Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,799,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun (4862 Views)

67 Lessons I Have Learned In Almost 3 Years Of Blogging. / Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers / Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
startup: some body said on one site i visited that its not good to give your address online anyhow. @ javanian we will meet at cheta junction. The newly constructed okporo road is nice isn't it ?. But they said that light they put has only oned once ?.

You can eithet email the address or something.. Just give the Address!!
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Javanian: 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
startup: some body said on one site i visited that its not good to give your address online anyhow. @ javanian we will meet at cheta junction. The newly constructed okporo road is nice isn't it ?. But they said that light they put has only oned once ?.

Okay, P.M me your house address now.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Javanian: 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
and you just have 30 minutes to do that, If you fail to do so, I would loose interest in this case and it would be certain that you are a scammer.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2013

It's not good to give address online, but it's good to seek financial assistance online?
Again, people give their addresses online especially their office address. Ok. Let's say your house address is kind of private. Kindly send your address to Javanian privately.

@Javanian, post your email here. It's only you that will have access to the address.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Javanian: 11:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
Email received!, Also send your phone number.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by startup: 11:20pm On Jun 28, 2013
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Slyr0x: 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
GraphicsPlus: We must not be too sentimental. If a 14 year old boy knows java, php and j2me and yet his principal didn't know about it and says his parents are a problem, then there is a comma somewhere.

I strongly disagree with you on this.

Just because you didn't start your tech dreams early enough doesn't make the feat unachievable.

A lil insight into my background: I started hacking when I was 14/15yrs. .At age 18, I was already consulting for banks. .Performing security assessments and doing technical presentations for C-level Management staffs. .So every time I meet young folks with such rare talents, I immediately make friends with them and also try to encourage them.

One of such young folks is Fayimora. .He is just 18yrs. .(lemme chip this in: He is one of the finest programmers on NL), another promising dude is Mobinga. .I did some background checks on Mobinga then and realised he was a secondary schl student (He's in university aiidy tho).

We have so many of them out there and when Elvis Chidera sent me a request to trash this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1326232/xmx-me-www.-sale-30k , I went through it and saw where he mentioned being featured on techmoran .

I immediately encouraged him and told him to start a thread showcasing his programming talent with the end goal of getting potential clients so as to raise the money for the laptop.

Was hoping it'ld turn out just the same way the Broke Professional Webmaster story ended here

Alas, my good intentions backfired.

Lesson Learnt. .

We have to move on
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
@Javanian, these are things you should find out:

1. How old is he?
2. Where does he school?
3. You will go to his school on Monday for further verification.
4. You will ask his parents about his app to know if they are aware?
5. Ask them if they are aware he lost certain iphone.
6. And other info.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by startup: 11:26pm On Jun 28, 2013
@ Judinho59 is just a friend i met online a long time ago. We haven't seen physically. Anything he says, is just what he saw in me (my attitude). @judinho, have u gotten the answer to that challenge yet ?.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Ajibel(m): 11:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
Wow!!! Elvis Chidera is actually an FB friend of mine embarassed
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
@GraphicPlus are you still bringing the topic of 'Young Programmers wasting their time'??

Where's CODE-EATER, Ajibel, BrainRex, Jarva, lordcash, chistel.. More!!

Elvis only Voiced out what others couldn't and he's been stamped a scammer!!

Why does this even itches ur errmm Why the Webmasters Section?? Huh?? Pls pls pls.. Clear my name 4rm your whatsoever...

You're not in Nigeria, you don't know how things happen here.. A 14 year old dont just have to do whatever he/she chooses...

Pls!!!! Why pick on others? ?
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
startup: @ Judinho59 is just a friend i met online a long time ago. We haven't seen physically. Anything he says, is just what he saw in me (my attitude). @judinho, have u gotten the answer to that challenge yet ?.

Not properly tho... Just stick to this for now pls
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Slyr0x: 11:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
@Javanian,

Make sure you have someone to accompany you tomorrow.

All the best.

Cheers.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Ajibel(m): 11:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
@Judinho59, check the programming section. Ya name came up as a possible accomplice to elvis. Clear ur name bro
@startup/elvis: it was wrong of ya to post fake info of urself on FB. Look at what it has gotten u into. Instead of posting false info in ur fb profile, leave the info blank! #Lesson learnt the hard way
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Slyr0x: 12:09am On Jun 29, 2013
Thread locked till Javanian comes back with her findings.

@Javanian,

Please send me a mail so I can reopen the thread for you to post your findings.
Thanks
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Slyr0x: 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2013
Thread unlocked for Javanian to post his findings
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Javanian: 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2013
First of all, i would like to start by giving a word of advice to Elvis. Elvis, Like Pc Guru advised you, Stop comming to this forum to look for sympathy and attention, you are not the only teenage programmer here. I know about 5 other teenagers in the programming and web masters board excluding the two slyrox mentioned yesterday. But they don't come here to bitcch about it. That doesn't mean they don't have their own challenges.

I would like to apologies to Elvis as i was on of those who termed him a scammer last night although he has himself to blame for that. Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis is very very legit and most of what he said was true (atleast those i could confirm)

Last night immediately Elvis sent me his address, i called a childhood friend of mine who lives on his street and as soon as i mentioned Elvis Chidera, He said he knows the boy, that he is a boy of 14/15 years in Secondary School. But he wasnt sure if the boy was a programmer or not. He told me i was supposed to know him, he tried describing him but i just couldn't place it then.

It eventually turned out that elvis was a boy i used to play with a few years back, we stayed in thesame neighbourhood. Yes, I am also a teenager, just a little older than he is. We knew each other facially and nothing more than that, until today. I asked elvis some questions to proove he was the programmer he claimed and yes he prooved himself.

If there is anyone who can help him financially to acquire a laptop and pursue his dreams, Please do.

@elvis when i am less busy i would come along so we can work on some projects together.

One more thing, i am disappointed at some people here who keep discouraging this boy, beleive me, its not just fair. Some of our parents dont beleive we can make it in this field in this country but we want to proove them wrong. You guys who are much older than us and know what potential this field holds should try and encourage us. You should be happy that its not every teenager in this generation that wants to be the next Justin beiber, davido or wizkid. You should try and encourage us.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by WildChild00(m): 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2013
I have been following dis case since yesterday night, until someone said he wants to investigate and come back and make a proper report, and the thread was locked by the mod, pending wen proper prove comes in today.

You have spoken well and a good findings so far, but my question is what type of laptop does Elvis want?
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 29, 2013
In all sincerity, I think accusing him of being a fraud because of false age declaration is way too far yes it's suspicious, even my facebook doesn't carry my real age or even my real religion because of identity theft and Government Surveillance. I came in contact with him on Facebook for PHP Nigeria, and here, and all my time he actually responded well even one time i asked a question on Nairaland concerning Nokia J2ME and he gave some response that got my interest, i think we should much more tangible evidence and also explore the benefit of doubt before we castigate someone for being a fraud, because that can affect his reputation. anyway Javanian nice work and Dual_Core, also for GraphicPlus i understand where you are coming from, all the signs pointed towards 'fraud". take care all
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Seun(m): 6:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
Moderators & mukina2, please publish a report on what happened and the true situation a.s.a.p.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
Good work Javanian.
And sorry Elvis for all the dust this matter raised.

Please, we may need to know his relationship with his parents.
Whereas he has been cleared, Elvis should desist henceforth from making financial requests without his parents knowledge. He should either do that through a mentor or one of the mods. I mean at his age, he should not be too out making financial requests incessantly. Just look at his threads. He has been looking for investors. What does he know about investors and investments?
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 7:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
I have been watching closely. Lets see where this ends.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by funkymedina: 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Good work Javanian.
And sorry Elvis for all the dust this matter raised.

Please, we may need to know his relationship with his parents.
Whereas he has been cleared, Elvis should desist henceforth from making financial requests without his parents knowledge. He should either do that through a mentor or one of the mods. I mean at his age, he should not be too out making financial requests incessantly. Just look at his threads. He has been looking for investors. What does he know about investors and investments?
1000Likes He is lucky a ritualist didnt promise him money, lure him somewhere and kill him .. All because he wants laptop and money . A 14yr old has no business coming online to beg for money from strangers , anything can happen
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:41pm On Jun 29, 2013
We cannot take that someone knows how to program and negate the sanctity of family. If at 14, your parents didnt support you as a programmer, but pays your school fees, then by all means face your college while honing your programming skill without shouting. I am surprised that his parents, his church and his school cant afford a laptop for him. He may know about programming, but Elvis is up to something else. There is something he`s not telling us.

Javanian should have interacted with his parents and go to his school on Monday and meet his teachers. I wish am around.

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 29, 2013
Seun: Moderators & mukina2, please publish a report on what happened and the true situation a.s.a.p.

So you dey background dey watch lol cheesy

GraphicsPlus: We cannot take that someone knows how to program and negate the sanctity of family. If at 14, your parents didnt support you as a programmer, but pays your school fees, then by all means face your college while honing your programming skill without shouting. I am surprised that his parents, his church and his school cant afford a laptop for him. He may know about programming, but Elvis is up to something else. There is something he`s not telling us.

Javanian should have interacted with his parents and go to his school on Monday and meet his teachers. I wish am around.

Bro must of us, our parent did not support us, they believe we have to go to school get a certificate and enter the labor market that was the norms, so you actually can not blame his parent for not able to raise money for him to get a computer
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:03pm On Jun 29, 2013
ActiveMan:
Bro must of us, our parent did not support us, they believe we have to go to school get a certificate and enter the labor market that was the norms, so you actually can not blame his parent for not able to raise money for him to get a computer

I understand. If that is the case in his own situation, then he should keep calm and finish college and reach about 18 years. Age of vote. He`s still a juvenile. He can still become whatever he wants to be, even against his parents wish, but he shouldn`t jump this stage in his life. My dad wanted me to be a laywer, and my younger one an Engineer. I agreed and reached of age and told him no. I went on to study a course where my passion lies.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by pimplucious: 8:04pm On Jun 29, 2013
kingthreat: How can IP addresses be tracked down?

Are u a learner? undecided
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by kaboninc(m): 8:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
I don't really know why our parents won't support our dreams. Could it be that they are not well informed? Also I don't see any reason why we shouldn't go to school and get a certificate. Going to school is about more than bagging a certificate. Its about knowledge about all facets of life.

Left to me, that Elvis's comment is too polished for a 14 year old. Granted he could speak like this but write....then I'll give it to him, he's got something.

I'll advice you, Elvis to have a word with your parents and let them see reasons on why you need a laptop.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by cindayat05(m): 8:30pm On Jun 29, 2013
I think elvis deserve's an appluad if not for anything his articulate writing. @ 14 i can't even write a leta (olodo).....lol
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by sisqology(m): 8:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
Okay, at first... I thought "This post is too perfect for a 14yr old to compose!!! 14yr old? Dammit"

Secondly, I was waiting for janavian's confirmation; nicely done.

Thirdly: well, concerning your post, @Elvis....not all parents support though(my parents don't support too). You just have to find a way to burgle around. HUSTLE! This kind of case, people will find it so difficult to trust you. But, I'm happy now that you earn the trust smiley

You can start with a Dell Latitude; this could be gotten for around 15k(F-used), and pay install mentally from anyone around u. Mini Pc too is cool(as I started with this also). But all the best sha
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Elvisten10(m): 8:45pm On Jun 29, 2013
@graphicsplus, i don't still understand your aim. But it looks like we have met somewhere and we fought probably you hated me for this. But why this age issue, you just want me to reach an old age before i can start doing programming ?. I hope you remember summly, the app yahoo bought for $30 million. Am into programming. I have downloaded some ebooks and bookmarked many sites that i would read and practice most of them are on algorithms including taocp this coming holiday. This would make me run to my sss1 notes, ss2 and ss3 text books and also do some research on google(thats talking about maths and some other science subject). Can you tell me how that affects my studies and besides i share my time, programming to me is my play, my tv my free time and more. It has neva affected me and it would never do. Atleast my big head can carry them all. (Looking at this, you loved it that i was refered to as a scammer, and you still want it to happen). You were one of the big people i do look up to before in the webmasters section but alot has changed now. Its nice knowing you.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Afrisoft Interactive Buys Www.estoresms.com / Why I Dropped Jumia Affiliate Program / What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.