Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede (17786 Views)

7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Alibaba’s Wife Appointed MD Of Enterprise Bank / Intercontinental Becomes A Subsidiary Of Access Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Built2last: 8:07am On Jul 04, 2013
The Board of Directors of Access Bank Plc has the appointment of Mr Her bert Wigwe to succeed Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, CON, as Group Managing Director/ Chief executive Officer when he retires from the bank in December.

. Aig-Imoukhuede, 46, will be leaving the Group by the end of 2013 after eleven and a half years of outstanding performance.

In a statement by the Bank’s spokesman, Mr. Olusegun Fafore Chairman Access Bank Plc, Mr. Gbenga Oyebode, MFR, was quotes to have said:

“On behalf of the Board of Directors and our employees, I would like to appreciate Aigboje’s unwavering commitment to excellence and sustainable business practices, which have propelled us to a position of leadership in Nigeria and the sub-region. His vision, integrity and enterprise have earned him local and international recognition.

Having received the necessary regulatory approvals, I am pleased to announce that Mr. Herbert Wigwe, 46, currently Group Deputy Managing Director has been appointed CEO designate and will succeed Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede at the end of 2013. In line with the Bank’s robust succession planning policies, Aigboje and Herbert will spend the next 6 months to implement a seamless handover.”

Commenting on the succession, Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede said,

“The first chapter of Access Bank’s remarkable transformation story has been completed and I will retire satisfied and giving God all the glory for the successes recorded during my tenure. I thank the Chairman, Mr. Oyebode, other members of our Board and all my colleagues in the Bank for their wonderful support.

Early in 2012, I disclosed to our Board of Directors my desire to retire at the end of 2013; pursuant to which the Board of Directors unanimously decided that Herbert Wigwe would be the next CEO of Access Bank. He has been an outstanding deputy to me and has a complete understanding of our strategies, culture, technology and competitive environment. Importantly, he has strong relationships with our entire management team and customers. We believe that Herbert’s background and skills make him a perfect fit to lead Access Bank as we enter the next chapter of our transformation”.

“I am excited to take on this new role,” said Mr. Herbert Wigwe.

“Access Bank has incredibly talented employees and is in a strong position to further its leadership in the industry. I look forward to leading Access Bank in years ahead and helping to make it even stronger than it is today. I would like to thank the Board for their strong endorsement and the opportunity to lead this great institution. I look forward to meeting our employees, customers, and shareholders across our various markets in the weeks and months ahead”.

Mr. Herbert Wigwe served as an Executive Director responsible for Corporate Banking in Guaranty Trust Bank Plc. In 2002, he resigned to join Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede in transforming Access Bank Plc as Group Deputy Managing Director. Herbert is an alumnus of Harvard Business School, and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). He also holds Masters Degrees in Banking and International Finance from the University College of North Wales and Financial Economics from the University of London respectively.

http://therainbow.com.ng/access-bank-appoints-wigwe-to-succeed-imoukhede-as-mdceo/
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Boss13: 9:27am On Jul 04, 2013
Congratulations to Wigwe. You have to surpass the Master Cowboy
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by surveycash(m): 9:40am On Jul 04, 2013
Hoping this will revamp the system cos since their merger/acquisition, customers have experienced service dissatisfaction.

2 Likes

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by yuzedo: 9:40am On Jul 04, 2013
Duh! no suprises cool

Anyway Herbert is my bois. I know all of him and his broda + sistas. congrat my boy i always new u will maked me proud das why i neva gave up on u cos i new one day u gonna be MD. wink

is time to celebrate. my bois are doin well. i will call his bro Don Waggy dis nite tho his in abroad. i will cross d fashala tollgate brige to sellybrate wit dem in lekky face 1 smiley

11 Likes

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by dj187: 9:44am On Jul 04, 2013
Congrats my Ikwerre broda, U started from the bottom now u here
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by 18wheeler: 9:44am On Jul 04, 2013
Aig can begin to prepare to take over CBN when SLS's reign ends in 2014

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by fitzmayowa: 9:50am On Jul 04, 2013
Thats good news

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Gold2NairaCom(m): 9:51am On Jul 04, 2013
Congratulation to Wigwe, but please tell your staff(s) to stop sending SPAM SMS to people. My phone inbox is filled with Access Bank SMS.

3 Likes

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 04, 2013
Leaving at 46 after 11.5 years as MD

Bank MD/founder at 34?

Sometimes you wonder how these guys did it?

No be the same work I dey do. cheesy

At 35, many people still banking officer

14 Likes

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Wendyslim(f): 10:07am On Jul 04, 2013
Congratulations
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Pa22(m): 10:08am On Jul 04, 2013
surveycash: Hoping this will revamp the system cos since their merger/acquisition, customers have experienced service dissatisfaction.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by hunkydory(m): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2013
Access bank mobile bank app is superb.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Delible(m): 10:13am On Jul 04, 2013
Scam and Fraud moved to next person. Next man to chop money.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by dahmie2013: 10:18am On Jul 04, 2013
18wheeler: Aig can begin to prepare to take over CBN when SLS's reign ends in 2014

Yes o! cheesy cheesy
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by ichommy(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2013
Delible: Scam and Fraud moved to next person. Next man to chop money.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by kelsonpoint(m): 10:31am On Jul 04, 2013
Which part of ikwerre is he from?
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by drdams: 10:32am On Jul 04, 2013
Dats exactly wot success means.. Mks u stand out...
Jarus: Leaving at 46 after 11.5 years as MD

Bank MD/founder at 34?

2 Likes

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by hunkydory(m): 10:36am On Jul 04, 2013

Bank MD/founder at 34?

He is an alumnus of Harvard University,he has an LLB and a BL.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by OAM4J: 10:41am On Jul 04, 2013

Bank MD/founder at 34?

Me sef wonder!
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 04, 2013
Ikwerre anu meka oh! Dieli!! Meka!! Dieli!! Meka!! Dieli!!

Nleri ya nma! Oyoyo!!

Tup! Oooooohhhhh!!!

As one wise Ikwerre man dey read booookoooo so that e go be Access Bank CEO...two unwise ones, Amaechi and Wike dey kill themselves...

Herbert, I love your credentials...

Meanwhile is Herbert the son of Ikechi Henry Wigwe, as in the Rivers NRC Guber aspirant those days?

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by godsboy4eva: 10:46am On Jul 04, 2013

Bank MD/founder at 34?

Your comment got me thinking again! The other time Elumelu left UBA, he was 47 years of age. He became the CEO of then STB at age 29. I shall break into that circle by the grace of God!

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 04, 2013
Retires at 46??
Bloody hell!

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 04, 2013

Bank MD/founder at 34?

I dey tell you. These guys make average fellows look like utter failures. The likes of Tony Elumelu and Jim Ovia also became bank CEOs in their thirties. Crazy. In my opinion though, it would be more difficult to achieve such feats in present-day Nigeria. The 1980s and early 1990s was the golden age of short-cuts, when all kinds of characters achieved massive success out of nowhere. . .from the banking industry to oil & gas and whatnot. These days, people eye don too open and awareness don plenty.

7 Likes

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by tchikelue: 10:54am On Jul 04, 2013
Congrats and pls use this opportunity to restructure the bank because for months now the bank has suffered so many wrong and image damaging decisions by Cowboy AIG. Replacing Sanusi? From frying pan to fire!!!

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Emperoh(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2013

Bank MD/founder at 34?

Just the same thing going through my mind.
Some sure do have it. . . .. . . luck and the brains

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by akintun: 11:01am On Jul 04, 2013

Bank MD/founder at 34?

D new MD was also an executive director at 35. Na aw oooooo
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 04, 2013
pro01:

I dey tell you. These guys make average fellows look like utter failures. The likes of Tony Elumelu and Jim Ovia also became bank CEOs in their thirties. Crazy. In my opinion though, it would be more difficult to achieve such feats in present-day Nigeria. The 1980s and early 1990s was the golden age of short-cuts, when all kinds of characters achieved massive success out of nowhere. . .from the banking industry to oil & gas and whatnot. These days, people eye don too open and awareness don plenty.

At 31, some folks are seeing me 'star' giving the little one has done.

But I look again and ask, in 4 years time, I'll be 35, if my career line was banking, could I have thought of becoming a bank CEO?

I have an elder bro that I also look up to as super career star, and he is a DGM at 34. Measured against these guys, that seems to pale into insignificance.

Even Fola Adeola and Tayo Aderinokun founded GTB at 34 and 33 respectively.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 04, 2013
pro01:

I have a classmate (30) that resigned his job as Head of Fixed Income Security of an investment institution to open his own investment banking outfit last year at 29.

I'm still watching how far he can go......
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Emperoh(m): 11:18am On Jul 04, 2013
Jarus:

At 31, some folks are seeing me 'star' giving the little one has done.

But I look again and ask, in 4 years time, I'll be 35, if my career line was banking, could I have thought of becoming a bank CEO?

I have an elder bro that I also look up to as super career star, and he is a DGM at 34. Measured against these guys, that seems to pale into insignificance.

Even Fola Adeola and Tayo Aderinokun founded GTB at 34 and 33 respectively.

The guy you quoted above was correct but i am not sure if i will give a tightened noose as a reason why it isn't possible these days.

It is left for us to decode a sector that could be as big as the banking sector to be able to make such cool age achievement. The power sector seems like it, but abeg who get that kind capital? grin grin

Kudos to them!
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2013
Emperoh:

The guy you quoted above was correct but i am not sure if i will give a tightened noose as a reason why it isn't possible these days.

It is left for us to decode a sector that could be as big as the banking sector to be able to make such cool age achievement. The power sector seems like it, but abeg who get that kind capital? grin grin

Kudos to them!

I have known the guy as a big risk taker, but was surprised when he told he had resigned to float his own firm last year. Leaving guaranteed decent monthly income for unsure route.

Atedo Peterside also floated IBTC at 32 years in 1989 when he came back from London.

A 32 year old banker is merely entry level today.

That said, I think IT is the industry you can achieve such feat today.

Zuckerberg and co started Facebook at 20

Our own Seun also founded Nairaland at 23 or therabout. Seun should also be worth decent millions today, and NL alone cannot be valued less than N100m.

2 Likes

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 04, 2013
Emperoh:

Kudos to them!

The banking sector appears locked now, I agree.

Sometimes, when I read those guys stories, I feel like resigning and go float my own outfit, but fear go catch me cheesy

Honestly, something keeps telling me I can operate a successful consultancy, based chei, the risk dey fear me. cheesy A lot of things with this job one does: guaranteed salary, free medical for one and family, bonuses, less stress compared to when the business is yours etc. The stake is just too high.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by pistol: 11:39am On Jul 04, 2013
God please bless my hustle.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Mega Stations ‘begin’ 24-hour Petrol Sale / Starting A Lucrative Business In 2015 / Nigeria One Of The Fastest Growing Economy Globally – US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.