Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal (104338 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / My Construction Journal 2 / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
The Last Tree Standing

Pic 39: These tree is standing on the perimeter wall and is more than 23m high. It must go before we move from paper to dirt next week.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Chekitaut: 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
Bros buy SCUD chemical apply on the roots of the trees you cut without mixing it.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2013
Chekitaut: Bros buy SCUD chemical apply on the roots of the trees you cut without mixing it.

Thanks. I'll do just that.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by olubuffett: 9:46pm On Jun 29, 2013
Brabus my eyes on you o
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by kopell: 11:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
@Chekeitaut waiting the SCUD chemical go do for the root of the tree explain more.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 12:59am On Jun 30, 2013
kopell: @Chekeitaut waiting the SCUD chemical go do for the root of the tree explain more.
Its an herbicide, a non-selective chemical which is used to kill a tree or plant from its roots. Some invasive tree species have the ability to sprout again and other species may regrow from the ground stump or remaining roots left in the ground. The best control method is to apply herbicides to kill the tree from the roots.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 2:35am On Jun 30, 2013
[quote author=]@Chekeitaut waiting the SCUD chemical go do for the root of the tree explain more. [/quote]

How much does a tin or gallon of this chemical cost? Can you post a picture of the tin just to see how it looks like. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Chekitaut: 7:57am On Jun 30, 2013
mufutau55:

How much does a tin or gallon of this chemical cost? Can you post a picture of the tin just to see how it looks like. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Is in 1ltr N1500 @most

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
Chekitaut: Is in 1ltr N1500 @most

Thanks. Not a bad price. I have to get some later.
And thanks for posting the pictures too.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by kopell: 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2013
This is why I love this forum, you learn more by the hours, thank guys. Hajji Mufutau even ask for picture of so call SCUD chemical to know what we are talking about. We may be calling it something else here, when we come to Naija in cause we need used for it, will know exactly what we want.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 1:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
kopell: This is why I love this forum, you learn more by the hours, thank guys. Hajji Mufutau even ask for picture of so call SCUD chemical to know what we are talking about. We may be calling it something else here, when we come to Naija in cause we need used for it, will know exactly what we want.

You damn right. We have to be prepared because most of those guys are always ready to rip us off.
I love this forum and I have accumulated so much experience and are being put to use. Thanks to all the professionals here.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Phoenixgreen(m): 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
brabus: The Last Tree Standing

Pic 39: These tree is standing on the perimeter wall and is more than 23m high. It must go before we move from paper to dirt next week.
...Well done job #Brabus i see all is well set for take off! Lets do this back to back like never before. cool
brabus: The Last Tree Standing

...Well done job #Brabus i see all is well set for take off! Lets do this back to back like never before.

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by blank(f): 10:15am On Jul 01, 2013
Can you give n estimate of hom much what you are building will cost?
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by jam04(m): 10:34am On Jul 02, 2013
Brabus we are here...subscribing
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 11:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
We're back!

It’s been a while since I update this thread, but it's for a good reason. I had to visit another Chateau in Ibadan to carry out preliminary assessment and costing for remedial works and also tidy up logistics for the ground breaking of The Chateau in Ile-Oluji.

Today, the bush-whackers and the uprooters are at work again. The house site and the surroundings are now in good condition, but some of the grounds are still littered with roots and other brush. Now that clearing is nearly done, and we can get a better idea of what our site will look like. Isn't it time to break ground? Yes, it is but there's more to do.

Today, we achieved another milestone. What? We dug a trial hole and guess what we found. It's Sandy Gravel! I think its wise to check soil bearing capacity and how it impacts foundations before we carry the digger and spade.

Anyway, here are a TON of pics (forgive my major excitement) of our site as it stands now. It's so exciting to see progress and I believe we're in the fast lane now! Construction crew will arrive site on Thursday 4th July, 2013 and we break ground the next day. Meanwhile, the iron benders are already on ground to commence work on the reinforcement detailing.

More updates as it come.

Pic 39: The house is going to be built on this portion of the land
Pic 40: Cleared site

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 11:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
No Site Without Its Challenges

Here are the stubborn roots that won't go and requires extra effort.

Pic 41: Deeply rooted in the ground is a Mango tree.
Pic 42: Another tree sitting in the dining area of our proposed development
Pic 43: A tree with aerial and tap root combined.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 11:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
More Pics

Pic 44: Sliced Wood
Pic 45: Boatload of logs to get rid off. Anyone want some?

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 12:01am On Jul 03, 2013
From the Trial Hole

Pic 46: Soil Sample from the trial hole.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by kopell: 12:27am On Jul 03, 2013
Wa oh this tree big oh. I mean tall
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 12:32am On Jul 03, 2013
kopell: Wa oh this tree big oh. I mean tall

Yes! However, the roots are bigger than what SCUD can take care. Abi no be so, Chekitaut?
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 12:40am On Jul 03, 2013
brabus:

Yes! However, the roots are bigger than what SCUD can take care. Abi no be so, Chekitaut?

Nice clearing of those bush/jungle (photo 39&40), very clean compare to when you started.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 12:49am On Jul 03, 2013
mufutau55:

Nice clearing of those bush/jungle (photo 39&40), very clean compare to when you started.

Hajji Mufutau

If I had my way, I'd have use an excavator or something to turn it into a football pitch. Anyway, we'll do our best the manual way (the Naija way) grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 12:53am On Jul 03, 2013
brabus:

If I had my way, I'd have use an excavator or something to turn it into a football pitch.
Anyway, we'll do our best the manual way (the Naija way) grin grin grin

Don't worry Oga Brabus, you are getting and will get there. Julius Berger was started like this.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:28am On Jul 03, 2013
Why the whole Paparazzi?

You may want to ask when is the main work is gonna start. What so special about clearing that its taking forever? AND many other mind-boggling question may be crossing your mind about this stage.

Here's our reason:

The excavation of the foundation, trenching of the plumbing pipes, and other related works on the proposed development are 100% likely to run into the roots of many trees (mature trees in this case) in the area. A particular tree on the site has its roots extending as far as 2.3m from the tree. Such trees are often the cause of structural problems like cracking and movement of the building.

Isn't it wise to take care of it now before it causes a major foundation failure in the future.

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Phoenixgreen(m): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2013
This i call "Foundation", you've said it all taking care of this rooted trees now is making sure the foundation of the house is resting on a solid ground and not solid tree roots which will rot away in due time you know the implications now... I have access to D6 bulldozer in that area, for you pay less n call me if you have interest. Well done Brabus. wink
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
We had a little setback today. The truck delivering sharp sand to the project site got stucked. I guess the rain that fell yesternight and the day before had quickly turned the ground to mush. The mush would obviously make our driveway unsafe to use for now. We need to quickly fix that and also make alternative arrangement for the delivery of materials to site

Pic 47: Sand dropped on the driveway to make the truck lighter.
Pic 48: Struggling to climb the hill.
Pic 49: Helpless truck boy thinking outside the box

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
Pic 50: Non-selective treatment of the building area
Pic 51: Applying glyphosate onto the surface of the shrub stump

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by kopell: 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
Na wa ooooo, the own of this project building road for the neighborhood. Naija to expensive for poor man to survive. I can see why people steal enough money when they get to Government office. Yesterday I was reading in vanguard about one ex Government official form pension office and his banker steal 5Billon from pension found, one man steal that much money. When the pensioners are dying on line in pension office in Abuja to get their record strait to collect their pension money that was not there, those OGAS AT THE TOP already collected. God save we Country from this people at the top ....
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by spyder880(m): 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
Very good details bro, I love living in these kind of natural environment where I can pluck the freshness of nature. Keep up the good works, together, we can change this nation for good.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by segcymoor(m): 10:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
Phoenixgreen: This i call "Foundation", you've said it all taking care of this rooted trees now is making sure the foundation of the house is resting on a solid ground and not solid tree roots which will rot away in due time you know the implications now... I have access to D6 bulldozer in that area, for you pay less n call me if you have interest. Well done Brabus. wink

I guess manual uprooting is d best approach to this.Welldone
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
Pic 52 & 53: Rebar Cutting/Bending Team at Work

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Chekitaut: 12:07am On Jul 04, 2013
brabus:

burning or applying acid will stop growing for life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply)

Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost / Can I Build This Type Of House In Three Months? / Our Electrical Installations (conduit, Wiring & Fittings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.