Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,499 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (681674 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AfonjaBoston: 3:42pm On Jan 27, 2020
Demicoker:
A refusal it was.
Applied Nov 2nd
Refused : January 6
Based on family ties in Canada and Nigeria and also purpose of visit
Majority have been refused but don’t come back to tell.
For those applying next,your application should be tight,I don’t know how else tho or mybe applicants should write to embassy and ask if Canada is still going on birth tourism at this point.
Success to those waiting!

Your denial was on.point grin grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2020
that is good enough as no dr will give u correspondence. i hope not dr Ayodele

flow2davis:
Thanks so much for your feedback.
Have actually spoken with a Dr, who only asked to give them @ POE his hospital contact to call to confirm, but wouldn't give a formal appointment.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 27, 2020
But did life stop or does it affect other countries still doing birth tourism? Or does it affect my stay in thE Caribbeans at the moment..your headache man!!! Have you checked your Blood pressure today?? grin
AfonjaBoston:

Your denial was on.point grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Miriam88: 11:10pm On Jan 27, 2020
Lol���pls do u mind replying my email I sent to you via nairaland!!!still waiting on my application want to see if I can start alternative plan while I wait!!!!

Thanks

Demicoker:
But did life stop or does it affect other countries still doing birth tourism? Or does it affect my stay in thE Caribbeans at the moment..your headache man!!! Have you checked your Blood pressure today?? grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Calypso1234(m): 11:26am On Jan 31, 2020
110 days & still no response from these people o, I have sent several reminders & only Nairobi responded that my application is not with them, probably UK home office. I have contacted UK home office more than 5times via email as well as web form & they have refused to reply.
I am officially tired..... sad
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ennygal: 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2020
Hello mommas. Does anyone has someone living in Saskatchewan, Canada to reach me on 08096867404. Thanks in advance.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Jimisola14: 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
Hello Everyone.

I'm ADETUNJI, I've been following this trend for a while now and I most commend a lot of people who have taking it upon theirself to give prompt and valid answer/advice to those who request for it, thanks for being there.

Sir and Ma, my fiancee and I are getting married this month end. One of our Biggest dreams is to give birth to our children in USA or Canada which makes them a citizen of either of these grate countries.

My babe and I have no international travel history, in fact, we don't have international passport yet, although, we have plans to get it after our wedding.
We started saving for this purpose since last year November which we hope before October or thereabouts we should have saved up to #4m.

Please, we need your kind advice and directives on what to do and how to do.
Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:01pm On Feb 01, 2020
Congrats on your upcoming weeding. I will advise you both apply for tourist visa as use it as ur honeymoon if granted and then after use it for birth purposes. Keep saving too cuz 4m really wont do it

Jimisola14:
Hello Everyone.

I'm ADETUNJI, I've been following this trend for a while now and I most commend a lot of people who have taking it upon theirself to give prompt and valid answer/advice to those who request for it, thanks for being there.

Sir and Ma, my fiancee and I are getting married this month end. One of our Biggest dreams is to give birth to our children in USA or Canada which makes them a citizen of either of these grate countries.

My babe and I have no international travel history, in fact, we don't have international passport yet, although, we have plans to get it after our wedding.
We started saving for this purpose since last year November which we hope before October or thereabouts we should have saved up to #4m.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Jimisola14: 11:32pm On Feb 01, 2020
Ok. Good idea, when do you think we should apply before or after getting our marriage certificate?
Thanks..
Hotstepper:
Congrats on your upcoming weeding. I will advise you both apply for tourist visa as use it as ur honeymoon if granted and then after use it for birth purposes. Keep saving too cuz 4m really wont do it

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:16am On Feb 02, 2020
u will need marriage certifcate as prove that u r married

Jimisola14:
Ok. Good idea, when do you think we should apply before or after getting our marriage certificate?
Thanks..

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Jimisola14: 9:31am On Feb 02, 2020
Ok. Are we going to need a statement of account? If yes, can we use a sponsor and like how much should be on the sponsor's account?
Thank you so much.
Hotstepper:
u will need marriage certifcate as prove that u r married

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by NothingDoMe: 1:23pm On Feb 02, 2020
Jimisola14:
Ok. Are we going to need a statement of account? If yes, can we use a sponsor and like how much should be on the sponsor's account?
Thank you so much.
You need a statement of account. You can't use a sponsor. You need to show that you can afford it from your own personal income.

If you don't meet the requirements then I would advise that you don't waste money needlessly.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Jimisola14: 11:22am On Feb 03, 2020
Sponsor not acceptable for Tourist visa for the purpose of HONEYMOON? Now this is a challenge. What other options do we have because I do not have such amount in my personal account until much later.
Advice please. Thank you.

NothingDoMe:
You need a statement of account. You can't use a sponsor. You need to show that you can afford it from your own personal income.

If you don't meet the requirements then I would advise that you don't waste money needlessly.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Jimisola14: 11:24am On Feb 03, 2020
@Hotstepper I've been waiting to read from you

Jimisola14:
Sponsor not acceptable for Tourist visa for the purpose of HONEYMOON? Now this is a challenge. What other options do we have because I do not have such amount in my personal account until much later.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by flow2davis: 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
Good day everyone,
Please which of these offers the least question/interview at POE for a pregnant woman ; Calgary & Toronto? ( any of them can serve as destination)

Thanks for your feedback
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by NothingDoMe: 6:59pm On Feb 03, 2020
Jimisola14:
No sir. It is not. I heard other countries give birthright citizenship. You can research and try those. I don't know much about them.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by placebo(f): 11:16am On Feb 04, 2020
NothingDoMe:
No sir. It is not. I heard other countries give birthright citizenship. You can research and try those. I don't know much about them.

If you have the resources to wait for a year in brazil after giving birth, you automatically get permanent residency or a passport. I am not sure which one...but definitely one of them.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2020
None of this destinations are cheap,you can’t even bank on agents quotes hence you will stranded over there..clearly, this person isn’t financially ready.. let him save up then apply..agent go just chop your money, your Canada visa fee sef go waste.. this journeys are no child’s play...
placebo:

If you have the resources to wait for a year in brazil after giving birth, you automatically get permanent residency or a passport. I am not sure which one...but definitely one of them.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by brownroses2020: 2:07pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hello everyone, I am new here and have silently read through a lot of the advise here. I am 32 weeks and went through the POE at montreal last week. At the POE. I was asked

my purpose of visit - Visiting family and some shopping

How long family had been here - i told him
Have i been to canada before -Yes
The profession of the family members here - i told him
Did i bring gifts for them -No , i ll buy their gifts here
Enjoy ur stay.

P.S i got my tourist visa 2 years ago ( i wasnt married nor pregnant) and visited last year.

I flew Airfrance my pregnancy did not even bother them and my fit to fly letter was not even asked for. I called customer care though and was told i can fly anytime before 36weeks.

I wish all expectant moms luck in their tourism hustle.

P.S any one has any good and affordable hospital contact in montreal.

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 4:33pm On Feb 05, 2020
brownroses2020:
Hello everyone, I am new here and have silently read through a lot of the advise here. I am 32 weeks and went through the POE at montreal last week. At the POE. I was asked

Thank GOD for safe trip and smooth POE.
You can pickup your phone and call ALL the hospitals in Montreal to get a quote. I guess it's not a frequent place for non residents that want to give birth. Safe delivery.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by flow2davis: 4:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
Congratulations Dear,
I am about to book my flight but have been contemplating where to land to avoid plenty question at POE.

Thanks.

brownroses2020:

Enjoy ur stay.

P.S i got my tourist visa 2 years ago ( i wasnt married nor pregnant) and visited last year.

I flew Airfrance my pregnancy did not even bother them and my fit to fly letter was not even asked for. I called customer care though and was told i can fly anytime before 36weeks.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Gracedom: 10:15am On Feb 11, 2020
Good morning lovely people. Please any update, positive or negative?

Pls has anyone gotten approval or denial recently?
And any new means of tackling the regional and provincial health stuff letter being requested for of late? Are they still asking? I’m seriously trying to weigh my options. Pls don’t go silent on the group.

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:11pm On Feb 11, 2020
Nobody will really.know as nobody had been at the 2 airports at the same time. Pretty much be prepared.and if ubr birthing in Alberta,make sure u hold atleast 25k ...good luck

flow2davis:
Good day everyone,
Please which of these offers the least question/interview at POE for a pregnant woman ; Calgary & Toronto? ( any of them can serve as destination)

Thanks for your feedback

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Annakings: 12:10pm On Feb 13, 2020
Please keep us updated on this. I am interested as i will be booking my ticket soon too.

Kind Regards.

flow2davis:
Congratulations Dear,
I am about to book my flight but have been contemplating where to land to avoid plenty question at POE.

Thanks

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:56pm On Feb 13, 2020
Congrats and welcome. I am curious to know why u did not even mention that u r here to have a baby. Let us all be careful, data is been collected. so if u come in 2 yrs time for instance to birth, do u think thrh will not have that info.

We have to help ourselves as Nigerians if theee countries are to trust us. It wouldnt have hurt to say visit family and birth.

Since u have family there, they should find u hospitql and dr na .

Good Luck

brownroses2020:

Enjoy ur stay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2020
Its an expensive city to birth just like Calagry them so she has to make sure she has more than enough

Candybright:

Thank GOD for safe trip and smooth POE.
You can pickup your phone and call ALL the hospitals in Montreal to get a quote. I guess it's not a frequent place for non residents that want to give birth. Safe delivery.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2020
Where do you have dr/hospital/family or friend at?

quote author=flow2davis post=86402393]Congratulations Dear,

Thanks.

[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2020
where do u have ur dr/hospital/family or friends?

Annakings:
Please keep us updated on this. I am interested as i will be booking my ticket soon too.

Kind Regards.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ttosyn12: 11:28am On Feb 15, 2020
Hello everyone, has anyone gotten any update yet (approvals or denials) Please share. Let’s give ourselves hope. The silence is scary!

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ladykak: 3:13am On Feb 17, 2020
Very sad.

I have not received a response yet and i applied since october to be due in a months time. seems they are doing it intentionally. maybe i shouldn't have declared and just gone as a visitor since there are no implications for doing that hiss

Ttosyn12:
Hello everyone, has anyone gotten any update yet (approvals or denials) Please share. Let’s give ourselves hope. The silence is scary!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:50am On Feb 17, 2020
Jimisola14:
Hello Everyone.

Thank you.
First get yourselves a passport and I don't think USA is a fan of birth tourism so try Canada

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (167) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.