Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi (29056 Views)

Ex-egyptian President, Morsi Jailed 20 Years / Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi – Al Jazeera / Egypt Army Overthrows President Morsi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by trolling(m): 11:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
you guys should read Zionist manifesto and see the people who are inciting this wars
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Olaone1: 11:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
Prof Corruption:

MB started as a purely peaceful organisation. it suffered persecution for years with many of its leading lights incarcerated. That drove it to a secretive violent organisation. there was a renewed sympathy for the group as an entity that resisted Mubarak for years.

But the goodwill as we have seen today has been wasted. The name alone does not tell a lot in a country where the majority are muslims. Muslim Brotherhood might raise an eyebrow in a nation like Nigeria but certainly not in Egypt. It sounds largely rhetorical there.
Key words here: it suffered persecution and became a secretive violent organisation.
So, they knew everything about MB.

That's it.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by tbaba1234: 11:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
dare2think:

I humbly dis-agree, it is well known that anti-Islamic constitution is part of the factor behind the protest.

I would argue that the problem seems to be the pace of implementation and the hard line stance of government.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by dare2think: 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ola one:
Why are you arguing like this? Even primary school kids know this.

I give up

If you call that arguing, you probably should join me in primary school.

I disagreed and stated my notion. Debunk it or keep mute.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Olaone1: 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
politician:

prof , yes we agree morsi really failed as a statesman. he deserves to be ousted but there is no wrong way to do a right thing.

the cycle continues....

morsi out..

opponent jubilates.

pro morsi supporters declare political jihad.

soldiers close down pro-morsi tv stations ..al jazreera and. co.

Dissolves parliament (too many. brothers in the chamber)..constitution suspended.

oga obama dey search foreign aid act to. determine whether Na coup or impeachment..

ideality is different from reality...
Prof Corruption is basically saying two wrongs make a right in this case. Today is a particularly sad day for democracy.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
BREAKING NEWS!!!
THE PRESIDENT OF EGYPT, MORSI HAS BEEN OVERTHROWN BY THE EGYPTIAN ARMY...
The head of Egypt's army has given a TV address, announcing that President
Mohammed Morsi is no longer in office.

Gen Abdul Fattah al-Sisi said the constitution had been suspended and the chief justice of the constitutional court would take on Mr Morsi's powers.
Flanked by religious and opposition leaders, Gen Sisi said Mr Morsi had "failed to meet the demands of the Egyptian people".

Anti-Morsi protesters in Cairo gave a huge cheer in response to the speech.
The army's move to depose the president follows four days of mass street
demonstrations against Mr Morsi, and an ultimatum issued by the military which expired on Wednesday afternoon.
TV stations belonging to Mr Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood went off air at the end of the
speech.
Minutes later, a notice went up on Mr Morsi's Facebook page denouncing the army's move as a "military coup".
The statement asked Egyptian citizens - both civilians and military - to "abide by the
constitution and the law and not to respond to this coup".
The ousted leader's current whereabouts are unclear.

the slowpoke comes from a muslim sect which advocates the destruction of pyramids and sphinx . lmao to hell with MB, salafi and all the blah blah .

A christian copte should b elected as president
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
Bad former president and a bad move by the military. The whole situation is bad!
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by dare2think: 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
tbaba1234:

I would argue that the problem seems to be the pace of implementation and the hard line stance of government.

Hence the reason that I stated 'part' in my post. I believe Egyptians wanted a secular constitution, if not why would Morsi feel the need to bully his way to form a new constitution.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by MicroBox: 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
War against religion of Allah.War against pure muslim stat
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Olaone1: 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

A christian copte should b elected as president
You are in la-la land grin
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ola one:
You are in la-la land grin
don't wake me up ...please
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Olaone1: 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: don't wake me up ...please
Sleep tight oo grin grin grin
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
Prof Corruption: "Whoever brings religion to use in politics or in favour of one group at the expense of another will fall anywhere in the world. The summary of what is happening in Egypt is the fall of what is called political Islam."
---Bashar Assad, The embattled Syrian President.

grin grin grin grin grin

I think Assad should have used "Sunni Religion" and "political sunni." grin grin

The shiites pulled it off in Iran and Taliban did the same thing in Afghanistan before the American invasion.

Regardless, this is great news for the Egyptian people and bad news for the oil sheikhs in the gulf, and America. It seems Obama is now addicted to failure.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
politician:

prof , yes we agree morsi really failed as a statesman. he deserves to be ousted but there is no wrong way to do a right thing.

the cycle continues....

morsi out..

opponent jubilates.

pro morsi supporters declare political jihad.

soldiers close down pro-morsi tv stations ..al jazreera and. co.

Dissolves parliament (too many. brothers in the chamber)..constitution suspended.

oga obama dey search foreign aid act to. determine whether Na coup or impeachment..

ideality is different from reality...

You see, nothing in itself is bad or good in life. Everything is relative and context justifies everything. let me explain: if you as an individual kill your fellow citizen, it's frown upon as murder. But when a policeman kills a condemned armed robber, it's called what? perfectly normal. That means murder in itself is not a bad thing but the context provides the label of good or bad. That's why you have homicide, real murder etc. Context matters in everything in life. And to paraphrase Achebe, where one thing stands, another thing would stand beside it.There's a narrative behind what is happening in Egypt that clearly vindicates the military intervention.

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by tbaba1234: 11:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
Prof Corruption:

We are too divided ethnically to pull stuff like this through. If an Igbo Army chief issued such a statement, perhaps Hausa one would counter it with another and before you know it would be branded it's one ethnic group against another. Or Muslims want to remove a christian president or vice versa. It won't work here.

Egypt is largely homogeneous in everything that matters-so it's not minority against the majority or christians against muslims. A large population of both pro- and anti-Morsi are Muslims. So, it reduces to Morsi and his agenda.

Honestly, Ethnicity is a major problem with this country.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by tbaba1234: 11:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
dare2think:

Hence the reason that I stated 'part' in my post. I believe Egyptians wanted a secular constitution, if not why would Morsi feel the need to bully his way to form a new constitution.

There are many conservative elements that stood up against morsi. I think it is more complicated than you put it.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by hrhobi1(m): 11:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
Sometimes I thank God for been a Nigerian, The country is quite peaceful.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by babslamin: 11:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
Prof Corruption:

lol. I don't like Sharia but I am not against it if that's the will of the majority.
If Morsi ran on the platform of bringing sharia to Egypt and won elections, then opposition had no point. Because the minority is meant to have its say while majority ll have its way.

But for him to run as a moderate and then start implementing conservative agenda? That's not good.
Newsnight remind us that Morsi, for all his sins and flaws, won 13m votes. Wonder what those 13m people make of events tonight. Egypt is full of insanely optimistic protesters who don't think the army will turn around and Bleep them up too when the time comes.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by dare2think: 11:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
Well, I feel 17 mill Egyptians know what's good for them, they live there and more importantly they seem to be happy with the outcome.

The best way for this to settle well is to reach out to all political factions, including the MB. A swift election would be necessary.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
Washington's new foreign policy for the ME was centered around Muslim Brotherhood after the first Egyptian revolution. However, since Morsi is now a goner; Libya is still in shambles; and Syria is going to be a stalemate for a long time and Assad isn't going nowhere till 2014 election. Washington might as well try something new.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
ShyM-X:
Washington's foreign new policy for the ME was centered around Muslim Brotherhood after the first Egyptian revolution. However, since Morsi is now a goner; Libya is still in shambles; and Syria is going to be a stalemate for a long time and Assad isn't going nowhere till 2014 election. Washington might as well try something new.

Perfectly logical.

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Perfectly logical.

What do you think their next step would be? The only country they have got on lock-down is now gone. Erdogan is slowly but surely leaving the gang. And the video of Al Qaeda members beheading a catholic priest a few days ago has also tied the knot around the neck of their foreign policy and it shows who the Americans are in bed with. I bet Putin is smiling right now in Moscow. grin
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
A Coptic Christian can become the next president of Egypt.

*hides*

grin grin grin
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Olaone1: 11:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
ShyM-X:

What do you think their next step would be? The only country they have got on lock-down is now gone. Erdogan is slowly but surely leaving the gang. And the video of Al Qaeda members beheading a catholic priest a few days ago has also tied the knot around the neck of their foreign policy and it shows who the Americans are in bed with. I bet Putin is smiling right now in Moscow. grin
The Egyptian military is simply an arm of the CIA, trust me. They do America's bidding time and time again. Always at America's beck and call. Even in terms of finance

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ola one:
The Egyptian military is simply an arm of the CIA, trust me. They do America's bidding time and time again. Always at America's beck and call. Even in terms of finance

True - however, I don't think the yanks are behind this. But the yanks still have leverage over them with their ace, which is the $1.5billion annual military aid.

We just need to keep our fingers crossed. I also don't see Obama getting anything right because all his foreign policies have been a failure and scandalous, to say the least.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Limaoscar: 12:00am On Jul 04, 2013
Good news, Morsy, was speaking like a drunk in his last official address yesterday and wasted so much time on some silly unscripted rhetorics with no substance, He should have just stepped-aside.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 04, 2013
HNosegbe: A Coptic Christian can become the next president of Egypt.

*hides*

grin grin grin

Impossible! grin

Egypt needs financial aids from Saudi Arabia and Qatar - and they won't accept a Coptic Christian.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Olaone1: 12:02am On Jul 04, 2013
ShyM-X:

True - however, I don't think the yanks are behind this. But the yanks still have leverage over them with their ace, which is the $1.5billion annual military aid.

We just need to keep our fingers crossed. I also don't see Obama getting anything right because all his foreign policies have been a failure and scandalous, to say the least.
They are not happy with him. Remember he went to Palestine last year and pledged support for Hamas.

Because of Israel, they don't want an Egyptian president that's sympathetic to the plight of Palestinians
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 04, 2013
ShyM-X:

There won't be any significant policy change because the coup is executed in an intelligent way with a civilian leading the executive. That removes a lot of pressure from the Egyptian military. The real leverage of the Americans is basically with the military, not the brotherhood, so US has not lost much in Egypt. US ll issue statement in this line: we stand by the Egyptian people and call on all Egyptians to support the roadmap that leads to a full democracy.

A more cautious moderate islamic leader ll ultimately come to power when elections are held.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Olaone1: 12:05am On Jul 04, 2013
HNosegbe: A Coptic Christian can become the next president of Egypt.

*hides*

grin grin grin
grin grin
Make una hide well oo. The coptic are just 12 million, remember. Not gonna happen.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Olaone1: 12:06am On Jul 04, 2013
Prof Corruption:

we stand by the Egyptian people and call on all Egyptians to support the roadmap that leads to a full democracy.

grin
You know them too well
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 04, 2013
Ola one:
They are not happy with him. Remember he went to Palestine last year and pledged support for Hamas.

Because of Israel, they don't want an Egyptian president that's sympathetic to the plight of Palestinians

Sir, that was for the cameras, his base and Egyptian people, and the pact Egypt has with Palestinian people. Morsi has been a western puppet since he assumed office - they put him there. Don't forget that Muslim Brotherhood is a British/Western creation and the brotherhood's foot soldiers were the ones who started the Libyan revolution and they are also at the forefront of the Syrian revolution/war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military / Ukrainian Forces Kill 39th And 40th Russian Colonels. / Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.