Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,168 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ (9629 Views)

Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Nickydrake(m): 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
Deep Sight:
My deepest apologies, Anony and all.

I cannot continue this thread because I will be permanently withdrawing from Nairaland going forward on account of the unacceptable disposition of the owner of the site.

Best wishes.

Now this is quite a shock.

It's possible that you began to contemplate this when the froth on the MMW thread started to grow markedly distasteful, but it does seem like your decision was made as a reaction to the blather of that fellow, Jackbauersballs. I do hope this isn't the case, because then, whether you admit it or not, you would be according him far more relevance than he's worth.

I've found your reasoning on this forum really stimulating; made all the more so by the elegance of your delivery. It would be sad indeed to see you leave.

Heck, I'm quite certain there's a lot of folks who would be very glad if you changed your mind.
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by PastorAIO: 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
I imagine that when we say Christ is the mediator between God and Man we mean God (in the sense of a specific being) and Mankind ( in a general sense). So when we say Jesus is a man that does not automatically identify him as James, Julius, or Emeka (specific individuals). So why does calling him God identify him with Jehovah?

Just what is the definition of a deity/god? Nobody is offering any definitions. It reminds me of the Atheists/naturalists and their lack of definition for what they mean by Nature vis a vis supernatural. Any debate is rendered meaningless if we have no idea what we are talking about.

3 Likes

Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by benalvino(m): 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pastor AIO: I imagine that when we say Christ is the mediator between God and Man we mean God (in the sense of a specific being) and Mankind ( in a general sense). So when we say Jesus is a man that does not automatically identify him as James, Julius, or Emeka (specific individuals). So why does calling him God identify him with Jehovah?

Just what is the definition of a deity/god? Nobody is offering any definitions. It reminds me of the Atheists/naturalists and their lack of definition for what they mean by Nature vis a vis supernatural. Any debate is rendered meaningless if we have no idea what we are talking about.

Jesus is identified as God in the flesh
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by PastorKun(m): 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pastor AIO: I imagine that when we say Christ is the mediator between God and Man we mean God (in the sense of a specific being) and Mankind ( in a general sense). So when we say Jesus is a man that does not automatically identify him as James, Julius, or Emeka (specific individuals). So why does calling him God identify him with Jehovah?

Another top quality post from Pastor AIO, bros I have really missed your insightful comments in this forum.
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by PastorAIO: 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Another top quality post from Pastor AIO, bros I have really missed your insightful comments in this forum.

Thanks Pastor Kun. Though i'm not physically present I always bear NL with me wherever I am. I'll not be sticking around for long but it is good to touch base for the next couple of days.

1 Like

Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Ishilove: 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pastor AIO:

Thanks Pastor Kun. Though i'm not physically present I always bear NL with me wherever I am. I'll not be sticking around for long but it is good to touch base for the next couple of days.
Hello sir. I want to ask you a question. Should I go ahead?

Pastor AIO: Yes Sister Ishilove, you may ask. But I hope it is nothing too impertinent?

Goodness sir, of course not! shocked

My question is "are you really a pastor? I mean an ordained pastor?" smiley

1 Like

Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ishilove:
Hello sir. I want to ask you a question. Should I go ahead?

Pastor AIO: Yes Sister Ishilove, you may ask. But I hope it is nothing too impertinent?

Goodness sir, of course not! shocked

My question is "are you really a pastor? I mean an ordained pastor?" smiley
loool
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Boomark(m): 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
E be like i go change my ID to Pastor Boom or Pastor Ark. Which one is sweeter and titheful?

*"The Israelites carried the ark of covenant...." No! no! "Your money and business will boom today..." Exateli!*

@Deep
Abeg ignore seun and co. We never even do much for this Academy.
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2013
Boomark: E be like i go change my ID to Prophet doom or Prophet dark. Which one is bitter and spiteful?

Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by DrummaBoy(m): 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2013
Deep
Sight:

I cannot continue this thread because I will be permanently withdrawing
from Nairaland going forward on account of the unacceptable disposition
of the owner of the site.

Best wishes.

I am adding my voice to the call on Deep to re consider your position and return to the thread/forum.

I believe the Seun matter will be resolved.

Plssssssss...

Thanks in advance
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by benalvino(m): 11:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
Except you know someone personally here, you cant take anything serious on this site... Deep sight just over look stuff and come back... i dont even see the people who offend you in this thread... you can avoid them still.
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by UyiIredia(m): 2:54am On Aug 10, 2013
Deep Sight:

I cannot continue this thread because I will be permanently withdrawing from Nairaland going forward on account of the unacceptable disposition of the owner of the site.

Best wishes.

I don't believe it will be permanent. It will be temporary moreso since I'm quite optimistic it will be solved.
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by DrummaBoy(m): 8:51am On Aug 10, 2013
@Pastor Kun And Others

After reading Deep comment to quit I visited the thread were the matter of mmw sack was being discussed to get the full gist.

Deep layed down a strong word of protest on mmw sack: main point being NL religion section is offering to much slack for Muslims. Muslims alone have a subsection. I, a Christian, have always advocated a sub sect for Atheist and satanist but Seun just waves him aside and said something to the effect that he would not be missed.

Is Seun afraid of Muslims on NL? With Jesoul ill, Maclatunji has been Mod a Christian section, no wonder our threads don't make it to front page.

Worst still, this morning that thread on mmw sack has been closed.

I am not a trouble maker but this is injustice at its worst and if I will be banned for this so be it but I call on all active Christian contributors to this forum to 'step aside' from the forum for a time until mmw is re installed.

I agree with Deep position to call it quit in protest; maybe we all should!
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by PastorKun(m): 9:53am On Aug 10, 2013
Obviously seun erred but his arrogance would not let him rescind his position. Also his cowardice and fear of Islamist extremist is a well know fact on this forum thus his seeming bias towards them. He built nairaland if he likes let him destroy it, that is his problem. But I don't agree with deepsight's action as it was not personal towards him. Even manmustwac that was the victim of the daft decision as not decided leave NL so why should Deepsight?
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by DrummaBoy(m): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2013
^ I have sent a private message to Seun and I believe he will attend to the matter.

Seun is a reasonable person: He reviewed the other unpopular law that favored Muslims bc of the popular outcry against it.

That thread he closed showed people love mmw. If more people clamore for his re installment he can be reinstated and we can then have Deep back and this thread will continue.

Simple.
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by MrTroll(m): 10:37am On Aug 10, 2013
MMW is not going to be reinstated. Y'all should stop living in denial. If you've been here from at least 2010 you'll understand why i'm saying this. Seun is giving us all the middle finger here. . . Ship in or ship out.
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by PastorKun(m): 10:39am On Aug 10, 2013
DrummaBoy: ^ I have sent a private message to Seun and I believe he will attend to the matter.

Seun is a reasonable person: He reviewed the other unpopular law that favored Muslims bc of the popular outcry against it.

That thread he closed showed people love mmw. If more people clamore for his re installment he can be reinstated and we can then have Deep back and this thread will continue.

Simple.

On most occasions seun as proven to be arrogant and unreasonable but lets keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Ishilove: 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
DrummaBoy: @Pastor Kun And Others

After reading Deep comment to quit I visited the thread were the matter of mmw sack was being discussed to get the full gist.

Deep layed down a strong word of protest on mmw sack: main point being NL religion section is offering to much slack for Muslims. Muslims alone have a subsection. I, a Christian, have always advocated a sub sect for Atheist and satanist but Seun just waves him aside and said something to the effect that he would not be missed.

Is Seun afraid of Muslims on NL? With Jesoul ill, Maclatunji has been Mod a Christian section, no wonder our threads don't make it to front page.

Worst still, this morning that thread on mmw sack has been closed.

I am not a trouble maker but this is injustice at its worst and if I will be banned for this so be it but I call on all active Christian contributors to this forum to 'step aside' from the forum for a time until mmw is re installed.

I agree with Deep position to call it quit in protest; maybe we all should!
Y'all take Nairaland waaaaay too seriously...
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Ishilove: 3:40pm On Aug 10, 2013
DrummaBoy: ^ I have sent a private message to Seun and I believe he will attend to the matter.

Simple.
You are very naïve

1 Like

Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Boomark(m): 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
[quote author=Bidam][/quote]

I have always known you to be a twister of the word. See all the beautiful names i wan give my self you come add bitter put. Back to sender.
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by DrummaBoy(m): 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ishilove:
You are very naïve

Thanks for the compliment. Nothing wrong with a try wink
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by DeepSight(m): 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Anony,

I believe further events after the time I indicated my intention to cease to use this site (in protest over the MMW issue) have shown that I was not being melo-dramatic.

That intention thus remains firm. However because I am very interested in seeing this discussion to a logical conclusion, I have taken the trouble this morning to create a small forum where we can trash it out to its conclusion and anyone else interested in the subject can also read there.

Many thanks.

http://philoversity.com/thread/2/continuing-verse-academy-on-trinity
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by PastorKun(m): 3:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
Deep Sight: Dear Mr. Anony,

I believe further events after the time I indicated my intention to cease to use this site (in protest over the MMW issue) have shown that I was not being melo-dramatic.

That intention thus remains firm. However because I am very interested in seeing this discussion to a logical conclusion, I have taken the trouble this morning to create a small forum where we can trash it out to its conclusion and anyone else interested in the subject can also read there.

Many thanks.

Did you get my fb message? You don't seem to be very active on that fora
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Tgirl4real(f): 11:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
@Frosbel,

I am taking a looonñnnngggggg walk from here, will be around to read from you guys from time to time though.

Nice meeting u and pls don't forget our meeting up for a drink. grin
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Mranony: 12:04am On Aug 12, 2013
Deep Sight: Dear Mr. Anony,

Many thanks.

I have now signed up there, we shall continue.
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Tgirl4real(f): 12:21am On Aug 12, 2013
Mr anony:
I have now signed up there, we shall continue.

I have done that also.
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 12, 2013
i have signed up in philoversity but when i tap on the space so as to compose a message on the blank brown space, it doesnt show a cursor. what do i do?
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by DrummaBoy(m): 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
JMAN05: i have signed up in philoversity but when i tap on the space so as to compose a message on the blank brown space, it doesnt show a cursor. what do i do?

Now I hope we don't need Seun to solve that problem grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
Tgirl4real: @Frosbel,

I am taking a looonñnnngggggg walk from here, will be around to read from you guys from time to time though.

Nice meeting u and pls don't forget our meeting up for a drink. grin

Sure , I do not mind meeting with some of us here as I did a few months ago.

Wish you guys the best at Philodiversity , I have work to do here grin
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
JMAN05: i have signed up in philoversity but when i tap on the space so as to compose a message on the blank brown space, it doesnt show a cursor. what do i do?

Pal , Philodiversity aint gonna work , stay here grin
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Tgirl4real(f): 8:34am On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel:

Sure , I do not mind meeting with some of us here as I did a few months ago.

Wish you guys the best at Philodiversity , I have work to do here grin

Philodiversity is just for this discourse since deepsight said he isn't continuing here. It's just to follow the discussion to an end.

I hope u approved my comment on ur blog.
Re: Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Philodiversity is just for this discourse since deepsight said he isn't continuing here. It's just to follow the discussion to an end.

I hope u approved my comment on ur blog.

Checked, and no comments have been made :

Updates
Comments awaiting moderation 0 »
Published comments 0 »

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Parable Of The Wedding Banquet - Jack Kelley / Ever Heard Of Atheistic Evolution? / Seven Reasons Your Church Members Aren’t Using Your Church Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.