Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:28 PM

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Country: Oduduwa Republic (3905 Views)

Goodbye Nigeria, Welcome Oduduwa Republic, - Femi Fani-kayode / Goodbye Nigeria, Welcome Oduduwa Republic, By Femi Fani-kayode / National Anthem Of Oduduwa Republic. Yoruba Anthem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Country: Oduduwa Republic by femiaction(m): 7:31am On Jun 27, 2013
The Dream.....The Country.......The Nation

Capital: Lagos

Population: Approx. 40millionCurrency: Awo

GDP: Approx. US$187Billions (Purchasing power parity)

Languages: Yoruba & English

Government: Unitary System

Demonym: Yorubian

Area: 275 square kilometers

Points of Interest: Olumo Rock, Cocoa House, Third
Mainland Bridge, Arinta Waterfalls, River Osun, Ikogosi
Warm Spring and so forth

Mineral Resources: Oil, Gemstone, Kaolin, Limestone,Feldspar, Tantalite, Phosphate, Tatium, Granite, Syenite, Gold, Marble, Iron-Ore, Glass-sand, Clay, Talc, Aqua Marine Tourmaline,Colimbite, Kaolin, Sillimnote, Dolomite

States: Ekiti, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Oya (carved out of Kwara), Ibadan (carved out of Oyo), Ijebu (carved out of Ogun), Ijesa (carved out of Osun), Okun (carved out of Kogi), Lagoon (carved out of Lagos)

A nation where we all share things in common such as
language, food, culture, norms and beliefs, tradition etc. A nation where corruption will have no place of abode, a nation where we watch one another's back
The best legacy for the next generation

Dream The Dream

!By: Bola Olalekan

#Oduduwa Republic #ProudlyYorùbá # like us on facebook m.facebook.com/TheYorubaPeople?refid=13

3 Likes

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by deeobserver209(m): 8:07am On Jun 27, 2013
Save journey

2 Likes

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by Theben(m): 8:13am On Jun 27, 2013
A nation where Tinubu would emerge the president

5 Likes

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by amor4ce(m): 8:26am On Jun 27, 2013
How about "Demonym: Omo Odua", "Currency: Owo Eyo", "Religion/Constitution: Ifa" and including Isejiri as one of the states, and including programmes to eventually bring together all other Omo Odua in Benin, Togo and Ghana under the same roof as a confederation?

3 Likes

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by femiaction(m): 8:29am On Jun 27, 2013
Theben: A nation where Tinubu would emerge the president
hug transformer (

1 Like

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by cherish(m): 8:46am On Jun 27, 2013
I can't stop smiling, is gr8 shaa
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by Ngwakwe: 8:52am On Jun 27, 2013
The quest for Oduduwa Republic is likened to a middle man out of Three People who bought three plots of Land parallel to each other but made no attempt to fence his own plot.

It was then observed that Oduduwa went and bought magnificent Gate waiting for Biafra to fence his plot on the right and Arewa to fence her plot on the left as to enable her install the magnificent gate - what a "wisdom".

The moral lesson is that Oduduwa strives when her neighbours are enemies and will never attempt self determination by her own struggle.

In summary, until Biafra secedes there will be no Oduduwa - Fact

11 Likes

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by Samxiulee: 8:55am On Jun 27, 2013
I don't like unitary system,that's the same system Nigeria is running,and the problem with Nigeria.
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by kunlekunle: 8:58am On Jun 27, 2013
Ngwakwe: The quest for Oduduwa Republic is likened to a middle man out of Three People who bought three plots of Land parallel to each other but made no attempt to fence his own plot.

It was then observed that Oduduwa went and bought magnificent Gate waiting for Biafra to fence his plot on the right and Arewa to fence her plot on the left as to enable her install the magnificent gate - what a "wisdom".

The moral lesson is that Oduduwa strives when her neighbours are enemies and will never attempt self determination by her own struggle.

In summary, until Biafra secedes there will be no Oduduwa - Fact

you look before you leap.
soup nodey shake for elder's stomach.
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by geeez: 9:00am On Jun 27, 2013
I'm loving it

$5,000 visa bond applies to all Biafrans grin

4 Likes

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 27, 2013
I will prefer to pay for visa to travel to Lagos from Biafra than to continue in this cage called Nigeria.
Odua Republic is a great idea. I wish you guys the best.

2 Likes

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 27, 2013
geeez: I'm loving it

$5,000 visa bond applies to all Biafrans grin

Is that how cheap you are? Just $5,000?

I will gladly pay more, if and only if I need to visit your country.
Yet, why not get your country first!

Why count your chickens when the eggs are yet to be laid?

1 Like

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by geeez: 9:10am On Jun 27, 2013
noblezone:

We don't need the money for our economy

Only applies to countries with high rates of 'abscondees' in our country grin

1 Like

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by IGBOSON1: 9:19am On Jun 27, 2013
kunlekunle:

you look before you leap.
soup nodey shake for elder's stomach.

^^^When will the looking end and action begin?
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by kuluTemper: 9:22am On Jun 27, 2013
noblezone:

[/b]AND YOUR IP SHOWS THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN LAGOS!![b]
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by Gbawe: 9:23am On Jun 27, 2013
@OP.

The SW does not need "Oduduwa republic" in this day and age and it may be separatists, consumed with atavistic instincts, who glorify the idea "Yoruba greatness" must be achieved at the expense of geographical separation from others. Those who just want the SW and all regions to thrive, and this would include most of the current crop of the intelligentsia in Yorubaland, know that every region only needs a few changes to aid the self-determination that will see us all develop optimally and commensurate with the efforts we are willing to put in to defeat socio-economic/developmental challenges.

We do not need a new nation to make the SW a developed region. We only need a few changes at the centre and I believe these changes will be seen if the PDP is defeated. For those who can shun emotion, and note facts and reality, it is obvious the SW is certainly one region that shows it is devoted to creating societies committed to the best interest of the majority and not a wealthy elite class alone. I stand to be corrected but it is only States in the SW that have introduced social pensions for the vulnerable elders in Nigeria. The mass employment scheme in the region is also indicative that a people-centred leadership is present in the SW. The commitment to socio-economic integration is also commendable. In short, the SW is on the right path and does not need to travel the circumference of a circle to get from A to B, as others want to do, when it can use the radius as a much quicker travel path.

1 Like

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 27, 2013
Gbawe: @OP.

The SW does not need "Oduduwa republic" in this day and age and it may be separatists, consumed with atavistic instincts, who glorify the idea "Yoruba greatness" must be achieved at the expense of geographical separation from others. Those who just want the SW and all regions to thrive, and this would include most of the current crop of the intelligentsia in Yorubaland, know that every region only needs a few changes to aid the self-determination that will see us all develop optimally and commensurate with the efforts we are willing to put in to defeat socio-economic/developmental challenges.

We do not need a new nation to make the SW a developed region. We only need a few changes at the centre and I believe these changes will be seen if the PDP is defeated. For those who can shun emotion, and note facts and reality, it is obvious the SW is certainly one region that shows it is devoted to creating societies committed to the best interest of the majority and not a wealthy elite class alone. I stand to be corrected but it is only States in the SW that have introduced social pensions for the vulnerable elders in Nigeria. The mass employment scheme in the region is also indicative that a people-centred leadership is present in the SW. The commitment to socio-economic integration is also commendable. In short, the SW is on the right path and does not need to travel the circumference of a circle to get from A to B, as others want to do, when it can use the radius as a much quicker travel path.

Seconded in its entirety!
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 27, 2013
kuluTemper:

[/b]AND YOUR IP SHOWS THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN LAGOS!![b]

In your dreams, I am sure!
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 27, 2013
geeez:

We don't need the money for our economy

Only applies to countries with high rates of 'abscondees' in our country grin

I did not know that hatred and envy can smell, I can perceive it strongly.
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by Ngwakwe: 10:55am On Jun 27, 2013
Hiding behind words and saying the same thing.

"Oduduwa Republic" is invariably proportional to "Geographical Separation"

"Yoruba greatness" must be achieved at the expense of geographical separation from others.

The SW does not need "Oduduwa republic" in this day and age.

1 Like

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by eggheaders(m): 11:00am On Jun 27, 2013
at ops you didn't include our Benin and itsekiri cousins in our proposed nation. but seriously I don't think division is the solution to the nation numerous problems. if the right people are elected then we will all have it good. irrespective of the ethnicity of the much awaited messiah.
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by badmrkt(m): 11:13am On Jun 27, 2013
they've finally found their balls,but will their "masters" let them go?
still watching...
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by kunlekunle: 11:16am On Jun 27, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^When will the looking end and action begin?

situation still under constant review, so you look before you jump.
We just cant jump like 1967
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2013
eggheaders: at ops you didn't include our Benin and itsekiri cousins in our proposed nation. but seriously I don't think division is the solution to the nation numerous problems. if the right people are elected then we will all have it good. irrespective of the ethnicity of the much awaited messiah.

Right people? what do you mean by right people?

the truth is this:
No government can perform unless they are accepted and supported by the people they lead.
Tell me the Nigerian that will be accepted by the South South, South East, South West, North Central, North East and North West. the day we have such a Nigerian, is the day we are ready for some progress!

1 Like

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by eggheaders(m): 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2013
noblezone:

the truth is this:
No government can perform unless they are accepted and supported by the people they lead.
Tell me the Nigerian that will be accepted by the South South, South East, South West, North Central, North East and North West. the day we have such a Nigerian, is the day we are ready for some progress!

when we have a selfless leader ready to clampdown on corruption and provide the dividends of democracy to the citizenry everyone will support him irrespective of the present ethnic and religious biases overshadowing my countrymen sense of reasoning.
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by DerideGull(m): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2013

The above postulation is a very simplistic and illusionary ideal. Nigeria will never see growth and development beyond concrete and corrugated iron sheets as long as it remains as presently constituted. Nigeria can not ward off external aggression without going down by internal implosion.
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by Gbawe: 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
noblezone:

the truth is this:

"Acceptance" is overrated. If the right leaders are elected, they will initiate the reforms and bold changes needed that gradualists, from every single ethnic group, will avoid when elected into positions they do not have the ability to use in moving the nation forward. How is "acceptance" connected with leaders fully empowered to deliver changes, one after the other, blatantly rejecting the required course of action that can move all of us forward? What acceptance is GEJ looking for that prevents him from being the leader championing the cause of State policing? Does GEJ need the acceptance of every ethnic group in Nigeria before he directs that we stop selling our crude through traders, as Ribadu suggested, so as to destroy theft against Nigeria?

Dude, you don't have to just unquestioningly embrace what has been sold to you as the "only solution" and then rigidly sticking to this in the face of evidence that shows you are misguided. Look at the truth of matters to note you have been scammed. Begin to look at even your own leaders and elders with honesty. Are they sincere? How many real leaders today, even those from your very household, do you see agitating for separation when they become part of the "power order"? How come Okonjo-Iweala, Anyim et al are not making the same noise you disturb us with on this forum daily? Even you will sing a different tune tomorrow if made a Senator.

I just think we should focus on the centre delivering changes that mean all of us can develop our States and region optimally instead of vacuously insisting others "hold us back" when we are the ones most responsible for holding ourselves back. It is like Africans lampooning the West while ignoring their own wicked and inhuman leaders who get a lot and give them nothing in return. The NDDC, headed by Niger Deltans, is one big house of scam and treachery against the Niger Delta. What then is the point for a Niger Deltan to think he would fare better under the same merciless looter in an independent Nation? what is the point of the Niger Deltan going around shouting that the Yoruba and Hausa man are his biggest problem when his own blood brother is mercilessly and directly stabbing him in the back?
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by amakenny: 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
The best thing to happen to a country is homogenous population, common language and culture - take aside religion, because religion only plays a role when there is ethnic diversity in a country. Oduduwa Republic may be a beautiful country to behold in Africa, but can the Yoruba go for it? Or not, until oil finishes in the old eastern region?
Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by amor4ce(m): 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
@Gbawe, an omo ale uses his left hand to point at (show the way) to his father's house. Only a thoroughly brainwashed house negro or negropean would accept and promote and seek to preserve the very savage works of the oyinbo (including the Berlin Conference, murder and enslavement of millions during the trans-Atlantic, trans-Saharan and oriental slavery). It is only an omo ale that will sell his inheritance and father's property and welcome others to claim it without his father's consent. It is only an omo ale that will despise, belittle and refer to his ancestors as primitive and condescendingly refer to his people as "atavistic" for loving and respecting their ancestors.The Berlin Conference was evil and has been used till date to divide non-nomadic black Africans. Perhaps you are a pro-oyinbo halfcaste, or been bleaching your soul, or your soul is actually oyinbo, perhaps not, hopefully not. This attitude of condscension and disregard for indigenous heritage shows up cosistently in your posts.Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by amor4ce(m): 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
Duplicate post

1 Like

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by amor4ce(m): 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
Triplicate post

1 Like

Re: Country: Oduduwa Republic by amor4ce(m): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2013
quadruplicate post

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria / If ISIS is not Islam then why do they enjoy support from muslims? / Breaking News: Heavily Armed Soldiers Storm Gbaramatu Kingdom.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.