Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (40346 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Fynline(m): 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
Don Oms:
Yes, by God's grace I squeezed into Round 2. As a brilliant Engineer who likes writing & poetry without studying Art technically, my joy is that my poetry isn't seen as crap. I just think we all should be encouraged to be better poets than ourselves. We just could hit the Hall of Fame someday.

@ Don oms u are right neither am i of the ARTS only came upon peotry as a means of expression. I attepmted the challenge only because i wanted a public critique of my work so i can know if i can truly call myself a poet-now i know...i did not even pick my best just randomly selected two from which i chose one to enter the competition. Even at this level i am satisfied.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by DonOms(m): 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
Cuddles: Information for Round 2 Contestants:

Start booking your slots now, no mistakes this time. Read the instructions carefully. Any confusion would mean immediate dismissal.

Book your slots here---->https://www.nairaland.com/1397637/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2

To see if you qualify for round 2, click here --->https://www.nairaland.com/1344077/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2/18#17441737

For the list of topics --->https://www.nairaland.com/1344077/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2/11#16895661

Thanks
Miss Cuddlemii! Please check the Round 2 thread. You reserved a spot & "Spongeback" reserved a spot too; neither of you numbered your spots and instruction says reserve 2 spots & number them.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
Don Oms:
Miss Cuddlemii! Please check the Round 2 thread. You reserved a spot & "Spongeback" reserved a spot too; neither of you numbered your spots and instruction says reserve 2 spots & number them.

Yours should be - "Reserved for Number 1"

Followed by the topic you've chosen

Thanks
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by DonOms(m): 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
Fynline:

@ Don oms u are right neither am i of the ARTS only came upon peotry as a means of expression. I attepmted the challenge only because i wanted a public critique of my work so i can know if i can truly call myself a poet-now i know...i did not even pick my best just randomly selected two from which i chose one to enter the competition. Even at this level i am satisfied.
Same here! I once submitted 3 poems for one to be published in a newspaper column & none was picked, so I just wanted a critique of my work as well so as to open rooms for improvement. It's a good thing Cuddlemii has done here.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by chistar01(m): 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hey HBG, I don't know how to contact my designer 'PINS' and I don't have a link to his/her profile or email, so how exactly are we to get in touch, shouldn't they drop a means of communication to make things easier? sad
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by DonOms(m): 1:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Yours should be - "Reserved for Number 1"

Followed by the topic you've chosen

Thanks
Ok ma'am! But I haven't picked a topic yet o. *still booting* And by d way, you have no intention of indicating which topics are 20/10/5 pointers, do you ma'am?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
Don Oms:
Ok ma'am! But I haven't picked a topic yet o. *still booting* And by d way, you have no intention of indicating which topics are 20/10/5 pointers, do you ma'am?

Done. Check again.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by OMA4U(m): 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Don Oms:
Yes, by God's grace I squeezed into Round 2. As a brilliant Engineer who likes writing & poetry without studying Art technically, my joy is that my poetry isn't seen as crap. I just think we all should be encouraged to be better poets than ourselves. We just could hit the Hall of Fame someday.

Good to hear that you made it. It's true, we could hit the Hall of Fame someday.
Bro, writing is not easy, especially being an engineering student like myself. I didn't make it, but that doesn't deter me. Show must continue, writing is my hobby.

Put in all your effort, you must qualify for the next round. I'm already a fan of yours. Fire on, bro. More ink to your pen
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by badmusace(m): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
erm...so Mr. classicdea, how do we roll?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by DonOms(m): 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
OMA4U:

Good to hear that you made it. It's true, we could hit the Hall of Fame someday.
Bro, writing is not easy, especially being an engineering student like myself. I didn't make it, but that doesn't deter me. Show must continue, writing is my hobby.

Put in all your effort, you must qualify for the next round. I'm already a fan of yours. Fire on, bro. More ink to your pen
I like your spirit bro... truly, the show must go on. I hope to publish a book in the nearest future. Thanks for your encouragement, I'll do my best whether or not it leads anywhere.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
chistar01: Hey HBG, I don't know how to contact my designer 'PINS' and I don't have a link to his/her profile or email, so how exactly are we to get in touch, shouldn't they drop a means of communication to make things easier? sad
I will work something out, please bear with me.

In the meantime, please all the those who will be doing round2, drop your email addresses on the address cuddles gave you, (nairalandpoets@yahoo.com) the topic should be; Round2 then your address, with your poet submission number so that I can link you guys with the designers.

Same goes for the designers

Kea leboha.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by newacca: 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
Don Oms:
Hi cuddlemii,
I have already reserved my space,before I realized that the poster before me had reserved only 1 space without number.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
newacca:
Hi cuddlemii,
I have already reserved my space,before I realized that the poster before me had reserved only 1 space without number.
Hi

We will get the first person's reserved space removed, to avoid confussion. Please choose a hot topic for round two and just follow the rules.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tosdam(m): 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
I felt ve hurt myself, i never take the competiton so serious... I submitted the least of my poem n was rated last 6 contestant, actually i know my poem(THE FORTUNE TELLER) Lack some poetic licence, rule n rhyme..... I feel cheating myself cos i never take it serious, just saw the competiton online n paste one of my poem in my journal.....

Great to the moderator, like the u organise everything... I was the one who sent u a message requesting on how i was judge but ve seen it....

Wishing to be part of this next time n give my best shot.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
Tosdam: I felt ve hurt myself, i never take the competiton so serious... I submitted the least of my poem n was rated last 6 contestant, actually i know my poem(THE FORTUNE TELLER) Lack some poetic licence, rule n rhyme..... I feel cheating myself cos i never take it serious, just saw the competiton online n paste one of my poem in my journal.....

Great to the moderator, like the u organise everything... I was the one who sent u a message requesting on how i was judge but ve seen it....

Wishing to be part of this next time n give my best shot.

Thank you very much for participating. All 58 contestants are winners! We just needed a few to make it to the next round because of the complexity involved. If it were possible to move everyone to the next round, in fact if I had enough designers, I would do it regardless of the stress it might incur.

By the way, I would just use this opportunity to clarify things, please simply refer to me as Cuddlemii, Cuddles, Cuddle or even Cuddy. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Irshittabey: 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
OMA4U:

Likewise me, those ones from the faculty of art tend to write better than us. But anyway, forward ever.
You are right about that,but for us, we've got the passion for writing
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Jcob(m): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
Damn! Where did I see August 16th as end of submission for round 1? My poem was ready since last week but decided to submit tonight. Any hope?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
Jcob: Damn! Where did I see August 16th as end of submission for round 1? My poem was ready since last week but decided to submit tonight. Any hope?
Next time dear
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Hi

We will get the first person's reserved space removed, to avoid confussion. Please choose a hot topic for round two and just follow the rules.

good day miss, I also have a similar issue. The poster above me only reserved on spot, and left no number or title, and so I skipped him and followed the poster above him with Number 8, then the poster below me not understanding my action or reasons behind it, left an extra slot number and chose number 11.
My present Number is No.9
please what should I do?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
ayd91:
good day miss, I also have a similar issue. The poster above me only reserved on spot, and left no number or title, and so I skipped him and followed the poster above him with Number 8, then the poster below me not understanding my action or reasons behind it, left an extra slot number and chose number 11.
My present Number is No.9
please what should I do?
Don't worry yourself.

I noticed, will get it fixed

Thanks.

@Shugamania please edit your reserved space, it should be #10. smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
The numberings after slot #9 are wrong. It should be #10 downwards guys.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
This is what we expect for Round 2.

You are creating 2 posts and not 1.

Newacca has created 2 posts. He has labelled each with his identity number, and topic

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Piresg24(m): 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
My slot is 10 and I'm seeing double slots.How can it be corrected?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 12:10am On Aug 16, 2013
Piresg24: My slot is 10 and I'm seeing double slots.How can it be corrected?

This ought to be Number 11---> https://www.nairaland.com/1397637/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2#17463157

Click on the "modify" button
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by pasionate(m): 12:15am On Aug 16, 2013
PLZ how do I contact my designer o! DYOUNGSTAR or what is his name. Pls release d designer's contacts o, time is nt my friend, biko!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:17am On Aug 16, 2013
pasionate: PLZ how do I contact my designer o! DYOUNGSTAR or what is his name. Pls release d designer's contacts o, time is nt my friend, biko!
I pm'ed him, though he didn't reply. try that.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:25am On Aug 16, 2013
fixit:
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics by Shugamania(f): 9:50pm On Aug 15

Reserved for No 10

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Yeah, u've got bread.. Someone owns the bakery. 

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics by Shugamania(f): 9:51pm On Aug 15

Reserved for No 10

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Yeah, u've got bread.. Someone owns the bakery. 

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics by Piresg24: 10:54pm On Aug 15

reserved for no.11

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics by Piresg24: 10:58pm On Aug 15

Reserved for number 11

Dreams can come through.

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics by pasionate(m): 11:13pm On Aug 15

*Reserved for Number 12

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

A NAMEless LEGEND...

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics by pasionate(m): 11:43pm On Aug 15

Reserved for No. 12

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

A NAMEless LEGEND...

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics by d-hammer(m): 12:15am

Reserved for No. 13

FEMALE CIRCUMCISION

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Could we work together?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by pasionate(m): 12:31am On Aug 16, 2013
Who are these learnerz? ha!
#Cuddles, am I affected in anyway with the number "mis-numbering"? or I shud jst leave it?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by pasionate(m): 12:37am On Aug 16, 2013
@HumbledbYgrace, u mean working with me as a designer?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:58am On Aug 16, 2013
pasionate: Who are these learnerz? ha!
#Cuddles, am I affected in anyway with the number "mis-numbering"? or I shud jst leave it?
your a learner too as u didn't use ur kop.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:00am On Aug 16, 2013
pasionate: @HumbledbYgrace, u mean working with me as a designer?
lol, I could but got no equipment.

Pls bear with us just till this evening? Then will shuffle ya'll again
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HARDDON: 2:15am On Aug 16, 2013
hearty Kudos to all that made it thru to the next round

may your pen run free and wild

God willing, you get layed to rest on the foggy cloud of words

keep up the gud works Cudly,

but id like to concur to an ealier post,

let the curtains out next time, and let all have a say in the grading process

Regards

Don

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (33) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA / My Short Drama Script- Paranoia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.