Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

My Open Forex Trade Journal - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Open Forex Trade Journal (3456 Views)

Forex Trading - Season 13 / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 8 / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
Hello
I have been trading Forex for a while now, and finally have a trading system I am most comfortable with.

I have been trying it out and would be posting the results and screenshots for personal reasons,
which is to Train myself to trade more responsibly, knowing someone might be watching/following.

My trading system is purely technical on the 4hr timeframe, with focus on the majors (EUR/USD,USD/CAD,AUD/USD + USD/JPY)

Will start posting on Monday 1st of June.

Feel free to subscribe/follow, it would help.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by eudoh940(m): 8:59am On Jun 29, 2013
lipsrsealed ;D1st to comment
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by eudoh940(m): 9:00am On Jun 29, 2013
so hw e go b na
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 10:01am On Jun 29, 2013
eudoh940: so hw e go b na
Posting starts on Monday July 1st.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Tonjeola1(m): 10:05am On Jun 29, 2013
following...
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 10:21am On Jun 29, 2013
Tonjeola1: following...
Thanks
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 12:08am On Jul 01, 2013
Hello great people.

Its the 1st hour of the month of July, the market just opened and I'm feeling good about the month. hope you guys are too.

According to my charts, there is no entry setup building up, so i just have to be "patient" and wait for the best possible entry setup.

PAIRS: EURUSD,AUDUSD,USDCAD,USDJPY
TIMEFRAME: H4
R TO R RATIO: 1:1 or 1:2
SYSTEM: SUPPLY&DEMAND PRICE ACTION

All published profit will be PIP based.

Thanks to all those already following,
Keep watch and see how i perform.

Thanks

motto: Small loses are working together for my big profit
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2013
Watching EURUSD and USDCAD.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by wisemanj(m): 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2013
following.... Pls can u help me with a video package on forex wisedom4us@gmail.com thank
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2013
wisemanj: following.... Pls can u help me with a video package on forex wisedom4us@gmail.com thank
Well, I have just a few on certain strategies. But you can get videos on youtube on different topics and strategies. And if you want to download any video just goto savefrom.net. I'll try send you some ebooks though.

Thanks for following
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
No entry signal yet, still patiently waiting......
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by wisemanj(m): 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
sammybrainy:
Well, I have just a few on certain strategies. But you can get videos on youtube on different topics and strategies. And if you want to download any video just goto savefrom.net. I'll try send you some ebooks though.

Thanks for following
thanks i m waitin
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2013
i noticed most of the pairs are consolidating... why are you not trading NZU/USD, it seems always volitile...? safe bro.. am on demo waiting for a breakout... and another question... can i get a list of indicators you use simultenously...?
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 3:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
Ok! finally my first trade

I bought EURJPY 130.576
Target 132.381
Stop loss 128.364
200pip target
R to R Ratio 1:1

This pair is not amongst the ones listed.
Its presently at a strong resistance level.
But it looks to break it.

Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr_Nice_Guy: i noticed most of the pairs are consolidating... why are you not trading NZU/USD, it seems always volitile...? safe bro.. am on demo waiting for a breakout... and another question... can i get a list of indicators you use simultenously...?

Ok yea, I'll keep an eye on that pair too. I currently practicing as well. Not a pro yet.
I have some indi's i can share. mail me "sammybrainy @ gmail. com".

Thanks for following
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by naira4ever(m): 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
[quote author=sammybrainy]Ok! finally my first trade

I bought EURJPY 130.576
Target 132.381
Stop loss 128.364
200pip target

/quote]

sir, if you will be taking your trades and entry off the Daily time frame, i think it is advisable you allow the day's candlestick (end of day close) to close before you place a trade in order to avoid some day trading noise except you will be considering 4hr tf as well.
Just my own thinking, not really mean to interfere pls.

Cheers.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
@naira4ever
Yes I agree, I didn't open the pair until this afternoon. I should have entered at yesterdays close,that was the breakout candle,which was about 40pips away from where entered.

And presently the JPY is very weak to the USD.

Thanks for the input.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
currently am on short EUR/JPY.. are you a swing trader?
OP... the take profit u set i believe is to high... the laast time that pair read that high was in may.. and since you are more of a technical trader, i advice you play safe....i think you need to recalculated that entry if you are on a long, cause the upward momentum on a stochastic ossilator is in the overbought zone(meaning exuasted). let me get you feedbacks.

1 Like

Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr_Nice_Guy: currently am on short EUR/JPY.. are you a swing trader?
OP... the take profit u set i believe is to high... the laast time that pair read that high was in may.. and since you are more of a technical trader, i advice you play safe....i think you need to recalculated that entry if you are on a long, cause the upward momentum on a stochastic ossilator is in the overbought zone(meaning exuasted). let me get you feedbacks.
Well, yes I like swings, but I do more of breakouts, and It broke out two days ago,gues i entered late. But the projected tp has not been hit,thats why i entered anyway.

But I would close it if the current daily candle ends as a bearish candle.
This is based on the daily timeframe.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 03, 2013
i like your mentality... many newbies will be trading with very high demo account size, and forgeting to learn the basics of money management, nice lot size also... i dont know how long you"ve been trading but i believe to should stop aiming that too high considering the fact that most of the pairs are consolidating...and your take profits should be within the range of at most 2weeks price highs.. so i was told...
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 7:46am On Jul 03, 2013
Mr_Nice_Guy: i like your mentality... many newbies will be trading with very high demo account size, and forgeting to learn the basics of money management, nice lot size also... i dont know how long you"ve been trading but i believe to should stop aiming that too high considering the fact that most of the pairs are consolidating...and your take profits should be within the range of at most 2weeks price highs.. so i was told...

Yea, I'v been on it for a year now, made some money, cashed out, got shaky and blew up my account due to me switching strategies, stoped for a while. And now I'm back and better, but still learning though.

I guese my take profit is that high because of the timeframe and strategy i'm using, H4 and Daily. Money management is a must,theres an online calculator which i use for that.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 7:58am On Jul 03, 2013
sammybrainy: Ok! finally my first trade

I bought EURJPY 130.576
Target 132.381
Stop loss 128.364
200pip target

Moving my SL to 129.530. This pair seem to be is very weak now.
R to R ratio is now 1:2
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 8:53am On Jul 03, 2013
Stop Lose has been hit
100 pips loss.

Ok, my first trade went bad. Looking out for another signal.

Current profit -100
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by naira4ever(m): 9:51am On Jul 03, 2013
sammybrainy: Stop Lose has been hit
100 pips loss.

Current profit -100

Sorry for that and hope you learned something from that.

Did you take the eur/usd sell last night on the daily tf? The pair closed bearish and totally engulfed previous day bar. It is in sell mode currently but the upcoming news from US data @ 1:15 & 1:30 today could be a catalyst to send the pair down to 1.2800 and below or higher on the other scenario.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 03, 2013
i made 227 pips on the eur/jpy pair on a short... now am going on a long this time my target is 50pips... lets go there..
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
Mr_Nice_Guy: i made 227 pips on the eur/jpy pair on a short... now am going on a long this time my target is 50pips... lets go there..

Nice one, enjoy d southward ride. I'll most definatly get back in profit soon.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
naira4ever:

Sorry for that and hope you learned something from that.

Did you take the eur/usd sell last night on the daily tf? The pair closed bearish and totally engulfed previous day bar. It is in sell mode currently but the upcoming news from US data @ 1:15 & 1:30 today could be a catalyst to send the pair down to 1.2800 and below or higher on the other scenario.

No bro I didn't. I'll keep an eye on it. If I take the trade I'll post it here
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by wisemanj(m): 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
sammybrainy: Stop Lose has been hit
100 pips loss.

Current profit -100
i sow ur mail thanks in this last trade above u stil make a profit abee
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
Just entered another trade.
EURAUD Going long
Entry 1.43062
SL 1.42480
TP 1.44049
RR 1:2

Lets see how it goes.

Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
wisemanj: i sow ur mail thanks in this last trade above u stil make a profit abee
Alright, u are welcome. That trade actually ended in a loss.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 11:45pm On Jul 03, 2013
sammybrainy: Just entered another trade.
EURAUD Going long
Entry 1.43062
SL 1.42480
TP 1.44049
RR 1:2

Lets see how it goes.

Closed at break-even point + 3pips.
I'll still keep the profit status as -100pips.

Dont expect much action from this thread, due to my strategy on high timeframe(4H&Daily)
My breakout and swing strategies gives less signals.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 12:20am On Jul 04, 2013
Current Swing Entries:
AUDUSD 0.90812 SHORT
USDCAD 0.05066 LONG
EURAUD 1.43287 LONG
USDJPY 100.087 LONG
EURJPY 130.105 LONG

No predefined takeprofit, would rely on my exit signal. Stoploss ranges between 80-100pips.

Its going to be long ride.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o / CEPSA Gas Bottles / How To Become A Major Distibutor For Nigeria Breweries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.