Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver (26033 Views)

How To Hack Wireless/lan Networks / Right Order Wiring Ethernet Cable With Rj45 Plugs: / Help Needed With My Compaq Presario 1200 Notebook (ethernet Cable?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver by eduaustin(m): 4:53pm On May 13, 2008
HELLO IT GURUS IN DA HOUSE!!!
PLEASE AM TRYIN TO RE-BUILD A DELL LAPTOP WHOSE HARD DISK CRASHED. GOT ANOTHER HARD DISK AND RE-INSTALLED THE OS (MS XP PRO). WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD SOME OF THE DRIVERS FROM DELL WEBSITE, BUT I CANT GET THE LAN DRIVER SO THAT I CAN USE MY ETHERNET CABLE TO ACCESS THE LOCAL NTWRK, I COULD ONLY GET THE INBUILT WIRELESS CARD DRIVER, CAN ANYONE HERE HELP ME WITH THE LAN DRIVER FOR THE ABOVE LAPTOP OR ANY SITE WERE I CAN DOWNLOAD IT, AS IT BELONGS TO ONE OF THE EXPERTRIATES IN MY PLACE OF WORK. THANKS IN ADVANCE
Re: Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver by TmeD0(m): 6:14pm On May 13, 2008
If it's the same Dell's site I checked you checked, you would have found two different drivers for your integrated Ethernet card.  One is Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Controller and the other one is Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller.  I'd bet my last buck the first is the right driver but hey it won't hurt to try both.  However, I'd suggest creating a restore point before doing the trial/error driver thing.  In future, use this free pc audit tool to gather your H/W and S/W information for records purpose.  You can always run the application again each time you make H/W changes---will save you a lot of time trying to figure out what drivers you need for your H/W.  Good luck.  Peace!
Re: Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver by Uthainah(m): 6:26pm On May 13, 2008
@All
Please i re-installed my windows forgetting to copy the drivers on the laptop so nw i cant actually get the drivers i need help, please, anyone using a dell can just help me copy in unto his /her phone and upload it on sharemobile.ro please its a case of life and ,
Re: Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver by uspry1(f): 8:02pm On May 13, 2008
This link is for DELL computer/laptop technical support to find drivers you need at below link provided:

http://support.dell.com/

Top Solutions are included at below:
[list]
[li]Windows XP Support[/li]
[li]Windows Vista Support[/li]
[li]Wireless Networking Support[/li]
[li]Printer, Monitor, or CD/DVD Support[/li]
[li]Virus and Spyware Support[/li]
[li]Additional Troubleshooting and Error Messages[/li]
[/list]

Be sure you know which Dell model and serial number in case if it prompts asking you this info. Your Ethernet Controller/LAN Driver is under 'wireless networking support' as well as 'additional troubleshooting/Error Messages'.

Good luck!
Re: Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver by TmeD0(m): 1:29am On May 14, 2008
Uthainah:

@All
Please i re-installed my windows forgetting to copy the drivers on the laptop so nw i can't actually get the drivers i need help, please, anyone using a dell can just help me copy in unto his /her phone and upload it on sharemobile.ro please its a case of life and ,
Relax Uthainah! What's the model of your of your Dell notebook i.e. Inspiron, Latitude or Vostro.  And don't forget to include the model # not the service tag # for example Latitude D830.  If you have access to a broadband connection, just get it at Dell's support download page the moderator posted.  Keep in mind you will still have to provide your model number or service tag to download the drivers.  Good Luck!
Re: Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver by eduaustin(m): 10:05am On May 14, 2008
@T@meD0 & the rest of the House
I just wanna say thanks to you. I was able to do just as you said and with other info i got from another forum, i finally got the Lan port working again. i used the Broadcom 570x Gigabite Integrated Controller, right now am just getting all other application back into the system.
@House!!!
There is one other thing i forgot to ask yesterday. We have been trying to see if we can recover files/data stored in the crashed Hard Drive, all to no avail, is there anyway you guys can be of help. My man wants some of those info badly, though we told him the info have all gone and he has the believe in us that we can still do something to get them back. HELP HELP HELP IF ANY!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver by TmeD0(m): 4:10pm On May 14, 2008
edu_austin:

@T@meD0 & the rest of the House
I just want to say thanks to you. I was able to do just as you said and with other info i got from another forum, i finally got the Lan port working again. i used the Broadcom 570x Gigabite Integrated Controller, right now am just getting all other application back into the system.
@House!!!
There is one other thing i forgot to ask yesterday. We have been trying to see if we can recover files/data stored in the crashed Hard Drive, all to no avail, is there anyway you guys can be of help. My man wants some of those info badly, though we told him the info have all gone and he has the believe in us that we can still do something to get them back. HELP HELP HELP IF ANY!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear your LAN connection is finally restored. Pertainng the other issue you raised, when you said you've tried to restore the data from the HD that crashed, what exactly have you done. For instance, did you try to set it as a slave drive in another PC that's fully functional? Let us know what you've done so far to retrieve the data from the crashed HD. Peace!
Re: Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver by eduaustin(m): 4:33pm On May 16, 2008
Yeah, wat i did was go get an external USB HD casing.Took out the HD and set it up in the external casing hooked it up to another system, it could not be read, it just freezes the systems i tried it on. But all other HD dat was tested with the casing worked. We already know that the HD is gone, but we just wanna try and see if the data can be retrieved cause wen u shake the HD u hear some movin noise inside it, Man thats just about it, Thanks
Re: Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver by TmeD0(m): 5:54pm On May 16, 2008
Yep! The bad boy don yamutu---the noise na indication say the HD no dey gree spin again.  Abeg, make you try dey backup more often o my guy.  Good luck sha.  Peace!
Re: Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver by joys24: 10:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
i ve d lan software call me. 08054114773
Re: Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver by joys24: 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2009
i ve it call me.08054114773
Re: Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver by Kollinzmuhy(m): 11:05am On Aug 17, 2010
Pls, sum1 4mat my lappi nd loaded it wit vista window now it cannot load any dvd software, nd also its battery was not gree chargin. Oh my god, b4 i lefd d system it function properly but i loaded it wit xp window. Pls i am like a dead man since last week. Can u help me out, skydancer.[color=][/color]
Re: Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver by sp6707: 10:27pm On Jan 10, 2011
Thank you
The links provided by T@meD0 were really helpful and resolved my issue with Dell 600m.

(1) (Reply)

Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions / HP Elitebook 840 G2 with 1gb graphics card / Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.