with a 'matriach' involved. lipsrsealed.I know first hand cos I have friends married into such (and this my friend too is from a prominent lagos family though not as wealthy) so its not even a matter of class, pedigree or money.It is very very very lonely.
Re: Fiancé Family by damiso(f): 1:07am On Jun 25, 2013
I just read the linda ikeji bit grin.Oh well e fit possible for real life. grin grin

Makes me remember a certain yoruba girl who had her traditional marriage in Benin tongue(okada to be exact wink wink wink).

Even oyinbo sef often marry in the bride's locality.

Nkan ti eyan oba ni gba ni olowo, talaka lati ko meaning What I wont accept as a rich man I reject from being a pauper. grin
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 25, 2013
ileobatojo:

Yeepa, this Engrish haf kill me e! grin

There we go again, Efe see what you don cause angry

If I open my well renowned self made figures of speech, your metal doors will break. But lets stick to the WAEC = 'Queen English' ( restraint back on) cool

Abeg did you read the post well at all? They are free to be opinionated but I'm also firmly of the opinion that they are sick in the head!

Yep calling one useless and sick ( without diagnosis grin) sounds coarse to me. I thought everybody deem fit make their own rules without unnecessary derogatory words thrown at them.

Here, let's recap the things you are supporting....
-Repeatedly summoning and humiliating the father in law to be (who also has a fault in this for subjecting himself to it not once but several times)
Again, the Dad sold the entire lineage cheap for acknowledging the ridiculous meeting. He himself is no good to start with, if I'm meeting someone for the first time,their first impression will determine how they'll be treated/addressed in next decades to come.

-Tell their married children what to do and make their decisions for them

Telling their married children what to do.?.... I won't really fall for that , it's always common among OP s to make false accusations for sympathy... Let even give her a benefit if doubt and say its true , I still don't see how they're useless & sick!

-Unethically have your family doctor to obtain their confidential se*xual history and disclose that to you shocked shocked shocked shocked

Unethically force? You should reread the story again, theres no such thing as obtaining info from her doc, they took her to theirs for examination , and How can you even pull that off without the actual patient's consent?? Reminds me of one medical practitioner that was reported to trying to LURE oh oh I meant FORCE a patient in excruciating labor pains to sign a consent form for csection . grin

Anyways ...They are all hungry family for even heeding to such demeaning requests... Could be a test even undecided

-Force your child's wife to quit her job and become a stay at home mom. shocked shocked

Ile you're falling for my hand! The story didn't say that, the guy's sister said that to her... taking a banter serious is another ridiculous and bogus claim to score cheap points.

Again she's a mongrel and should be dropped like its hot for failing all the tests!

And I'm the one with a coarse temperament?! undecided cheesy

Yep! Harsh even, for calling them names.

Phew! I'm outta here, too much energy on fictions not worth it. I want to re-watch Robots now. grin
----------
Dami ..... Watch me, you escaped me because yours are younger , I for don reach UK tete grin.... Seeing is believing... It's a serious mission oh grin cool may God help Me!
Gentle, kind, considerate, average family NEEDED cool
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 2:13am On Jun 25, 2013
jidegirl12:

Anyways ...They are all hungry family for even heeding to such demeaning requests...

Again she's a mongrel and should be dropped like its hot for failing all the tests!

Yep! Harsh even, for calling them names.

I can't call them sick and useless when they very clearly are but you can call the girl's family hungry and mongrels with no proof whatsoever? You hardly believe anything the OP has said but you firmly believe all the things you have made up in your own mind? Lmao! The 'rich' wink can do no wrong, right? grin

4 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 2:28am On Jun 25, 2013
WHy your dad sef go dey go answer silly questions

I think your dad made a mistake by going to meet your mother inlaw,that will give them a very wrong impression about your family. Its the husbands family that go to meet the wife family and not vice versa

What made your father go to answer your mother in law?
Its the other way round, the grooms family are the ones who go hand in cap to get a wife.
You and your family have already set yourself up for failure.

I think the girl made herself look like a church rat from the beginning because I don't understand why her dad responded to the summons. The girl's family needs to get some pride. They have presented themselves as dowdy creatures. You don't need money to ascertain you should be respected.

I believe My repeated- emphasized derogatory terms ( hungry and Mongrels) are clearly synonymous to those expressions in above posts! Well mine is just Blunt cos lets say I like to unveil things clearly to people.

Have a good Nite. grin it's been a long day.
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 2:47am On Jun 25, 2013
I thought your annoyance was with the name calling? Now you've shifted gears to try to defend your own acts of name calling? So now it's fine as long as other people have similar opinions? Lols...Anyway, as far as corroboration goes....

dayokanu: If you marry into this family then dont come back and blame devil oo

jennykadry:

taryour: If he supports his family and sees no wrong in these then my dear you never reach your bus top oo. You should take a break and if you don't see changes(which I doubt),my dear run as far as you can.

babyosisi: The answer here should be obvious
No?

Efemena_xy: but it should be done with tact and decorum.

Efemena_xy: Paranoid bunch of stuck up so-and-so's

damiso:

I understand where you are coming from regarding doing background checks into a family your child will marry into BUT this one is overboard.

I believe my descriptive terms are in line with all these posts. I'm just bluntly telling it like it is!

Sweet dreams..

*By the way, the only one of those posts synonymous with yours is the last one.*

7 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by obowunmi(m): 2:51am On Jun 25, 2013
Another Linda Ikeji fiction....Nollywood script.

This lady is wicked and not ready to be a wife for airing such dirty laundry to the world. Go for counseling, get off rubbish blogs.... Is this how a mature wife to be, deals with family issues? Rubbish....Agbero
Re: Fiancé Family by Malubi(m): 4:10am On Jun 25, 2013
Ialwaysask:
I suspect that, they think they have everything so they can do and undo without you complaining or comment. They (parents) don't like you. IF what you have presented here is the true picture of what is on ground please, (1) keep him as an Auxilary and start looking for your right person. (2). If you must marry to the family, take this guy's mother as if she is you husband. Take good care of her and be very very close to her you will not have problem. U 'LL WIN.. Cheers.
Re: Fiancé Family by greatgod2012(f): 4:45am On Jun 25, 2013
@jidegirl, so, this is how you will scrutinize me and Mr when my boy want to take one of your princesses, thank God i have zero tolerance for nonsense and im sure i wont, not even my son nor his dad will subject ourselves into such ridiculous questioning or summoning.

Im sure keeping my distance grin grin

on a serious note, one can trace the kind of family one's child is going into, but doing it the way its described here speaks volume of that boy's family, and the lady, if she eventually marry the boy is in for a long thing, so, its better for her to run now.

As for me, i dont really believe that this story is fictious, because i have a friend whose almost what is descibed here happened to, i know and im aware, thank God the said friend of mine took to her heels(its a long story), now shes happily married to the love of her life(they even celebrated their 10 years wedding anniversary last month) and shes really enjoying her marriage now, i know because shes a very good and close friend to me till tomorrow. And for the other boy, i learnt hes yet to get married, i learnt all the ladies he took home usually took to their heels after discovering the stuff the boy's mum is made of. I dont want to mention name but the family is a very wealthy and prominent family in Lagos.
May God help us all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Times I Think Of How Easy It Would Be To Just End It All / Enroling Under 2 Yrs Child To School,bad? / 70% Of Nigerian Men Are Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.