Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682539 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 20, 2019
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tutsy50: 7:23am On Nov 20, 2019
U are right about the high risk pregnancy issue,
But this is it,the midwife I went to see here in oshawa isnt going to collect a penny for her services,the whole blood work and ultra sound if I decide to use them,I will only be paying for the hospital bed.if I decide to leave immediately after birth,the bill will be different from me staying over night,would also have her for house calls for like 6weeks post partum.this is my ish with all this,FREE!!!!sounds good but I wouldn't want free to jeopardise my chances of renewing my Canadian Visa in the future.
Had 2 other kids in USA, and I have to carry my medical Bill's anytime am travelling to the states or for the renewal of my Visa.they always ask,which is also frustrating though.
The midwife said I wouldn't be her first non OHIP patient.kinda confused though.

Hi, personally i think midwifery is nice and cool and all if you have a low risk pregnancy. Most midwives like natural things start to finish and will discourage you from taking pain relief. But if you want modern science or you and your child ever needs medical attention then midwifery is not for you. Also note that if you have a high risk pregnancy then you should not even be considering a midwife. Also note if you go to have your baby and pay midwife and later need obstetrician then your bill will double since you would need to pay for both services. [/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 20, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tutsy50: 7:52am On Nov 20, 2019
My points exactly.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:31am On Nov 20, 2019
Yes cuz those people do not charge u anything and only send u to do a blood work. Most od these people wont even ask questions or even know anytjing about int.patients cuz they will still be paid as long as they saw a patient.

I knoe some people.who.has family here comes and in other to save money, they suggest midwife so abeg make una run oo cuz of the future. As we r alrrady seeing here, things are changing.

Thank u for asking as this is a learning ground.

Bluefin:

@hotstepper is this not considered as public benefit? Just be careful to have evidence of paying the practitioner you use so that it wont come and bite you in the back. You are a visitor and should not be getting health benefit if you do not pay for it.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by pearlchi2009: 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2019
pearlchi2009:
Hello House,

Please I urgently need an assistant because the Embassy has requested I provide proof from a competent Canadian Health Authority that formal arrangements have been made to provide payment for health services related to the birth. We are requesting official documents certified by a Regional Health Authority and administration that formal arrangements have been made.

read up precious posts lots of answer here already.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

Thank you but I have also been in the web of what others are facing. I have sent you an email invite, please respond so I can discuss with you.

Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by pearlchi2009: 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
LYDIAMOND:
read up precious posts lots of answer here already.

Please check your email. Need to speak with someone on this.

THanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by pearlchi2009: 12:54pm On Nov 20, 2019
Judzygal:

I am still looking for hospital ... My sister called some and visited some, none has accepted to Receive payment prior to my arrival.... they even said registration can only be done in person.

Hello,

Any luck with this?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by TMJDiva: 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2019
Hello.
Please does having an Express entry profile affect your chances of getting a visa to give birth in canada?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:55pm On Nov 20, 2019
It shouldn't

TMJDiva:
Hello.
Please does having an Express entry profile affect your chances of getting a visa to give birth in canada?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by okoji: 8:24pm On Nov 20, 2019
Has anyones visa been approved lately?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Semisolasola: 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Pls In my letter of explanation ? Is it ok or necessary to state citizenship as the major reason for applying aside from Good health care.
I await your responses
Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by BolaRach: 10:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
Good evening everyone. @lankesholanke please I am 28wks preg and stucked in that same situation....I'm new here and don't really know how this works. Kindly lets link up to share details hospital details with me and how to make payment. Thanks n God bless u

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2019
L

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 8:49am On Nov 24, 2019
Bluefin:

In my opinion, what a Visa Officer will really want to see is something that explains why you cannot have your baby in your home country.
-High Maternal Mortality
-The provider you found in CA is specialized in your type of preg risk or condition
-High Rate of Sudden Infant Death syndrome etc
-Past history of complication

I do not think including citizenship in this bracket is a good idea because a visa officer will be like [b]really? [/b]you want free health care and school when your child is 18 and you would never have contributed to the economy.

What statistics do you get this from ? And is maternal mortality absent there too? cheesy wink
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Semisolasola: 9:02am On Nov 24, 2019
Bluefin:

In my opinion, what a Visa Officer will really want to see is something that explains why you cannot have your baby in your home country.
-High Maternal Mortality
-The provider you found in CA is specialized in your type of preg risk or condition
-High Rate of Sudden Infant Death syndrome etc
-Past history of complication

I do not think including citizenship in this bracket is a good idea because a visa officer will be like [b]really? [/b]you want free health care and school when your child is 18 and you would never have contributed to the economy.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Semisolasola: 9:04am On Nov 24, 2019
The keyword is “high mortality rate” and the statistics is everywhere.. grin
folmus:

What statistics do you get this from ? And is maternal mortality absent there too? cheesy wink
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 24, 2019
L

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 24, 2019
O

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Semisolasola: 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2019
I really do agree with you but then if it’s really for medical services,there are other countries who can equally avail that service to me..A vo can say why not UK,or any European country or even Dubai..you know what I mean grin
Bluefin:

I agree with you, but i just think that as a VO, citizenship is NOT a justifiable reason to give any one a visa. If they have a visa already that is different. But applying for a visa to benefit from citizenship by birth may just seem like it is not a medical visa. But thats just my opinion
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hi
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Franeby: 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hello everyone, pls i have a question.. so my agent filled my application(which i now know i should have done myself). I joined Nairaland not too long ago.

Heres my dilenma. I asked her recently to forward me d soft copy of the application so i can go through it and then i observed where they asked if uve ever been denied a visa or entry into any country before, she filled no. but in my case in 2008/9, i applied for a student visa to the US. upon my interview, d consular asked me to go get some documentation i didnt have at the time from my school and reapply but i never went back to the embassy because by the time, i got the info, my life had progressed here in Nigeria so i was no longer intrested.

I applied for my Canadian visa, August 7th, got a mail October 30th asking me to make formal payment arrangement with a canadian health authority and revert, which i have done and waiting for their reply.

Realising this error in my application- pls what do u advise i do? i will really appreciate your response.. Thank u
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by passionup: 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hello all, good day
There have been an upsurge from the embassy demanding for proof from a competent Canadian Health Authority that formal arrangements have been made to provide payment for health services related to the birth in medical Visa applications. What is this all about and what does it entail . Who has even submitted something and gotten a positive response. I would love people that are in this stage to kindly respond. Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by okoji: 8:43pm On Nov 24, 2019
How do you upload an additional document on the online portal? For instance, those that were asked to provide proof from a competent health authority, Can they upload it or just reply the mail and wait?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2019
Since people come and do not pay bills esp.wen their baby has to remain in thr hospital for extended period of time, thus accumlating more money that people cannot pay.

The embassy now wants people to pay 1st ( even though baby might still need extra attention) but the koko with the health system is that no hospital will takr payment from any patient that is not in the.country. In essence, I think it is the end of birth tourism in Canada.

There is also the trend now that people who applied for tourist visa are being called and asked if they are preggy nd go for test.

I thought i should just say my thoughtd here cuz I am sure more people will find their way here to be ask same question.

If anybody has more stuff to add, feel free

passionup:
Hello all, good day
There have been an upsurge from the embassy demanding for proof from a competent Canadian Health Authority that formal arrangements have been made to provide payment for health services related to the birth in medical Visa applications. What is this all about and what does it entail . Who has even submitted something and gotten a positive response. I would love people that are in this stage to kindly respond. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2019
I think you send it via email

okoji:
How do you upload an additional document on the online portal? For instance, those that were asked to provide proof from a competent health authority, Can they upload it or just reply the mail and wait?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2019
passionup:
Hello all, good day
This just started early this November or late October and I guess people that responded haven't gotten a response yet.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2019
okoji:
Just reply to the mail or use webform
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 9:54pm On Nov 24, 2019
Some hospitals do take payment from international patients before arrival. $5000-$10,000 thereabout. So I think the problem will be for people looking for cheap bills. Just get ready to pay with $8000 thereabout for Vaginal birth and ofcourse higher for CS
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:14pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ok. can u list some of the hospitals so that people who can afford it can reach out to those hospitals

Candybright:
Some hospitals do take payment from international patients before arrival. $5000-$10,000 thereabout. So I think the problem will be for people looking for cheap bills. Just get ready to pay with $8000 thereabout for Vaginal birth and ofcourse higher for CS
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Semisolasola: 10:14pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hotstepper:
Since people come and do not pay bills esp.wen their baby has to remain in thr hospital for extended period of time, thus accumlating more money that people cannot pay.

The embassy now wants people to pay 1st ( even though baby might still need extra attention) but the koko with the health system is that no hospital will takr payment from any patient that is not in the.country. In essence, I think it is the end of birth tourism in Canada.

There is also the trend now that people who applied for tourist visa are being called and asked if they are preggy nd go for test.

I thought i should just say my thoughtd here cuz I am sure more people will find their way here to be ask same question.

If anybody has more stuff to add, feel free

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Semisolasola: 10:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hotstepper:
Ok. can u list some of the hospitals so that people who can afford it can reach out to those hospitals

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.