Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal - Properties (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal (104275 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / My Construction Journal 2 / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 6:31am On Jul 31, 2014
^^^

I reject that condemnation in Jesus name. Amen ! MY LORD God have bless this land with the blood of Jesus and no man curse shall prevail nor prosper in Jesus name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by cleric(m): 6:37am On Jul 31, 2014
Qc1: ^^^

I reject that condemnation in Jesus name. Amen ! MY LORD God have bless this land with the blood of Jesus and no man curse shall prevail nor prosper in Jesus name, Amen.

Amen. My brother, don't worry. It is well. But it will be worth considering other options like is being suggested.

2 Likes

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:25am On Jul 31, 2014
On 30th December 2013, I wrote this:
BrabusNG: My Fix 1

One of the main problem with this plot is the slope. The land slopes toward the house and surface water ponds near the foundation wall. I intend to construct a V-ditch around the house (especially on the sloping side) to allow surface drainage from both the foundation wall and the other yard areas to a storm drain further downhill.

This fix applies to plots where the front street is higher than the land/foundation or when the house is built on the side of a hill.

I am afraid Sir Jamesqu is right! Eventually you'll need a compound drainage to redirect all waters.

Sir Tony John is also a Nairaland client and that was the fix we did for him after his fence fell 3 times.

I don't think it's condemnation really. I've already suggested this even right from the foundation stage. God will provide the permanent solution and the fund to tackle the problem.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Jamesqu(m): 1:45am On Aug 01, 2014

Chineke God of Umuahaia!

No be to find solution we all dey here for...okay siddon look then.

Anyway, I will take a pix of the said solution when I'm in Lagos later in the year and post it for all to see...I know its tough, but just reserve some cash. The Lord will see you through it.

Sometimes, we keep on praying when the Lord has answered our prayer through other people's experiences...

2 Likes

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by segcymoor(m): 8:00am On Aug 01, 2014
Jamesqu:
Chineke God of Umuahaia!
Anyway, I will take a pix of the said solution when I'm in Lagos later in the year and post it for all to see...I know its tough, but just reserve some cash. The Lord will see you through it.
Sometimes, we keep on praying when the Lord has answered our prayer through other people's experiences...
Bros. It's quite an age . Happy New month!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by NL1960: 10:20am On Aug 01, 2014
Jamesqu:

Chineke God of Umuahaia!

Why are you bothering yourself to shout 'Chineke God of Umuahaia!'?. This is the typical mentality of most Nigerians. Iam sure that when Brabus told him the same thing, he must have also said that he rejected it in Jesus name and iam sure he even called his Pastor to come and bind and cast out all evils from what will make the fence to fall down. Na the fence keeps falling down and he keeps patching it and he is even not ready to learn from the experience of another.

3 Likes

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 11:34am On Aug 01, 2014
^^^

Yo doug! you ain't even know jack 'bout me son! Hey...B., don't be coming out here n' be calling nobody "typical" aiight ?

Word !!! angry Wuz up with 'em young bloodz these dayz? Opinion is cool though but don't be dissing nobody buddy! angry

Having said that.....I fell your beef! It's all cool. grin

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by NL1960: 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2014

Yo doug! you ain't even know jack 'bout me son! Hey...B., don't be coming out here n' be calling nobody "typical" aiight ?

Word !!! angry [b]Wuz up with 'em young bloodz these dayz? [/b]Opinion is cool though but don't be dissing nobody buddy! angry

Having said that.....I fell your beef! It's all cool. grin

yo men. who told you iam a young blood?. You can now see that you are behaving like the 'typical' Nigerian of just assuming.

We have a saying in my place that goes 'wetin concern vulture with plaiting of hair'. So nothing concern me. It is your money, your project and your house. you are free to spend it the way you like and you are also free to 'reject any condemnation in Jesus name. Amen'. cool

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Jamesqu(m): 7:55am On Aug 02, 2014
segcymoor:
Bros. It's quite an age . Happy New month!

Same to you....it was like I follow the data lost for Seun computer grin
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by lastpage: 2:08am On Sep 18, 2014
Hi Qc1

Can you give an estimate, a rough one, of the amount spent so far, please?

Just a close one will do.

Cheers.

Lastpage!

BTW: why did you not consider using one of those very thick PVC, Nylon-like material (cant remember what it is called) to cover the foundation (before pouring concrete on the floor) to prevent water,humidity/Capillarity action from affecting the floor and walls?
I have seen it used in places.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
lastpage: Hi Qc1

Can you give an estimate, a rough one, of the amount spent so far, please?

Just a close one will do.

Cheers.

Lastpage!

BTW: why did you not consider using one of those very thick PVC, Nylon-like material (cant remember what it is called) to cover the foundation (before pouring concrete on the floor) to prevent water,humidity/Capillarity action from affecting the floor and walls?
I have seen it used in places.

Raft foundation alone was about N4. 5m

Rafted fence with middle beam was N1.7m

Evething you saw in the last pic cost N9. 5m

If you have a good land and don't need the raft foundation and also don't need the urgency have to fence it your project right away, then N4.5m should do. I'm about to do the roof for another N2m...you might wanna trough that in the budget too.

Yes the DPC was covered with the plastic you were referring to. See the pic below.

And in case you are wondering about builders, then I strongly recommend Brabus.

Hope that will help.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 3:54am On Sep 19, 2014
Sir Qc1,

Thanks for the recommendation. If you have some time (weekends are always free), please call me +2348023429122. We have something important to discuss.

Thank you.

Brabus

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2014
Now it's official! K-024 at Cooperative Villas by NextHome.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 3:02am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas from the NextHome Team

In addition to wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas, we also want to say thank you. This has been an amazing year of change and growth for NextHome, and it would not be possible without your support!

Thank you for your continued support of NextHome, and we look forward to working with you in 2015!

The NextHome Team

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
Desmond Flats at Ogombo - a new project by NextHome! Follow us here

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 13, 2015
What's the pricing of land like in Ile Oluji?

Thanks.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 5:49am On Jan 26, 2015
NEW! Development Land For Sale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYxJy7k5bRI
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2015
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 5:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
Africa’s flagship annual convention for the Real Estate sector, REAL ESTATE UNITE, powered by 3INVEST Limited, has commenced activities for the 2015 edition with the unveiling of the event’s agenda. The theme for this fourth edition is “Connecting the DOTS in Africa’s Real Estate”.It is set to hold on the 29th and 30th of September at Eko Convention Centre, Lagos.

Join us there!

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by tbanty1: 4:34pm On Oct 26, 2015
Please where exactly in ile oluji, is ds Chateau located? because av neva see such an establishment in the town, since av bn visitin dere.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 3:40am On Dec 22, 2015
[size=16pt]Happy Christmas Everyone[/size]

We’d like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

It’s been a long year since we started up NextHome Design+Build, but we’d like to thank everyone for your support & business.
But it’s been great so far and we’re loving every minute of it…and we believe 2016 will be even better.
The office will be closed officially from Thursday 24th December and back to the grind on Monday 4th January.

So in the mean time, eat drink & be merry!

NextHome Official Weblog is live now! Visit www.nexthomedesigns.com

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by n3xt(m): 7:24am On May 26, 2016
Buying a Land or Building in Lagos: Know the Setback Requirements.

Planning is a system that orders the use and development of land for the benefit of our communities. The overall aim of planning is to ensure a balance between enabling development while at the same time conserving and protecting the environment and local amenities. The idea is to create better and balanced environment for people to live, work, play, pray, recreate and move around with utmost ease.

https://nexthomedesigns.com/2016/05/26/building-in-lagos-know-the-setback-requirements/

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by bandwidth: 4:38pm On May 27, 2016
brabus:
Please feel free to post a comment if you have any questions about the photos below and I'll be happy to elaborate on them:

Hello Sir, for a three bedroom bungalow, do I need to use rod reinforcements for the casting of the floor after after filling foundation with sand?
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by n3xt(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2016
bandwidth:

Hello Sir, for a three bedroom bungalow, do I need to use rod reinforcements for the casting of the floor after after filling foundation with sand?

It depends on the soil condition. But you may be just fine with layers of hardcore.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by bandwidth: 6:55pm On May 28, 2016
n3xt:

depends on the soil condition. But you may be just fine with layers of hardcore.
Okay. Thank you so much. It's a dry land on the mainland in Lagos, hard soil.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by MMotimo: 3:15am On Mar 24, 2021
Hi n3xt / kobocity / brabusng / brabus

3.13 am in Naija hmmmmmm no rest for the wicked?

. . . . pages with screenshots already saved. It would be interesting comparing the posts before and after the screenshots.

All your posts, all threads, frozen in history, original posts only

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply)

Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost / Can I Build This Type Of House In Three Months? / Our Electrical Installations (conduit, Wiring & Fittings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.