Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister (13013 Views)

See Crazy Routines Nigerian Soldiers Go Through To Be Recruited In The Army(pics / Ongoing Protest By Dismissed Immigration Personnels Recruited Under GEJ / 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by masterdre: 6:36am On Jul 03, 2013
The Police Affairs Minister, Caleb Olubolade said on Tuesday that to combat the recent challenges of insecurity, terrorism, and kidnapping in the country, the Nigeria Police is set to be professionalized.

Mr. Olubolade, who stated this while presenting the ministry’s scorecard in the last two years to the national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Abuja, also demanded for more funds to help the ministry carry out its plans to reposition the police.

The minister, a retired Navy Commodore, explained that his focus as a minister is to provide adequate and updated training for the police personnel.

“We have to look at the police intelligence gathering and training which is key to our focus in this administration. Police must be given enough equipment and be protected with bullet proof vests for them to carry out their assignments,” he said.

He also stated his ministry’s plan to “raise the bar” by recruiting into the police, degree holders especially those with backgrounds in the sciences.

“Fighting crimes is scientific and we must raise the bar. That is why we must raise the qualifications of those who are coming to direct the affairs of the force,” he said.

The minister said the Police Service Commission, PSC, will take advantage of the huge experience of its new Chairman, Mike Okiro, a former Inspector General of Police, in the management of the affairs of the force.

Mr. Olubolade also stated that police is looking towards strengthening “the concept of community policing” in order to tackle criminal activities at the grassroots.

He, however, ruled out the creation of state police, explaining that the force as presently constituted must be better trained and equipped before creating alternatives.

“We must make the present arrangement work first. I’m of the opinion that the present police must be trained, their welfare improved and equipments provided to them and this is the direction of my opinion now until we are assured that we are better and ready for the state police,” he said.

The minister disclosed to his hosts that 1000 Close Circuit Television (CCTV) have already been installed in Lagos and Abuja and are ready for commissioning by the president, Goodluck Jonathan. He added that the vice president, Namadi Sambo, had already inspected the cameras and confirmed they were working.

The National Chairman of the PDP, Bamanga Tukur, in his opening remarks urged Mr. Olubolade to take a look at the manifesto of the ruling party and ensure that its programs of security of lives and property are implemented. Mr. Tukur also asked the minister to encourage and provide logistics for community policing and also checkmate recruitment exercise in the police force “to avoid garbage in, garbage out.”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140116-nigeria-to-recruit-more-graduates-into-police-minister.html

2 Likes

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 03, 2013
Nice development I just hope they remunerate them well.

1 Like

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Danhumprey: 8:22am On Jul 03, 2013
Interesting development. We need professionals and forensic scientists.

By d way,3rd to comment.

2 Likes

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by prico32(m): 9:31am On Jul 03, 2013
Fourth(4)
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by greall1: 9:33am On Jul 03, 2013
This Post has been hidden
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by devigblegble: 9:33am On Jul 03, 2013
Police is your friend

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Santi222(m): 9:34am On Jul 03, 2013
Ok oh. We dey wait.
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Fadelex(m): 9:35am On Jul 03, 2013
interesting.... I can't wait to see hypocrisy of Nigerians. the same people cursing and abusing police everyday will go to d bank in thousands to get their form...

2 Likes

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 03, 2013
maybe this would make the common police more reasonable.

a typical police behave like a common rapid d0g.

2 Likes

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Policewoman(f): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2013
We have been telling our bosses several times that more graduates should be employed in d force. Majority of the bad image we have is due to the highly uneducated and uncultured rank and file. The salaries too need to be reviewed upwards to be at par with the military.

6 Likes

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 9:46am On Jul 03, 2013
Evil will always corrupt good no matter what.. I dey madt to join police?...i rather join bakassi vigilentee group thn naija police...
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by fitzmayowa: 9:46am On Jul 03, 2013
Policewoman: We have been telling our bosses several times that more graduates should be employed in d force. Majority of the bad image we have is due to the highly uneducated and uncultured rank and file. The salaries too need to be reviewed upwards to be at par with the military.

So on point, coming from an insider

1 Like

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 03, 2013
Policewoman: We have been telling our bosses several times that more graduates should be employed in d force. Majority of the bad image we have is due to the highly uneducated and uncultured rank and file. The salaries too need to be reviewed upwards to be at par with the military.
yeah. If that happens, police will have no reason to collect 20 naira. They will be educated and become a formidable crime fighting force.

1 Like

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by adaobasi(f): 9:48am On Jul 03, 2013
Please can someone tell me when the ASP cadre currently on training in Kano will be out
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Hillaco: 9:50am On Jul 03, 2013
pls when will the recruitment star ooo
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 03, 2013
Yomieluv: maybe this would make the common police more reasonable.

a typical police behave like a common rapid d0g.
Please stop addressing Police as common Police. Am nt a Police Man,but I feel is nt proper.

1 Like

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Lifebender(m): 9:55am On Jul 03, 2013
I hope these ones will not come out and start killing unarmed civilians oooo.cos it seems to me more assassin's are been recruited......
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by chei: 9:56am On Jul 03, 2013
I will be the last man in the world to join the nigerian police. That institution stinks to high heavens.
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Lifebender(m): 9:57am On Jul 03, 2013
policewoman,wetin be ur own rank??

1 Like

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by mj(m): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2013
Before going to the University, i thought I will work for the police someday . I wanted to use my skill in ICT to help fight crimes, Do things like Facial Recognition, large finger print database of all Nigerians, crime management system, tooth database, etc but not any longer. Police are as useless as U can complete the rest.

1 Like

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:13am On Jul 03, 2013
Welome dev.
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by moscobabs(m): 10:17am On Jul 03, 2013
weda graduate or no graduate....black spirit in black cloth will still be doin black work.there is curse in police uniform!!
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Uziehot(m): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2013
I intend 2 use police as a stepping stone. Wen wil dey start selling form?
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Onyiwon: 10:22am On Jul 03, 2013
smiley
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Olaolufred(m): 10:26am On Jul 03, 2013
police minimum wage must not be less than 80K.

so that graduate can be earning a minimum of 130k.

what they are paid recently wont attract the right kind of graduate.

that is why everyone who join police have a premonition of extorting the citizen to cater for their low wage.
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by bellaberry: 10:44am On Jul 03, 2013
Let them make the police service a respectable profession first, then graduate will be killing to be in the black and black uniform...until then.... lipsrsealed undecided
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by WildChild00(m): 10:51am On Jul 03, 2013
This will be good, i.e. If implemented by the minister for police affair, there has always been the need for there to be only graduates in the Nigerian Police Force, in the modern day Nigeria, the police is one of the most courrupt sector, sometimes one can conclude that its as a result of their poor take home pay, or better still illetracy amoung some of it members, wen you visit their station, you will see "bail is fee" but the rest is history.
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by omiobo: 11:01am On Jul 03, 2013
Nothing to be happy about until it happens

1 Like

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:08am On Jul 03, 2013
If only dat black uniform will be CHANGE to sumfin else, no doubt sum Phd/Msc holders will apply 4 it.
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by BarryX(m): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2013
Graduates will definitely ''raise the bar'' but the recruitment obviously won't be based on merit as we have consistently witnessed in anything Nigerian unless by some sheer divine luck. Besides, i still think the security arrangement called the Nigerian police needs a top-down total structure overhaul of personnels from recruits to IG or else employing graduates won't change the system instead the structure will influence and change them back to corrupt status quo and that can be more deadly.

1 Like

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by 1forall: 11:40am On Jul 03, 2013
It's definitely the way to go esp as we have so many unemployed graduates. Let's hope they recruit based on merit and without nepotism.

Meanwhile,

The minister disclosed to his hosts that 1000 Close Circuit Television (CCTV) have already been installed in Lagos and Abuja and are ready for commissioning by the president, Goodluck Jonathan

Commission CCTV?! Are these guys re.tarded or what?
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Olaolufred(m): 11:58am On Jul 03, 2013
1forall: It's definitely the way to esp as we have so many unemployed graduates. Let's hope they recruit based on merit and without nepotism.

Meanwhile

Commission CCTV?! Are these guys re.tarded or what?

I have a briton who was employed in my office.
Later we discovered he lacked the experience required for the post.
Eventually he was sidelined and so, he will be looking for irrelevances because he has nothing tangible to contribute.
When a Goverment failed beyond expectation, He must try to proove he still have the balls by romancing Dame PEJU in the public.
Don't mind them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

On The Verge Of Collapse, 13 Gencos Drag FG To Court / Gboyega Aribisogan Arrested, Whisked To Abuja / Distribution Of Election Materials Begins In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.