Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF (24036 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Keshi Will Get His Eagles Job Back After Begging Almost On His Knees - Vanguard / If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by joseph1013: 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2013

Echoes of Nigeria’s elimination from the FIFA Confederations still reverberates,with President of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) Aminu Maigari,declaring that Super Eagles coach,Stephen Keshi will no longer have the sole responsibility of choosing players for the national team.

The NFF President while speaking in a magazine show, Soccer Africa on Supersports,questioned the players Keshi took to the tournament in Brazil,adding that he went with inexperienced players.

Following Nigeria’s elimination from the Confederations,criticisms have been trailing the technical crew of the Super Eagles,after the team failed to take their goalscoring of their chances at the tournament.

“Spain brought their best players, but we did not. Why would you bring a local player to play Spain at such a big stage?” Maigari asked.

“This is unacceptable. We have experienced players that were not selected and this is where we have to step in.”

“The coach doesn’t have the sole responsibility on squad selection. We all have to contribute. This team belongs to 165 million people”

“Selections should affect all these people so we cannot continue to let this happen because we need to compete well with others.”

Nigeria crashed out of the Confederations last Sunday,after winning just one game against Tahiti,and losing the other games against Uruguay and Spain,despite putting up good performances.
Keshi in his own defence,said that he selected the right players available to represent the country at the tournament.

“I understand Nigerians are emotive and sentimental sometimes but all the players that went to Brazil deserved to be there,” Keshi told BBC Sport.

“I’m the coach and I can honestly listen to constructive ideas on how we can improve as a team.

“But no-one has come to tell me who to pick and not to select. If the team fails the coach is responsible.

“As the coach, it’s my decision and responsibility. For now, the local players have earned the rights to be in the team.”

Does the NFF have the right to meddle in the choice of players,Keshi takes to a tournament?

SOURCE: http://allsports.com.ng/2013/06/29/keshi-will-no-longer-select-players-alone-nff-president/
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by jojo2011: 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2013
When he won the Nations Cup with with the Locals well represented why did they not complain.When will the Local players be exposed if not in a competition that is not in the class of the World Cup.That is why we are backward this area of the world.This is the person in charge of the Nigerian League openly saying that the League is a trash.That is the import,so he is saying nothing Good can come out of the Nigerian Professional League.FOOL

64 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:38pm On Jun 29, 2013
jojo2011: When he won the Nations Cup with with the Locals well represented why did they not complain.When will the Local players be exposed if not in a competition that is not in the class of the World Cup.That is why we are backward this area of the world.This is the person in charge of the Nigerian League openly saying that the League is a trash.That is the import,so he is saying nothing Good can come out of the Nigerian Professional League.FOOL

They complained and even tried to sack him during the competition. Don't worry, the Boss will shame them again. I trust Coach Keshi, he will never take their list.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2013
Please Mr Maigari. What is the website of the NFF? cheesy

23 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 29, 2013
the kind of nonesense they come up with

Keshi won the Nation's cup without their input

now they want to select players for him just because of confed cup

confed cup is a glorified friendly tounament

13 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by ikeyman00(m): 8:49am On Jun 30, 2013
@@@@@

this is dem again

they are out to run things down once again!

SAD SAD SAD!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Rossikk(m): 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
MAIGARI MUST GO.

I so detest that man. His own is just to ruin Keshi. That is his ambition. He started that bonus crisis, refusing to play the players their dues, just to spite Keshi and reduce the players' commitment. Now he has come with this GARBAGE.

WHEN WILL PRESIDENT JONATHAN DO THE RIGHT THING AND FIRE THIS INCOMPETENT, SPITEFUL MAN CALLED MAIGARI?

10 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Afrocatalyst: 5:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
Nice. Absolute power corrupts.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by enemmo(f): 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
Won tun ti de o (Dem don come again)

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by abu0710102013: 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
make dis ppl allow dis guy do his job
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Feraz(m): 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2013
What is he saying? When Keshi won the nations' cup, did he complain? Why now?

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by trigar12(m): 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
I support it 100%, keshi has been selecting some funny players that plays in some dustbin league abroad. His list needs to be screened. #my2cents#

9 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by sambos994(m): 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
http://www.africaplays.com/news/entry;12346.html

Apparently Maigari says otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by ROCKJ1(m): 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
Pls let them allow keshi to do his thing.... we believe in him. its just unfortunate that we lost our key players at the dieing moment just before the start of the tournament. Our players played well but lacked finishers, this will be corrected by keshi in due course.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by mike404(m): 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
MY GARRI DON DEY MADT

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by okolichibuzor(m): 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
jojo2011: When he won the Nations Cup with with the Locals well represented why did they not complain.When will the Local players be exposed if not in a competition that is not in the class of the World Cup.That is why we are backward this area of the world.This is the person in charge of the Nigerian League openly saying that the League is a trash.That is the import,so he is saying nothing Good can come out of the Nigerian Professional League.FOOL
u are right bro.NFF should let de young man be.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by danthamccoy(m): 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
I was against Keshi's decision to leave out some key players but I think a coach should have autonomy.
Can't have some grey-haired men who know nothing about football chipping in and make his job tougher.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by adrainuche(m): 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2013
I wish some of dis pundits read this site !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Emade(m): 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
If he is tired of d coach he should sack hm pls dnt cal 165 millon nigerias inside ur personal issue maybe one oyibo coach dey he mind.Mygarri u are on ur own

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by okolichibuzor(m): 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
u are right bro... They should let the young man be.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by kingthreat(m): 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
Guys as much as we despise NFF, lets give them a plus on this. Keshi was clueless to go to a tournament with just one main striker, who is Oduamadi. The rest were inexperienced and unknown. Can someone tell me what gambo Mohammed was doing there. Keshi gambled him to play his first international match and all we saw was nonsense. Keshi should outgrow all these nonsense of building a team. He's been building that since he became coach. By now, we should have a strong team, not just a flock of inexperienced boys making the Super Eagles team list.

12 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by scana042: 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
senseless talk, why cant these NFF man allow KESHI 2 be.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by oloriooko(m): 6:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
sambos994: http://www.africaplays.com/news/entry;12346.html

Apparently Maigari says otherwise.

but i heard him said so on SS Africa Soccer program, so is he now denying it angry angry angry
this is the problem of 9ja team; the glass house

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by iamdsam: 6:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
If true, then this is the begining of the downfall of the Super Eagles of Nigeria. Tell whoever is the chairman or chairperson of the NFF to leave the job to coach or he should probably just do the coaching work by himself

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by bigwallace(m): 6:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
Am surprised wt d way some pple here re critisin maigari cos of his comment,d man is right keshi took d wrong players to d confed cup,a team dt has no bench or ow else can we explain d strikers performance players lik ujah,akpala who only plays 2minutes for his club,micheal babatunde who is. Bench warmer for his club in ukraine,emeka eze,gambo mohamed dis re untested players nd sincerely keshi should av done beta wt his selections.so I totally agree wt maigari on dis matter!

8 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by GOAJIBOYE: 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
Dis is wot ll distroy d whole super eagle team. Wen u select player for d head coach
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by slap1(m): 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
"This team belongs to 165 million people. Selection should affect these people. . ."
How on earth can a human being think like this? How can you ever get a team that the whole Nigeria will approve? Keshi is a professional, and he has proved it with AFCON trophy! Mai-garri or Mai-beans should let him do his job!

6 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by awodman: 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
These guys @ NFF are just looking for ways to come back to their corrupt ways..ashi ashi..ogaghi enwe ishi...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Is The Only African Woman To Score In 3 World Cups. / Tokyo Olympics: Blessing Oborududu Wins Silver In Wrestling / Everton Sign James Rodriguez From Real Madrid For £20 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.