Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:51 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (678292 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by NothingDoMe: 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
Qei2u:
Us drop box was cos people stayed back n were sending their passports via dhl for renewal

Pple still using medicaid to birth
And hospitals going back door to collect medicaid

Just know there r people on this grp that were turned back and there r people here who scaled through,there r people here who claim dey did medical ,and there are those who truly did

Dis table am shaking sha grin
Na the same thing we dey talk. How many people stayed back? Almost 40k. How many people the thing affect? 198m.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Okolinneoma(f): 6:34pm On Jul 13, 2019
nadesh:
Anyone traveling in September and have an apartment to share around Brampton should pls mention me.
Goodevening to you, please don’t be angry oohh.. did you do the online route or paper route ?
Please, how long did it take them to process your application and request for your passport.
Will appreciate your response .
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by quin9(f): 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
all this argument is unnecessary these countries will still take whatever decision they like against us (irrespective of country) they deem fit,we that got medical Visa(US)same hospital stated at interview even spent more than stated at interview,where are we today?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 6:56pm On Jul 13, 2019
u mean u were denied visa when u renewd?

quin9:
all this argument is unnecessary these countries will still take whatever decision they like against us (irrespective of country) they deem fit,we that got medical Visa(US)same hospital stated at interview even spent more than stated at interview,where are we today?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by quin9(f): 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
[quote author=Hotstepper post=80233140]
u mean u were denied visa when u

Yes
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 9:38am On Jul 14, 2019
Hotstepper:

u mean u were denied visa when u renewd?

That the trend in the us now. As long as your bill is less than 10k with discounts in it. Us will deny you whether you declared or not at the time of obtaining Visa is irrelevant now

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by smatadex(m): 11:08am On Jul 14, 2019
Please house, I need your advice. I want my wife to give birth in Canada (Not Pregnant yet) but I need to know what should be my budget. We both have families there. I was told to set aside $10k-$15k. Do I need up to that or not? Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:48am On Jul 14, 2019
Yes u do

smatadex:
Please house, I need your advice. I want my wife to give birth in Canada (Not Pregnant yet) but I need to know what should be my budget. We both have families there. I was told to set aside $10k-$15k. Do I need up to that or not? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
smatadex:

Yes, if you are not using CS, otherwise prepare more than that.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Neneokoye: 2:49pm On Jul 14, 2019
Good Afternoon All,

I’m 2 months pregnant and I wish to give birth in Canada. I work as well as my husband but our saving cannot fund my trip but my daddy want las to transfers all that is required to me. Will the lump sum be a problem? As I want to start my application. Help a sister �

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by dondam: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
Hello all,

My wife has given birth in canada and I want to know if I need to book an appointment at the canadian consulate office for consent letter since i am not travelling or I just drive down to the office without any appointment?.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2019
Consent letter for what exactly?if it is for your wife to travel with your child to Nigeria, you do not need to.

Congratulations!

dondam:
Hello all,

My wife has given birth in canada and I want to know if I need to book an appointment at the canadian consulate office for consent letter since i am not travelling or I just drive down to the office without any appointment?.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by dondam: 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
Sorry, To apply for the canadian passport, they require that I go to candian office in lagos and fill a form. I wanted to know if i need to book an appointment before i can go to the embassy and how do I go about it. What site do I book from ?

Hotstepper:

Consent letter for what exactly?if it is for your wife to travel with your child to Nigeria, you do not need to.

Congratulations!

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
you do not book an appt. When ur wife submits the application, the pasaport attendant will give her document no etc to give u. you just need that doc no and ur int. passport to go and sign . once u sign, it will be faxed bk to the office in Canada.

dondam:
Sorry, To apply for the canadian passport, they require that I go to candian office in lagos and fill a form. I wanted to know if i need to book an appointment before i can go to the embassy and how do I go about it. What site do I book from ?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
I do not see why it should be a problem, If anything, you explain.

Neneokoye:
Good Afternoon All,

I’m 2 months pregnant and I wish to give birth in Canada. I work as well as my husband but our saving cannot fund my trip but my daddy want las to transfers all that is required to me. Will the lump sum be a problem? As I want to start my application. Help a sister �
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hebrewmama: 8:55am On Jul 15, 2019
Hello Everyone,

On 24 April, 2019 i had my bio metrics done after i had submitted my application via the online route.

On June 6, 2019 We got a response for procedural fairness regarding the hotel we booked, their concern was that there was no booking. We immediately responded informing them that a reservation was made but after we noticed attempts by the hotel to deduct the booking cost from our bank card, we cancelled the booking.

This response was a day after on June 7, 2019 and till now our profile hasn't been updated we haven't had any response from them.

Is this normal, what do you advise we do or who do we contact.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by NothingDoMe: 9:56am On Jul 15, 2019
Hebrewmama:
Hello Everyone,

On 24 April, 2019 i had my bio metrics done after i had submitted my application via the online route.

On June 6, 2019 We got a response for procedural fairness regarding the hotel we booked, their concern was that there was no booking. We immediately responded informing them that a reservation was made but after we noticed attempts by the hotel to deduct the booking cost from our bank card, we cancelled the booking.

This response a day after on June 7, 2019 and till now our profile hasn't been updated we haven't had any response from them.

Is this normal, what do you advise we do or who do we contact.
You can use the webform to find out about the status of your application if it has exceeded processing times.

Can I ask if you attached proof of the hotel booking agreements and the attempts to deduct the funds?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hebrewmama: 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2019
NothingDoMe:
You can use the webform to find out about the status of your application if it has exceeded processing times.

Can I ask if you attached proof of the hotel booking agreements and the attempts to deduct the funds?

Thank you.

I attached the previous hotel booking and mentioned that I was unaware they ran a prepayment and non refundable policy.

Then I attached a new reservation with a latter date.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by NothingDoMe: 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hebrewmama:

Thank you.

I attached the previous hotel booking and mentioned that I was unaware they ran a prepayment and non refundable policy.

it means the hotel actually followed their policy so it's not their fault. This means that you are actually owing the hotel money as per the agreement.

If you used your card to pay, and you agreed, albeit unknowingly, for a non-refundable prepayment to be made, the transaction should have gone through.

How did you manage to block the funds?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hebrewmama:

Thank you.

I think you are fine. They will respond with the final decision.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MissDee007: 8:00am On Jul 16, 2019
No need to share my experience seeing as people are now mad

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MissDee007: 8:16am On Jul 16, 2019
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:19am On Jul 16, 2019
Congratulations! Thank you for.coming back to give feedback.

We do not know why these people.were turned back as we know our people.are somehow. I have seen people with medical visa with proper documentation come in anf have theit baby So we do.not know the questions and answers the people that were sent bk provided. Did your familu friend have medical.visa? was she with visiting visa and went to POE and said I am.here to have my babh eih no drs appt etc.

Also, as a non resident, detest from.using any free services. Pay for all.thr services u want to get and leave cuz my prediction is that Canada if thry continue to givr Visa might turn to be likr the US and start calling for interviews. Do do spoil.ur future chances. you only need to.see the dr once of u r going to be here for the next 6 weeks nd ur baby once also unless ofcourse somrthing csme.up. Vaccination should not cost much as well.

Also be mindful.of how long u r staying if u dsid u told them visiting..It might not mean anything now but if Canada changes their method it becomes something else.

MissDee007:
Hello everyone!

So, I got my TRV and travelled in June. I initially was going to declare childbirth at POE as I did not apply for childbirth (plan was to birth in America and go visit my family with the baby in Canada but seeing as my US visa was denied after I applied to Canada I decided to come to canada if I got my Canadian visa). I eventually did not declare childbirth at POE Pearson Toronto. I decided not to declare at POE because a family friend was turned back at the border the week before. My aunt who lives here in Canada called to warn me against declaring at the border so I carried my belly and didn’t declare child birth.

Since I’ve been in Canada, I’ve heard of several women who have been turned back at the border for childbirth. My uncle is a pastor so we hear all the stories from his congregation who call him to ask for prayers and advice on how to proceed going forward.

I gave birth at Windsor Metropolitan Hospital
Hospital fees - 450 admittance fee + 2950 bed for mummy and baby
Doctor fees - 3300 includes epidural (natural)
Tests, scans and lab work - around 300
Circumcision for baby - 280 done same day after birth
Family doctor visits - 45 per visit

The Windsor hospital staff were kind enough to introduce me to a home care nurse for people with no OHIP cards or insurance coverage so all my post partum checkups are free and my baby will be vaccinated at 2 months for free.

I didn’t get to see a gynae as I travelled at 38.5 weeks, met the family doctor at 39 weeks and he booked an appointment with the gynae for me but I went into labour before that appointment. The gynae I was meant to see was the one who delivered my baby though. He happened to be on call at the hospital. The gynae that delivered my baby was paid in cash at the hospital alongside all the other fees.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MissDee007: 8:28am On Jul 16, 2019
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:37am On Jul 16, 2019
Yes it is good for us to hear these reasons why people were sent back. did shr havr any drs appt on her? Yhe nurses that comee for.home.visit, u think they will.not br paid for coming to.see you?

Yes, the nurses might have done that for you but it is left for you to say Yes or No as this is the reason alot of people are being denied US visa now even though it is not their fault as they did not even know discount will be a problem.nd that these hospitals will go bk to take get their money bk from the govt.

Yes depends on Officer just like during visa.applicatoon.

MissDee007:

Hi HotStepper,

The nurse actually comes to visit you at home. They passed on my details to her from the hospital, she called and came to our house herself. I am still going to see the family doctor after as I’ve started building a file for my son here plus he’s the doctor I visited in the past when I was in Canada. I’ve had past experience with him. I will take your advice and vaccinate with the family doctor.

As for the family friend, she didn’t declare childbirth for her TRV but did at POE and was sent back because of that reason which was why I decided not to at POE. You never know which immigration officer you’re going to meet.

The officer I met at POE didn’t ask me about length of time, he was being trained when I was crossing alongside my mum, asked where we were going, who we were going to see, if we had any food and then stamped us in (6 months). My stomach was showing a little but I was dressed smart so if he noticed or not I have no clue!

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MissDee007: 8:44am On Jul 16, 2019
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hebrewmama: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2019
NothingDoMe:
it means the hotel actually followed their policy so it's not their fault. This means that you are actually owing the hotel money as per the agreement.

If you used your card to pay, and you agreed, albeit unknowingly, for a non-refundable prepayment to be made, the transaction should have gone through.

How did you manage to block the funds?

I do not dispute that, its my mistake as I didn't pay attention to the agreement hence I was unaware of the hotel's prepayment policy till I received the procedural fairness letter.

I only knew there was an attempt to get some money out of my account.

It was after I received the procedural fairness letter a family member advised I check the hotels policy and ensure there was no prepayment plan, cancellation or refund in my next reservation.

About the funds it was a lot of money and thankfully i didn't have up to the expected amount or half of it when the transaction was initiated.

Anyways, Lesson learnt as I am hoping for the best.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by NothingDoMe: 11:51am On Jul 16, 2019
Hebrewmama:

It was after I received the procedural fairness letter a family member advised I check the hotels policy and ensure there was no prepayment plan, cancellation or refund in my next reservation.

About the funds it was a lot of money and thankfully i didn't have up the expected amount or half of it when the transaction initiated.
I suspected as much but wanted to confirm from you.

I think it is fraud/misreprensation(at their end) vs honest mistake(at your end).

It is up to them now. Good luck.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ekwynox: 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have read through this thread. It's been educating. I have had a second thought and arrived at the option of birthing in Canada. I initially opted for the US but seeing the goings-on over there, I have had a change of mind.

I have a few questions regarding the process:

1. Does one need a letter from a doctor, that indicates the doctor would be birthing the patient, before hand in order to initiate the online application.

2. Which family practice doctor and what region do you recommend as I do not have any relative in Canada? I intend to rent a hotel or an affordable accommodation. I have a budget of $15K and EDD is December 2019. I would appreciate it if I can ger contacts of doctors/hospitals you recommend.

Thank you as you reply.

NB: The above information is requested for my brother's spouse. I was the one that encouraged her to birth in the US so that she can stay with me and family.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ajajd: 3:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
Hello Hotstepper,folmus,omobendel and everyone who has seen to the smooth running of this thread.. please I would like to know what it means to have an online current status that states "Application/ profile updated"I discovered that today . Initially my current status used to say "submitted". I applied on 3rd June,did biometrics on 6th June, but is yet to get a response from them. Really don't know what to think anymore. Thanks, hoping to get response
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
ajajd:
Hello Hotstepper,folmus,omobendel and everyone who has seen to the smooth running of this thread.. please I would like to know what it means to have an online current status that states Application/ profile updated I discovered that today . Initially my current status used to say "submitted". I applied on 3rd June,did biometrics on 6th June, but is yet to get a response from them. Really don't know what to think anymore. Thanks, hoping to get response

It simply means there was an activity on your account. Click on Application Status, you will see what happens: perhaps your eligibility is being reviewed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (167) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.