Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,157 members, 7,807,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Website/blog Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website/blog Review (530 Views)

Blog Review, Best Plugins For Wordpress, Adsense Help / Blog Review / Blog Review: Top 4 Best Blogging Platforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website/blog Review by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2013
This is a website blog I am putting together for a pastor.
He wants to use it as a daily devotional writings.
I did it from scratch. I will work on a custom CMS that will be powering the blog.
His color is #000 to #aaa.
I tried making it simple.
The latest blog will appear at the top.
Then following day, the previous one will drop down and join one of those previous blogs under the latest blog.
The blog will not be a long essay. It will be a daily short notes from the pastor and his wife.

Check and tell me what you think.
http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/pastor-blog
Re: Website/blog Review by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 10:02pm On Jul 01, 2013
Just checked it out, it's nice. I actually love simplicity myself.
Re: Website/blog Review by remmyz(m): 8:52am On Jul 02, 2013
@ graphicplus. pls do u know of any open source that can be used for online video training like Linda.com. basically wat I need is sometin that I will be able to upload video tutorials, only Ppl that register as student will have access to it, video wont be downloadable and social share will be present. hoping to hear from you soon.

regards
Re: Website/blog Review by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:20am On Jul 02, 2013
remmyz: @ graphicplus. pls do u know of any open source that can be used for online video training like Linda.com. basically wat I need is sometin that I will be able to upload video tutorials, only Ppl that register as student will have access to it, video wont be downloadable and social share will be present. hoping to hear from you soon.

regards

I dont know of any open source. You have to stream the video instead of hosting the file. By so doing, the video will be very difficult, (but not impossible) to download. Again, it will discourage some students from subscribing because most of them will like to watch the tutorials again and again offline without been forced to be online in order to save some bandwidth.

You can use the services of https://www.viddler.com. They are the people powering udemy.com online video tutorials. They will stream the videos directly from server instead of hosting the video files. Their services is superb and they are leading in online video streaming services, but it will cost you some bucks like 50USD per month for 100GB storage.

I suggest you just upload your videos in mp4 or flv and allow members to download them. They will not sell it. Even if they sell it, the people that buy the videos will see the intro of the video which will carry the url of your training website. It will even drive more traffic to the website because people will like to check out the main owner of the video tutorials.

(1) (Reply)

Web Designing/programmering Instructor Needed For Employment. / Help On Writting Database And Website Proposals / Now That Adsense Is Getting Difficult By The Day,which Advert Company Is The Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.