Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Baby Not Responsive After Convulsion Treatment - Please Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Not Responsive After Convulsion Treatment - Please Help (993 Views)

Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? / Febrile Seizure (febrile Convulsion) / Is There A Solution To A Convulsion Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Not Responsive After Convulsion Treatment - Please Help by eleven(m): 12:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
Hello House,

Good morning. Please a very close family friend of mine baby has a challenge that has been bothering them without a solution in sight yet. I am here hoping for a professional advise that can help their baby and possibly other parents in the same situation and prevention.

Please see summary of the situation below:

1. Baby is a girl child age 1 year, 6 months

2. Some months back, baby had convulsion and was quickly taken to a private hospital within their location, the hospital treated the baby and later referred the baby to LUTH

3. The baby was hospitalised for some weeks and later discharged

4. Since discharging the baby from hospital, she has not been responsive, a once strong, walking, bubbling and happy child before the incident can longer walk, hear and the parents fear she cannot see too.

5. Ever since its has been from hospital to hospital, church to mosque, to traditional treatments - no results

Please doctors in the house what could have caused this? What possible solution can be taken to resolve this? How can this be prevented?
Re: Baby Not Responsive After Convulsion Treatment - Please Help by doctokwus: 5:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
Tough one.The difficulties u mentioned d child is now having cud b as a result of d complications of d convulsion episodes.But a step to hep further is knowing whc drugs d baby was treated with,because in a few instances,particularly wen given in overdose,quinine,if it was used, has bn noted to cause disturbances in hearing& rarely vision.But d ironic thing is dat d same quinine is a first line drug in diagnosed cases of severe malaria whc some doctors wud always treat wen there is a sign of convulsion,particularly wt fever.I suggest d child shd b more properly evaluated by a doctor,with a thorough history given by d parents of d child from birth till d treatment thus far received
Re: Baby Not Responsive After Convulsion Treatment - Please Help by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
The baby may have permanent neurological damage due to convulsion and its cause. It is better service of paediatric neurologist and pray to God.
Re: Baby Not Responsive After Convulsion Treatment - Please Help by eleven(m): 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
@All

Thanks for your response. I don't have the exact details of the drugs administered on the baby but as at today, the parents were told to go and do CT scan, ear scan and eye scan. Also gotten appointment in general hospital mother & child section for Monday. Will try and get the father to sign up to Nairaland so he can follow up and provide exact details.

I am a medical illiterate but I strongly believe there is a permanent solution somewhere. Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: Baby Not Responsive After Convulsion Treatment - Please Help by 1bunne4lif(m): 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
eleven: @All

Thanks for your response. I don't have the exact details of the drugs administered on the baby but as at today, the parents were told to go and do CT scan, ear scan and eye scan. Also gotten appointment in general hospital mother & child section for Monday. Will try and get the father to sign up to Nairaland so he can follow up and provide exact details.

I am a medical illiterate but I strongly believe there is a permanent solution somewhere. Thanks. I appreciate.
if the baby is upto 5 or 6 months old, i'll advice they administer albendazole suspension (tanzole). 5 ml
Re: Baby Not Responsive After Convulsion Treatment - Please Help by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 30, 2013
Are u sure of what u a saying? Do not mislead novice.
1bunne4lif: if the baby is upto 5 or 6 months old, i'll advice they administer albendazole suspension (tanzole). 5 ml

(1) (Reply)

See Woman With Feet Facing Backwards / Mother Gives Birth To Joined Twins In Benue (pics) / NMA Industrial Action, the bone of contention and the way forward.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.