Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143224 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

Abeg help. Translate undecided

You don't understand written Igbo? He said, 'Akabor Hall is where everything happens. Including the church people and activity people.' #UNQUOTE

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
Igbos who rarely travel are missing the splendours of the land. Igbo amaka nke ukwu u!

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:

You don't understand written Igbo? He said, 'Akabor Hall is where everything happens. Including the church people and activity people.' #UNQUOTE

I understand written but in short sentences. You see I was raised in obodo oyinbo. tongue but I hear igbo well
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 30, 2013
Mbaise is another place where you have high power buildings and good roads.sadly I don't have pics.
I love the igbo man spirit.always making effort to stay above board.na hustle spirit igbo man get. grin

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:36pm On Jun 30, 2013
youngmonie: Dont mean to be ignorant, not from d east, but heard ANAMBRA indigenes (business men and all) are d wealthest among d Igbo tribe.

You're very much on point. And the lovely thing about it is that we earn our money the legal way by being extremely hardworking, perseverant, and wise. And even though we have money and are successful, money doesn't get into our heads. It doesn't make us stingy, proud, envious of another's success or unnecessarily competitive of one another. You'll still find us being very loving and helpful to each other.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ogetogeo(m): 10:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:

You just saved her, wanted her to ask daddy. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

I understand written but in short sentences. You see I was raised in obodo oyinbo. tongue but I hear igbo well

Okay. You see, in Igbo we don't say oyinbo. We say Oyibo. smiley

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:

You see, in Igbo we don't say oyinbo. We say Oyibo. smiley

Thank you for the correction smiley
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ogetogeo(m): 10:38pm On Jun 30, 2013
lorretta u: Mbaise is another place where you have high power buildings and good roads.sadly I don't have pics.
I love the igbo man spirit.always making effort to stay above board.na hustle spirit igbo man get. grin

Nne i bu onye mba 5? shocked shocked
I don swear say na there i go marry, my dreams are coming true... wink wink wink
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by IGBOSON1: 10:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
onila:

^^^Onila, could you label your posts please, so we know where is where. Which place is this?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ogetogeo:

You just saved her, wanted her to ask daddy. undecided undecided undecided

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Ogetogeo(m): 10:40pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

tongue tongue tongue

angry angry lipsrsealed
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by lordnammy(m): 10:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
@ ogetogeo na olingo u did during ur ps days.....lol wc set aяε̲ U̶̲̥̅̊ ?
Mbaukwu was so sweet during my prescience day I love that town f̶̲̥̅̊Θя̩̥̊ Ȋ̝̊̅†.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

I understand written but in short sentences. You see I was raised in obodo oyibo. tongue but I hear igbo well
Corrected then! smiley

Since you're living in the United states, you can join our group, Association of Enugwu-Ukwu indigenes USA, on facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Association-of-Enugwu-Ukwu-Indigenes-in-USA-AEI-USA/212772002078360?fref=ts

Ka anyi na-emenu nwanne. smiley
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ogetogeo:

angry angry lipsrsealed

No vex tongue
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

Yes I do embarassed

For shizzle? You know Greg Odum? Is he your mom's brother?! cheesy
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Corrected then! smiley

Since you're living in the United states, you can join our group, Association of Enugwu-Ukwu indigenes USA, on facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Association-of-Enugwu-Ukwu-Indigenes-in-USA-AEI-USA/212772002078360?fref=ts

I live in the UK. Sorry.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:

For shizzle? You know Greg Odum? Is he your mom's brother?! cheesy

Im being serious. Nahh I think he's my mums uncle.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

I live in the UK. Sorry.
Sorry for what? grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Sorry for what? grin

I dont know. embarassed
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

Im being serious. Nahh I think he's my mums uncle.
That is, your mom's paternal uncle. Your mom's father's brother I guess. In other words, your mom is Greg's niece!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

I live in the UK. Sorry.
It's sad that there are very few Nigerian associations in the UK despite the huge Nigerian population. London sha.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:
That is your mom's paternal uncle. Your mom's father's brother I guess. In other words, your mom is Greg's niece!

Yup. cool
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's sad that there are very few Nigerian associations in the UK despite the huge Nigerian population. London sha.

Afam you start again. I know a couple of Igbo associations. Both for young and old. I dont know for the yorubas though.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 10:52pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

Yup. cool

Wow. Have you seen how public forums like this and facebook help to bring distant relatives together. Nice to meet you, Adaobi. My paternal cousin also bears Adaobi. Hope you do know the meaning of your name? cheesy
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ndigbo: 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
the_ripper3: Hmmmm, na hut we get for Ngor-okpala o. The yapping go too much if I post am. Make I dey see these ones dey go.
Ewu! where in Ngor Okpala are you talking about ?
this house is at Obiangwu in Ngor Okpala!
and can give more.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by shitshappen(m): 10:55pm On Jun 30, 2013
Chris-OD:
Post your photos of houses in Igbo villages here. No photos of cities, towns or other urban areas please.

Igbos know what we mean by ''village'' (that place you go to in your state of origin every celebration time)

Village houses in Abia State

ebiri okomoko

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Wow. Have you seen how public forums like this and facebook help to bring distant relatives together. Nice to meet you, Adaobi. My paternal cousin also bears Adaobi. Hope you do know the meaning of your name? cheesy

grin nice to meet you too.

And yes I know the meaning of my name
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:
And yes I know the meaning of my name[/b][/size]
Tell us Adaobi.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by gidson12(m): 10:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ogetogeo:

That means na interior una house dey tongue tongue tongue
Akabor had our 'airport' and the always grooving akabor hall. Ebe ife n'ile na eme, am ndi uka ma ndi oringo cheesy cheesy cheesy
chai guy u dey bring back my memories.....lol our 'airport' then.......you know basilica.....the best mamaput joint
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Tell us Adaobi.

It means first daughter of a family.

First daughter of someone of good status.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatic: 11:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
Igbo village average house just across the boarder with Akwa Ibom State

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Comprehensive List Of Animals In Igbo Language