Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143232 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
Chris-OD:

Obum maka fa kam ji creatia ifia grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha grin
Nwoke, isi adiro I mma o... grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ijawgirl: 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
amunites19: Trully igbos develop their villages morethan any tribe in Nigeria but there are still real villages there because i was supprised to see these houses in one village Amoda in-between Iboko and Uminiyi in Abakaleke, is still there upto now even worst
Kalabari's and bonny pple of rivers state also develop their villages to an extent

the Ariel view of a Kalabari town, Abonnema

the hometown of Graham Douglas, Lulu Briggs, Agbani Darego etcc

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
ijaw_girl: Kalabari's and bonny pple of rivers state also develop their villages to an extent

the Ariel view of a Kalabari town, Abonnema

the hometown of Graham Douglas, Lulu Briggs, Agbani Darego etcc
That's a picture of a town not a village.

Is it true that Kalabari and Okrika people contunues a building from wherfe their father stopped. I heard every son adds a new floor to a building.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by somegirl1: 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2013
bobthebuilder99: Igbos and their delusions of grandeur.

Don't they realize this just makes them look insecure?

shouldn't bother the secure ones

10 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by mike404(m): 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21: There are some real cool houses in Enugwu-ukwu but unfortunately I don't have any pictures currently as i'm not in the village.
Awka-etiti is another very badt place in anambra. I have a course-mate and close friend from there. You need to see the mansions and houses in that place. The place rocks indeed.
WHERE IN ENUGWU- UKWU BRO
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by mike404(m): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2013

AKPA AMU GI THERE angry

5 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2013

Their is a thread about yoruba village pix go there and post your village pix and stop talking rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ceejayluv(m): 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
Villa crib...
Njaba, IMO

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ijawgirl: 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's a picture of a town not a village.

Is it true that Kalabari and Okrika people contunues a building from wherfe their father stopped. I heard every son adds a new floor to a building.

well it might look like a town but we call it our "village" aka Ama grin

and yes you are very correct
my father never built another house,instead he just renovated his father's house and added some few floors
the whole family lives there when they go home, even my uncles(my fathers brothers) aint really allowed to build their own villa house
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
mike404: WHERE IN ENUGWU- UKWU BRO

Obeagu Urukpaleke! Ndi bee Ifeacho.cheesy
Ngi kwanu?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Lincolnburrows(m): 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
mike404: AKPA AMU GI THERE angry
Nnaa take am easy now grin grin grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Where are you from?

Mbaukwu tongue

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by mike404(m): 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Obeagu Urukpaleke! Ndi bee Ifeacho.cheesy
Ngi kwanu?
ABUM ONYE AKIYI VILLA
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
Below are the images of the interior of a friend's house in his village in Nkwerre, Imo state. I couldn't get the pictures of the exterior but from what you see in the interior, you can imagine what the exterior will look like. grin

See as them Igbos all look like average african americans. grin

9 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by gidson12(m): 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

Mbaukwu tongue
oooh beloved mbaukwu......I was there, unizik prescience 2001
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
gidson12:
oooh beloved mbaukwu......I was there, unizik prescience 2001

Ahhh yes prescience grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
mike404: ABUM ONYE AKIYI VILLA

Odimma, nwanne m oma. O di mma etu a anyi sili mata onwe anyi. Uwa a dikwa nwobele. smiley

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

Mbaukwu tongue

Cool. My dad's elder sister is married to a man from Mbaukwu. Ndi bee Odum. They are living in the United states currently.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by gidson12(m): 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

Ahhh yes prescience grin
my lodge then was not far from ur igwe's palace, very fine palace......heard it was constructed by Julius Berger, is it true
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by onila(f): 10:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
some interiors

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Cool. My dad's elder sister is married to a man from Mbaukwu. Ndi bee Odum. They are living in the United states currenty.

shocked

For real

[size=1pt]Thats my mums maiden name[/size]
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
gidson12:
my lodge then was not far from ur igwe's palace, very fine palace......heard it was constructed by Julius Berger, is it true

I dont know about the julius berger part.

Its a nice palace, I've been there a couple of times.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ogetogeo(m): 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

Mbaukwu tongue

Mba gini? Mary Onyali place?

Was there many years back for unizik pre-science. I fit know your popsi place be dat sef.. tongue tongue tongue

Are you from Akabor? smiley smiley
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ogetogeo:

Mba gini? Mary Onyali place?

Was there many years back for unizik pre-science. I fit know your popsi place be dat sef.. tongue tongue tongue

Are you from Akabor? smiley smiley

Yes mbaukwu tongue

Akabor ? No lol
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Itoroetti(m): 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
peppy luv: Stop the hate ok, evil knows no boundary ,don't use one man's sin to judge all, na jealousy go kill u,I guess u still live in a mud house in your village!

Bros I'm bin curious here,but how did she raised the money she used in building such house?what was doing in the us?I know in us,u don't pick money by the road.pls clear my doubt.I don't wanna assume wat d guy is saying is correct.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by youngmonie: 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
Dont mean to be ignorant, not from d east, but heard ANAMBRA indigenes (business men and all) are d wealthest among d Igbo tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ogetogeo(m): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

Yes mbaukwu tongue

Akabor ? No lol

That means na interior una house dey tongue tongue tongue
Akabor had our 'airport' and the always grooving akabor hall. Ebe ife n'ile na eme, am ndi uka ma ndi oringo cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by mike404(m): 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Odimma, nwanne m oma. O di mma etu a anyi sili mata onwe anyi. Uwa a dikwa nwobele. smiley
LOL
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ogetogeo:

That means na interior una house dey tongue tongue tongue
Akabor had our 'airport' and the always grooving akabor hall. Ebe ife n'ile na eme, am ndi uka ma ndi oringo cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg help. Translate undecided
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

shocked

For real

[size=1pt]Thats my mums maiden name[/size]

Serious? I nukwa m o cheesy. Your mom could be related to my aunty's husband. Do you know Greg Odum? He was a two-time commissioner of one position like that, old anambra state? That's my aunty's husband.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Serious? I nukwa m o cheesy. Your mom could be related to my aunty's husband. Do you know Greg Odum? He was a two-time commissioner of one position like that, old anambra state? That's my aunty's husband.

Yes I do embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Comprehensive List Of Animals In Igbo Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.