Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (263633 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by charcoalblaq(m): 11:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wish you the best spyder, keep focused on your goal and dont be distracted.

I would love to work with you on something i and my team are working on as soon as you are done with this project.

Be focused, talk less, complete your task and let the pictures do the talking.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Reference(m): 11:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
Empero1:

Ignorance is a disease ( no insult intended ). Sis , under normal circumstance , wood is the best material for erecting high rising buildings, in the west that's the norm .

Not in the tropics am afraid. Wood has lots, I mean lots of problems.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by collynzo2(m): 11:53pm On Jun 26, 2013
kopell: Oga Sypder I will advise you to send your business idea with your resume, of all your building projects portfolio with picture of you in action.To the event of unicef thru information that the brother provided above, I can bet you someone will get in touch with you. This is America information is power here please art fast.
what of science?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by ABAKA72(m): 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
spyder880:

You have a good point, PH is expensive in most things, from granite to sand and even the labour costs here na die! But I will be pushing the boundaries of focused spending with a deep knowledge about the safest ways to pay lower and get more for less. I will also be coming in with my team of workers from Enugu, and they must agree to work with me in PH with Enugu labour rates. I will build a 'batcher' for them to live on this site.
well done Oga, but before getting carried away buy your proposed project,have you realy carried out a proper survey of cost of materials and labour in the area? do you have an experience of contract administration in the Niger delta? have you considered the kind of relationship you are going to have with the host community? if not, you are in for a culture shock. Construction environment in Enugu is different from Niger delta, am telling you from my experience cos I just finnished casting the oversite concrete (ground floor concrete) of a block of flats at Osubi near warri this evening. what I encountered was hell to say the least, it's akin to operating in a jungle, thats the mentality of people from that region, so you better know what you are walking into for such a low sum of money, cos you go settle people tire. wishing you all the luck, cos you will need it.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by ABAKA72(m): 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
spyder880:

You have a good point, PH is expensive in most things, from granite to sand and even the labour costs here na die! But I will be pushing the boundaries of focused spending with a deep knowledge about the safest ways to pay lower and get more for less. I will also be coming in with my team of workers from Enugu, and they must agree to work with me in PH with Enugu labour rates. I will build a 'batcher' for them to live on this site.
well done Oga, but before getting carried away buy your proposed project,have you realy carried out a proper survey of cost of materials and labour in the area? do you have an experience of contract administration in the Niger delta? have you considered the kind of relationship you are going to have with the host community? if not, you are in for a culture shock. Construction environment in Enugu is different from Niger delta, am telling you from my experience cos I just finnished casting the oversite concrete (ground floor concrete) of a block of flats at Osubi near warri this evening. what I encountered was hell to say the least, it's akin to operating in a jungle, thats the mentality of people from that region, so you better know what you are walking into for such a low sum of money, cos you go settle people tire. wishing you all the luck, cos you will need it.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2013
baby_123: 2 Months pere for a solid duplex. Ok o. Let me be watching. This better be the best job you ever did, otherwise, bad market.. grin grin grin cheesy

Na Oga Spyder we dey yarn, so i am sure, he will do it right

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 11:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
spyder880:

My brother, I will be here to fight as much as I can to stick to this budget. Some things are seeming like they will be too costly but here we are, the fight must go on. PH is tough, everything is high here but we are here and must face the fight. Digging starts tomorrow, expect more pictures as usual.

What a spirit . . .

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Natudu: 11:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
Bros Spyder880,
Finally you are in Port Harcourt. Welcome. I'll pay you a visit as the project progresses.

Keep the good work.

Nat
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
Majority of we Nigerians are pessimists, too bad . In the heart of the champions , the word " impossible " does not exist . What one do not belief , he can never established .

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Reference(m): 12:04am On Jun 27, 2013
And another fact often ignored when these mind boggling, head scratching sums are mentioned is quality. Poster, what is the level of quality you deliver. From structural integrity to finishing. Cos good quality materials and skilled craftsmanship to put them together don't come two a penny. You move into a new house particularly in estates and find out that you have massive repairs to do right away.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by MaxNdu: 12:11am On Jun 27, 2013
If it were only Nigerians in the world, with some of the comments about Spyder's project in PH, I doubt if man would have been able to invent bicycle, talkless of going to the moon.
Spyder, remain focused. Some of us believe in your abilities and sound judgement.

7 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 12:15am On Jun 27, 2013
MaxNdu: If it were only Nigerians in the world, with some of the comments about Spyder's project in PH, I doubt if man would have been able to invent bicycle, talkless of going to the moon.
Spyder, remain focused. Some of us believe in your abilities and sound judgement.

Great comment and i second that . . .

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 12:15am On Jun 27, 2013
Reference: And another fact often ignored when these mind boggling, head scratching sums are mentioned is quality. Poster, what is the level of quality you deliver. From structural integrity to finishing. Cos good quality materials and skilled craftsmanship to put them together don't come two a penny. You move into a new house particularly in estates and find out that you have massive repairs to do right away.

Have you checked out some of the other projects he has worked on and see the costs?

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by ABAKA72(m): 12:19am On Jun 27, 2013
spyder880: Some of my contingent from the last duplex in Ebonyi state just landed in my area in Enugu. They will be joining the Enugu group and we all are planning to move very early tomorrow morning to PH. Action starts tomorrow on this site, (barring any last minute hiccups)
Ok oga, keep me posted on your progress, so that we can be exchanging ideas, I have two contruction sites going on in delta state currently. this my email adress ifypaul2012@yahoo.com. wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by AlexVic: 12:22am On Jun 27, 2013
Hi Spyder,

Love what you are doing and understand your passion (exciting right?). It's invigorating watching ideas and designs take form. Wish you the best.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by plasgidy: 12:41am On Jun 27, 2013
Congrat oga spyder,you have finallybreak in to one of the richest state in nigeria,pls make sure that you use your best artisans for this edifice cos hundreds and thousands of nigerians are watching you, besides dont dont forget you have reputation to keep, dalu soo:

as for the cost you quoted dont be scared port is nigeria not uk or us the amount is not that bad to push the work to the level you aggreed, if this contract should cost six or seven million naira else where in bongo u can simply add 1.8miller as you ve done, and the work will be done beside you ve
come to market your company as for those that spend 13 miller and 45miller how much of all this millions entered their pocket or bank account as suppervision pay and what have you, may be you have diside to chop less

gaa na iru nwanne.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Candour(m): 12:52am On Jun 27, 2013
following this lesson.hope to learn 1 or 2 things

well done OP

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by plasgidy: 1:02am On Jun 27, 2013
Pls guys when you are making points on matters like this make sure you know what you are saying, iam previledged to have live in europe and have visited many building sites around the globe i have never seen sky scraper build with wood rather they use still and concrete or very strong well moded aluminum and use light brick like the red corlored type or a type of bord they call it plaster bud here in uk, the only house they use wood for is 1 story house of which they use wood to do the deck and pillers atimes but the out side must be double brick cos of insulation for cold

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by uhuns: 1:11am On Jun 27, 2013
spyder880:

Thank you, the project is for only the cost of foundation till roofing, 'carcas' only. No finishing at all, no plastering, no tiles, no electrical fitting
or toilet fittings.
haba.
I dont understand the following ;
1. why is the caption of the project misleading.
2.your comments that "it seems things are more costly in ph".it seems no ph market survey.
3. a mansion with out fence.haba that no be mansion.
4. now finally the cost excludes some item. as spelt out by your post.

it seems attention of someone is being craved for here.
this is a blog site . I guess we owe each other a truthfull sense of transparency. to me the title was carefully chosen to draw attention to someone. !!!who!!!!?
I hearby rest my case.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by PENMIGHT(m): 1:27am On Jun 27, 2013
Amazing! I ve perused through the posts and I can see that the learned ones have spoken,albeit professionally. Few ones too,though might not have a direct authority in the built environment, have helped to set values for post construction evaluations. The eyes are passionately watching!
But let's leave all matter of distractions like wood et all so as to focus on the project at hand.

Certainly,we have not been furnished with enough information to conclude on this project's feasibility or otherwise.

TIME,COST and QUALITY are variables that can only be ascertained to be OK only when interpreted alongside the Project Documents( drawings, specifications)

A 5 bedroom duplex does not necessarily mean 'a mansion'. A 3 Bedroom detached Bungalow might actually be more luxurious than a portable duplex.The designs(architectural,structural and services) make d whole lot of difference here!

Being a duplex necessarily doesn't meant the First Floor slab spans all through the entire building.
There might actually be a 'big' void somewhere. Just saying! I believe the 8.8m is a fair deal if it is not another Asari Dokubo's PH mansion!

Project Duration -60 days. That isn't too short. I'm sure the versatile spyder will multi-task. The major challenge is allowing the curing of first floor concrete which ordinarily should take 24 days but usually not observed. Before the stage,no resting. The critical path sets in here.

SAFETY FIRST- There is no challenge in such a time-conscious work more than ensuring structural safety.
@ Oga Spyder, pls just get the optimum ( not lowest pls) cost on your concrete works and you would ve been a success we always known u for.

U re inspirational. Wish u the best and good profit....

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by sEyi6: 1:27am On Jun 27, 2013
baby_123:

You think we have money and time for termite damage, flood sweeping away our houses. Do you think we have insurance on houses? We build it solid so it can last for years. The down side is that you cannot easily modify. Who cares about modifying if you get it all planned out at once.

No, there shouldn't be termite damage or water percolation if woods are used as partition walls and non load bearing walls(not external), provided the DPC is well made and it is a beam and column framed building.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by sEyi6: 1:38am On Jun 27, 2013
Empero1:

Bro , fine structure you are erecting there . To your assertion , I want you to know that size and designs are determinant factors in the cost of building project , in your case citing the width of that picture you posted , it must be more than 5 bedrooms duplex , or if it happen to be , it means you wasted a lot of space for inconsequential things . I have been there before , so I know what M8.8 naira can achieve when managed prudently .

I think we all need to know that fact. The low cost begins with the architects' design. The architect needs briefing on what the client is willing to spend on the project which makes the architect to give a suitable design for the cost the client is capable of. The contractor also plays an important role is reducing cost.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by sEyi6: 1:53am On Jun 27, 2013
berem: Interesting! I bet no one in Nigeria would dare try building even a storey building with wood no matter how cheap it is. Clay Bricks which is good too, majority of Nigerians don't use it. We are used to Cement. That's why Dangote keep making billions from it.

Sister, may be you shouldn't have concluded. I know of, entered and sat in a storey building built of clay bricks as walls and timbers as the deck and also the stairs. Built over 5 decades and still structurally sound.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by atlwireles: 1:56am On Jun 27, 2013

@@@@@@@@@ABAKA72

@@@@ABAKA72
A LIAR LIKE YOU SHOULD NOT COME HERE TO INSULT PEOPLE. YOUR ARE CALLING THE PEOPLE OF OSUBI JUNGLE PEOPLE? WHAT A LOW LIFE,. EVEN IN A PROPERTY BLOG, YOUR CANNOT HIDE YOUR HATE FOR THE NIGER DELTAN. JUST READ WHAT YOU ARE SPEWING EVERYWHERE. I AM SORRY FOR THE CLIENT THAT GAVE YOU HIS JOB. YOU'RE ALREADY SETTING HIM UP FOR BAD NEWS. BLAMING YOUR INEPTITUDE ON THE PEOPLE. SINCE WHEN DID YOU BECOME SHELL.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by franktolk(m): 2:18am On Jun 27, 2013
Its high time Nigerians stopped erecting new structures in an unplanned environment . we are quick to jump into any forest (unplanned area) and build our so called Mansion and after that we would then start clamouring for government to bring in necessary social amenities . I feel our urban Planning department should ensure that no new housing project is embarked on an unplanned area. To me its more like an encroahmennt.What is the benefit of having a beautiful edifice in an area without accessible road.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by rman: 2:19am On Jun 27, 2013
uhuns:
haba.
I dont understand the following ;
1. why is the caption of the project misleading.
2.your comments that "it seems things are more costly in ph".it seems no ph market survey.
3. a mansion with out fence.haba that no be mansion.
4. now finally the cost excludes some item. as spelt out by your post.

it seems attention of someone is being craved for here.
this is a blog site . I guess we owe each other a truthfull sense of transparency. to me the title was carefully chosen to draw attention to someone. !!!who!!!!?
I hearby rest my case.

My thoughts exactly!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by badmeat(m): 2:31am On Jun 27, 2013
Wow!nice thread!I'm from PH,but based in abuja,I build swimming pools,fountain,and increte floors,construction in PH n Yenagoa are more expensive!I think u can make it,but you have to be strict with ur budget!like me I put extra #1millon in my budget when I work Ph n bayelsa,
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by class0247: 2:32am On Jun 27, 2013
after searching for easy way to make money online,i finally got this..click on the link below..I assure is 100 percent free money online/

http://www.get-paid.com/index.php?ref=class0247
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by sEyi6: 2:35am On Jun 27, 2013
franktolk: Its high time Nigerians stopped erecting new structures in an unplanned environment . we are quick to jump into any forest (unplanned area) and build our so called Mansion and after that we would then start clamouring for government to bring in necessary social amenities . I feel our urban Planning department should ensure that no new housing project is embarked on an unplanned area. To me its more like an encroahmennt.What is the benefit of having a beautiful edifice in an area without accessible road.

The town planners must have approved the plan and given them a go-a-head about the location before they can start any construction.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 2:39am On Jun 27, 2013
I wonder if Nairaland have Moderators in their forums. People are deviating this thread to a different thing.
Why can't you so called "professional" leave the work to Spyder and let him continue with his work, and we the
follower, to see him posting new pictures of his progress. This thread is already going to the dogs.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Basileze1: 2:41am On Jun 27, 2013
Spyder880,

Can I have your phone number? Would actually like to interact with you when I come out from the field.

Good luck in your efforts.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by africapunch: 2:43am On Jun 27, 2013
Thank you!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.