Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? (1361 Views)

Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf / Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? / How Many Children Will You Love To Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 28, 2013
Just
curiosity here!

I dont get to understand what exactly are the benefits of giving birth
to many children. Let's forget about the biblical quote of 'be fruitful
and multiply' here because in a situation where you produce children and
can't give them good life economically and otherwise, it's wrong. May
be there is something am missing here. To me, two children or at most
three is perfectly ok for a family. It's more annoying when you see an
ordinary bricklayer or okada man living in just one room inhabiting 7-8
children with none having no obvious source of income and tomorrow the
children out of parental frustration becomes nuisance in our society.
Obama has just two daughters as rich as as he's. Many prominent people
have just two or three. May be there are the poor ones are knowing abt
having many children which the rich do not know.

That's why am here! Pls tell me.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 28, 2013
Benefits? errrrrmmm!
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by eagleeye2: 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
benefits include some of them being, but not limited to these;
Football Stars (even na to dey carry the bags of the real stars)
Actors/Actress(even na waka pass dem do)
Politicians (even if na Political thugs)
Fashion designers (AKA tailors, you no need to pay anybody to sew cloth)
Engineers (even na mechanic or road side electricians)
Runs babes(AKA prosti***)
Business men (A wide range of businesses, highway robbery, yahoo-yahoo, pick pockets, etc )

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
[quote author=Suretrends]Benefits? errrrrmmm! [Yes, benefits. That's what i want]
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by baby124: 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
None that I can think of in this day and age. It is even cheaper to hire farm hands than using your kids as farm hands, that is if the excuse is still the need for farm labour. The cost vs benefits of using one's child for such these days is not worth it.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by Lilimax(f): 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
There are no benefits so to say rather a lot of people end up
having so many children when they are trying to give birth to a particular sex of child.
I know of a woman that gave birth to seven children just because she wanted a baby girl.
She currently does not finds it easy taking care of these children. Quite pathetic.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
RedBenson: Just
curiosity here!

I dont get to understand what exactly are the benefits of giving birth
to many children. Let's forget about the biblical quote of 'be fruitful
and multiply' here because in a situation where you produce children and
can't give them good life economically and otherwise, it's wrong. May
be there is something am missing here. To me, two children or at most
three is perfectly ok for a family.
It's more annoying when you see an
ordinary bricklayer or okada man living in just one room inhabiting 7-8
children with none having no obvious source of income and tomorrow the
children out of parental frustration becomes nuisance in our society.
Obama has just two daughters as rich as as he's. Many prominent people
have just two or three. May be there are the poor ones are knowing abt
having many children which the rich do not know.

That's why am here! Pls tell me.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by EfemenaXY: 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
Benefits?

You're never alone. You'll always have someone to talk to, play the odd board game with and you certainly won't ever have to hear your floorboards creek eerily wondering if Casper the ghost is up to his usual pranks. grin cheesy

Jokes aside, you'll never be short of company, moreso if you live in the west. (well, at least before they 'fly' the nest...)

Oh, and your home would be a hub of activity, never lacking in action such as fights, quarrels, making up, etc - especially at Christmas time when everyone gets together. Ahhhhh.....I love large families oh! smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by kreamidiva(f): 2:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
One of the benefits includes travelling all over the world visiting ur grand children. wink
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
Aluta, i didnt understnd u o. Did u mean "WE" 'll have more than three?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
eagle,eye:
benefits include some of them being, but not limited to these;
Football Stars (even na to dey carry the bags of the real stars)
Actors/Actress(even na waka pass dem do)
Politicians (even if na Political thugs)
Fashion designers (AKA tailors, you no need to pay anybody to sew cloth)
Engineers (even na mechanic or road side electricians)
Runs babes(AKA prosti***)
Business men (A wide range of businesses, highway robbery, yahoo-yahoo, pick pockets, etc )
Funny!
But u no finish am
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
RedBenson: Aluta, i didnt understnd u o. Did u mean "WE" 'll have more than three?

Just 2. cool
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dear let's make it just 3? Is not much even though economy is harsh?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 29, 2013
I asked a market woman who makes meagre amount of money from the vegetable she sells and the husband is a janitor in a primary school who earns 1o,ooo naira why she has 9 kids.even people that can afford to take care of 5okis at a go and put them in the best schools still have 2 or 3 and she was like my dear its God that takes care of children.after pressurizing her on why she has 9 kids she said you know say we no be like you 'alakowes' wey get retirement money when e old,as i born plenty children na,if one no take care of me when i old the other go do.na just probability say out of 9,5 or 6 go take care of me and i nor know the one wey go take care of me so let me just struggle to raise them.as you dey see them,na my future investment them be.i said who told you educated people are relying on retirement money.we get government? Government wey mo dey pay,anybody wey dey plan to depend on government money when e grow old,na one chance e dey.anyway since you like am,dey carry your cross dey go
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by EfemenaXY: 7:28am On Jun 29, 2013
kulyie: I asked a market woman who makes meagre amount of money from the vegetable she sells and the husband is a janitor in a primary school who earns 1o,ooo naira why she has 9 kids.even people that can afford to take care of 5okis at a go and put them in the best schools still have 2 or 3 and she was like my dear its God that takes care of children.after pressurizing her on why she has 9 kids she said you know say we no be like you 'alakowes' wey get retirement money when e old,as i born plenty children na,if one no take care of me when i old the other go do. na just probability say out of 9,5 or 6 go take care of me and i nor know the one wey go take care of me so let me just struggle to raise them.as you dey see them,na my future investment them be. i said who told you educated people are relying on retirement money.we get government? Government wey mo dey pay,anybody wey dey plan to depend on government money when e grow old,na one chance e dey.anyway since you like am,dey carry your cross dey go

Madness, redefined. embarassed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by damiso(f): 8:48am On Jun 29, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Madness, redefined. embarassed lipsrsealed
That is the mindset of a typical illiterate Nigerian .Not even Nigeria alone sef lets say of most 3rd world countries. Children are a retirement plan. Its not a bad concept in itself aa ee should indeed take care of our parents .But its flawed in the sense that it further encourage s poverty.Being responsible for other people is by no means cheap so if you can barely feed yourself how much more 9. Except in cases of extreme brilliance or lets say talent whereby one or two can help lift out the family from poverty, unfortunately the poverty cycle just continues.

On a lighter note if they could afford the kids,thats a good game of probability you havr there grin grin.Is true naa no be rockey science say at least one or two out of 9 go do am.For people like us wey be 3 its possible say all the three no go do grin grin
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by tbaba1234: 9:20am On Jun 29, 2013
I like big families, I have five siblings myself.

Once you have the resources, I don't see why not? Just space them properly.

My fondest memories as a child were the games, I played with my siblings. Plenty activity, fights, etc.

One vote for big families.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by EfemenaXY: 9:22am On Jun 29, 2013
damiso:
That is the mindset of a typical illiterate Nigerian .Not even Nigeria alone sef lets say of most 3rd world countries. Children are a retirement plan. Its not a bad concept in itself aa ee should indeed take care of our parents .But its flawed in the sense that it further encourage s poverty.Being responsible for other people is by no means cheap so if you can barely feed yourself how much more 9. Except in cases of extreme brilliance or lets say talent whereby one or two can help lift out the family from poverty, unfortunately the poverty cycle just continues.

On a lighter note if they could afford the kids,thats a good game of probability you havr there grin grin.Is true naa no be rockey science say at least one or two out of 9 go do am.For people like us wey be 3 its possible say all the three no go do grin grin

True that.

But many of these kids grow up detesting their parents for bringing them into a world of abject poverty...

9+ kids for goodness sake! Most times, it's the parents woman looking for a particular sex, but reading this stuff about the lady here using them as her future investment...abeg, that takes the biscuit.

Don't get me wrong oh! I still do love big families BUT only families where the kids are adequately taken care of.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 29, 2013
Most times in life, d impact investment on children by parents r d impact they (the parents) wil likely reap. Having 9 childrn is by no way define ur guarantee of sustenance in old age. If ur childrn r not properly trained 2b economically valued,even if u have 20 childrn, sorry,none might becom anytin in life to look after u.I've seen cases of 8, 10 and 11children in thier respective families and no one was successful and can boast of 20k at a time. This is becos they lacked proper parental investment. U cant reap what u didnt sow unless u want to be a thief. I've come to understand that, parents are the primary folks with sole responsiblity to cater for thier children and give them better life. Once these people fail to oblige to thier responsibility by training their children to a certain standard capable of giving them brighter future, UNLESS GOD INTERVENES by way of talent or something, none of the children will be become anything useful in life.

IT'S POINTLESS BEARING CHILDREN U CANT TAKE CARE OF.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by EfemenaXY: 9:51am On Jun 29, 2013
RedBenson: Most times in life, d impact investment on children by parents r d impact they (the parents) wil likely reap. Having 9 childrn is by no way define ur guarantee of sustenance in old age. If ur childrn r not properly trained 2b economically valued,even if u have 20 childrn, sorry,none might becom anytin in life to look after u.I've seen cases of 8, 10 and 11children in thier respective families and no one was successful and can boast of 20k at a time. This is becos they lacked proper parental investment. U cant reap what u didnt sow unless u want to be a thief. I've come to understand that, parents are the primary folks with sole responsiblity to cater for thier children and give them better life. Once these people fail to oblige to thier responsibility by training their children to a certain standard capable of giving them brighter future, UNLESS GOD INTERVENES by way of talent or something, none of the children will be become anything useful in life.

IT'S POINTLESS BEARING CHILDREN U CANT TAKE CARE OF.

Nicely put.

Additionally, children are indeed a blessing and we owe it to them to make their journey on earth as comfortable as possible by training, guiding and showing them love. They never asked to be born, so they shouldn't be made out to be a burden to the parents.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by tintingz(m): 10:22am On Jun 29, 2013
Having 1 or 2 kids is kinda of boring to me cuz i was brought up into a large family i mean many siblings lol. . .we gist, chat, fight, assist each other etc smiley

It is very fun and no dull moment in the house...i will like to have 5-6 kids i wanna see them playing around, going to school and calling daddy daddy, infact when they grow older they will surely take good care of me and their mother smiley

One of my aunt had only two kids, everytime i visit the house always get boring cuz the two kids dont really chat with each other nor play...their mother dont even have time for them nor the father...always busy at work, i will say if she had like 4-5 kids she wont be taking her time in work place

I just love seeing children playing around me cuz am use to it, growing up in a large family is the best and funsmiley maybe you should watch the movie ''cheaper by the dozen'' very funny cheesy
[img]http://1.bp..com/_nWQnG7Re4Ds/S9xAquIAp5I/AAAAAAAAAQ0/2V8hwgu5YWk/s1600/wallpaper1.jpg[/img]
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
If you can give them the best in everything, I don't see anything wrong in raising a large family.
I personally love big families, no dull moments cheesycheesy
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving Birth To Many Children? by dasparrow: 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2013
@Post

I don't like large families because I hate noise with a passion. All these people giving birth to football teams, should one parent (the bread winner) die, what happens to the well being of these kids? I want to be able to afford sending my kids to the best universities in America or Canada and I don't see that happening if I end up with a battalion of kids. I love kids, don't get me wrong but I love them enough to want a quality life for them.

When I look at Nigeria for instance, the country holds no hope for most of her youths. Is that not why we keep hearing of Nigerians going abroad and many engaging in drug trafficking and what have you. If their parents had enough money to provide for them, will they be in other countries hustling and breaking the rules of other nations? Nigeria cannot even provide her citizens with 24/7 uninterrupted electric supply and yet many of her citizens keep birthing babies like chickens thereby bringing these innocent little ones into the world to come and live in darkness, drink dirty borehole or well water, and roam the streets unemployed after NYSC.

(1) (Reply)

Wonder Child Born With A Miracletasabih Muslim Rosary In Bida / What Should This Father Do? / 14 Comics On How Much Today’s Childhood Differs From Ours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.