Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,990 members, 7,806,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Beware -oshodi-isolo Local Government Extorts Money From Motorist - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware -oshodi-isolo Local Government Extorts Money From Motorist (739 Views)

Lagos Police Station Where No Motorist Can Be Innocent (punch Newspaper) / Cult members bury motorist alive in Lagos (Photo) / Man Arrested For Snapping A Policeman Collecting Bribe From Motorist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware -oshodi-isolo Local Government Extorts Money From Motorist by hohafrank(m): 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
I happen to be coming from Apapa.I was close to MR BIGGS heading towards Oyetayo Street when I was accosted by a man on mufti who claimed to be a staff of Oshodi-Isolo Local Government as indicated by his identification card.He claimed to have stopped me.Before I know it,he was already at the front passenger's seat.In a soft tone he said I should drive along Oyetayo street.He wants to delay me for five minutes by checking if I was first offender.
He could not really point out the offence he was holding me for.As i drove about 200 m he told me to enter through a gate which leads to their compound.He ordered one of the boys to issue me with receipt of =N=20,000.I was mad at them.
As I was there,other motorists were brought.Some who have the money paid instantly after raining curses on them.Eventually I was force to cough out a whole seven thousand Naira for offence not committed.
The funny aspect of it is that they withdrew the first receipt bearing 20,000 NAIRA and write another fake receipt covering the 7,000 naira they collected from me.
The questions that arises are.
If they are recruited by the state Government what are their functions?
How do they account for the money extorted from motorist?
Are they suppose to stay along Oyetayo where there is little or no traffic?
On what ground are they arresting motorist?
Who are they collecting the money for?
The state government should look into their activities before they bring the name of Fashola to state of disrepute.The danger of bloody fracas is looming if such extortion is not nip in the bud
Fellow Nairalanders your contributions
Re: Beware -oshodi-isolo Local Government Extorts Money From Motorist by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
Its a show of sham at oshodi/LG. I dnt stop for those thugs bro. U have enough to throw out dat's y

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Girl Caught On Camera Stealing Ipad, Hides It In Her Pants / Pastor Arrested For Child Trafficking In Ibadan (pics) / Tension In Enugu As Community Protests Imposition Of Traditional Ruler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.