Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice (9727 Views)

Egypt: President Morsi Rejects Military's 48-hour Ultimatum / Anti Corruption Crusader Calls Ghana President A Disgrace / Fifa Hands Nigeria 48 Hour Ultimatum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by BlackBaron: 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2013
The scale of the protest shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vux_-vJvHww

The Army's ultimatum shows they are not attavched at the waist with the Government in power.

Reminds me of the reasons why Obj,Yaradua and Jonathan hand-picked their own Service Chiefs to effectively stem or bulwark any form of protests against their government.
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by Longeria(m): 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
That's the kind of change some I'll informed Nigerians are looking from " Alhajis Political Criminals " APC, Nigeria's replica of Muslim brother hood. Not all change is good, a change from frying pan to fire is actually a change but not desirable. A party that is built around Muslim brother hood like Alhaji Murdermadu Buhari, Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu ( BAT) Alhaji liar MORE - HARM - MADE , Alhaji Elrufai, Alhaja farouk, Alhaji nuhu Ribadu, Alhaji Fashola, Alhaji shekaru, Alhaji Aregbeshola, Alhaji Bisi Akande, Alhaji almakura etc can never guarantee Fair society, Egyptians thought otherwise and they are paying handsomely.

1 Like

Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by Ashmark(m): 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
Ashmark Olakunle's blog is a fast-growing E-News social media source that’s quickly taking over social media.We give Latest Gist,Complete News, Lifestyle & Fashion, Entertainment and Motivational Tips.... Check us out at www.ashmarkexclusive..com

Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by amiskurie(m): 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2013
foolish government with foolish oppositions with senseless pple.
now that's what u deserve when u maltreat ur former president in the face of the world.
is this morsi govrment of the muslim brotherhood nt the then opposition that eventually distabilized that country under hosni mubarak?
oppositions now uses protest as a tool to disorganize countries in the arab world aided by the west.
those retarden arab people shld better wake up.hisses!
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by Kevsman(m): 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
y AFRICA y (singing in french)
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by lockedOut: 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
It is obvious the Egyptians don't know what they want, Now they are calling for the head of the president what this means is that anytime a government makes an unpopular decision the people will go on the streets and call for him to resign shocked shocked shocked. It is a shame this is happening again, I hope this is not karma paying Morsi and the muslim brotherhood in their own coin for dethroning Mubarak!

Moreover there was no Arab Spring, it was just the dawn of a new morning that will bring endless wars and bloodshed to North Africa. A region that has enjoyed stability for years, I hope this is not true. The North Africans should learn from the experience of east and west African countries that have been through terrible wars and genocide because at the end of it all, No one will be victors when the war ends!
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by Chibest2000(m): 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
shocked :oHahahahaaaa 9ja is my country..... if is in nigeria even if 4instance Gej appoint kabiru sokoto n co.. As ministers no minister will volutarily resign his appointment n the military theselves with their big bele generals will conive with d govt n drive every dried ass home with no body 2 challenge them hahahaaaa I lov 9ja.
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by Kevsman(m): 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
oya Nigerian Army, make una send una own notice
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by Tare55(m): 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
Longeria: That's the kind of change some I'll informed Nigerians are looking from " Alhajis Political Criminals " APC, Nigeria's replica of Muslim brother hood. Not all change is good, a change from frying pan to fire is actually a change but not desirable. A party that is built around Muslim brother hood like Alhaji Murdermadu Buhari, Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu ( BAT) Alhaji liar MORE - HARM - MADE , Alhaji Elrufai, Alhaja farouk, Alhaji nuhu Ribadu, Alhaji Fashola, Alhaji shekaru, Alhaji Aregbeshola, Alhaji Bisi Akande, Alhaji almakura etc can never guarantee Fair society, Egyptians thought otherwise and they are paying handsomely.
GBAM! U have said it all.
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by drnoel: 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
samsard: thats what happens when everyone thinks they know how to run the country, its a shame the army is making the president look like a toothless bulldog
More like when every political thief think its their right to rule nigeria
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by Josh316(m): 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
So the people didn't know when they elected terrorists to lead them abi? I saw this coming as soon as the Brotherhood were elected. Many political analysts were skeptical of the motives of the Brotherhood in the era of a Post-Mubarak Egypt and they have been justified.

On a lighter note, the Egyptian Army get too much ballz oooo!!! grin No dulling grin
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by ddeola: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
The yeye man wahala started when he gave himself absolute power. At least now he knows that absolute power doesn't exist anywhere with men
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by prince13: 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
It is certainly not,going by the way the army have undermined the power of a democratically elected president,it is indeed shameful.
panafrican: grin Is Egypt overly democratic?
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by ignis: 6:21pm On Jul 02, 2013
Why can't Nigerian Army give ultimatum to GEJ, to bring an end to Boko Haram and terrorism?
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by miky(m): 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
Btruth: Those are country with policy...... Nigeria we hail thee!, when shall our leaders listen to us too?

what policy I thought it was because of the lack of policy, good governance, corruption that lead to the second subsequent protest by millions... what good policy does egypt have
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by miky(m): 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
ignis: Why can't Nigerian Army give ultimatum to GEJ, to bring an end to Boko Haram and terrorism?

thats because the military are busy fighting of bokoharam with the special forces of jtf..u dundee

1 Like

Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
Btruth: Those are country with policy...... Nigeria we hail thee!, when shall our leaders listen to us too?

They will not listen to us, becos, dormant dociles likke U have filled d whole of Nigeria, n her youths cannot come out to protest ills, instead dey takke out to hopeless social medias n prayer houses.
Fooooooools!!!
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by Limaoscar: 11:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
Morsy is in the political battle of His life. He has a few more hours to wake up and smell the coffee.
I just listened to some of his ramblings and rhetorics and i don't see how that unscripted, free styled diversive, coercing speech can help him because in the end He was just all over the place without landing a real solution or making any concession to the opposition...That crowd i saw this night mean real business!
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by sage2(m): 12:38am On Jul 03, 2013
The day this happens in Naija, I can bet we are never gonna make it back as one country. A lot of peeps don't see things from this angle. In a fragile and diverse country like ours, nobody can predict the outcome of a revolution. It is better avoided.
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by wbjm168(m): 5:11am On Jul 03, 2013
Nigeria is a very good country , good people here !
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by MubarokX(m): 7:40am On Jul 03, 2013
This egyptians sef, u chased away ur dictator nd elected a president democratically, having spent a little over a year, u want to chase him from his mandated right...dats not d democracy u were clamouring for... M sure the military is with the opposition. #stubborn people... I pray no blood shed
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by joelreg(m): 10:05am On Jul 03, 2013
sage_: The day this happens in Naija, I can bet we are never gonna make it back as one country. A lot of peeps don't see things from this angle. In a fragile and diverse country like ours, nobody can predict the outcome of a revolution. It is better avoided.

hmmmmm u sound like coward very unfortunAte
Re: Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice by ignis: 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
miky:

thats because the military are busy fighting of bokoharam with the special forces of jtf..u dundee
Ok boy, calm down now and read what you just wrote above. Does it make any sense or meaning to you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Congratulates Netanyahu On His Re-Election As Israeli Prime Minister / Tanzania: The Most Beautiful Nation In Africa... / US Announces A $250 Million Security Aid Package For Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.