Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them (27195 Views)

Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home / Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him / Shark Bites Man As He Tried To Kiss It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by mukina2: 12:16am On Jul 04, 2013
Mauro Lagiard, 72, was attacked from behind while his wife Carla, 73, could only watch from outside the enclosure as the animals dragged his body into a clearing

A retired zookeeper was torn to pieces and eaten by at least three of his tigers as he tried to feed them.

Mauro Lagiard, 72, was attacked from behind while his wife Carla, 73, could only watch from outside the enclosure.

The beasts dragged Mr Lagiard’s lifeless body 100 feet into a clearing.

Alpha-male Samir started the horrific mauling as the pensioner tried to feed the tigers chicken meatballs on Tuesday night.

Two others joined in while five cubs watched from the sidelines.

It took paramedics half an hour to get close to his dismembered body.

Mr Lagiard was devoted to Samir even though he also attacked him two years ago. He was in hospital for eight months.

Yesterday his wife still refused to blame the tigers. She said: “My husband and Samir did not get on. If I had gone it would never have happened.”

But neighbours said the animals were only fed twice a week and had become aggressive.

The couple had always been big cat lovers and originally kept tigers and leopards at a villa outside Turin, Italy.

But neighbours complained and the cats were moved to the Martinat Oasis animal sanctuary.

The couple continued to look after the beasts, living in a camper van nearby, after it shut in 2010.

A keeper who had worked there with the couple said Mr Lagiard was very sure of himself.

He said: “He never took any precautions. He went in, he gave them their food and he left. He had no fear, even though in the past he had been attacked by the tigers.”

The cats are currently in the care of vets while their fate is decided.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/retired-zookeeper-eaten-tigers-tried-2022687
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by donem: 12:21am On Jul 04, 2013
haha kinda funny, but how dare the tigers devour their master, they deserve to be starved to death.
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by Afam4eva(m): 12:23am On Jul 04, 2013
That reminds me of a video i watched where a lion was trying to devour it's caretaker. I never wish to meet a Tiger or Lion in my life. Especially a Wolf and Hyena. But i will prefer a Lion to a Wolf. Ask me why?

1 Like

Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by nitrogen(m): 2:17am On Jul 04, 2013
Afam4eva: That reminds me of a video i watched where a lion was trying to devour it's caretaker. I never wish to meet a Tiger or Lion in my life. Especially a Wolf and Hyena. But i will prefer a Lion to a Wolf. Ask me why?
You sha like to dey jam-talk.

Back to topic, so unfortunate that he nurtured and kept his 'killer' to this stage, he should have learnt his lessons two years ago, but he never did, what a pity, RIP Mr Zoo keeper! (Meanwhile 72 years isn't beans o, abeg he don try jare).

Early morning prayer: As we all go out everyday, I pray that 'ao ni pade nkan ti o jewa, sugbon nkan ti a maa je lao pade o' (in all our endeavours, we shall only meet what we will eat and not what will eat us) Amen!

19 Likes

Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by lekkie073(m): 5:43am On Jul 04, 2013
so, that man succeeded in committing suicide at last. o ga o grin

1 Like

Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 04, 2013
Afam4eva: That reminds me of a video i watched where a lion was trying to devour it's caretaker. I never wish to meet a Tiger or Lion in my life. Especially a Wolf and Hyena. But i will prefer a Lion to a Wolf. Ask me why?
why? undecided
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by masterpiecer(m): 8:20am On Jul 04, 2013

Another why?

2 Likes

Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by MillionDollars: 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
Yeh! I wan shi.t o!! B.r.b
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by AbuMikey(m): 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
Too Bad!!!
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by Afrocatalyst: 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
I hate attacks frm behind. Except its a romantic attack frm behind. I pity d man.

6 Likes

Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by free2ryhme: 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
see the guy don die now .. becos he forget one simple reality .. A wild animal will always be a wild animal

1 Like

Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by slimyem: 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
But neighbours said the animals were only fed
twice a week and had become aggressive.
This must have been it.
They knew chicken meatballs could not satisfy them so they went for larger and juicier meat.
Amimals will always be animals! undecided
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
zoologist GEJ cnt make such mistake

9 Likes

Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by denony(m): 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
ARA NWANYI ASABA

I SAID IT. THIS OYIBO PEOPLE AND THEIR STUPIDITY

2 Likes

Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by moshoodn(m): 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
They really did not get on well...

They should be family already after over 2 years of nurturing.
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by 1shortblackboy: 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
sey ei no see nor mal dog or cat buy keep for house na tiger ! na him sabi
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by zumarock8(m): 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2013
so him wife senoir him....
21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by theripper3: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2013
I no fit cry for the man o cuz na him codedly sign him death warrant. Now he is in the belly of the beast.
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2013
masterpiecer:

Another why?
loooool!!!
And another why?
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by cuteshade(f): 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2013
May his soul rest in peace. That was a cruel death.
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
the_ripper3: I no fit cry for the man o cuz na him codedly sign him death warrant. Now he is in the belly of the beast.
lool..let him pray to God as prophet jonah did, maybe God will make the beast vomit him alive.
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by johnstar(m): 3:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
So 'em leave fowl, go chao person sad such is live, imagine d wife looking 4rm 15yards grin grin grin
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mu he he he he he

Those sumbitches got tired of eating turkey and meatballs and decided to try a new type of delicacy. One that is alive and kicking.

Lesson: you cannot remove the primal instints from a wild animal.
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by vislabraye(m): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
Owners of big cats usually don't have a Happy ending. A beast will always be a beast.
But the owner has guts. He only fed it 3 times a week?

1 Like

Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
zumarock8: so him wife senoir him....
21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
yes o the wife senior him.
I like westerners style of relationship, it is coded.
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by agohavivi(f): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
A third why? Don't feel unnecessarily important because some of us want to know why o.
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by otijah(m): 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
u never wished to meet a lion but prefer lion to wolf, u ar senseless

11 Likes

Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by Djtm(m): 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
Why keep tigers? I'll prefer to keep lions than tigers
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
johnstar: So 'em leave fowl, go chao person sad such is live, imagine d wife looking 4rm 15yards grin grin grin
loool...why can't i view the video, would love to see the woman's face and how much she loves her dead husband.
But i'm not cracking jokes over this situation. I am seriously vexed at the man's stupi.di.ty
Re: Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them by ektbear: 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
Cats in general are untrustworthy, evil creatures. I am not surprised.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler / Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit / Fantastic Four: 4 Nigerian Teenage Girls Invent Urine-Powered Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.