Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,817 members, 7,798,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples (12952 Views)

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri / Efik/ibibio Names And Their Meaning / The Igbo And Ibibio Traditional Wedding;comparing Notes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by pazienza(m): 11:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: Odumchi, this is a nice thread but I think its important to be specific about the kind of Igbo that share those similarities with Efik/Ibibbio. Those of us who are from Anambra,Anioma,Enugu and Imo do not share any cultural similarities with Efik/Ibibbio,at least non that I know of. Moreso,it is paramount to know that most peripheral Igbo in Abia originated from Efik/Ibibbio,hence the cultural similarities. The most undiluted Igbo culture has nothing in common with Efik/Ibibbio. People show take note of this. And I am not saying Abians aren't pure Igbo,either.

What are you talking about? Doesn't eri people share similarities with their igala neighbours? There is nothing like diluted or un diluted igbos,if that was joke, you better stop it already.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by pazienza(m): 11:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
donigspain: Lol...
But on a serious note, how can we unite and move forward if there is this much distrust and segregation amongst us. *shudders*

Don't pay odenigbo any attention,he is on his own,i am from the so called Nri area,but i don't share his opinion.

You lots should not allow this thread to be derailed,it's not always to we other igbos get to hear you lots from bende speak your dialect.

I was really enjoying your dialect when,and i was comparing it with mine and other igbo dialects that i know, your dialect is quite colorful,and i would appreciate it if you guys speak more of it here,while telling us more about your culture and traditions.

Igbo ebuka! Igbo amaka!

1 Like

Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:07am On Jul 04, 2013
donigspain: Udo Nwanne... I withdraw my earlier outburst. *apologies*

Nsogbu adiro. Udo Olisa.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by Afam4eva(m): 12:11am On Jul 04, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Haha;Nekwa nwa Wawa ka ona agbo uja ka nkita....lol
You should be ashamed of yourself. There's no Igbo thread that you don't try to cause disunity with your "We are better than them" bullshite. You better repent ka Chineke gba ala gi.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by Gboliwe: 5:00am On Jul 04, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Sister,we cool,right ? I love you. Iwe unu adina oku. Udo.

I am not mad at you. Just asked that you 'tell me more'. If it will derail this thread, create a new one and tell me who the real and who the diluted Igbos are.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by eagleeye2: 10:52am On Jul 04, 2013
@Gboliwe,
nwanta óhu ösi a dilutu ayi bu ndi Abia? jutu kwaru m' ya m' obu amini oku ka obu a mini oyi?
Onwe ele ndi ifoñ n' eji akpayi uka ra ana adum mńa.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by Gboliwe: 11:07am On Jul 04, 2013
eagle,eye:
@Gboliwe,
nwanta óhu ösi a dilutu ayi bu ndi Abia? jutu kwaru m' ya m' obu amini oku ka obu a mini oyi?
hafu tula onye oluwolu ohu. grin
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
Ojiofor:

You are pathetic and too divisive for my liking..

Nwokem,jilia nwayo. I go headbutt you ooo.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
Gboliwe:
hafu tula onye oluwolu ohu. grin

You see yourself;Yet,after my peace offerings you still went ahead cursing me. I'm very dissapointed,in you.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
[
quote author=eagle,eye]@Gboliwe,
[/quote]

Nwanne,onwero oge m' ji si na ndi Abia aburo ezi Igbo. Na aka nke ozo,aburo m' "nwanta". Biko,weli nwayo guo ife m' delu tupu ikwuo uche gi. Udo.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
Gboliwe:

I am not mad at you. Just asked that you 'tell me more'. If it will derail this thread, create a new one and tell me who the real and who the diluted Igbos are.

I never said Abians aren't real Igbo. Cut the emotions and reread that my initial post,again. Udo.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by Gboliwe: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

I never said Abians aren't real Igbo. Cut the emotions and reread that my initial post,again. Udo.
stop dancing around the question. Its not an Abia on the one hand and others on the other hand affair. So do not restrict it.
You said there are true and diluted Igbos. i want to know who and who is on each group.

Lol @ I am not Nwanta
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by eagleeye2: 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: Odumchi, this is a nice thread but I think its important to be specific about the kind of Igbo that share those similarities with Efik/Ibibbio. Those of us who are from Anambra,Anioma,Enugu and Imo do not share any cultural similarities with Efik/Ibibbio,at least non that I know of. Moreso,it is paramount to know that most peripheral Igbo in Abia originated from Efik/Ibibbio,hence the cultural similarities.

The most undiluted Igbo culture has nothing in common with Efik/Ibibbio.
People show take note of this. And I am not saying Abians aren't pure Igbo,either.

Ihea bu ihe ide. Nda kwanu nke ikpa yi ga tonwa?
I know you have apologised, but next time try to understand that statement like the above could heat up any discussion.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by eagleeye2: 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
@Op,
ka ayi gbe kwa ihea ada akpa.... onwe ike kpacha unu, ya fukwa ihe ojo.
Moreover this is an educative thread.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
pazienza:

What are you talking about? Doesn't eri people share similarities with their igala neighbours? There is nothing like diluted or un diluted igbos,if that was joke, you better stop it already.

The "similarities" you learnt about was the Eri/Nri influence on the Igalas. I'm not aware of any tradition that the borderline Omanbalas(Aguleri,Umuleri) borrowed from the Igalas.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by Ikenganri(m): 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hmmm! Odikwa very risky. But odumchi is the master descriminator. Nri priest take it easy!
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by odumchi: 12:19am On Jul 06, 2013
eagle,eye:
@Op,
ka ayi gbe kwa ihea ada akpa.... onwe ike kpacha unu, ya fukwa ihe ojo.
Moreover this is an educative thread.

Enyi, o nwo aga okwu g'ohu di. Aghosaa m ihe I kwuru m'olu. I si ngen?
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by eagleeye2: 1:15am On Jul 06, 2013
odumchi:

Enyi, o nwo aga okwu g'ohu di. Aghosaa m ihe I kwuru m'olu. I si ngen?
Ma m' si ka ayi gbekwa isi okwu akpa, before ya afu ihe ojo(mmadu ra ibe ya, idu rita aka onu). i ghosala ele mkpa yi?
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by odumchi: 1:57am On Jul 06, 2013
eagle,eye:

Ma m' si ka ayi gbekwa isi okwu akpa, before ya afu ihe ojo(mmadu ra ibe ya, idu rita aka onu). i ghosala ele mkpa yi?

Odighi, aghosagwo m. Biko legwo, were teeri Izugbe suo ya m'o kwan I were Bekee.

I si ka anyi hapu ikpa isi okwu?
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by eagleeye2: 7:20am On Jul 06, 2013
odumchi:

Odighi, aghosagwo m. Biko legwo, were teeri Izugbe suo ya m'o kwan I were Bekee.

I si ka anyi hapu ikpa isi okwu?
I was refering to the back and forth arguement with Odenigbo over the issue of "diluted"..... I said let's forget the issue and focus on this beautiful thread, before it gets to the level of derailment and arguement.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by odumchi: 7:22am On Jul 06, 2013
eagle,eye:

I was refering to the back and forth arguement with Odenigbo over the issue of "diluted"..... I said let's forget the issue and focus on this beautiful thread, before it gets to the level of derailment and arguement.

Oh ok. No problem. Thank you.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by hollywhyte: 4:26am On Sep 23, 2014
remember we r writin history for the next generation
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
Firstly, I must acclaim a truism that tribal bigotry is totally deficient in myself, we the igbos have similarities with the efik and ibibios because we are neighbors and we have fought wars, engaged in trade and other things, ebonyi, abia have boundaries with akwa ibom and crossriver states but apart from that we have no cultural relationship, our ways of life are very different our cultures don't overlap, similar, may be, but in its epicenter totally different, we share no common features with the efik most especially.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by Igbodigr8: 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2016
OdenigboAroli:
Odumchi, this is a nice thread but I think its important to be specific about the kind of Igbo that share those similarities with Efik/Ibibbio. Those of us who are from Anambra,Anioma,Enugu and Imo do not share any cultural similarities with Efik/Ibibbio,at least non that I know of. Moreso,it is paramount to know that most peripheral Igbo in Abia originated from Efik/Ibibbio,hence the cultural similarities. The most undiluted Igbo culture has nothing in common with Efik/Ibibbio. People show take note of this. And I am not saying Abians aren't pure Igbo,either.
. Nwokem, okwu gi ajoka. Mmadu nine bu nnea(ofu) n' ihu Chukwu.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by nsiba: 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2020
OdenigboAroli:
Odumchi, this is a nice thread but I think its important to be specific about the kind of Igbo that share those similarities with Efik/Ibibbio. Those of us who are from Anambra,Anioma,Enugu and Imo do not share any cultural similarities with Efik/Ibibbio,at least non that I know of. Moreso,it is paramount to know that most peripheral Igbo in Abia originated from Efik/Ibibbio,hence the cultural similarities. The most undiluted Igbo culture has nothing in common with Efik/Ibibbio. People show take note of this. And I am not saying Abians aren't pure Igbo,either.

This guy must be Igala, idoma stock of Igbo
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by Nobody: 10:38am On May 02, 2021
OdenigboAroli:

Good one.

Arochukwu was inhabited by the Ibibio people people igbo groups came from further west. A war was fought and the Ibibios lost. They migrated further south and those who didnt were assimilated. A lot of Abia people still bear Ibibio sounding surnames and a lot of cultural assimilation took place aided by marriages etc. The core igbo group, undiluted are those from Anambra/Imo north, that is the igbo center group. Abians have a lot on common with Efik/Ibibio. They even look similar. You would have a hard time telling an Ibibio person apart from an Abian. Anambra people look different and their behavior are different. They possess that enterprising spirit of the Igbos the most.

1 Like

Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by ibibiogrl: 1:43pm On May 28, 2021
espionagesavvy:

Good one.
Arochukwu was inhabited by the Ibibio people people igbo groups came from further west. A war was fought and the Ibibios lost. They migrated further south and those who didnt were assimilated. A lot of Abia people still bear Ibibio sounding surnames and a lot of cultural assimilation took place aided by marriages etc. The core igbo group, undiluted are those from Anambra/Imo north, that is the igbo center group. Abians have a lot on common with Efik/Ibibio. They even look similar. You would have a hard time telling an Ibibio person apart from an Abian. Anambra people look different and their behavior are different. They possess that enterprising spirit of the Igbos the most.
Really undecided I have read this argument once before.
Click on these topics below & tell me the difference between them and Anambra Igbos
https://www.nairaland.com/920423/beauty-calabar-akwa-ibom-women

https://www.nairaland.com/478074/post-pictures-traditional-weddings/16

https://www.nairaland.com/190528/michael-okon-too-hot

http://connoisseurng..com/2012/03/okon-lagos-actor-ime-bishop-umoh.html

2 Likes

Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by SonOfEl(m): 10:28am On Nov 07, 2021
espionagesavvy:

Good one.

Grossly inaccurate.

Igala and Anambra have some mixture.

Edo and Onitsha have some mixture

Trying to be subtle in denigrating is sheer stupidity.

Arochukwu and Ohafia are even more enterprising than most Anambra people
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
SonOfEl:

Grossly inaccurate.

Igala and Anambra have some mixture.

Edo and Onitsha have some mixture

Trying to be subtle in denigrating is sheer stupidity.

Arochukwu and Ohafia are even more enterprising than most Anambra people

You are right, I am wrong.
Re: 11 Factual Similarities Between The Igbo And Ibibio-efik Peoples by Niflheim(m): 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2022
But why the stealing of Ibibio land? This is so shameless!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ijebus Are Not Yoruba !!! / My Tribal Marks / More Nigerian-Americans Are Reaching Highest Levels of Sports - NY Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.