Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143261 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
Abagworo:

Oguta is a well layed out town. I'll get pictures next time I travel.

If you consider Oguta a ''town'' and not a ''village'', then please abide by the rules of this thread: no ''township'' pictures
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
Nice thread...subscribing...

What the OP means is not pictures of your place of origin because some people come from Semi-Urban areas. He wants pictures of the villages depicted in Nollywood movies.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Yeske2(m): 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
Got to get to villa soonest, Nibo can't be left behind.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by mike404(m): 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
AWKA ETITI AMAKA NWANNE
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
Yeske!:
Got to get to villa soonest, Nibo can't be left behind.
Isn't that where Dora Akunyili comes from? Abi is it different from Nimo?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by mike404(m): 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
WE NEED MORE PIKITURE PULEEEEZ
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by mike404(m): 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
DORA IS FROM AGULU
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Yeske2(m): 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
mike404: DORA IS FROM AGULU
Thought she was from Nanka or am i wrong?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
Btw, why's the thread titled "Politics of Igbo villages"? Is this an attempt to make sure this thread doesn't get moved? grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
Yeske!:
Thought she was from Nanka or am i wrong?
Ya, it's Nanka.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Yeske2(m): 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nibo is in Awka South LGA and Nimo is in Njikoka. She's neither from both places anyway.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by mike404(m): 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
AND WHAT'S DIFFERENT BETWEEN AGULU AND NANKA
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Antivirus92(m): 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
The 3 richest towns in anambra are nnewi,awka-etiti and oraukwu. Luckily i am from one of them!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by mike404(m): 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
Yeske!:
Nibo is in Awka South LGA and Nimo is in Njikoka. She's neither from both places anyway.
YEAH NIMO IS VERY CLOSE TO MA HOME TOWN ENUGWU-UKWU

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2013
Igbo people and talk talk. Without photo no one is interested in your long grammar cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by IGBOSON1: 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2013
A little less chatter and a bit more pics please.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by abagoro(m): 8:56pm On Jun 24, 2013
Les: you lie, look at the roads,very muddy and untarred... But come to Anambra state, my village in Idemmili to be precised, almost if not all the roads are tarred and then see houses, no tok am again o..

I've actually been round Idemmili and I admit there are several good houses but people still built 3-4 storey buildings and stores quite unlike Abiriba where everywhere is fenced. I did not write to debate. All the pictures are not Abiriba though.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by launique: 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2013
Oh! How I love these wonderful and beautiful pictures. Magnificent!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by londoner: 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2013
Nice houses, but these rich people should form an association to take care of the roads. The lack of well presented roads makes the place look less than its best.

But nice houses though.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 9:12pm On Jun 24, 2013
londoner: Nice houses, but these rich people should form an association to take care of the roads. The lack of well presented roads makes the place look less than its best.

But nice houses though.
I also think there should be some level of village town planning in villages because those places will become surburbs in the future.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by mysticgal(f): 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
PROUDLY IGBOTIC!!!!! IGBO KWEENU!!!

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
I challenge Igbo businessmen to beat what I have done in Igboland’

An igbo successful woman announced,here is her crip in ebony state

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2013
she is not a politician by the way..

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by abagoro(m): 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2013
ak47mann: I challenge Igbo businessmen to beat what I have done in Igboland’

An igbo successful woman announced,here is her crip in ebony state

And the lady is from Ebonyi. So that building should be in Ehugbo.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by abagoro(m): 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
More from Abiriba

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Yeske2(m): 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
Woww for Ada Ebonyi.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
abagoro:

she has invested a lot in her village cool cool

more

tall white building is her security house

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
abagoro:

She's known as 'Afikpo chic' and a young girl for that matter. Google Afikpo chic for more. Meanwhile, I think this thread should have been created in January with a prior announcement that people take pictures of houses when they go home for Christmas.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 9:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

She's known as 'Afikpo chic' and a young girl for that matter. Google Afikpo chic for more. Meanwhile, I think this thread should have been created in January with a prior announcement that people take pictures of houses when they go home for Christmas.

That babe is ''hot'' on Igbo websites. Crazy babe indeed.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunofgod(m): 10:06pm On Jun 24, 2013
mike404: YEAH NIMO IS VERY CLOSE TO MA HOME TOWN ENUGWU-UKWU

Enugwu Ukwu - na my second home,

Love the 'Lord Mayor's Lodge' - hasn't aged in decades.

Sweet town,
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:12pm On Jun 24, 2013
Antivirus92: The 3 richest towns in anambra are nnewi,awka-etiti and oraukwu. Luckily i am from one of them!

Guy,jilukwa nwayo oooo lol. Anyway,Oraukwu has money but don't forget Ihiala,Okija,Amichi,Oraifite and ofcourse Igwulube Okodu Nmili Manyuli Oku. There are too many rich town in Anambra and its difficult to say who is the richest but Nnewi and Awkaetiti stands out.

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
Abagworo:

I understand but in Nigeria what non-Igbos view as Igbo village is that poor area with bad houses often depicted in most Nollywood movies. If I tell someone I'll be travelling to my village, what he thinks about is a red, rusty-roofed rural area.

It's ok let them get their " education" from nollywood

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.