Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu (11412 Views)

Enugu Vs Fulani:hausa/fulani Have All Fled Uzo Uwani As Youths Explodes / Drama At NIMASA As Jauro Displaces Obi As Acting DG / Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by masterdre: 6:14am On Jul 02, 2013
This is an excerpt of a brief interview with the acting Director General of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, FRCN, Samson Shaibu (SS). He is still in office even though he, by civil service rules, should have retired after turning 60.

PREMIUM TIMES (PT): You are supposed to retire on June 22, yet you have approval from the Minister of Information to travel to Ireland to represent the country on July 22. Why is that the case?

SS: It is so because I have finished my retirement from service, but I am now acting DG, and that is political appointment. And the antecedents are these. The former DG who left before me was brought from retirement. Eddie Iroh was brought from retirement, and then Kevin Ejiofor was brought from retirement. Eddie Iroh was brought from retirement, and then Kevin Ejiofor was brought from retirement. The DG’s position is a political appointment. So, people are just being mischievous saying what they are saying. There are antecedents. But, my former career as a civil servant has expired. And I am acting DG, and there are antecedents. You know if you want to go emotional, the former man who finished before me was Hausa-Fulani. He was brought from retirement to serve as DG. Are there two rules in Nigeria – one for the minority and one for the Hausa-Fulani? There was an Igbo man, who was brought from retirement too (Kevin Ejiofor) and Eddie Iro. So, people are just talking about what they don’t understand.

For further information, the assignment I am going is funded by Chinese Government and not by Federal Government. So, people are just talking from half information.

PT: The recent fire incident in the studio at the corporation, how was it handled? Any report of the probe?

SS: The fire incident was teleguided by detractors who feel they should create a crisis situation for somebody they feel is not a team player. For your information, I am not a team player in corruption. I am acting DG for three months now, and if you ask the workforce, they would tell you there is an added difference. Within these three months, I have bought a bus for FRCN. Within these three months, 22 studios that were conduit pipes for corruption in FRCN have been resuscitated, and there is light there now. And if I have opportunity of meeting with you, I will give you a catalogue of achievements. This has not happened for the past 15 years. But, people who are corrupt in our system would not like to see the likes of me. For example, there are people being teleguided from the Legal Department and Admin who are beneficiaries of corruption in the system.

PT: There is an allegation that you don’t carry everyone along, particularly on issues of staff welfare?

SS: As a journalist, if you can please ask the workforce, through independent investigation, the people who ruled before me, who were carrying people along, what did they do? In these three months time of my tenureship, I have paid more T&B (travelling and basic tours allowance) than any other person in the last two years. Records are there for all to see.

PT: It is said that you employed over 125 people and ignored the people employed in 2012, yet there are no offices and tools for them to work with?

SS: That employment was done by the previous regime that I inherited. The former DG, Barrister Yusuf Nuhu is the one who employed people, and that employment, to be fair to him, I don’t want to condemn my predecessors, was a collective decision of management. I have not employed a single person since I came.

The former DG employed, I don’t know the specific figure. That is what I inherited. So, people are just peddling this. These are people who believe they must rule FRCN forever. And Nigeria is a country of six geo-political zones. I am saying this, not as a slight to any tribe, because I know that Nigeria is a partnership of six geo-political zones. Nigeria is not owned by Hausa-Fulani, neither is it owned by Igbo or Yoruba. It is owned by all Nigerians. There six geo-political zones in this country. The Hausa-Fulani has serially ruled FRCN, or ruined FRCN all these years. Thank you very much.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140034-hausa-fulani-have-ruined-frcn-says-acting-dg-samson-shaibu.html

2 Likes

Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by ITbomb(m): 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
In NTA Bruce tried to bring the National TV up to date with modern trend but the modern trend confused the Hausa/Fulani who forced him out and brought back their traditional music and mud-colored red in the name of federal character.
Federal Character means, those who are growing should stop growing and wait for those who are slow in growth.
As we have in TV, Startimes for the south and NTA for the north, let FRCN (maybe) convert Voice of Nigeria to something we in the south can listen to.
And who said I'm not the first?

9 Likes

Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by DICKtator: 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
Teleguided by who?
Nameless elements?
Unknown civilians?
Why y'all always leaving one in the dark?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by georgecso(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
Stop ranting... just fix it.

1 Like

Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by Donkarizma: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nigeria
Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by everyday: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
Is that not inciting racial hatred?
Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by GJames(m): 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
''Hausa-Fulani has ruined FRCN'' was the only thing you saw in this interview.

2 Likes

Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by Dagoma: 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
Stop accusations and work, from what I sense in this interview, you may likely be the worst DG.
Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
It is stories like this that make me wished that Biafra had succeeded. but thanks to the Yoruba, Nigeria is still one.
Up tinubu + buhari .

3 Likes

Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by ochukoccna: 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
Just watch the pro FG ethnic warriors camp on this thread storm it to lash Nigeria's 'parasitic tribe' for destroing FRCN
As if other tribes do not collaborate with whoever intiates processes/actions that lead to decay and rot
Yet if it is a report critical of the FG,the first thing you'd see them retort is Sahara Reporters and Premium Times are junk journalists
sad
Mtscheew tongue
Yeye dey smell undecided
Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by batstan(m): 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
DICKtator: Teleguided by who?
Nameless elements?
Unknown civilians?

grin grin grin grin
Na demdem
Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by emekatimsu(m): 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
After thie interview with Journalist, the DG got him self sackd from office by the Minister of Information.Mr Labaran Maku..
Am just sorry for the Old man, he might be regretting why he open hs mouth so wide knowing fully well that Naija is not a place where the truth is valued.
Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by Frostyzone(m): 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
The only thing that made sense from this post is the topic which says that both Hausas and their Fulani partners-in-crime ruined FRCN(Whatever that means), the rest of the posts are pure blah blah da bash.
Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
DICKtator: Teleguided by who?
Nameless elements?
Unknown civilians?

grin grin grin grin

They know themselves
Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by batstan(m): 2:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
blackborn7:

We all know that the Hausa-fulani's are the one jeopardizing the entity called Nigeria right from the inception.

Bloody Illiterates.
tongue

1 Like

Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by PeeDaVinci: 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
do not really know this man, his antecedents and the battles he is fighting now. one thing i know though is that, any man who is heading a sensitive position as head of frcn should not use generalized 'hate-like' words towards any ethnic group in the country.

5 Likes

Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by lacasa: 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
The Tribal local Champion just got fired grin

Sahara Reporters
Govt Fires Sit-tight Federal Radio Corporation Of Nigeria DG After Ethnic Rant- PREMIUM TIMES | Sahara Reporters http:///161TtVk

Serves the ediat right!

2 Likes

Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by Akanbiedu(m): 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2013
lacasa: The Tribal local Champion just got fired grin

Sahara Reporters
Govt Fires Sit-tight Federal Radio Corporation Of Nigeria DG After Ethnic Rant- PREMIUM TIMES | Sahara Reporters http:///161TtVk

Serves the ediat right!

Good.
Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2013

Sahara Reporters

Serves the ediat right!

Excellent.
Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by pistol: 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by blesszzy(m): 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2013

Sahara Reporters

Serves the ediat right!

Stop it.
Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by mathskill: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by Gbawe: 3:43pm On Jul 02, 2013

Sahara Reporters

Serves the ediat right!

Excellent development. Those is public/leadership positions should not get away with talk like that.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/govt-fires-sit-tight-federal-radio-corporation-nigeria-dg-after-ethnic-rant-premium-times

3 Likes

Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by MusicCafe: 3:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
emekatimsu: After thie interview with Journalist, the DG got him self sackd from office by the Minister of Information.Mr Labaran Maku..
Am just sorry for the Old man, he might be regretting why he open hs mouth so wide knowing fully well that Naija is not a place where the truth is valued.

I think that man got fired because he has demonstrated that he can't be trusted with authority. Jow can any grown up man wake up and utter such nonsense. Don't let the hatred of others led you to injustice. He deserve a sack for uttering that po. He is not telling any truth, he is a big fool

1 Like

Re: Hausa-fulani Have Ruined FRCN - Acting DG, Samson Shaibu by Policewoman(f): 4:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
The man no for talk like that na. But sha... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members / MURIC Blasts Kaduna Government For Labelling Shiite IMN “insurgent Group” / Ikpeazu Donates Vans, Bikes To Police In Abia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.