Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Woman Beater - How To Know Them - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman Beater - How To Know Them (18834 Views)

Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater / Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater / Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 8:47pm On May 15, 2008
a woman who stays home and raises her kids while the husband works,where would she leave to
would you provide transportation and a place of abode?
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Dreloaded(f): 8:48pm On May 15, 2008
tboy1:

not really- did you not hear of the one that happened in uk either this week or last week. she left him and pressed charges, he was arrested and he got bail, from the police statioon the guy went straight to where she was and killed his wife - he's on the run now

Probably 4Play
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 15, 2008
Posted by: Busta

But really, I don’t understand why a girl with stay with an abusive husband or boyfriend.

them say love is blind grin grin grin grin
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Play(m): 8:49pm On May 15, 2008
tboy1:

not really- did you not hear of the one that happened in uk either this week or last week. she left him and pressed charges, he was arrested and he got bail, from the police statioon the guy went straight to where she was and killed his wife - he's on the run now

Nope. . .actually,what I heard yesterday was about the woman who tried to strangle her husband who was crippled with arthritis.She said she couldn't cope with living with a crippled man and tried to kill him many times,including bashing him on the head repeatedly with a stick before trying to drown him.

These are still isolated cases.Women face greater physical danger by staying than leaving.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by debosky(m): 8:50pm On May 15, 2008
@ Busta

why are you asking 4Play 'what did you do?' ? Isn't that the same question D-R say some men ask when they hear about a woman beaten by a man?

Like babyO said, this issue cannot be easily generalized - some men will beat a woman regardless of whether she does anything wrong - the truth is, in their heads, she will ALWAYS do something to warrant the beating.

In other cases, the woman may do something to infuriate the man or make him angry, but poor anger management results in this manifesting as beating. Now this is NOT justifying anything, ANY form of physical violence (except corrective beating/spanking administered to children in a loving manner) is WRONG

Finally I take exception to this statement Osisi

'all men are pre-disposed to physical abuse'

Where did you get that from? I have argued endlessly with my male and female friends to the point people thought we would soon start slapping each other and it has never led to that. Where are you getting your idea of pre-disposition from?

I take serious exception to that notion that all men are predisposed to beating. Its like saying all women are predisposed to being rude insulting, denigrating and provoking hence leading to beatings - how would you like that?
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by tboy1(m): 8:50pm On May 15, 2008
4 Him:

tboy i have a question - why are all the women you know in abusive relationships?  grin

grin grin
not really only about 4 or 5 of them, u want another story  grin grin grin
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by tboy1(m): 8:52pm On May 15, 2008
4 Play:

Nope. . .actually,what I heard yesterday was about the woman who tried to strangle her husband who was crippled with arthritis.She said she couldn't cope with living with a crippled man and tried to kill him many times,including bashing him on the head repeatedly with a stick before trying to drown him.
These are still isolated cases.Women face greater physical danger by staying than leaving.

what are you talking about? did she not leave her husband?
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Busta(f): 8:53pm On May 15, 2008
The worst is beating a pregnant woman. The person is carrying YOUR CHILD, and u still hit her?
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 8:54pm On May 15, 2008
debosky:

@ Busta

why are you asking 4Play 'what did you do?' ? Isn't that the same question D-R say some men ask when they hear about a woman beaten by a man?

Like babyO said, this issue cannot be easily generalized - some men will beat a woman regardless of whether she does anything wrong - the truth is, in their heads, she will ALWAYS do something to warrant the beating.

In other cases, the woman may do something to infuriate the man or make him angry, but poor anger management results in this manifesting as beating. Now this is NOT justifying anything, ANY form of physical violence (except corrective beating/spanking administered to children in a loving manner) is WRONG

Finally I take exception to this statement Osisi

'all men are pre-disposed to physical abuse'

Where did you get that from? I have argued endlessly with my male and female friends to the point people thought we would soon start slapping each other and it has never led to that. Where are you getting your idea of pre-disposition from?

I take serious exception to that notion that all men are predisposed to beating. Its like saying all women are predisposed to being rude insulting, denigrating and provoking hence leading to beatings - how would you like that?

If 60 percent of women who are murdered are murdered by their husbands or lovers,some even after they've fled
and almost the other 40% are in the hands of other men.
And most men even in this discussion find it necessary to lay the blame on the woman,I have no choice but make that assertion that all men are prone to abuse
But remember that I added that self control plays a part in whether they carry it out or not.

please don't be offended.
You have made more sense than most other men in this discussion.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Play(m): 8:55pm On May 15, 2008
tboy1:

what are you talking about? did she not leave her husband?

Yes. . .but there are literally millions of women who left their husband and have never been harmed and many who won't be alive today if they stayed.

You are talking as if most or many women who leave get killed.That nonsense.Lives are better saved by leaving than staying.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 15, 2008
not really only about 4 or 5 of them, u want another story

buhehehehehe undertaker's story roflmao
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by tboy1(m): 8:58pm On May 15, 2008
jennykadry:

buhehehehehe undertaker's story roflmao

grin grin grin
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 8:58pm On May 15, 2008
4 Play:

Yes. . .but there are literally millions of women who left their husband and have never been harmed and many who won't be alive today if they stayed.

You are talking as if most or many women who leave get killed.That nonsense.Lives are better saved by leaving than staying.

YOu keep going round in circles,leave to where?
Do you know there are people who have nowhere to go
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Play(m): 9:00pm On May 15, 2008
sheniqua:

YOu keep going round in circles,leave to where?
Do you know there are people who have nowhere to go

So the Londoner didn't have anywhere to go?
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 9:00pm On May 15, 2008
4 Play:

yes and there are millions who left are are in hiding and bondage the rest of their lives.
The focus should be why do men abuse women.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 15, 2008
tboy give us another hokogan story cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 9:03pm On May 15, 2008
Saying an abusive woman should leave and the problem is solved is as good as saying you put a bandage on a festering ulcer and it heals when there are other bullae about to burst open to more ulcers.
The underlying question should be why there are multiple ulcers in the first place.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by debosky(m): 9:04pm On May 15, 2008
@ Osisi

I don't take that self control 'excuse' at all. Would you accept that ALL women are predisposed to being rude, insulting, trifling, and completely irresponsible but exercise self control? Or If I say women are basically stupid because they get cheated on by men but some of them exercise self control and use their brains?

You can quote whatever statistics you want - it doesn't mean it applies to all men.

Wife beating and spousal violence in general is wrong, but now beginning to add a 'pre-disposed' aspect to it is completely unacceptable.

While we are trying to find out why men abuse women, lets not get caught up and over-generalize.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Play(m): 9:08pm On May 15, 2008
@Debosky

Did I not suggest that Sheniqua was more interested in male-bashing than in physical abuse per se? When I mentioned the physical abuse meted out by women,she became annoyed.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by tboy1(m): 9:09pm On May 15, 2008
jennykadry:

tboy give us another hokogan story cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

hahahahaha grin grin grin - i was chicken in the other one oo
I ran away from her when i found out she was leaving in a hostel because she was hiding from her husband who woke her up with a knife and tried to kill her. Till today she still calls me and i'm still running. I can't be hulk hogan in that one because the guy is confirmed killer and would not hesitate to finish me if he finds me on top of his wife  grin grin grin  - i'm still running till today
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 9:10pm On May 15, 2008
debosky:

@ Osisi

I don't take that self control 'excuse' at all. Would you accept that ALL women are predisposed to being rude, insulting, trifling, and completely irresponsible but exercise self control? Or If I say women are basically stupid because they get cheated on by men but some of them exercise self control and use their brains?

You can quote whatever statistics you want - it doesn't mean it applies to all men.

Wife beating and spousal violence in general is wrong, but now beginning to add a 'pre-disposed' aspect to it is completely unacceptable.

While we are trying to find out why men abuse women, lets not get caught up and over-generalize.

I'm sure you've heard of androgenic hormones like tesosterone
That is the reason men are more aggressive than women.
Most violence is done by men despite the fact that women out number men
This is not my statistics
even cases of ADD, mental illnesses,alcoholisms,predilection to addictive behaviours are more common in males
most thieves,robbers,killers,rapists and abusers are men
Have you wondered why?
men are wired differently.

I am in no way bashing men,I'm just stating a fact which we all know.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Him1(m): 9:10pm On May 15, 2008
tboy1 defender of the spineless females.  grin

A man beats you and you remain with him then perhaps you like the constant flogging. By all means stay there.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Him1(m): 9:11pm On May 15, 2008
Sheniqua is busy quoting statistics . . . if only it would save those who have been dispatched to the great beyond for closing their mouths when the blows were raining down.

Anyone, we'll just keep filing the stats away in our register. Anyone else being flogged constantly at home?
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Play(m): 9:12pm On May 15, 2008
4 Him:

tboy1 defender of the spineless females. grin

A man beats you and you remain with him then perhaps you like the constant flogging. By all means stay there.

No. . .they are staying because they want a roof over their head and money for food.Nice trade off. . .beatings for accommodation.

How can someone living in the West stay with a man because of food and accommodation.Some women simply need to demonstrate some courage.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 15, 2008
@tboy1
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

hehehehehehehehe this guy u too like i too sabi,y e be say na for only married woman matter u dey pit ya mouth,abi don't u know that what God has joined together ,let tboy1 not use his fighting skills to put asunder
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 9:14pm On May 15, 2008
4 Him:

Sheniqua is busy quoting statistics . . . if only it would save those who have been dispatched to the great beyond for closing their mouths when the blows were raining down.

Anyone, we'll just keep filing the stats away in our register. Anyone else being flogged constantly at home?

I'm in no way advocating an abused woman should stay
I have a career I would leave.
But it's not as easy for others as some of you may think.
It's especially harder even in our societies where the only place she may be leaving to is to her parent's see me I see you
and they may not even want her there
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by tboy1(m): 9:16pm On May 15, 2008
jennykadry:

@tboy1
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
hehehehehehehehe this guy u too like i too sabi,y e be say na for only married woman matter u dey pit ya mouth,abi don't u know that what God has joined together ,let tboy1 not use his fighting skills to put asunder

grin grin grin i never knew she was married until she told me the story
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Play(m): 9:17pm On May 15, 2008
@sheniqua

More women and kids have lost their lives by staying with abusive women.Stop wasting your time telling us women should put a price on their and their kids physical wellbeing.

If they have a career,they should leave,if they don't,they should stay and receive their constant dose of beatings. What nonsense.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 15, 2008

grin grin grin i never knew she was married until she told me the story

roflmao , cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy how come u keep meeting married women undecided im sure that is d way other men too will meet ya wife,watever seed tboy1 sows he must reap(galatians 6:7) cool cool wink
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Him1(m): 9:20pm On May 15, 2008
sheniqua:

I'm in no way advocating an abused woman should stay
I have a career I would leave.
But it's not as easy for others as some of you may think.
It's especially harder even in our societies where the only place she may be leaving to is to her parent's see me I see you
and they may not even want her there

tboy's sister was living in the UK . . . if she's legal she can always leave and even get free benefits because of her son.
What was she doing taking 6 yrs of beating for?

I hear some women like to be beaten before sex . . . maybe its true.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by debosky(m): 9:23pm On May 15, 2008
Ok oh Osisi, I hear you

so if I say more women get cheated on than men, it means men are more intelligent and the women are less so I hope you would agree.

Androgenic hormones or not, being aggressive does not mean I will beat anybody.

Most violence is done by men eh?

Men also achieve more house building, wealth generation, scientific advances, medical breakthroughs, and poverty alleviation activities, more of everything (except maybe childbearing and cursing grin) than women.

What exactly is your point here?

Ok is this acceptable:

Women are predisposed to chasing rich men since rich men are likely to be more providing for offspring, regardless of whether they will be faithful or not. its because of the way they are wired.

I'm not trying to belabour the point, but such generalizations are wrong - Aggression should not be mistaken with DRIVE or the need to 'achieve' or do something.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Busta(f): 9:26pm On May 15, 2008
@debo,

I am beginning to suspect that u are a wife beater too angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Inside Vagina & Inside Your Mouth Look The Same... / guys,get in here if u want to get that pink lip that attract ladies{updated!) / Take A Selfie And Upload Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.