Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses (5972 Views)

Photos Of Ayedire Local Government Secretariat In State Of Osun / El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions / The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by oagbanashiymai: 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2013
Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned

The transformation vision of the Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan administration in the state transport sector is set to record additional feat as the state government has opened discussions with two foreign firms for the introduction of Automated Fare Collection (AFC) in the state-owned commercial buses.

The firms are TAPTOPAY Automatic Fare Collection in Hong Kong and the Management of Kigali Bus Services Limited, Kigali, Rwanda.

Addressing journalists shortly after a closed door meeting with representatives of the firms in Asaba, the state Commissioner for Transport, Hon. Benson Igbakpa, said that given the advantages and imperatives of the AFC in eliminating corruption in the transport system, the state government was ready to adopt it in its transport system.

He, however, noted that given the peculiar nature of the state transport system which he said is being operated based on Public/Private Partnership (PPP), stakeholders in the transport system must be consulted and carried along in the new system.

“I have contacted our key operators in the state transport sector because in Delta State, we operate our buses based on Public, Private Partnership. We need to bring them into the scheme and as soon as that is done, we will kick off,” Igbakpa said.

The Business Development Manager, TAPTOPAY Automatic Fare Collection, Hong Kong, Mr. Brendan Maguire, who spoke alongside the Executive Chairman, Kigali Bus Services, Kigali, Mr. Charles Ngarambe, said they are ready to partner the state government in its drive to transform the state transport sector.

The duo in their separate remarks, commended the state government for its landmark achievements in the state transport sector, with particular emphasis on the Asaba International Airport as well as the procurements of big Macopolo buses for commercial purpose.

According to them, the AFC, when fully operational in the state transport sector, would, among other things, help in the elimination of corruption, address the challenge of arbitrary fare charges, as well as help the state government in planning processes.

“With this, everything will be transparent for the state government, the commuters and the bus operators,” they said, adding that the system will also aid the cashless economy of the Federal government in the state.

The AFC, according to them is a form of credit card which, without the elements of a machine or electricity to function, makes use of a contact lens inbuilt in the smart card.

3 Likes

Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by ujoinme: 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2013
nice
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by Garrithe1st: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2013
My Basin-Headed Governor actually did well in the transport sector. Some of the state-owned buses charge as low as 50% of the normal price.

cool cool cool

5 Likes

Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by nelsonegware: 2:47am On Jun 30, 2013
Very much on point. It will check ticket racketeering when introduced.
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by bellaberry: 3:18am On Jun 30, 2013
Nice move. This will curtail the normal driver/conductor fraud that would have been a bane to the success of the transportation scheme.

See those buses looking chasis and sleek. Hope they won't turn into molue-looking vehicles in 2 months undecided
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by nomsov147(m): 8:22am On Jun 30, 2013
Nice one
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by ebioloye1: 11:17am On Jun 30, 2013
Good
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by 360command: 11:18am On Jun 30, 2013
Make we give d gov of delta state 1 like from each and everybody here viewing this page.

2 Likes

Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by otijah(m): 11:19am On Jun 30, 2013
First to comment shaaa.
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by CarCam: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2013
Wow! a well done initiative
Was hoping and rooting for Fashola to do this form of electronic ticketing used on public transport services first
Lagos definitely got caught sleeping and lagging behind with this
Impatient with delay of the Lagos Rail Mass Transit project though
Phase I (i.e. the Blue Line from Marina to Okokomaiko) was set to open in June 2013
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 30, 2013
Lol, the project will not see the light of day. Uduaghan hasn't explained what has been happening to IGR and federal allocation since 2007, it is bus fare he wants to sanitise...mad dog.

1 Like

Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by almustapha007: 11:24am On Jun 30, 2013
Like seriously?
Management of Kigali Bus Services Limited, Kigali, Rwanda?
smh!
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by ronsijeff: 11:26am On Jun 30, 2013
He has done very well in both transport and Education in the state. Cudos to Gov EEU.
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by chii8(f): 11:26am On Jun 30, 2013
otijah: First to comment shaaa.
are you al right??kiss undecided

4 ya small kekere mind
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by 360command: 11:32am On Jun 30, 2013
@ otijah, u must be a jah man smokin on som gan-ja wee
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by Bet2020(m): 11:34am On Jun 30, 2013
The transformation vision of the Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan administration in the state transport sector is set to record additional feat as the state government has opened discussions with two foreign firms for the introduction of Automated Fare Collection (AFC) in the state-owned commercial buses.
The firms are TAPTOPAY Automatic Fare Collection in Hong Kong and the Management of Kigali Bus Services Limited, Kigali, Rwanda......imagine Rwanda dem dey manage our transport service...chai! naija i hail thee.
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by donwilly3: 11:35am On Jun 30, 2013
they said it will reduce corruption hope the goverment will not become corrupt and also i hope that the credit cards will not be hacked thru dat means well thumbs up to the goverment
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by 360command: 11:43am On Jun 30, 2013
Bet2020: The transformation vision of the Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan administration in the state transport sector is set to record additional feat as the state government has opened discussions with two foreign firms for the introduction of Automated Fare Collection (AFC) in the state-owned commercial buses.
The firms are TAPTOPAY Automatic Fare Collection in Hong Kong and the Management of Kigali Bus Services Limited, Kigali, Rwanda......imagine Rwanda dem dey manage our transport service...chai! naija i hail thee.
it does not matter, no country is perfect in all sectors.
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by JENMAUCY(f): 11:45am On Jun 30, 2013
blink182: Lol, the project will not see the light of day. Uduaghan hasn't explained what has been happening to IGR and federal allocation since 2007, it is bus fare he wants to sanitise...mad dog.
i pity u!!!
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:53am On Jun 30, 2013
Good. It ll check ticket racketeering. I expect other states to follow.
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 30, 2013
360command: Make we give d gov of delta state 1 like from each and everybody here viewing this page.
make ona pity dis gy na; giv am 1 lyk, grin
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
While I must admit that gov uduaghan's performance has been very poor considering the enormous resources that is available to this state as one of nigeria's richest states...he has made tremendous progress in the transport sector and I'm bold to say that Delta State has the best organized intra state transport servive in the country, modern buses and cabs, nice parks...
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by nwabasha(m): 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
The AFC will be a Nice 1 if it works
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by iebanehita(m): 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2013

Height of Immaturity...#smh
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by bigass(f): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2013
al-mustapha007:
Like seriously?
Management of Kigali Bus Services Limited, Kigali, Rwanda?
smh!

The earlier you realize that we have a lot to learn from other African countries the better for you. Many African countries are better organized than Us. Stop comparing Nigeria to US or UK.

1 Like

Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by Gombs(m): 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
The only tin I luff abt the whole report is the fact dat he patronized our own very IVM buses (judging from the pics o, but d small buses are so toyota..*looks embarrassed)...now dats very commendable, dey cheap, efficient n spare parts are readily available in NNEWI

God bless Anambra State.

And BTW d automated shii won't wrk, at least not in the current Nigeria
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2013
More grease to his elbows.
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by almustapha007: 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigass:
The earlier you realize that we have a lot to learn from other African countries the better for you. Many African countries are better organized than Us. Stop comparing Nigeria to US or UK.

I do not have any problem with learning/technology transfer from TAPTOPAY Automatic Fare Collection in Hong Kong.

The problem is with the Rwandan management company. The fact remains that better facility managers can be found in Nigeria.

Also, i doubt if you know anything about Rwanda at all. They've not solved their own problems talk less of solving other people's problem.

Even with the shoddy job they'll do, they'll repatriate millions of dollars back to Rwanda.

We shldnt celebrate mediocrity and just open the door for everyone.
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by kliq(m): 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
I rep Delta grin
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by bignene(m): 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2013
can u read at all? U are last to comment
Re: Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses by sanandreas(m): 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ok.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Small Will Biafra Be / This Man May Be The Best TINUBU Minister(photo) / One Of The Anambra Men I Respect Is Coscharis (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.