Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:33 PM

Connecting Apple To The Net - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Connecting Apple To The Net (1005 Views)

Apple To Unveil Gold Version Of Iphone 5S Next Month [PHOTOS] - See More At: Htt / .... / To Order On The Net And Ship To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Connecting Apple To The Net by iyeyemi: 1:28pm On May 15, 2008
Hi guys.

Well am in a bit of a predicament. I bought an apple macbook recently and i have been trying to hook up to the net. But so far no ISP seems to be able to do this. Does anyone know how i can solve this problem cause i really love this machine but without internet connection ,

Thanks
Re: Connecting Apple To The Net by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:09pm On May 15, 2008
Which isp do you have in mind, is it dialup?
Re: Connecting Apple To The Net by iyeyemi: 7:51pm On May 15, 2008
I have checked for dial up and broad band opportunities and what i was told was to try and get xp on the hard drive or something like that
Re: Connecting Apple To The Net by brume2020: 10:03pm On May 15, 2008
Ideally connecting to an ISP for broadband internet should be Operating System agnostic. Neither should it matter what specific computing device is connected through the ethernet interface. As long as your computing device (Apple Macbook in this case) has the right software drivers for your ethernet interface and you are running a standard DHCP client and other network client software services required, etc.

Arent there ISPs in Nigeria that provide a connection using the standard ethernet interface?. i.e something of this sorrt :-

Your PCs Ethernet interace <--->Ethernet port on rf/cable modem<-->RF/Cable Interface on radio/cable Modem<-->ISPs Servers

I know IPNX provides such a connection.

Perhaps there are other knowledgable folks who can pitch in?.

peace

Brume

PS: You may find some interesting information in the following thread/posts :-

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-67946.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-67946.0.html#msg1328503

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-67946.0.html#msg1328791
Re: Connecting Apple To The Net by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:09am On May 17, 2008
I don't use microsoft, am a linux user, and yet i still use isp in nigeria. I have friends that use reltel starcomms accelon etc on linux
Re: Connecting Apple To The Net by omonoba: 9:55am On May 21, 2008
if u have a windows laptop or pc u can buy internet service from reltel,starcoms or visaphone.u will need wireless accesspoint to share the internet access which your macbook can now connect to. smiley Thats what i had to do to be able to use my vista and macbook on my reltel internet link.or in the alternative buy reltels PDA phone with internet bundle and u can connect thru that with the PDA's bluetooth.Call me if u need info 08054642265
Re: Connecting Apple To The Net by cutetotalk: 11:38pm On Feb 04, 2012
We have Stock of Various Cable Modems

Motorola 5100 Cable Modems
Motorola 5120 Cable Modems

Arris Cable Modems
Terayon Cable Modems
Thomson Cable Modems
Webstar Cable Modems

HAVILAH RIVERS ENTERPRISES
SUITE 28, 30/31 POWA SHOPPING PLAZA
BESIDE SPRING BANK,
COMPUTER VILLAGE, IKEJA
LAGOS NIGERIA
Phone:
0803-388-2488,
0805-366-3992,
01-825-1561.
e-mail: havilahrivers@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Needed Urgently - Gsm Site Building Coys(civil Works) / Have Any Used This Alternator Power Booster Stuff? / Dell Latitude D600

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.