Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,784 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

MOHAMED Morsi And The Egyptians... - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / MOHAMED Morsi And The Egyptians... (763 Views)

Ex-egyptian President, Morsi Jailed 20 Years / Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi / Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MOHAMED Morsi And The Egyptians... by vascey(m): 5:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
MOHAMED MORSY and the Egyptians...

FIRST THE PEOPLE...

The fact remains that he was given a clear mandate. The elections of 23 and 24 may 2012 were observed world-wide and certified democratically free and fair.

Democracy does not come on a platter of gold. If the Egyptians (or opposition) have a problem with his administration, they should go through the democratic institutions that have been established. You can't eat your cake and have it. It is time for the Egyptians to grow up and walk their talk.

Democracy requires maturity. They should channel their energy to their representatives and convince them to impeach the president.

if they do not have thouse institutions, they should be more concerned with putting them in place...

And then MORSi (the learner)...

This man needs a lesson or two from Baba Sege. How do you remain in power with a military that is much stronger than you? Infact, he was never in power. Imagine the impudence of those generals. They served under Hosni Mubarak, albeit, corruptly. Yet Morsy allowed them to continue in their positions after the revolution. He should have consulted OBJ...

OBJ 101 is simple- Retire all of them. Promote the young ones and make them loyal to you. Every leader needs his own kitchen cabinet and a loyal backing is very key. You can't be looking over your shoulders while in power, especially when the guy behind you has a gun or even worse, an Apache Helicopter (note that you don't start the spelling of "Apache" with small letters, in case you don't know). That means his case was over even before it started. Too bad.

If 101 doesn't work, try OBJ102. This is a bit more difficult. Send the bunch of them on a foreign trip (via private jet of course), and then maybe the plane might develop a problem. Who knows? Hopefully!! Again there are people who do these things. Find out from them. You can talk to some former head of state of Nigeria. He may be able to help you.

If that doesn't work, OBJ103 would suggest you give them a lot of money to keep them quiet. Everyone has a price. Just find out theirs. The only problem is that you guys don't have oil money. So this may be a bit impractical.

If that fails, you can borrow Jerry101 and just kill the lot of them. This takes a lot of guts. Instils fear in everyone. it will announce to the world that you are not here to messs around. But you must be ready to follow through and do what is right. Afterall Jerry Rawlings is walking around today, a free man celebrated by all.

I would have recommended Abacha101 i.e. Put them in prison with the aim of killing them secretly. But this tends to create a lot of problems. Or maybe Abacha's was an exception.

One thing is certain. If you fail all these courses, there's no hope of moving on to 200 Level. Which explains why you will be given the boot barely few days after your one-year anniversary in office.

All jokes aside though, I will remember Mohamed Morsy as a man who stood strongly by his mandate and the democratic institution. He didn't waver in the face of tyranny by the military. The opposition would end up making him more of a hero (or worse still, a martyr) than a villain. When I watched his speech yesterday, I saw a man who was passionate about his people, who owned up and took responsibilities for his mistakes. I saw a man who understood what he swore to uphold, the constitution, and who understood that upholding that constitution meant not giving up, not abdicating. I saw a man who is staring at hopelessness in the face and saying "go te hell". Because when your military turns against you, there is absolutely nothing you can do. Even Ghadaffi had it better compared to Morsi. Morsi is currently a prisoner in his palace, a prince turned slave. yet he holds himself up. You can kill him, you can send him on exile, you can do anything but you cannot take away his mandate. He was elected to serve for 4 years. Shikena. And he stands on the authority of all egyptians...

The Egyptian people should understand that if they continue to boycott democracy like this, they will never move forward. Self restraint is very key. It is not a journey of one year. And I am in no way suggesting that they should remain placid like Nigerians. Yet a trial period is necessary for proper action points to be noted. You cannot really expect to get it right the first time after decades of degeneration (Again I am not validating Nigeria's perceived lack of progress).

Or maybe he will survive all this. Or even worse, maybe he will survive and end up being a terrible leader as they thought he would...

Only time will tell..

At some point in the future, our present will be history and these will be stories... (though we are still waiting for Mugabe).

PS: my opinion, so no link.
Re: MOHAMED Morsi And The Egyptians... by vedaxcool(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2013
interesting opinion, it made no sense overthrowning a man just after 1year in office despite knowing fully the sort of challenge the country is facing,anyway hope things work out well for them.
Re: MOHAMED Morsi And The Egyptians... by U09ce: 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
These Egyptians will come to regret this move?

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Guard Campaigning For GEJ / Iran Executed The Entire Male Population Of A Village For Drug Offences / REVEALED: Real Reason Why Pastor Adeboye Visits Mr Banki-moon ( More Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.