Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) (1646 Views)

Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. / Connect Your Desktop Or Laptop To The Internet Using Phone Bluetooth / Use AirCard on your Desktop Computer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by benalvino(m): 9:54am On Jul 03, 2013
Hey fellas... show off how you customize your rig or laptop here with Links or upload your photos... i am using windows 8.1 preview... released last week and its the best OS i have used to date... i am a programmer, I like to Keep my desktop simple... Feel free to ask any question concerning Operating system on here.

http://sdrv.ms/11fLMij
http://sdrv.ms/14PEvSX

Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by bigt2(m): 10:46am On Jul 03, 2013
Seems like you just got that baby formatted! Few icons, bad wallpaper!! (you can't put the taskbar @ d bottom!!! Gross!!
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by benalvino(m): 10:57am On Jul 03, 2013
big-t:
Seems like you just got that baby formatted! Few icons, bad wallpaper!! (you can't put the taskbar @ d bottom!!! Gross!!

most of my programs are not there cause there is no point making it cluttered with apps i rarely use... the wallpaper is ok... i like it. its self preference on this one. and it changes every 5 mins.
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by bigt2(m): 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
By that, do u mean u use only bit torent Where do u live? Cos i need to ask a lot of questions!
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by benalvino(m): 12:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
big-t:
By that, do u mean u use only bit torent Where do u live? Cos i need to ask a lot of questions!

i use alot of apps too... i use eclipse... netbeans adobe ps... office suites... etc... i live in the UK.
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by Afam4eva(m): 12:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
Abeg, you guys should help me with some sick windows 8 wallpapers/themes. My desktop is as plain as they come.
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by benalvino(m): 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
Afam4eva: Abeg, you guys should help me with some sick windows 8 wallpapers/themes. My desktop is as plain as they come.

what OS is your computer
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by Afam4eva(m): 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
benalvino:

what OS is your computer
Windows 8.
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by bigt2(m): 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
benalvino:

i use alot of apps too... i use eclipse... netbeans adobe ps... office suites... etc... i live in the UK.
no wonder you have the bandwith! Btw, have u any programming e-books Been shouting on Nl here for a long time and i feel like im transparent sad cos nobody's helpin'.

I want to start programming asap!! Thanks in anticipation bro! cool
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by Afam4eva(m): 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2013
big-t:
no wonder you have the bandwith! Btw, have u any programming e-books Been shouting on Nl here for a long time and i feel like im transparent sad cos nobody's helpin'.

Which particular programming language book do you need let me see if i have it.
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by benalvino(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Windows 8.
ok good... i will Give you some files to install... plus you have to make sure that you have .net 3.0 amd .net 3.5 running or installed in your windows... or you can enable it using turn windows features on and off from control panel.... to do this hit the start button then type this "turn windows features on and off" hit enter and enable .net 3.5 if you like you enable 4.0 also.
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by benalvino(m): 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
big-t:

lol... yeah i save some books here... i will post the link for you... My download speed is 12Mb per second... so i use onlive to play games and do my tv watching and other stuffs online. I remember when i was happy for 400kbps from glo and mtn
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by bigt2(m): 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Which particular programming language book do you need let me see if i have it.
im a starter, and i dont know where to start programming. Tried java, but i got stuck in the concepts of object oriented and d other crappy confusions. Im Confused, but i don' want to quit!! sad
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by Afam4eva(m): 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
big-t:
im a starter, and i dont know where to start programming. Tried java, but i got stuck in the concepts of object oriented and d other crappy confusions. Im Confused, but i don' want to quit!! sad
So, which language are we talking about? Java, PHP, C+, C# etc

Better still, what spurred you to wanna learn programming, let me know which language will be best for you.
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by benalvino(m): 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
big-t:

its quite straight forward... am still learning though. you can download my first program you can use to make animation and create images using 2d arrays.

http://sdrv.ms/12Gk5Jj
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by bigt2(m): 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
benalvino:

its quite straight forward... am still learning though. you can download my first program you can use to make animation and create images using 2d arrays.

http://sdrv.ms/12Gk5Jj
the page isn't opening, just directing me to skydrive homeppage!!!

#Teach Me How to Fish, don't Give Me Fish bro! smiley thanks!!!
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by bigt2(m): 10:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, which language are we talking about? Java, PHP, C+, C# etc

Better still, what spurred you to wanna learn programming, let me know which language will be best for you.
What spurred me is that without knowing how to program, people already think im a programmer! ( a lil extent though!). This made some people call me antivirus, algorithm, guru, etc @ my work place.
That made me feel like writing a program for office solutions e.g. receipts generating softwares (e.g. The one u access through browsers), mobile softwares thet connects and synchronises with a database(cross platform + web based) and some games like call of duty..... And the most ultimate, OS!

I tried laying my hands on Java, but the book deitelJava How to programe (above 1000pages) seems too ambiguous. Also, i tried Visual Basic cos it seems cool(you can easily design the windows by urself), but i have not the codes for the controls. I also heard it uses a lot of memory(it is in use @ present at my workplace, and its sometimes lagging).
#WhatIsTheWayOut
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by samfibby(m): 5:19am On Jul 04, 2013
my simple win 7 desktop.loving it.

Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by bigt2(m): 6:50am On Jul 04, 2013
samfibby: my simple win 7 desktop.loving it.
you are a hacker!.

Show me ur desktop, and i will tell u d typ of prsn u r!
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by benalvino(m): 7:24am On Jul 04, 2013
samfibby: my simple win 7 desktop.loving it.

Not bad... But you can go hard core too... The wall paper is too dark.. I guess that's how you like it. I will show my desktop later although I rarely keep it like that.
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by benalvino(m): 7:26am On Jul 04, 2013
big-t:

the page isn't opening, just directing me to skydrive homeppage!!!

#Teach Me How to Fish, don't Give Me Fish bro! smiley thanks!!!
It is suppose to so you can download it from my SkyDrive... Don't you use SkyDrive or dropbox for cloud storage?
you will start with a simple hello world app... Or I will make a blog for tutorials and questions...
Get netbeans or eclipse IDE go to java dot come and start learning... Anything you dont understand ask.
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by bigt2(m): 8:20am On Jul 04, 2013
benalvino:
It is suppose to so you can download it from my SkyDrive... Don't you use SkyDrive or dropbox for cloud storage?
you will start with a simple hello world app... Or I will make a blog for tutorials and questions...
Get netbeans or eclipse IDE go to java dot come and start learning... Anything you dont understand ask.
okay. The blog will be preferrable! Thanks.
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by gigabytes: 11:43am On Jul 04, 2013
m

1 Like

Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by charloski(m): 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
Still on my Win 7.....

1 Like

Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by benalvino(m): 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
you can make your desktop look like this...

Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by benalvino(m): 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
@ charloski you should upgrade to windows 8.1... you can download it free from Microsoft... or if you have microsoft Dreamspark student account(subscriber) you can get genuine Software for free...
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by bigt2(m): 8:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
benalvino: you can make your desktop look like this...
bro, can you give me the link to that?
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by benalvino(m): 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
big-t:
bro, can you give me the link to that?
download and install this first...
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1B701DD73A37D69C!2392&authkey=!AEQsSfGDX6OpxSE
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by bigt2(m): 10:10pm On Jul 05, 2013
benalvino:
download and install this first...
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1B701DD73A37D69C!2392&authkey=!AEQsSfGDX6OpxSE
seems lik tha link is broken man! Just opening a blank page. Sheeet!! I gotta get this software. Can u gimmie its name I would live it if u do so! And
btw, where is Afam? Answer me now...... embarassed
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by benalvino(m): 11:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
big-t:
seems lik tha link is broken man! Just opening a blank page. Sheeet!! I gotta get this software. Can u gimmie its name I would live it if u do so! And
btw, where is Afam? Answer me now...... embarassed

the link is working... you can download the software from
http://rainmeter.googlecode.com/files/Rainmeter-2.5.exe
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by bigt2(m): 11:45pm On Jul 05, 2013
Thanks!
Re: Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) by samfibby(m): 6:21am On Jul 06, 2013
benalvino: you can make your desktop look like this...

This is what i call windows gone UBUNTU. Microsoft is getting edgy by the day. Wonderful desk, though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

HP Laptop For Sale. / Amazing And Interesting Facts About Computers / Print Errors From Notepad, Wordpad, Microsoft Word And Other Word Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.