Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,475 members, 7,808,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist (12443 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by deols(f): 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

grin grin grin

Oh please Deols!!

Don't go all modest on me! Of course you know exactly what goes on in there!

Now if you're saying that they aren't good role models, then who is? Surely the people need someone on earth to emulate? Just as Christians look up to their pastors, rev. fathers, priests and even the pope?

Could it be that I am getting you wrong?

what does an harem mean and where is one found? #honestquestion.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

grin grin grin

Then let's make those hairs stand up even further!!

@Tintingz: You do know that homosexual marriages are gradually being accepted? Even in the church - yes? I'm referring to the gay Anglican Bishop and many other gay people that have taken up leadership seats in the church. So what are your views about them?

Additionally, do you know that it's just a matter of time before gay polygamous marriages would be the norm? (hopefully, you'll get their wedding invite...) So, get prepared for situations where 1 man is married to 4 or 5 other men, likewise, 1 woman married to 4 or 5 other women.

Now that's what I call equality and fairness! What d'you think?? Are you gonna discriminate against them too? cheesy
exactly grin illk love to see the looks on the faces of those pathetic and miserable judgemental chauvenists grin
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 8:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
deols:

Could it be that I am getting you wrong?

what does an harem mean and where is one found? #honestquestion.

Here:

har·em
/ˈhe(ə)rəm/
Noun
1. The part of a Muslim household reserved for wives, concubines, and female servants.
2. The wives (or concubines) of a polygamous man.

3 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

grin grin grin

Oh please Deols!!

Don't go all modest on me! Of course you know exactly what goes on in there!

Now if you're saying that they aren't good role models, then who is? Surely the people need someone on earth to emulate? Just as Christians look up to their pastors, rev. fathers, priests and even the pope?
abeggiii leave them with their pretentious modesty.like they dont know that some of their alfas who claim to be 'role models are rapists and paedophiles cheesy what of the muslim sleric that was f,1,,n,,,ge.ring his student that is a minor nko?grin there is no role model anywhere,dont let anybody call monkey chimpanze for you.you are your own role model,issshhh grin
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: abeggiii leave them with their pretentious modesty.like they dont know that some of their alfas who claim to be 'role models are rapists and paedophiles cheesy what of the muslim sleric that was f,1,,n,,,ge.ring his student that is a minor nko?grin there is no role model anywhere,dont let anybody call monkey chimpanze for you.you are your own role model,issshhh grin

GBAM!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee:

founder of facebook - Mark Zuckerberg
yes,yes,ose jare padi mi wink
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 8:53pm On Jul 04, 2013
deols: @tintingz, do you really need all of these arguments.

Chauvinism doesnt suit you jor.

Like the op, I believe polygyny isnt only wanted by men. There are women who thrive in such unions. Allowing them that is good enough.

I must say that I agree with many of feminist views. There are other terms to describe women who don't want to keep to the real, men-hating feminism.They could be womanist undecided or members of women organisations.

I am a humanist btw.

humanist....?! undecided undecided grin grin

i thought u were a muslim

do you really know what humanism means

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2013
^^^^^^

a muslim claiming not to know what harem means grin grin grin

at least they know what boko haram is tongue

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Zoe.

I don't need you preaching at me. Save it.

What you need to do is proffer real solutions to help this woman here. As per those examples you've listed, those men whether you like it or not lived, slept, ate and had kids with those women. Despite their 'extenuating' circumstances, they lived as husband and wives. There are countless examples in that bible of yours (old testament of men taking more than one wife.)

So again, what should @OP do? She needs a practical solution, not some ideological preaching about what the 'truth' is or isn't.
gbam.nigerians cheesy smh.always bringing religion and sermon into everything.reminds me of one lazy secretary that was transferred to my office.always sleeping and eating in the office.once she types for twenty minutes,she will sleep off and when i ask about how far with the work i gave her to do before she closes she will be telling me it is well ma.,you are blessed,you are covered with the blood of jesus,i told her immediately you must be crazy.if it is sleep you came here to sleep why didnt you come with your matress to the office.the next time you say anything about religion,i will give you query.keep our religious vews to yourself,do what you are paid to do and get out by 4 pm.you wont do your work,you will be preaching.maybe it is a fada that employed you,maybe it is xyz company,we will know at the end of the month.that was the day she sat up,did her work and left her religious views outside my office

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee: ^^^^^^

a muslim claiming not to know what harem means grin grin grin

at least they know what boko haram is tongue

grin biolllaaa! Biolaaaaaa! Biola! How many times did i call you grin

you are pulling the tail of a sleeping lion grin
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 9:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: gbam.nigerians cheesy smh.always bringing religion and sermon into everything.reminds me of one lazy secretary that was transferred to my office.always sleeping and eating in the office.once she types for twenty minutes,she will sleep off and when i ask about how far with the work i gave her to do before she closes she will be telling me it is well ma.,you are blessed,you are covered with the blood of jesus,i told her immediately you must be crazy.if it is sleep you came here to sleep why didnt you come with your matress to the office.the next time you say anything about religion,i will give you query.keep our religious vews to yourself,do what you are paid to do and get out by 4 pm.you wont do your work,you will be preaching.maybe it is a fada that employed you,maybe it is xyz company,we will know at the end of the month.that was the day she sat up,did her work and left her religious views outside my office

Haha!

Immediate sacking jare. cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 9:15pm On Jul 04, 2013
Me I no like pretense

How she go talk say she no know wetin harem mean

Ok.. Arabian nights can help

Lol

kulyie: grin biolllaaa! Biolaaaaaa! Biola! How many times did i call you grin

you are pulling the tail of a sleeping lion grin
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Lolz... If one rod is digging like 4 holes the each hole wont lose the tight V but imagine 4 rod digging one hole everyday(you know men nau) and see how the hole will be infact those rod wont enjoy that single hole anymore after the shaggin cheesy
let that be the buisness of the owners of the vaginas and by the way what makes you think every female is obsessed with sex like you.moreover i thought you were hiding under the cover of religious justification and morality,why are you subtly encouraging sleeping with various ladies :p
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee: Me I no like pretense

How she go talk say she no know wetin harem mean

Ok.. Arabian nights can help

Lol

hehehehe thats why i loff you 8-) youre just my kind of person cheesy always on point wink

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Haha!

Immediate sacking jare. cheesy
grin i have to put into consideration that she has mouths to feed and schoolfees of her children to pay,so i cant just be that hard.that one is just a warning cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 9:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: grin i have to put into consideration that she has mouths to feed and schoolfees of her children to pay,so i cant just be that hard.that one is just a warning cheesy

Then in that case, I really do need to come back to Naija sharp-sharp and take up employment there. Seems the working conditions are much more favourable where one can sleep on duty. Sleep more hours than is actually worked and still not get sacked!

Ah, this life is unfair o! cool cool
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Non of them are right.
If they are all been molested or suffered from their men, why coming out and generalizing all men as rapist, animals? Didnt they have father and brothers....feminism is a hate group to men, they use some few animalistic-men to judge the whole men SMH...

I dont hate women i have a mother and sisters but i hate feminist thinking, that group promotes hate on men nothing more

Lolz. . .are only women the victim, what about men that have suffered from women violence act, so because men are strong type and women are the jelly makes you and co feminist think many men doesnt face abuse, assault from women?

I have read in many news and magazines infact heard how some women destroy innocent men. . .so dont make it look like it is only women that are being assaulted or abused

Yeah thank God you didnt study law because the hatred you have for men is over rated that i wonder if you have brothers at home cheesy

oh yes beautiful they are i dont have problem with them, i dont hate,loathe women but the hate spirit(feminism) they organized to promot hate is what i dont like sorry to say ya'll feminist are just a weapon to destroy men no wonder mumy blue ivy(beyouce) was shouting 'who run the world girls' cheesy cheesy wannabe pump azz cheesy
wanna be chauvenist and misogynist pretending to love women.hate it all you can females run the world.beyonces song is only a confirmation and o yes men are abused too no doubt about that but who triggers the anger in them,is it not animalistic men.no woman was born vicious,some men suffer attacks from women majorly because they have pushed women to the extreme and when they retaliate,its always with bottled up anger so dont turn tables around.

3rdly,i have a father and yes he is completly fabulous.a father in every regard so my hatred is not for men in general but for animalistic men and trust me i dont hesitate to unleash my wrath upon them when i have the opportunity to.there is even one stewpeed play boy when i was a corper that used to come to greet me,of course i didnt let him in because i knew he had something up his sleeves and that places is a bushy area.if he decides to rape me,no one will be able to deliver me and i didnt even want him to come at all.i have told him to stop coming,he wont listen.this was a guy that slept with my friends kid sis,deceived her with marriage and later dumped her and now he is comming to woo me.so this fateful day and unfortunate day for him,i saw him comming from afar but was engaging in a discussion with someone from a distance.i quickly used that opportunity to go to the bathroom turned on the tap to the bucket and filled the water.i took it to the kitchen and pluged the electic kettle to boil the water.Happily for me,the water was already hot to its boiling point by the time he was at the door and i told him to wait at the door,i am comming.i poured the hot water in the bucket,poured plenty cameroon pepper inside the hot water and carried it towards the sitting room.by the time i opened the door for him,i baptized his face down to his legs with that hot water and threw the bucket at him and told him,that is just a tip of the ice berg,if you come here again,you will find yourself in the cell.i shut the door immediately.i didnt even wait or cared to know how he feared.that is an example of a man arousing my innate anger for him because of the bottled up hatred i had for his act and the fact that he still had the effontery to woo me with ill motive.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Then in that case, I really do need to come back to Naija sharp-sharp and take up employment there. Seems the working conditions are much more favourable where one can sleep on duty. Sleep more hours than is actually worked and still not get sacked!

Ah, this life is unfair o! cool cool
buhahahahahahaahha grin please do o aunty cheesy work scarce for naija o cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2013
This is and epic case of feminist not really knowing what they want, they therefore keep fighting the wrong battles, it's not surprising because of their motive is one based on their dire hatred towards men instead of genuine concern towards the plight of their fellow women.

I really can't make a strong case against polygamy, and if the end game is to legalize bigamy I think it is not worth it.

Even if both is legalised.
I think it will backfire, given that we men are strong willed, domineering, are the key providers, and by default polygamous by nature, the average man can't nurse the idea of bigamy except in few extreme cases, I think it will adversely affect the female gender who no matter what the Feminist say are weak willed, prefer a monogamous relationship by nature but are also easily gullible to entering a polygamous relationship. Polygamy will result to a new kind of single motherhood, where a woman is married but still ends up bringing up her kids like a single mum. Women will be treated more like medals and ego boosting toys. That's is not to say I don't like polygamy and care less if bigamy is legalised in the future but because of my strong understanding of the significance of monogamous relationship and how it in-turn affects the construct of the society I don't support it.

The support for polygamy with bigamy as the end game I think, is mainly from feminist who regret been women, and are doing all they can to at least be treated like men, which I am not against but please let not your hatred towards men lead you to inadvertently support policies that are not beneficial to the average woman.

Remember if you ever need reason to support evil, you'll surely find plenty.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tbaba1234: 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Besides, if you're going down the religious routes, Muslims are allowed to marry 4 wives and have as many concubines as they can cater for. (Muslims in the house, correct me if I'm wrong here o!, I'm no expert...)

I had to clarify this:

The statement is untrue, Muslims are ONLY allowed to marry four wives in this age and time. I would clarify what i mean.

To understand this, you have to travel a few thousand years back. Slavery was a common practice in arabia before Islam and the slaves were essentially captives from war.

Islam inculcated these slave women into society by giving them freedom and made them equal citizens in society.

Therefore, a muslim man could at that time take these women (aside the four) as 'wives' (what you will call concubines).

They had the same exact rights as normal wives, their children had the right to inheritance. Imagine, the child of the slave girl could inherit. Many times, in kingdoms, the child of the slave girl became king.

There was absolutely no difference amongst the children. The slave girl becomes a permanent member of the home.

I don't see any slave women today in need of liberation.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by deols(f): 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Here:

har·em
/ˈhe(ə)rəm/
Noun
1. The part of a Muslim household reserved for wives, concubines, and female servants.
2. The wives (or concubines) of a polygamous man.

My understanding of harem meant where concubines are kept. It never included wives until now.

Like I said, having up to 4 wives is allowed but more, not. If any Muslim goes ahead yo marry more, his cup of tea. He would be judged according to his actions.

Don't forget that I initially corrected your statement about how Islam allows men to marry and have as many concubines as possible.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tbaba1234: 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
deleted
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by deols(f): 10:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: abeggiii leave them with their pretentious modesty.like they dont know that some of their alfas who claim to be 'role models are rapists and paedophiles cheesy what of the muslim sleric that was f,1,,n,,,ge.ring his student that is a minor nko?grin there is no role model anywhere,dont let anybody call monkey chimpanze for you.you are your own role model,issshhh grin

Are you trolling or what??

and what if an alfa does something wrong? does it make him right and acting in accordance with Islam or doing what every Muslim does?

Your thoughts are even incoherent for you would have seen that I was against calling anyone a role model.

Is reverend King your role model and representing Christian teachings of killing?
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by deols(f): 10:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
@Efemmena xy

The role models for Muslims are the prophet and the rightly guided khilaafa who followed him.Not a harem keeping 21st century man.

I was born into Islam and in my 20+yrs on earth, relating most of the time with Muslims, I have never seen a harem.

Could an harem be a myth?

About role models, I have to ask you if reverend King is one to you, or the pastor who
got eaten at UI zoo.

I would even like to ask whether a pastor Kumuyi lifestyle or a pastor Chris Oyakhilome is the true Christian one.

Well, my conclusion remains that it is everyone to themselves, eventually.

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
deols:

Are you trolling or what??

and what if an alfa does something wrong? does it make him right and acting in accordance with Islam or doing what every Muslim does?

Your thoughts are even incoherent for you would have seen that I was against calling anyone a role model.

Is reverend King your role model and representing Christian teachings of killing?
see table turnings o grin
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by deols(f): 10:54pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: see table turnings o grin

You can't be that lazy undecided Why not go back and read what I wrote.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: i have no plans for marriage,but even if anything posseses me and i say i want to get married,i will go into an open marriage where the man can sleep with an many women as he wants to sleep with whether married or unmarried and i can sleep with as many men as i want.its a win win situation,nobody is the winner and nobody is the looser.a contract marriage,more like we are only mr and mrs by name,thats all.no one is heart broken,no one feels cheated.kojubelo

I doubt any sane man, will desire to marry you no matter your looks, educational or financial status, highest they will do is use and dump you once they discover you have a psychological hatred towards men.

Your feminist stance is not pure it is filled with hate, powered by anger and fuelled by blood. I believe in giving women the rights they deserve . I also think Your kind of feminist is a dent to true feminists. You really need healing from the bad experiences you've had with men, not just to enable you get married but help protect your sanity because the bitter truth is that you are still in a Man's world till further notice.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
Matthew briggs:

Remember if you ever need reason to support evil, you'll surely find plenty.

Exactly! Just like you did here...

Matthew briggs: I think it will backfire, given that we men are strong willed and domineering, we are the key providers and by default polygamous by nature

How does being a key provider make you polygamous by default. So if a woman is a key provider, she will naturally desire to marry several husbands?

I do agree that legalizing polygamy to get to the end game of polyandry is not a worthwhile endeavor though I disagree with your biased reasoning for this. Neither should be legalized. Ms Keenan should take a chair and sit down abeg. Even if she doesn't have a bait and switch in mind, her position is very dodgy and it would show that she is not very bright.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 05, 2013
Matthew briggs:

I doubt any sane man, will desire to marry you no matter your looks, educational or financial status, highest they will do is use and dump you once they discover you have a psychological hatred towards men.

Your feminist stance is not pure it is filled with hate, powered by anger and fuelled by blood. I believe in giving women the rights they deserve. Your kind of feminist is a dent to true feminists. You really need healing from the bad experiences you've had with men, not just to enable you get married but help protect your sanity because the bitter truth is that you are still in a Man's world till further notice.
are you ok? Did i tell you i am interested in men for a relationship. Anyway there is no need for replying you.your post lacks coherence,substance and point,i dont know what you are on about and sincerely,i dont care.your shallow mindedness is pathetic to say the least :/
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 6:06am On Jul 05, 2013
deols:

My understanding of harem meant where concubines are kept. It never included wives until now.

Like I said, having up to 4 wives is allowed but more, not. If any Muslim goes ahead yo marry more, his cup of tea. He would be judged according to his actions.

Don't forget that I initially corrected your statement about how Islam allows men to marry and have as many concubines as possible.

Deols, Deols, Deols.... grin grin

You contradict yourself, yet again.

You say you've corrected my assumptions about muslim men keeping concubines and yet in the same breath you say your understanding of harem "meant where concubines are kept"??

By whom na? (Muslim men)
And what for? (mostly sex)

So how is that any different from what this thread is about? But most importantly, what exactly is your point here? Which side are you on?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 6:08am On Jul 05, 2013
tbaba1234:

I had to clarify this:

The statement is untrue, Muslims are ONLY allowed to marry four wives in this age and time. I would clarify what i mean.

To understand this, you have to travel a few thousand years back. Slavery was a common practice in arabia before Islam and the slaves were essentially captives from war.

Islam inculcated these slave women into society by giving them freedom and made them equal citizens in society.

Therefore, a muslim man could at that time take these women (aside the four) as 'wives' (what you will call concubines).

They had the same exact rights as normal wives, their children had the right to inheritance. Imagine, the child of the slave girl could inherit. Many times, in kingdoms, the child of the slave girl became king.

There was absolutely no difference amongst the children. The slave girl becomes a permanent member of the home.

I don't see any slave women today in need of liberation.

Re the bolded: Okay.

So it begs the question then: Why do many of these men still keep concubines? For what purpose?
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tbaba1234: 6:16am On Jul 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Re the bolded: Okay.

So it begs the question then: Why do many of these men still keep concubines? For what purpose?

A muslim man can not keep concubines.. He has a limit of 4 four wives. Beyond that is adultery, a major sin in Islam.

The condition for slave women were specific to the time.

By the way, who are 'these men'?

Most muslim men are monogamous, only a very small percentage practise polygamy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change / Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage / Few Month Double Door Fridge, 3hp Ac For Sale

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.