Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) (19090 Views)

3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal / Iran Unveils Homemade Stealth Fighter Jet (Pictures & Video) / Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by underscore: 7:11am On Jun 28, 2013
President Barack Obama has spent the afternoon touring a Senegalese island where Africans were shipped across the Atlantic into slavery and he called the visit a 'very powerful moment.' Obama says visiting Goree Island Thursday with his family helps them fully appreciate the magnitude of the slave trade. They toured the museum at the Maison des Esclaves where slaves were gathered before going through the 'Door of No Return' and being forced onto ships bound for North America. Obama also said that, as an African American and an African-American president, the trip gaves him even greater motivation to stand up for human rights around the world, and the visit came just hours after he clashed with his Senegalese hosts over gay rights. He said the island is a reminder of what happens when civil rights are not protected.
How touching! I hope to visit this place with my family as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axub7HA1UMU

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1175743_obama1_jpgc95f794d1a96ea898b8ab1e91991ac73[/img]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2350084/Obama-makes-emotional-visit-slave-shipping-port-just-hours-clashing-Senegalese-president-countrys-anti-gay-laws.html
http://trendysturvs..com/2013/06/video-photos-obamas-emotional-trip-to.html

5 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 28, 2013
Thanx for puttin on d glasses. Those white mofos bak in d U.S wud av bn laffin at ur black azz!

2 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by tboycares: 8:01am On Jun 28, 2013
So emotional......its good to atleast see what your fore fathers did to Africa.
Front pages plzz
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by guy1234: 8:09am On Jun 28, 2013
See how simple they look, very modest without thronge of aides hovering around them.

19 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 28, 2013
MKO was there decades ago and he wept bitterly.

4 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by xykms101: 8:11am On Jun 28, 2013
tboycares: So emotional......its good to atleast see what your fore fathers did to Africa.
Front pages plzz
What are you saying? Obama is an african, his fore fathers were victims of slave trade.

@topic! African first ladies has a lot to learn from Michelle Obama.

6 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 28, 2013
tboycares: So emotional......its good to atleast see what your fore fathers did to Africa.
Front pages plzz
Whose forefathers? Obama is African American.

Am not gonna ask if you are Educated, I av my assumptions.

6 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 28, 2013
Men, these obama girls done big o.
Who has their facebook I.D?

See gobe tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by kkkp: 8:37am On Jun 28, 2013
I trust naija.
guy1234: See how simple they look, very modest without thronge of aides hovering around them.

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by niggadee(m): 8:40am On Jun 28, 2013
obama is playing Stupid Politician Tricks again

2 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by tboycares: 10:48am On Jun 28, 2013
I am not talking about obama here.we all know he his an African American...talking about hw he can reAlise how this white treated us and use his govt in compesating Africans.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by free2ryhme: 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2013
well what can i say lipsrsealed
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by vosquare: 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
y d guy no kum 9ja again
*smh*
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Okijajuju1(m): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
underscore:

Nna Men.... shocked shocked

Lekwa Ukwu Nwa Obama... shocked shocked

[sub] I am about to dedicate one container of 150g of Vaseline to her.. Infact, Add one 5kg Turkey brand Vegetable oil to that..

4 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Policewoman(f): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
Pls when will Obama visit Nigeria?
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by ayee123: 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2013
I can imagine the security details in that area. Hmmm.

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by faithia88: 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
free2ryhme: well what can i say lipsrsealed
same here
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
guy1234: See how simple they look, very modest without thronge of aides hovering around them.
lol the aides around him re countless, you cant see em' buh they re errwhere.

3 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Okijajuju1(m): 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
Policewoman: Pls when will Obama visit Nigeria?

The Day you and your fellow officers can atleast provide us with decent security.. angry

11 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by ernie1234(m): 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
Sometimes moment like this tends to create a retrospective look on what our past fathers went through
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by supaeagles(m): 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
mobuch: Men, these obama girls done big o.Who has their facebook I.D?See gobe tongue tongue tongue
ha ha ....
Nice pix. A bit of a photo OP, nice none the less.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Policewoman(f): 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

Nna Men.... shocked shocked

Lekwa Ukwu Nwa Obama... shocked shocked

[sub]I am about to dedicate one container of [color=#006600]150g of Vaseline to her.. Infact, Add one 5kg Turkey brand Vegetable oil to that.. [/color]
You go just DRY like okporoko fish be dat cool cool cool cool cool
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Okijajuju1(m): 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
Okay!!

So Obama has seen half the shiit those white boys put us through. He should Visit Ghana as well and see the Castles in Cape Coast.. Then go back and ask himself one question;

How has his presidency helped Africa/Africans.. No be to come snap Photo go back go lounge inside White house.

12 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
mobuch:
Men, these obama girls done big o.
Who has their facebook I.D?

See gobe tongue tongue tongue
O boy calm down.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by supaeagles(m): 2:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
Men, .... like him or hate him, Obama is a cool dude .... coolness personified ! cool
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by omiobo: 2:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
Make him no come o! we no get money for ceremony wey kill iya aguda.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by lexrichy(m): 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
mikelreal: lol the aides around him re countless, you cant see em' buh they re errwhere.
yes oooooo the security details are ghost mode activated try and mess up first.

5 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Plutarch: 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2013

He may decide not to come. We dont care afterall sad

3 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by lawrenceunaa: 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2013
weda e kum naija or not na wetn i go benefit 4rm e visit africans still de worship the white i no
follow una,gobes, illuminati representative.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by DollyParton1(f): 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
Damn! I almost did not recognize Sasha at all. Those girls are grown now.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Eneze1(f): 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
wow, he look so relaxed with the first lady and simple too

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by kingjohnny(m): 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
If let with Obama in his today's politics in America he will enslave us more

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police And Pro-Palestinian Demonstrators Clash At DNC Headquarters (Photos) / Donald Trump Grants Michael Flynn Presidential Pardon / One Person Killed After Gunmen Attack Church In Istanbul.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.