Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. (12291 Views)

How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N / Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari / "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by doncaster(m): 7:34am On Jun 28, 2013
I could remember vividly what happened to these three young men execution by the gap toothed General for an offence not worthy for a 3 years jail term. To put it quite plainly, one of those three Ogedengbe – was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed...(WS). The execution of that youthful innocent for so he
was, since the punishment did not exist at the time of commission – was nothing short of premeditated murder, for which the perpetrators should normally stand trial upon their loss of immunity....(WS). Up till today he has shown no regrets about this his action and would do so again maybe in 2015 or after. Everybody saw what happened after the 2011 general election God forbid we will not witness such again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by juventino: 7:53am On Jun 28, 2013
doncaster: God forbid we will not witness such again.

AMEN OOOO. Amin e po
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 28, 2013
Who are they?
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by PointB: 8:51am On Jun 28, 2013
Ijogz K: Who are they?

They were judicially murdered by Gen MumuNmadu Bokahari using a retroactive law.

Specifically, when Buhari took over power, he enacted a decree which made some crimes punishable by death. The law was made retroactive (back dated sort of), and those who committed such crime in before the decree, where nonetheless put to death.

3 Likes

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by mikolo80: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2013
ASK URSELF. DID THEY OR DID THEY NOT COMMIT THE CRIME. WAS THERE OR WAS THERE NOT A DECREASE IN CRIME RATE AFTER THE TREATING OF FUC.K UP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by doncaster(m): 9:34am On Jun 28, 2013
mikolo80: ASK URSELF. DID THEY OR DID THEY NOT COMMIT THE CRIME. WAS THERE OR WAS THERE NOT A DECREASE IN CRIME RATE AFTER THE TREATING OF FUC.K UP
You don't hold somebody at hand and make a law/decree. leaching criminals at sight/burningthem will reduce crime rate as well
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by DuduNegro: 9:36am On Jun 28, 2013
doncaster: I could remember vividly what happened to these three young men execution by the gap toothed General for an offence not worthy for a 3 years jail term. To put it quite plainly, one of those three Ogedengbe – was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed...(WS). The execution of that youthful innocent for so he
was, since the punishment did not exist at the time of commission – was nothing short of premeditated murder, for which the perpetrators should normally stand trial upon their loss of immunity....(WS). Up till today he has shown no regrets about this his action and would do so again maybe in 2015 or after. Everybody saw what happened after the 2011 general election God forbid we will not witness such again.

What were their crimes, was it not drug?
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by PointB: 9:58am On Jun 28, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

Civilised countries don't murder their citizens for drug related offenses, they jail them!

4 Likes

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by gbadexy(m): 10:11am On Jun 28, 2013
You failed to state their offense! I feel it was deliberate.
Your post is intended to castigate buhari and prey on the sentiment of the southerners.
I'm no longer a fan of buhari but this thread reeks of slander and justification of crime.
You made the title appear like they were human right activist while you accepted they committed a crime not worthy of the punishment even though you deliberately failed to state the crime all through the post.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by doncaster(m): 10:14am On Jun 28, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

Do yorubas do drug?
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by doncaster(m): 10:22am On Jun 28, 2013
gbadexy: You failed to state their offense! I feel it was deliberate..
Its not deliberate I want young Nigerians to research hence find more truth about Buhari

Your post is intended to castigate buhari and prey on the sentiment of the southerners..
For saying what he did? Are you for real? So if I say pdp is evil I am preying on the sentiment of Nigerians?

I'm no longer a fan of buhari but this thread reeks of slander and justification of crime
Not at all, crime should be punished but you don't catch a criminal and make a law instant. Remember their crime was committed before the decree so it should not be applied to their case.

You made the title appear like they were human right activist while you accepted they committed a crime not worthy of the punishment even though you deliberately failed to state the crime all through the post.
Let be not believe that your assumption is that its only when a human right activist is excuted that we should speak out.
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 28, 2013
Buhari himself was even a criminal as at then!

All coup plotters are criminals and that is why they are executed if the coup fails.

Nigerians are hypocrites, else the likes of Buhari should be in jail till now.

emm, @OP;
What else do you expect from one so hungry for blood?
He has even promised enough blood in 2015 if he looses the election!
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 28, 2013
gbadexy: You failed to state their offense! I feel it was deliberate.
Your post is intended to castigate buhari and prey on the sentiment of the southerners.
I'm no longer a fan of buhari but this thread reeks of slander and justification of crime.

It was drug trafficking!
The punishment was prison.

these fellows were already caught, already jailed and serving in prison.

Buhari came and changed it to death penalty and back dated it and then had them executed!
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 28, 2013
mikolo80: ASK URSELF. DID THEY OR DID THEY NOT COMMIT THE CRIME. WAS THERE OR WAS THERE NOT A DECREASE IN CRIME RATE AFTER THE TREATING OF FUC.K UP

Easy bro.

Yes they were caught with drugs, but the punishment then was prison and not death!
Buhari put death penalty and killed them.

Think of this, the penalty for traffic offence is a fine of N3,000.00, you committed a traffic offence, you paid N3,000.00 and went home.

Six months later, a criminal gang of military officers took over power, and said penalty is now confiscation of the car. so you are arrested again and your car is confiscated. What do you think?

Buahri is a murderer!

1 Like

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by mikolo80: 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
noblezone:

Easy bro.

Yes they were caught with drugs, but the punishment then was prison and not death!
Buhari put death penalty and killed them.

Think of this, the penalty for traffic offence is a fine of N3,000.00, you committed a traffic offence, you paid N3,000.00 and went home.

Six months later, a criminal gang of military officers took over power, and said penalty is now confiscation of the car. so you are arrested again and your car is confiscated. What do you think?

Buahri is a murderer!
i understand what you're saying and yes its his mistake but when you sell life threatening drugs under a military regime you should know that rule of law don't really count .ask colombia dem.yes it was legally wrong for buhari but we are talking about a country where soldiers slap civilians and sack whole villages and you guys are supporting the drug sellers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by mikolo80: 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2014
doncaster: You don't hold somebody at hand and make a law/decree. leaching criminals at sight/burningthem will reduce crime rate as well
see we're on the same page
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 03, 2014
mikolo80: i understand what you're saying and yes its his mistake but when you sell life threatening drugs under a military regime you should know that rule of law don't really count .ask colombia dem.yes it was legally wrong for buhari but we are talking about a country where soldiers slap civilians and sack whole villages and you guys are supporting the drug sellers

you are getting it wrong sir.
I for one can never support drug dealers!

And premeditated murder cannot equally be excused. You call that a mistake? No sir, it was not a mistake, it was a delibrate act of brutality by a blood thirsty tyrant.

After so many years, Buhari has not yet changed. Rather than show case what he has to offer Nigerians, his speeches are coloured with threats upon threats.

Enough!
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by doncaster(m): 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
Who resurrected my thread?
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by texaco1: 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
They should have been allowed to finish their sentence. I watched their execution then on tv, handsome boys and good looking men. Well let's hope nigeria never have a ruthless blood thirsty leader as buhari again

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by mikolo80: 2:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
noblezone:

you are getting it wrong sir.
I for one can never support drug dealers!

And premeditated murder cannot equally be excused. You call that a mistake? No sir, it was not a mistake, it was a delibrate act of brutality by a blood thirsty tyrant.

After so many years, Buhari has not yet changed. Rather than show case what he has to offer Nigerians, his speeches are coloured with threats upon threats.

Enough!
ok ok ok lets agree to disagree. I'm voting for him, you vote for jonathan and we both live with the consequences k boss.i just thing desperate situatiin call for desperate measures

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by simpleseyi: 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
doncaster: I could remember vividly what happened to these three young men execution by the gap toothed General for an offence not worthy for a 3 years jail term. To put it quite plainly, one of those three Ogedengbe – was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed...(WS). The execution of that youthful innocent for so he

The criminals were executed for drug trafficking. It is obvious that drug trafficking thrive in your own blood too. Go on continue drug trafficking, what happened to the three criminals is awaiting you.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by tomakint: 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
texaco1: They should have been allowed to finish their sentence. I watched their execution then on tv, handsome boys and good looking men. Well let's hope nigeria never have a ruthless blood thirsty leader as buhari again
I can never forget that day my brother, right there on LTV 8.00pm News I watched the recap as those guys were tied to the stake and fired upon while Ojuolape's 72-year old mother went wild with emotion. Buhari is cursed to be a perennial loser. Bawo ni?

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by texaco1: 3:32am On Jul 04, 2014
tomakint:
I can never forget that day my brother, right there on LTV 8.00pm News I watched the recap as those guys were tied to the stake and fired upon while Ojuolape's 72-year old mother went wild with emotion. Buhari is cursed to be a perennial loser. Bawo ni?
my brother ,I dey o. How is everything going? I don't tthink nigeria needs buhari or anyone like him as a leader anymore , friends of such a bloodthirsty person like that must also not be allowed to govern this great country called nigeria
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by naijaking1: 4:53am On Jul 04, 2014
simpleseyi:

The criminals were executed for drug trafficking. It is obvious that drug trafficking thrive in your own blood too. Go on continue drug trafficking, what happened to the three criminals is awaiting you.

Maybe you don't know Buhari is much hated . He made a law about drug trafficking, then back dated it in order to snag people who did not go out of their way to disobey his law. It's not that anybody supported drug trafficking, it was because Buhari for some reason wanted to consumn these 3 youngsters life for publicity sake.

3 Likes

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by simpleseyi: 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
naijaking1:

Maybe you don't know Buhari is much hated . He made a law about drug trafficking, then back dated it in order to snag people who did not go out of their way to disobey his law. It's not that anybody supported drug trafficking, it was because Buhari for some reason wanted to consumn these 3 youngsters life for publicity sake.

So, before the Buhari law, drug trafficking was legal and lawful?
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by eposho: 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
noblezone:

It was drug trafficking!
The punishment was prison.

these fellows were already caught, already jailed and serving in prison.

Buhari came and changed it to death penalty and back dated it and then had them executed!
Yes about the two but ojuolape wasn't.
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by delpee(f): 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
A retroactive law that carries a death sentence is most unfair. Most people were not happy about it then even though they didnt support drug traficking. Some believe that its one of the things that led to a counter coup.
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by eposho: 11:04pm On Jul 04, 2014
[quote author=delpee]A retroactive law that carries a death sentence is most unfair. Most people were not happy about it then even though they didnt support drug traficking. Some believe that its one of the things that led to a counter coup.[/quote
You are right there, counter coup by the real drug baron.I.b.b.
Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by mikolo80: 11:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
Its like we are not tired of incompetence mediocrity criminality and suffering.an6thou voting soft handed ppl and see whether nigeria will develop in your lifetime

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by olapluto(m): 11:43pm On Jul 04, 2014
I personally will be happy for Buhari to bring a law in to allow death penalty for corrupt public office holders. By the time we hang Bode George, Anenih, Akala, Gbenga Daniel, Alams, and the rest of them, Nigerian youths can start to get brighter hopes for future.
Also include some lecturers, doctors, nurses, secretaries on life imprisonment.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by doctokwus: 11:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
A Buhari anyday,anytime is 100x better than a GEJ.If buhari is not on d ballot dat day and Gej is,I rather not cast any vote than av my conscience perpetually pricked by d thought that I participated in perpetuation of d most incompetent being to rule nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Remembering Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) Bartholomew Owoh. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
mikolo80: ok ok ok lets agree to disagree. I'm voting for him, you vote for jonathan and we both live with the consequences k boss.i just thing desperate situatiin call for desperate measures

when the time comes we shall do all we can to make sure Buhari does not smell that seat.

If Buhari is the only alternative you have against Jonathan, then too bad.

It is as simple as that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Humanitarian Workers Withdraw From IDPs Camp In Maiduguri / Lecturers Endorse Buhari, Say Atiku Part Of Nigeria’s Problems. / Chukwuma Soludo Is Living Large - Says Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.