Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? (23168 Views)

Can You Trust Your Bf To The Extent Of Playing Like This...????? / Do You Need To 'Test' To Trust Your Partner? / In Percent, How Much Do You Trust Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by k2039: 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2013
sexkillz: You should trust your partner, not your best friend. . . No matter what a best friend does or says to your partner, if he or she is not swayed, nothing happens. The fault always comes from the partner. The final choice rests on them.

So, do you trust your partner? If no, why on earth are you still with someone you cannot bring yourself to trust? Don't you think something is wrong with you, if you fall in this category?

I just thought about emotional vulnerability, the woman could be susceptible and a lot could happen. My point I would rather not risk it.

I remembered a story I read on NL about a woman who lowered her defenses while her husband was away thinking she will never fall, she did have extra marital se.x once and she did confess to her husband when he returned. I thought about that case and I do think the woman did love his man she was just vulnerable when the stuff happened.

My whole point, as much as trust does exist, one shouldn't play risk. Of course I will trust my partner ahead of my friend.

1 Like

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
mikelreal: okay.
Number 1. I dont ve a gf so 90% of what you just typed ~~~~~.

2. with all due respect(mod) your comments re kinda rude,dont u think so?

3. we re all entitled to our own opinion, so if someone doesnt agree with urz, its normal,no offence.
and finally I ve read countless times where couples (both married,and normal bf/gf) because of this issue do some terrible sh!t so? #justmyopinion.
1. If you don't have a girlfriend, why are you advising on what you know nada about?

2. No I don't think so. If you interpret my comment as rude, its your own pill to swallow any how you deem fit.

3. If we are all entitled to our opinions and you don't like your opinions countered and decimated, why did you try to pick holes in the opinions of another in the first place?

And finally, I can only defend the actions of a legally married individual. BF/GF arguments hold no water in actuality. We only make excuses and get away with it.

1 Like

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2013
k2039:
I just thought about emotional vulnerability, the woman could be susceptible and a lot could happen. My point I would rather not risk it.

I remembered a story I read on NL about a woman who lowered her defenses while her husband was away thinking she will never fall, she did have extra marital se.x once and she did confess to her husband when he returned. I thought about that case and I do think the woman did love his man she was just vulnerable when the stuff happened.

My whole point, as much as trust does exist, one shouldn't play risk. Of course I will trust my partner ahead of my friend.
If you trust someone, where is the risk?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
sexkillz: 1. If you don't have a girlfriend, why are you advising on what you know nada about?

2. No I don't think so. If you interpret my comment as rude, its your own pill to swallow any how you deem fit.

3. If we are all entitled to our opinions and you don't like your opinions countered and decimated, why did you try to pick holes in the opinions of another in the first place?

And finally, I can only defend the actions of a legally married individual. BF/GF arguments hold no water in actuality. We only make excuses and get away with it.

Rude! angry

7 Likes

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2013
mikelreal: okay.
Number 1. I dont ve a gf so 90% of what you just typed ~~~~~.

2. with all due respect(mod) your comments re kinda rude,dont u think so?

3. we re all entitled to our own opinion, so if someone doesnt agree with urz, its normal,no offence.
and finally I ve read countless times where couples (both married,and normal bf/gf) because of this issue do some terrible sh!t so? #justmyopinion.
azzin tot am d only who notice how rude he is.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ms_Steph: azzin tot am d only who notice how rude he is.
Y u jus dey talk ya own? U dey fear ban? grin
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Rude! angry
What did I say?
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ms_Steph: azzin tot am d only who notice how rude he is.
Seriously?
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2013
sexkillz: What did I say?
What did u not say? Ur yansh dia! angry

U no see as u dey para-type, u drink? undecided tongue
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2013
You people are too emotional.

1 Like

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
sexkillz: You people are too emotional.
Pardon? Who are the people?
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
sexkillz: Seriously?
I don't blame u shall its seun dat is made u have dat mind to talk anyhow

1 Like

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ms_Steph: I don't blame u shall its seun dat is made u have dat mind to talk anyhow
Lmao! Madam, calm down joor! U take am personal ni? undecided
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ms_Steph: I don't blame u shall its seun dat is made u have dat mind to talk anyhow
I don't blame you too for not having a mind of your own. . . Everything will be ok. smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by k2039: 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2013
sexkillz: If you trust someone, where is the risk?
For me, no one gets 100% of my trust, humans are susceptible to errors.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
k2039:
true
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
k2039:
No one trusts you 100% as well. Good for you. But then, some of us do trust, and have people who trust us with their lives. . . If that isn't 100%, I don't know what else is.

That's just me.

1 Like

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Oahray: 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2013
sexkillz: You people are too emotional.
difference between humans and robots tongue
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Cestmoi1(f): 10:30pm On Jun 29, 2013
no,i cnt n it doesnt mean i dnt trust my partner.u knw some thngs u say u'll nva do is wat u end up doing later on.
ps- i dnt hv a bestfrnd datz a lady.wahala tew much.cnt shoulder much closeness.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
Oahray: difference between humans and robots tongue
Its sad.

1 Like

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Oahray: 10:34pm On Jun 29, 2013
sexkillz: Its sad.
Who liked this post? Ogugua? grin

3 Likes

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
Oahray: Who liked this post? Ogugua? grin
It fit be you. See as you wan use ogugua cover up. grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by k2039: 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2013
sexkillz: No one trusts you 100% as well. Good for you. But then, some of us do trust, and have people who trust us with their lives. . . If that isn't 100%, I don't know what else is.

That's just me.

I do understand your point, if we start this debate we will just toss to and fro without reaching a conclusion. Putting your complete trust on human is setting yourself up for failure from the start, there should be provision for errors (though some errors are disastrous and not forgivable) so that when this errors do happen one won't be completely hurt in the end.

Even in marriages, 100% peak if achievable will be towards the couples old age, then the trust would have been earned after series of life experience.

You don't have to necessarily agree with me, but the best you can do is trust yourself because you are responsible for yourself alone. Everyone has both potential to behave like a swine or saint within himself; though which one is actualized depends on decisions not necessarily conditions and people change with time. A saint today may be a slut tomorrow and that is not in your jurisdiction to determine for that person.

Every relationship should be built on trust, but complete trust is simply setting one for failure because humans will always remain humans.

Now Killz will quote me. I'm out of here.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 29, 2013
I reiterate: You don't trust people, people don't trust you. 1:1.

There exist people like me with the ability of trusting others with our lives and vice versa. That you cannot bring yourself to trust people doesn't and would never mean that people who trust others fully, are non-existent.

If you don't understand that, I'm truly sorry. . . It's beyond your scope.

1 Like

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Oahray: 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
k2039:
I do understand your point, if we start this debate we will just toss to and fro without reaching a conclusion. Putting your complete trust on human is setting yourself up for failure from the start, there should be provision for errors (though some errors are disastrous and not forgivable) so that when this errors do happen one won't be completely hurt in the end.

Even in marriages, 100% peak if achievable will be towards the couples old age, then the trust would have been earned after series of life experience.

You don't have to necessarily agree with me, but the best you can do is trust yourself because you are responsible for yourself alone. Everyone has both potential to behave like a swine or saint within himself; though which one is actualized depends on decisions not necessarily conditions and people change with time. A saint today could be a slut tomorrow and that is not in your jurisdiction to determine for that person.

Every relationship should be built on trust, but complete trust is simply setting one for failure because humans will always remain humans.

Now Killz will quote me. I'm out of here.
*quoting you before he does* grin

The op never asked HOW MUCH you trust, but IF you CAN trust. Saying no is like saying you have 0% trust in your friend to respect you and your boundaries and 0% in your partner to be faithful to you.

It's something like this... If she tells you your best friend gave her a lift, you suspect he used her thigh as his arm rest. If she ever asks about him no matter how casually, you assume they are having an affair behind your back.

That is no relationship. It's a waste of time and energy.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by sleekch1c(f): 2:30am On Jun 30, 2013
Yes,why not?I trust my man. Ur frnds are a reflection of who u are. If u move arnd with scavengers,then u can expect anything.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Princesszoe: 3:56am On Jun 30, 2013
@op to me the question should be, can i trust my partner with my best friend. I don't have issues not trusting or trusting my best friend that much. But i will do if i don't trust my partner. Besides if i cannot trust you with a mere pretty and well built CLOSE friend what am i doing with you then? It shows that i already know that you are not trust worthy enough. Some how real love connects with trust and jealousy although the jealousy should not be out of selfishness or in a controling manner. When these two are not one of the components of your love, then something is wrong somewhere. Choosing to be with a partner whom i know that i can not trust with my cute girl friend means that i know that his weak point is women, that his self control is not intact, that he has zero strong moral principle and above all, he doesn't love me that much not to hurt me and that he lacks the FEAR OF GOD.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Excel30: 5:01am On Jun 30, 2013
My boyfriend once told me to let my girlfriend come spend some days with him,that he wont touch her even if she is naked,to prove his love for me.I winked.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Ferdinandu(m): 5:48am On Jun 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
I walk with a cool and trustworthy circle of friends who can die for someone else. Plus why be with a girl I can't trust? It is silly and a waste of time
you didn't even say Friend but circle of Friends,you think you trusted all of them.That is the mistake with some people,they think everybody around them are friends until some people bring out their true character.It may be alright to have a friend like that you can vouch for but [b]Circle of friends?[/b]you are deceiving yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by Mynd44: 6:49am On Jun 30, 2013
Ferdinandu: you didn't even say Friend but circle of Friends,you think you trusted all of them.That is the mistake with some people,they think everybody around them are friends until some people bring out their true character.It may be alright to have a friend like that you can vouch for but [b]Circle of friends?[/b]you are deceiving yourself.
When you have a circle if 3 people including you, you know what they can do in an out bro. Why do I need a million friends I don't trust when I can have 2 who have my back everyday?

1 Like

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by vivianc(f): 7:13am On Jun 30, 2013
Yes! I can't TrusT anyThing that has a di..ck, but I TrusT my besT friend.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner? by dlex21(m): 8:00am On Jun 30, 2013
I blive the question should be "can u trust ur partner wiv ur bestfriend"....trust should be btw partners and not necessarily bestfriends. If u can trust ur partner, nothing else matters jaree...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? / Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men / Don't Service Someone Else's Partner If Yours Should Be Untouchable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.