Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? (6052 Views)

Endtime Body Of Christ Church In Akure: What i spotted this evening(pics) / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
We have:
The Redeemed Christian Church of God
Redeemed Evangelical Church
Mountain of fire and Miracle Ministries
Living Faith Church
Deeper Life Bible Church
Christ Royal Family
Synagogue Church of All Nations
Christ Embassy
Christ Apostolic church
Christ Gospel Apostolic Church
The Apostolic Faith
Saint (...) Anglican Church
Saint (...) Catholic Church
Methodist Church of Nigeria
First Square Gospel Church
The Evangelical Church of christ

House on the Rock
Fountain of Hope church
Fountain of Life church
The Renaissance church
The order of Cherubim and Seraphim church
The Celestial Church of christ..
Jehovah Witness

...Please you can add more...

All these churches have different doctrines and for what?

Since in Colossians 3:14-16
14 And over all these virtues put on love, which
binds them all together in perfect unity. 15 Let
the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as
members of one body you were called to peace.
And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell
in you richly as you teach and admonish one
another with all wisdom, and as you sing
psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with
gratitude in your hearts to God.

but, according to these verses, its not the case with these churches. U can see that Mountain of Fire people pick on Cele, Cherubims, or even winners members.

Deeper life people call RCCG members sinners

RCCG call Deeper Life members Old school.

MFM will tell CELE members they have foundational problems that all of them are white witches, black witches or mammy-water.

CELE will tell MFM that they are not looking deeper into the philosophy of the world.

Jehovah witness call the other Christians non-believers. Normal christians call Jehovah witness people devil's tool..

And so on and on. The question is, why is the body of chirst which is the church so divided even among itself?

All the Bible scholars here, Oyah what'a say?
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by sylve11: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
They r bunch of hypocrites! Questions like these can make any sane atheist hold on to his beliefs forever. cool
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by JesusisLord85: 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
Do you know there are over 38,00 denominations globally? There are more denominations than actual bible verses.
Even in Paul's days there were divisions among the people, some said they followed Paul, others said Apollos.
What is ridiculous now is that the doctrine is so heterogeneous that one can only conclude that there will be a huge number of 'christians' who will not enter the Kingdom of God. Do not place your hope in a man. Study the word of God and draw near to God, and He shall draw near to you and reveal himself to you.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 29, 2013
@solidbroda,forget about denomination and let's talk about your relationship with Jesus. When was the last time you wept over your sins?
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2013
Bidam: @solidbroda,forget about denomination and let's talk about your relationship with Jesus. When was the last time you wept over your sins?
You see what I say about your gospel of condemnation , why would any one cry because he fell into sin. Who does not, really? You propagate self righteousness and hypocrisy, I am sure you categorise your own sins to big and small. You don't realise that the line of your thought is also a sin, no man can be good, only God. All we can do is to walk by God's spirit unto all perfection and not by any self-strength.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 29, 2013
Bidam: @solidbroda,forget about denomination and let's talk about your relationship with Jesus. When was the last time you wept over your sins?
wept? What sins. Am I a murderer or armed robber, or a serial killer or a rapist? What is this one saying? What are u trying to insinuate even by diverting from the main topic at hand. This thread is an open discussion and you place your opinions.
Not coming here and asking the most absurd question
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 7:57am On Jun 29, 2013
There are too many denominations preaching different gospels aside the one and only gospel because people have refused to understand the purpose of their call into the faith. Every pastor now pick his own gospel according to the people's lust.

A popular preacher once said 'tell me people's problem, I will bring them to church'. This is true about our contemporary churches because the sick guy goes to a healing church, the poor or greedy guy goes to a prosperity church, the single guy goes to singles church, the fun loving guy goes to a funky church. The church as become seeker sensitive, trying to remain relevant to people's demand and lust.

Is God really in all these places, no. The bible says Christ is looking for a place to rest His head, can He rest it on a selfish body? Luke 9:58. No matter their number, they go to God for their selfish reasons. Christ is in the church where the people come for the sole reason of coming to know Him and His attributes. A church where nothing mundane is mixed with his gospel, a church that is not dynamic and responsive to the issues of the world.

Any relationship that we go into for the purpose of getting for ourself is false, God can't be there. Be it our marriage, relationship with friends or relationship with God.our mind should be placed in a way that we are in the relationship to give and not to take. When you go into any relationship with the aim of giving, you shall surely get. But, when you go into a relationship for what you can get, selfishness set in, disappointment and bitterness follow- this sort of relationship is a far cry from what God wants.

Therefore, the more the problems the devil throw at us, the more the denominations we would see. The bible says the man of sin, lawlessness and perdition (apostasy) is in the church now not outside the church. The bible says he would be revealed at the coming of Christ-

2 Thessalonian 2

3 Let no one deceive or beguile you in any way, for that day will not come except the [a]apostasy comes first [unless the predicted great [b]falling away of those who have professed to be Christians has come], and the man of lawlessness (sin) is revealed, who is the son of doom (of perdition),
4 Who opposes and exalts himself so proudly and insolently against and over all that is called God or that is worshiped, [even to his actually] taking his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming that he himself is God.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:09am On Jun 29, 2013
I believe this article cracks it.

"In the early 1500s, a German monk named Martin Luther was so conscious of his sins that he spent up to six hours in the confessional. Through study of the Scriptures he found that salvation didn't come through anything he did, but simply through trusting in the finished work of the cross of Jesus Christ. He listed the contradictions between what the Scriptures said and what his church taught, and nailed his "95 Thesis" to the church door in Wittenberg, Germany.

Martin Luther became the first to "protest" against the Roman church, and thus he became the father of the Protestant church. Since that split, there have been many disagreements about how much water one should baptise with, how to sing what and why, who should govern who, etc, causing thousands of splinter groups. Many of these groups are convinced that they alone are right. These have become known as Protestant "denominations." Despite the confusion, these churches subscribe to certain foundational beliefs such as the deity, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Bible says, "The foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his (2 Timothy 2:19)
"

"Thomas Jefferson once wrote of a preacher, Richard Mote, "who "exclaimed aloud to his congregaton that he did not believe there was a Quaker, Presbyterian, Methodist or Baptist in heaven, having paused to give his hearers time to stare and to wonder. He added that, in heaven, God knew no distinctions"
- The Evidence Bible.

Therefore, don't get side tracked, false teachers are on their own. wink

Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 8:17am On Jun 29, 2013
OLAADEGBU: I believe this article cracks it.

Through study of the Scriptures he found that salvation didn't come through anything he did, but simply through trusting in the finished work of the cross of Jesus Christ.. wink

Oladegbu, was Luther right with this statement, In other words, do you believe salvation is simply by trusting God and believing the finished work at Calvary?
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:23am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

Oladegbu, was Luther right with this statement, In other words, do you believe salvation is so ply by trusting God and believing the finished work at Calvary?

Trusting and believing doesn't mean the same thing. If you are truly trusting in the finished work of Christ you will repent of your sins and have faith in Christ alone.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 8:30am On Jun 29, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Trusting and believing doesn't mean the same thing. If you are truly trusting in the finished work of Christ you will repent of your sins and have faith in Christ alone.

Can you back your statement up with the scripture pls, where it says believing and trust is repentance of sin or you can't believe without repenting.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:39am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

Can you back your statement up with the scripture pls, where it says believing and trust is repentance of sin or you can't believe without repenting.

Do you understand the distinction James was making when he said faith is dead without works?

"Even so faith, if it has not works, is dead, being alone" (James 2:17) The Evidence Bible.

Let's consider two types of faith. It was reported that a Christian farmer in western Kansas felt sure that God spoke to him to give his $40,000 hail insurance to missions. So, in faith he gave the money, trusting that God would protect his crop. Sure enough, the hail came and severely damaged all his neighbours crops, but not his.

The other case was a well known story about a brilliant tightrope artist named Blondin, who pushed a wheelbarrow across Niagara Falls. After he had walked to the other side, the crowd roared with applause at his amazing feat.

He asked a small boy in the crowd if he believed that Blondin could walk back. The boy said, Yes, sir! He then asked if the boy thought he could do it with him in the wheelbarrow. The boy said he believed he could do it, to which the famous tightrope walker said,

"Good! Jump in then and I will take you!" The boy would not get in.

Now compare the faith of the farmer who was sure he heard from God that he was prepared to step out and the faith of the boy who wasn't prepared to step out, and get in. You see that many sincere folks have a measure of faith in Jesus, but they have never trusted in Him. In that sense, their faith, because it doesn't have works with it, is dead.

"Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance"
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 8:44am On Jun 29, 2013
Do you understand what Paul told Peter (cephas)' James and John
Gal 2
8 For He Who motivated and fitted Peter and worked effectively through him for the mission to the circumcised, motivated and fitted me and worked through me also for [the mission to] the Gentiles.
9 And when they knew (perceived, recognized, understood, and acknowledged) the grace (God’s unmerited favor and spiritual blessing) that had been bestowed upon me, James and Cephas (Peter) and John, who were reputed to be pillars of the Jerusalem church, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, with the understanding that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised (Jews).

This is a part that causes so many division in the body. We do not actually know what is written to us and what is written for our information thus we bring everything together causing confusion.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:56am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi: Do you understand what Paul told Peter (cephas)' James and John
Gal 2
8 For He Who motivated and fitted Peter and worked effectively through him for the mission to the circumcised, motivated and fitted me and worked through me also for [the mission to] the Gentiles.
9 And when they knew (perceived, recognized, understood, and acknowledged) the grace (God’s unmerited favor and spiritual blessing) that had been bestowed upon me, James and Cephas (Peter) and John, who were reputed to be pillars of the Jerusalem church, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, with the understanding that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised (Jews).

This is a part that causes so many division in the body. We do not actually know what is written to us and what is written for our information thus we bring everything together causing confusion.

God used Peter to preach to Cornelius after he received a vision from God before Paul received his calling and what was the outcome? The brethren who heard Peter's narration of the move of God in Caesarea:

"held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then has God also to the Gentiles granted repentance to life"
(Acts 11:18).

If you do not believe in this fundamental teaching of repentance then you are on your own as the picture above depicts.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 9:09am On Jun 29, 2013
As usual, you avoided my question, I asked what do you understand by that verse? SIMPLE
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 9:15am On Jun 29, 2013
I will show you another verse, please answer these questions, you can never know who is reading. Your response according to scriptures might help, so please don't leave the questions unanswered-
Ephesians 2
11 Therefore, remember that at one time you were Gentiles (heathens) in the flesh, called Uncircumcision by those who called themselves Circumcision, [itself a [e]mere mark] in the flesh made by human hands.
12 [Remember] that you were at that time separated (living apart) from Christ [excluded from all part in Him], utterly estranged and outlawed from the rights of Israel as a nation, and strangers with no share in the sacred compacts of the [Messianic] promise [with no knowledge of or right in God’s agreements, His covenants]. And you had no hope (no promise); you were in the world without God.

What do you think this verse is saying?
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 9:21am On Jun 29, 2013
The mistake Christians make is thinking everything that happened before the death of Christ is Christianity hence we get confused about the faith. It becomes a religion, Christianity is not a religion, it will never be.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:
You see what I say about your gospel of condemnation , why would any one cry because he fell into sin. Who does not, really? You propagate self righteousness and hypocrisy, I am sure you categorise your own sins to big and small. You don't realise that the line of your thought is also a sin, no man can be good, only God. All we can do is to walk by God's spirit unto all perfection and not by any self-strength.
There is no big or small sin. sin is sin. This is not a gospel of condemnation..since my statements in this forum always makes you guilty and fidgety,then maybe you need to repent and believe the true gospel, not this false one you are propagating.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 29, 2013
solidbroda: wept? What sins. Am I a murderer or armed robber, or a serial killer or a rapist? What is this one saying? What are u trying to insinuate even by diverting from the main topic at hand. This thread is an open discussion and you place your opinions.
Not coming here and asking the most absurd question
Even if you are all these items you listed.Jesus loves you and died for your sins.You don't need denominations to be saved.You need Jesus to be saved.I think my point is clear.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 9:32am On Jun 29, 2013
Bidam: There is no big or small sin. sin is sin. This is not a gospel of condemnation..since my statements in this forum always makes you guilty and fidgety,then maybe you need to repent and believe the true gospel, not this false one you are propagating.

I charge you to put the gospel you propagate forward, if it will be inline with what we have in the scripture. Start by telling me if you fall in to sin or not, don't forget to tell me how many times you cry when you fall as well.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

I charge you to put the gospel you propagate forward, if it will be inline with what we have in the scripture. Start by telling me if you fall in to sin or not, don't forget to tell me how many times you cry when you fall as well.
Do you believe there is only ONE GOSPEL not two? There is only one way to the Father and that is through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.Jesus says "I AM the way the truth and the life". The Gospel Paul preached is still the same gospel of Jesus that the apostles preached, NOT another Gospel,and it is the gospel of true repentance cos all including bidam have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Hear what your paul says here in :2 Corinthians 7:9–10
Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Here Paul is categorically telling you shdemidemi that repentance is an OUTCOME of sorrow and not vice versa

Peter even was bold to expatiate further(though you don't like peter but i will quote him anyway).

Acts 3:19

19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

You can see, the order is actually this:
1) First, sorrow
2) Then, repentance
3) Finally, a changed life
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 10:16am On Jun 29, 2013
Bidam: Do you believe there is only ONE GOSPEL not two? There is only one way to the Father and that is through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.Jesus says "I AM the way the truth and the life". The Gospel Paul preached is still the same gospel of Jesus that the apostles preached, NOT another Gospel,and it is the gospel of true repentance cos all including bidam have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Hear what your paul says here in :2 Corinthians 7:9–10
Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Here Paul is categorically telling you shdemidemi that repentance is an OUTCOME of sorrow and not vice versa

Peter even was bold to expatiate further(though you don't like peter but i will quote him anyway).

Acts 3:19

19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

You can see, the order is actually this:
1) First, sorrow
2) Then, repentance
3) Finally, a changed life

You see two sorrows there, 1 godly and the other worldly. I will leave that for now.

I will ask you a question, hopefully you won't flee like oladegbu.
Gal 2
7 But on the contrary, when they [really] saw that I had been entrusted [to carry] the Gospel to the uncircumcised [Gentiles, just as definitely] as Peter had been entrusted [to proclaim] the Gospel to the circumcised [Jews, they were agreeable];

What do you understand from this scripture pls
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by alexleo(m): 10:16am On Jun 29, 2013
Bidam: There is no big or small sin. sin is sin. This is not a gospel of condemnation..since my statements in this forum always makes you guilty and fidgety,then maybe you need to repent and believe the true gospel, not this false one you are propagating.

My dear I don't understand this guy and his so called gospel o. Your words are truly heavy for him and I join you to advice him to seek for true repentance.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2013
alexleo:

My dear I don't understand this guy and his so called gospel o. Your words are truly heavy for him and I join you to advice him to seek for true repentance.

You jump at the wagon without addressing the scripture, why attack me bro. Attack what the scripture says. I understand how it feels when someone suddenly show you facts that you might have been wrong all your life.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

You see two sorrows there, 1 godly and the other worldly. I will leave that for now.
We are not after the negatives here but the positives except ofcos you want to go the way of Judas Iscariot who had that worldly sorrow after betraying our Lord Jesus Christ for 30 pieces of silver.Peter had a godly when he denied our Lord and saviour 3 times. Note the difference between "godly sorrow" and "worldly sorrow"...

a. "Worldly sorrow" is a SELFISH kind of sorrow
1) E.g., when one is sorry because HE got caught
2) E.g., when one is sorry because what one did made HIM
look bad
-- In "worldly sorrow", one is more concerned about SELF!
b. "Godly sorrow" is sorrow directed toward GOD ("godly" is
lit. "according to God"wink
1) I.e., one is sorry because their actions are sins
against a Holy God -cf. Ps 51:4
2) Also, one is sorry for the price GOD must pay to have
our sins removed
-- In "godly sorrow", one is more concerned with GOD than
self!
3. Some more differences...
a. "Worldly sorrow" produces regret; "godly sorrow" suffers
loss in nothing
b. "Worldly sorrow" produces death; "godly sorrow" produces
repentance to salvation

I will ask you a question, hopefully you won't flee like oladegbu.
Gal 2
7 But on the contrary, when they [really] saw that I had been entrusted [to carry] the Gospel to the uncircumcised [Gentiles, just as definitely] as Peter had been entrusted [to proclaim] the Gospel to the circumcised [Jews, they were agreeable];

What do you understand from this scripture pls
Again you are missing the whole point here,this is not talking about TWO gospels.The gospel Paul communicated privately to James, Peter and John etc. in the Jerusalem church was the same gospel Peter and the other preached to the Jews - the gospel of grace. It simply means that God had delegated to Paul the responsibility of taking the gospel of grace to the Gentiles, and to Peter, the responsibility of taking it to the Jews. (see Acts 15:1-12). This proved Paul's equality with the apostles at Jerusalem; that he was recognized by them in his apostolic authority. Paul's fear that those in authority in the Jerusalem church might thwart his past and present efforts to establish a church free of all old covenant ceremonial rituals was groundless.

The apostles together with the elders and the entire Jerusalem church agreed with his gospel completely and prohibited the Jewish Christians from trying to impose the law of Moses upon the Gentiles (see Galatians 2:2 with Acts 15:22-31).

Paul's meeting with the apostles in the Jerusalem church was a milestone in Christianity. It resolved the doctrine of salvation by grace through faith alone. Until the question of Gentile circumcision was settled here, many Jewish Christians believed that Gentile converts had to be circumcised like them and keep the Law of Moses, as well as believe in Jesus to be saved (see Ac 15:1-2).
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 11:23am On Jun 29, 2013
^^^^ I want to assume you are right, what then happens after this

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud cry of summons, with the shout of an archangel, and with the blast of the trumpet of God. And those who have departed this life in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we, the living ones who remain [on the earth], shall simultaneously be caught up along with [the resurrected dead] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so always (through the eternity of the eternities) we shall be with the Lord!

According to the revelation giving to Paul by Christ, Paul described how the church will be caught up with Christ according to his gospel...after these things happen, what next please. Considering the fact that we still have tribulation times ahead in the scripture.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by JesusisLord85: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2013
Why do you people bother engaging shdemidemi in debate? He teaches lawlessness. Sounds harsh but there is no other word for his central belief.
I read a post of this man's and in it, he suggests that all you need is to 'believe' and you are eternally saved. Then he will give you one or two irrelevant passage and finish with a random closed question. The hallmarks of a false teacher. Half truths. Secondly, he teaches that there are two gospels, one for Jews, and another for gentiles. Not realising that when you repent and are "grafted into the olive tree" you are no longer a gentile, for the word gentile suggests one is not in covenant. Sheesh! The word gentile-christian is an oxymoron.

'Belief' is not some carnal feeling, you prove your faith in your works.
James 2:18 "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works."
James 2:19 "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

1 Corinthians 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"

All have sinned. What differentiates a Christian’s life from that of a non-Christian is the struggle against sin and the ability to overcome it. A true Christian will always repent, will always eventually return to God, and will always resume the struggle against sin. But the Bible gives no support for the idea that a person who perpetually and unrepentantly engages in sin can indeed be a Christian. The 1 Corinthians passage lists sins that, if indulged in continuously, identify a person as not being redeemed by Christ.

But I can guarantee our friend here will take it and twist it and shove it down the throat of some poor ignorant creature.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^ I want to assume you are right, what then happens after this

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud cry of summons, with the shout of an archangel, and with the blast of the trumpet of God. And those who have departed this life in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we, the living ones who remain [on the earth], shall simultaneously be caught up along with [the resurrected dead] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so always (through the eternity of the eternities) we shall be with the Lord!

According to the revelation giving to Paul by Christ, Paul described how the church will be caught up with Christ according to his gospel...after these things happen, what next please. Considering the fact that we still have tribulation times ahead.
Are you now shifting the goal post? I have already told you my views concerning pretribulation,when you posed the question in another thread.This is turning into a question and answer sessions all over again.SMH!!
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 29, 2013
JesusisLord85: Why do you people bother engaging shdemidemi in debate? He teaches lawlessness. Sounds harsh but there is no other word for his central belief.
I read a post of this man's and in it, he suggests that all you need is to 'believe' and you are eternally saved. Then he will give you one or two irrelevant passage and finish with a random closed question. The hallmarks of a false teacher. Half truths. Secondly, he teaches that there are two gospels, one for Jews, and another for gentiles. Not realising that when you repent and are "grafted into the olive tree" you are no longer a gentile, for the word gentile suggests one is not in covenant. Sheesh! The word gentile-christian is an oxymoron.

'Belief' is not some carnal feeling, you prove your faith in your works.
James 2:18 "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works."
James 2:19 "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

1 Corinthians 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"

All have sinned. What differentiates a Christian’s life from that of a non-Christian is the struggle against sin and the ability to overcome it. A true Christian will always repent, will always eventually return to God, and will always resume the struggle against sin. But the Bible gives no support for the idea that a person who perpetually and unrepentantly engages in sin can indeed be a Christian. The 1 Corinthians passage lists sins that, if indulged in continuously, identify a person as not being redeemed by Christ.

But I can guarantee our friend here will take it and twist it and shove it down the throat of some poor ignorant creature.
And this is where the power of grace to overcome sin comes in.It is not by our own righteousness.I have been telling shdemidemi times without number that both jews and gentiles are the same before God since we are all descendants of Adam.The Christ of the Jews is the same Christ of the Gentiles.Sanctification and holiness once we accept the atoning sacrifice of Christ is both immediate and progressive,but this guy would never listen.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 11:52am On Jun 29, 2013
Bidam: Are you now shifting the goal post? I have already told you my views concerning pretribulation,when you posed the question in another thread.This is turning into a question and answer sessions all over again.SMH!!

My brother, if you are not fully baked in the things of God, what makes you think you are qualified to teach or tell others what is right to do. You answered the initial question saying the apostles taught the same thing. I have shown you the end of the gospel of grace to Gentiles/church where Christ would come get the church, you would agree with me that, that is not the end of the world yet cos there is still tribulation time where people would work to be saved.

Does that give you a picture of the difference in messages to the church(grace through Christ) and the message to Jewish believers(works through Christ )?
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by shdemidemi(m): 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
Bidam: And this is where the power of grace to overcome sin comes in.It is not by our own righteousness.I have been telling shdemidemi times without number that both jews and gentiles are the same before God since we are all descendants of Adam.The Christ of the Jews is the same Christ of the Gentiles.Sanctification and holiness once we accept the atoning sacrifice of Christ is both immediate and progressive,but this guy would never listen.

11 Therefore, remember that at one time you were Gentiles (heathens) in the flesh, called Uncircumcision by those who called themselves Circumcision, [itself a [e]mere mark] in the flesh made by human hands.
12 [Remember] that you were at that time separated (living apart) from Christ [excluded from all part in Him], utterly estranged and outlawed from the rights of Israel as a nation, and strangers with no share in the sacred compacts of the [Messianic] promise [with no knowledge of or right in God’s agreements, His covenants]. And you had no hope (no promise); you were in the world without God.

Explain that bit of scripture and where it says how and when we were drawn near by God

13 But now in Christ Jesus, you who once were [so] far away, through (by, in) the blood of Christ have been brought near.
Re: Why Is The Body Of Christ(the Church) Divided? by JesusisLord85: 12:13pm On Jun 29, 2013
Bidam: And this is where the power of grace to overcome sin comes in.It is not by our own righteousness.I have been telling shdemidemi times without number that both jews and gentiles are the same before God since we are all descendants of Adam.The Christ of the Jews is the same Christ of the Gentiles.Sanctification and holiness once we accept the atoning sacrifice of Christ is both immediate and progressive,but this guy would never listen.

It is not good to laugh at people, but this gentleman gives me very few other options.
How many know that God does not do anything without telling his prophets.
Amos 3:7 "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."

This verse is profound, and it is the key reason modern day Jews reject Christian theology. Their prophets tell them the Messiah will come and teach them to obey the law and the law will be written in their hearts. Today, preachers say the law is bondage.
The hypocrisy is that Christians observe easter, lent, and christmas religiously, and yet, they say it is legalism to observe the feast days of the Lord, as per Leviticus 23, and God said those seven were his feast days to be observed "for all time to come".

I don't see where the prophets proclaim there will be a covenant where the gentiles can be lawless, while the Jews must stick to the law. The pharisees tested Jesus because they knew what the law and the prophets said. The problem Jesus had with them is that they taught a law which went over and above what came from God.

The early church fathers - Jews. Day of Pentecost (one of the the Jewish feast days) - Jews received the holy spirit.
The word Christian was used to refer to those Jews who followed Christ. Funny that the Jewish men preached the gospel of Christ all over the world, and now the 'gentiles' took it, and ran with their own version and, as our friend is suggesting, they taught them (the gentiles) a gospel that they did not follow themselves. How in the world does that make sense. I look forward to the passages he will use lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Popular Reverend Converts To Islam In Kaduna / 13 Bloodlines Of The Illuminati / The Rise Of Traditional Religion And Spirituality In Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.