Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World (289910 Views)

Nigeria’s Five Richest Pastors And How They Made Their Wealth / Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back / Forbes: The Five Richest Pastors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by freda506(f): 6:09am On Jan 07, 2014
kenfunmi: For d fact dt nothing is working in ur own life does nt mean its nt working 4 odas.for d fact dt u av nt experienced a miracle does nt mean men of God fake it wen it happens....y don't u do thins wit right heart nd get results....those who re makin waves don't av time 2 criticize
Going by your equation,Lazarus and the poor widow aren't children of God then undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by livingstoneony(m): 6:13am On Jan 07, 2014
wow... I should totally be a pastor.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by GentleMimi: 6:16am On Jan 07, 2014
lovely! The haters are gonna hate and poor folks might attempt suicide! Hahahaha! Looool! But i pray that the grace and gift of being faithful in Christ and still possess the land of my habitation will rest upon me.I shall be rich physically and spiritually...Ameeeeen! I love and admire all the men listed above,especially the first three.....awesome!
For those pained peeps,do u know how many books these men hv written? How many hv sold all around the world?
God,pls may i be great in my generation ooo! I refuse to be by the sideline,beefing the successful ones!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by GentleMimi: 6:21am On Jan 07, 2014
Pastor Kun:

The ignorance being displayed on this thread is mind boggling. undecided
Please be kind enough to grace us wif ur unlimited knowldege,pastor....since folks are ignorant.You sound like u know it all.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Reference(m): 6:23am On Jan 07, 2014
nedu2000: I see this as a very unfortunate development for 'men of God' who should be more concerned with issues of spirituality and not material possessions. Such acquisition of wealth is baffling whereby a new testament reading says "its easier for a camel to squeeze through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God"

It depends on how you look at it my friend. There is only one person in the world who has no one richer than him and only one person that has no one poorer than him moreover the bible says it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom...but these men are already in the kingdom. They are not seeking to enter. And for goodness sake 150million dollars is not particularly rich, certainly not to God who's Word you quote.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by bgxbamar(m): 6:24am On Jan 07, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]a man of God with 4 private jet,church made it easy for church has now turn to business,lord jesus christ take perfect contRol
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Reference(m): 6:30am On Jan 07, 2014
The truth is that if you 'walk' with God closely you are bound to be wealthy whether you like it or not or wish to display it or not. Those that aren't wealthy are not embracing the scriptures 'in totality' choosing rather to pick parts of the menu. Its not God's fault. Poverty is a product of sin (read Genesis). It has no association with God. Nothing to be proud of. Even governments fight it and we expect God to pat poverty on the back.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by nkpommpko(m): 6:33am On Jan 07, 2014
m.k.o2005:

Did the scripture says it's not possible ? It only said it is difficult but with God all things are possible ! Don't be surprise that by the time u die wretched (not ur potion though)you will meet these men there in heaven becos i pray u make it to heaven !
God help us
continue twisting your bible with english
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Crixina(f): 6:33am On Jan 07, 2014
pheyikemi: @ Op, can't find ur name on the list.
but op I saw footballer there not MOG or I'm I blind now?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Dawdy(m): 6:35am On Jan 07, 2014
jointarena: Jesus Visits Dying Muslim Man, Nasir Siddiki In Toronto Hospital, Brings Healing [A MUST READ]

Nasir Siddiki , 34, Nasir Siddiki, a successful business man, had made his first million, but money meant nothing to him on his deathbed.

Diagnosed with the worst case of shingles ever admitted to Toronto General Hospital , his immune system shut down and doctors left him to die.

Nasir Siddiki, Left to Die
The next morning I woke in a sterile room on the eighth floor of the hospital, my skin burning as though someone had doused me in gasoline and lit a
match. I felt on fire from the inside out.

My doctor arrived and looked at me in wonder. “The blisters are multiplying so fast I can literally watch them grow,” he said. ‘”Your body isn’t fighting back.”

The next morning, in addition to shingles, I had chicken pox from head to toe. I was put in strict isolation. That evening my temperature soared to 107.6 degrees — hot enough to leave my brain permanently scrambled.

For days I continued to deteriorate. My nerve endings became so inflamed that a hair drifting across my skin sent shock waves of fire rippling through my body. By week’s end, I was listed in critical condition.

My Last Hope
In life, I’d been bold, self confident, a risk taker. But facing death, I was terrified. I had no idea what might await me on the other side. I’d been raised as a Muslem in London , England , and I understood Allah was not a God who heals.

My only hope was in medicine.
I eventually slipped so close to death that the doctors didn’t know I could hear them when they examined me. “His immune system has simply shut down,” one of them said.

“He’s dying,” the other confirmed. “His immune system must be compromised by AIDS.”
I don’t have AIDS! I wanted to shout, but I couldn’t form the words. Then it hit me. He said I’m dying!

The doctors spoke quietly to my co-worker, Anita. “In a few hours he’ll be dead,” they said. “If by some miracle he lives, he’ll probably be blind in his right eye, deaf in his right ear, paralyzed on his right side and he may be severely brain damaged from the high fever.”

Then they left.
They left me here to die! I felt like a drowning man going down for the third time. Gathering my strength I whispered a prayer. “God, if you’re real, don’t let me die!”
- See more at: http://www.jointarena.com/2013/08/jesus-visits-dying-muslim-man-nasir.html#.Ugyu45I3su4
This is how you guys connive with people to cook up a story so that you can deceive non understanding Muslims. smh!
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Dawdy(m): 6:35am On Jan 07, 2014
jointarena: Jesus Visits Dying Muslim Man, Nasir Siddiki In Toronto Hospital, Brings Healing [A MUST READ]

Nasir Siddiki , 34, Nasir Siddiki, a successful business man, had made his first million, but money meant nothing to him on his deathbed.

Diagnosed with the worst case of shingles ever admitted to Toronto General Hospital , his immune system shut down and doctors left him to die.

Nasir Siddiki, Left to Die
The next morning I woke in a sterile room on the eighth floor of the hospital, my skin burning as though someone had doused me in gasoline and lit a
match. I felt on fire from the inside out.

My doctor arrived and looked at me in wonder. “The blisters are multiplying so fast I can literally watch them grow,” he said. ‘”Your body isn’t fighting back.”

The next morning, in addition to shingles, I had chicken pox from head to toe. I was put in strict isolation. That evening my temperature soared to 107.6 degrees — hot enough to leave my brain permanently scrambled.

For days I continued to deteriorate. My nerve endings became so inflamed that a hair drifting across my skin sent shock waves of fire rippling through my body. By week’s end, I was listed in critical condition.

My Last Hope
In life, I’d been bold, self confident, a risk taker. But facing death, I was terrified. I had no idea what might await me on the other side. I’d been raised as a Muslem in London , England , and I understood Allah was not a God who heals.

My only hope was in medicine.
I eventually slipped so close to death that the doctors didn’t know I could hear them when they examined me. “His immune system has simply shut down,” one of them said.

“He’s dying,” the other confirmed. “His immune system must be compromised by AIDS.”
I don’t have AIDS! I wanted to shout, but I couldn’t form the words. Then it hit me. He said I’m dying!

The doctors spoke quietly to my co-worker, Anita. “In a few hours he’ll be dead,” they said. “If by some miracle he lives, he’ll probably be blind in his right eye, deaf in his right ear, paralyzed on his right side and he may be severely brain damaged from the high fever.”

Then they left.
They left me here to die! I felt like a drowning man going down for the third time. Gathering my strength I whispered a prayer. “God, if you’re real, don’t let me die!”
- See more at: http://www.jointarena.com/2013/08/jesus-visits-dying-muslim-man-nasir.html#.Ugyu45I3su4
This is how you guys connive with people to cook up a story so that you can deceive non understanding Muslims. smh!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by nkpommpko(m): 6:37am On Jan 07, 2014
Reference: The truth is that if you 'walk' with God closely you are bound to be wealthy whether you like it or not or wish to display it or not. Those that aren't wealthy are not embracing the scriptures 'in totality' choosing rather to pick parts of the menu. Its not God's fault. Poverty is a product of sin (read Genesis). It has no association with God. Nothing to be proud of. Even governments fight it and we expect God to pat poverty on the back.
moderation, modesty. Does that ring a bell? What of greed etc, hmm
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by VirginFinder: 6:49am On Jan 07, 2014
Why do Igbos never make these international lists?

Is that why most of them are here beefing?

Would they be beefing if no Yoruba were in the list? I guess not!

Yorubas will always tower well above Igbos!!

It is well!!!
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Reference(m): 6:50am On Jan 07, 2014
omartins:
But Jesus ask a rich man to dash out his belongings to the poor before he can follow him, he said you can't serve two master at the same time without cherish one than other. That's GOD and MONEY. He didn't say God and Devil, Jesus know what devil will use to deceive his followers. And he his busy using it and excelling.

Another misconception. They are serving God and He is paying them. They are not looking for money. There are other ways of making far more money than what they do. There are businessmen of all sorts who are far richer than them who seek after money. But when you seek after the kingdom of God and the Righteousness of God the Word says wealth will be bestowed on you. It is a deal between God and man. Wealth in Christianity is normal. Poverty is not.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Jesuspistol(m): 6:50am On Jan 07, 2014
nedu2000: I see this as a very unfortunate development for 'men of God' who should be more concerned with issues of spirituality and not material possessions. Such acquisition of wealth is baffling whereby a new testament reading says "its easier for a camel to squeeze through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God"

Guy stop being ignorant. Why wouid you say its unfortunate. Who told you they are not concerned with issues of spirituality. Must you die as a poor christian? The sacrifices they've bore for spiritual issues, you never bear half of it. You claim to serve a big God yet unbelievers are richer than you. If the earth is the lords and its fulness thereof, then those who belong to him should have more of the fulness than unbelievers.

Let me ask you a question... If you do something so pleasing to an elderly man/woman and he was so impressed and blessed you saying..'Son you will prosper in life, you go rich well well you go even buy aeroplane'. ..won't you say amen? Yet you are saying owning of jet is unfortunate. That means you don't believe the aeroplane prayer, you just said amen.

I know its people like you that will change mouth when real money comes your way. Guy change your views o

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by flyingdutchman(m): 6:54am On Jan 07, 2014
Satan wan use you OP abi? My only concern is making heaven. Jesus never moved around with a calculator trying to judge people. Some of these properries are gifts given to them. While some are hardworking actors and producers...
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by cryptic99: 6:55am On Jan 07, 2014
Bishop David Oyedepo knows about this list and he told the congregation on a sunday, "This is nonsense, your pastor is worth more than 150 million. Your pastor is a billionaire," to resounding cheers from the crowd. He was visibly angry. He considers this classification insulting. I don't know about the others though.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Deiok(m): 6:55am On Jan 07, 2014
So most of the richest men of God are Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by 1stola: 6:56am On Jan 07, 2014
[size=28pt]Gatheration of maga Nigerian tithe money [/size] tongue
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Lovine: 6:57am On Jan 07, 2014
Well I think its more better if these Pastors were poor, then what would be our reactions?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by omusiliyu(m): 6:58am On Jan 07, 2014
Nigeria has the highest number of Pastor-church in the world, along a street u can see more than 20churches with funny names....and see the way Nigerians are behaving. Corruption, kidnapping, broad-day light robbery....terrorism have come to stay.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 07, 2014
Even with all d noise and body guards chris okotie is not even among the top ten. Empty vessels make the loudest noise
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Sike(m): 6:59am On Jan 07, 2014
5 nigerian pastors out of 10

you now wonder who the most gullible people are in africa
!
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by michkenokey(m): 7:02am On Jan 07, 2014
It's a paradox that while many pastors in Nigeria for instance are living in mega affluence, most of their congregations are living in abject poverty! Yet, they are still expected to show their offerings to God at least two times in a week or more depending on the church, pay their tithes, do second collection, sow seeds of blessings, do donations as God loves a cheerful giver . . . What is Oyedepo for instance doing with four private jets when thousands of his worshippers cannot afford ordinary bicycle? Even if they are gifts from pple or that there wealths are as a result of investments in real estate, they should emulate the Malawian president, Mrs Joyce Banda who as part of a government move on austerity measures in October 2012, cut her salary by 30%. She recently announced that the presidential jet would be sold to help the poor Malawians. It's high time these men of God started doling out part of their wealth in assisting the less privileged ones in our society. That is how to be close to God. I however, commend T.B Joshua for his untiring philanthropic gestures to the
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Reference(m): 7:03am On Jan 07, 2014
nkpom mpko: moderation, modesty. Does that ring a bell? What of greed etc, hmm

Or looking poor you mean to feel among because there are so many poor people around so you don't want to feel guilty. Jesus died to set us free including the guilt of wealth.

I am not a pastor but in my position there are many things I donot buy with money and have in abundance because people just give them to me. It is normal to be have things when you positively influence people and seeking after God positions you for that. Please poverty is not normal no matter how much of it you see around.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by dabiko(m): 7:03am On Jan 07, 2014
Virgin Finder: Why do Igbos never make these international lists?

Is that why most of them are here beefing?

Would they be beefing if no Yoruba were in the list? I guess not!

Yorubas will always tower well above Igbos!!

It is well!!!
Hey,are you upto 18?You sound like a J.S 1 student.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 07, 2014
You said my mind. Poor research from sideline. Replace the millions with billion dollars then u cud be coming close to the truth. Oyedepo is the richest pastor in the world. PS: winners chapel has a minimum of 10 churches in EACH african country. 47countries * 10 = 470churches + nigeria(36 * 15 = 540churches). Total = 1010 churches in africa. Estimate wot each church brings per month to headquarters in otta. I am not talking of UK and America now. I hv not included those ones yet plus the ones littered in all parts of each stte in Nigeria. With this, do the maths and see what comes to Otta church in ogun per month. In each state in nigeria, winners hv an average of 15 churches both in rural n urban locations. I serve a wealthy God. Key into this blessingn yu wil be blessed. Bless you!
mazaje:

True, the wealth of most of the Nigerian pastors on the list is grossly underestimated. . . How can they say that Oyedepo is worth only 150 million usd?. . . Pastor Chris Oyaks 50 million usd?. . .
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by manny4life(m): 7:05am On Jan 07, 2014
dabiko: Hey,are you upto 18?You sound like a J.S 1 student.

It's you who has time to answer him...
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Sylvarresta(m): 7:06am On Jan 07, 2014
Let me tell u, pple nowadays doesn't want hear anytin abt d Gospel... They prefer prosperity and dis pastors are telln dem wat de want hear.... No pastor can just collect money 4rm me because I knw d truth ' you shall knw the truth and truth shall set u free. John8:32
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by manny4life(m): 7:07am On Jan 07, 2014
When God blesses the people who in turn bless the Man of God, why would you blame the pastors? In my church for instance, with more than 1,000 people, people willingly offer their tithes and offering into Gods store house, why blame the MOG?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Delaw8: 7:09am On Jan 07, 2014
Joshuaforever: Most people don't know the scriptures. The bible says that He(Jesus) was made poor so that through his poverty, we might be made rich. When worldly people(sinners) get rich, no one complains but when men of God get rich people are upset. The bible says it is God that gives power to get wealth.
To "like" your post is an understatement. I "love" your post. In addition, God says, He wish us above all things that we may prosper. Prosperity is of God. Also the scriptures says the earth is the LORD's and the fullness thereof. How can ur father own the earth and you are poor? God forbid!!!
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Gozychuks(m): 7:15am On Jan 07, 2014
Why are u quoting d bible half way. Read d full version and story behind dat statement

Luke 18:18-27
King James Version (KJV)
18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

26 And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved?

27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School / Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil / "ONLINE DELIVERANCE WITH THE GOD OF ELIJAH"-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.