Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682198 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:57am On Nov 04, 2017
ur friend is ur best bet. she should walk into any walk in clinics and register with them cuz she needa one anywayz thats if she has not already.

or can look up gyneas in her area and call them thats all.

I am in ontario nd have no clue what happens in Manitoba

abisoyed:
Hello Hotstepper, I have read through all the thread and know how to go about the visa application now. What i need help with is any good doctor information in Winnipeg as my friend lives there and she just relocated two months ago so she does not have much information on doctor or hospital. I would really appreciate any information you can give on this.

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ladylco: 4:46am On Nov 04, 2017
Thankful11011:
Good day everyone, nice job, please I gave birth to my first baby in the USA, I still have a valid visa and yes I paid all my bills, but I want to give birth to my second in canada, I am 9 weeks old and would like to start the application process, please I wanted to ask, I work but my husband will be sponsoring my trip and he won't be applying with me, so who financial statement do I put in my application ? Do I need to put in my landed papers and all that?, thanks so much every one as I await a response

Put all documents, it will help boost yours and hubby ties. put both yours and hubby's.

I recently applied for my parents as a sponsor and in 2wks their visas were approve, You want try documents? Documents kanku!
Submitted their application online on the Fri 13th oct
Biometric request mail received on Sat 14th Oct
Biometric done on Mon !6th Oct
Didnt check their portal all thsew while until recently as i wasnt expecting an outcome that fast
Passport request email received Fri 1st Nov! Letter dated 31st oct (what a wonderful way to start the month Thanks be to God)

All Glory to God in the highest!

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Koolmum: 9:32pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hello All,

Am new on this platform. Pls is anyone travelling for birthing purpose in Dec but due January 2018?kindly contact me on justskoolchibabe@yahoo.com if you wuld be travelling to Toronto or Calgary for birthing purpose. I know it's late but d change came so late and unexpected.kindly bear with me

Or anyone who wishes to rent out a part of dier apartment for 2months,kindly pm or contact me on the above email.
Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Koolmum: 10:57pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hotstepper:

ur friend is ur best bet. she should walk into any walk in clinics and register with them cuz she needa one anywayz thats if she has not already.

or can look up gyneas in her area and call them thats all.

I am in ontario nd have no clue what happens in Manitoba

Hi Hotstepper,

I commend your work.pls do u have anyone who wishes to share dier apartment in Ontario or Calgary for 2months or more?Im pregnant n will be entering Canada first or 2nd week in Dec,I am due Jan 2018.Kindly bear with me cos the change of plan 4me came unexpected.
Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Koolmum: 11:11am On Nov 05, 2017
newbie17:
@Hotstepper

I have a different question if you can help please...

I'm now PR but want to arrive when I'm 35wks to have baby in alberta, this is solely cos i have plenty of things to sort out...will the General Physician still be able to help me get an OBGYN as soon as possible before my due date. or better still how can i work around any hiccup that might arise with not finding an obgyn in time?..

any info wld be appreciated... if you don't mind, can I PM you if i have another query, seeing that my case is a bit different...

Thanks gaan...

Hi newbie17,

Am so sorry my questions and findings 're coming so late.I got my PR last Thurs and I intend to use Alberta esp cos of d free healthcare but have no one der for now.Is t possible you help me with someone who intends to share dier apartment for 2months or more from Dec 9th,2017 and d process of getting everything sorted as per gynae, hospital and all as i am goin to be 35weeks by d time am comin to Canada which will be first week in Dec.

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
I can see you messaged me...waiting for you

Koolmum:

Hi Hotstepper,

I commend your work.pls do u have anyone who wishes to share dier apartment in Ontario or Calgary for 2months or more?Im pregnant n will be entering Canada first or 2nd week in Dec,I am due Jan 2018.Kindly bear with me cos the change of plan 4me came unexpected.
Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Koolmum: 10:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
[quote author=Hotstepper post=62108850]

Hi Hotstepper,

Trust youre doin great.
Pls i would like to know if ders a way u can link me to anyone who is in Calgary whether for childbirth , living and ready to share apartment space with me

I just got PR and I learnt I can get instant healthcare in Calgary.Was hoping to get someone cos I wuld be alone after d registration with hubby.Stayin for 2-3months.Coming in 7th Dec.
Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Koolmum: 10:38pm On Nov 05, 2017
Hotstepper:

Hi Hotstepper,

Just sent u an email.
Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Koolmum: 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2017
ooresky:
Hello @ urblackpearl. here's a breakdown of the bill I paid at bc. I travelled at 34weeks birthed at 38 weeks plus
1st visit with the family dr-160cad
subsequent visits/prenatals-75cad(had 4 visits)
drs fee-2000
hospital bills(cuts across all of b.c cos Fraser Health is in charge of health services in b.c)
3530 cad-maternity
1350 cad- natural delivery
1070 cad- newborn fee

the bill would have ended here but I got another bill of 1450 cad for routine medical tests they did for the baby (which I was told was free @ the hospital)

they took all my blood tests but was made to do strep b, and another one which cost 100 cad.

baby's pasport -107 cad for express (took 5days)

express mail(Canada post) to nig high commission in Ottawa from b.c-75 cad . very crappy service. didn't get the mail after 6 days & had to pick up d baby's E.T.C @ Canada post sorting ctr @Richmond after repeated calls.

E.T.C- 100cad

This is a rough estimate of the bill. been trying to upload the sheet containing the different charges from Fraser Health but it's not uploading...

I hope this helps you ......All the best in your endeavours

Hi sis ,

Trust youre doin grt.Pls i wuld like to confirm if you didn't have to travel to get d nigerian passport for your baby since d only place it's issued is Ottawa?

Will appreciate your response.

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2017
why dont h call the no beaidr their names?

Omodadi2:

Thanks for this. I have tried to search for these doctors on Brampton Hospital but they seem not to work there. Please has anyone used them recently?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodadi2: 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hotstepper:

why dont h call the no beaidr their names?

You mean?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by tolux8899: 5:22pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hello My good people , im new here and my wife is 3 months pregnant and i will want her to give birth in canada... Please house how can i apply for the birth visa online and also any info regarding the doctor will be appreciate or my email is tolulopefowora@gmail.com . Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mizGene(f): 12:10am On Nov 08, 2017
abisoyed:
Hello Hotstepper, I have read through all the thread and know how to go about the visa application now. What i need help with is any good doctor information in Winnipeg as my friend lives there and she just relocated two months ago so she does not have much information on doctor or hospital. I would really appreciate any information you can give on this.

Thank you

There are only 2 hospitals for delivery in Winnipeg: st Boniface and Health sciences. St Boniface costs 4634 and 2361 for mother and baby respectively PER DAY, thats approximately 7k CAD. Health sciences is slightly more expensive, abt 4,900 for mum, cnt rem for baby... and it is per day as well i think.
The ob gyn practise near d hosp costs 1k cad delivery fee.100dol first visit n 50dol subsequent visits...
Budget 200 for tests.
Pead consultation post delivery cost 35dol.

Hope ds helps.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Koolmum: 7:44am On Nov 08, 2017
[quote author=Koolmum post=62108986][/quote]

Pls anyone? Still anticipating....

Thank U
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodadi2: 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2017
Hello hotstepper, i need your asistance, dont know if I can PM you. Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:52pm On Nov 08, 2017
feel free

Omodadi2:
Hello hotstepper, i need your asistance, dont know if I can PM you. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:53pm On Nov 08, 2017
you can help urself if u read from.page 1

tolux8899:
Hello My good people , im new here and my wife is 3 months pregnant and i will want her to give birth in canada... Please house how can i apply for the birth visa online and also any info regarding the doctor will be appreciate or my email is tolulopefowora@gmail.com . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Koolmum: 4:04pm On Nov 09, 2017
Blaw70:
Hello, thanks to everyone who keeps this thread alive,
My birthing experience in Canada. I got in canada through Toronto Pearson airport didn't spend much time at the point of entry because I entered at 28 weeks and I wasn't showing much.
I used dr nicollete caccia @$1500 at 30$ at each visit
She made me more tests at 120$
I used Humber river hospital at 2500$ and baby was 845$ I also took epidural which was 200$(was lucky with d doctor) I'm back in Nigeria by Gods grace collected my baby's passport and all
If u need any help I would be happy to help.

Hi,

How were u able to process your baby's passport?did you have to travel to Ottawa to get t or how were u able to do It?Kindly help
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Viola2017: 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
Thanks all for bringing this thread back to life, i appreciate y'all.
Wify went for preg test on oct 20 and it was confirmed, she was earlier issue a 2yrs US visa on sept.04 2017. We later applied for canadian TRV on sept.22, still waiting fir the outcome.
I'd like the experinced experts to tell us how they were able to get into canada with their pregnancy showing, were there issues with migration and border control officers regarding purpose of visit.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fiks: 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
Hi Hotstepper and other fantastic contributors.
I need doctor's contact in Edmonton, Alberta. I intend to come in march as due date is in May, i already have a family to stay with hence the reason why i need a hospital in Edmonton Alberta.
Thanks in anticipation of a good and quick response.

Hospital suggestions and contact will be well appreciated.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
mizGene:

There are only 2 hospitals for delivery in Winnipeg: st Boniface and Health sciences. St Boniface costs 4634 and 2361 for mother and baby respectively PER DAY, thats approximately 7k CAD. Health sciences is slightly more expensive, abt 4,900 for mum, cnt rem for baby... and it is per day as well i think.
The ob gyn practise near d hosp costs 1k cad delivery fee.100dol first visit n 50dol subsequent visits...
Budget 200 for tests.
Pead consultation post delivery cost 35dol.

Hope ds helps.

yes it does.
Thanks alot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
All these ppl looking for hopsitals especislly the ones that have famimy/ friends in the city they will be going, get thosr people to find dr etc for u. its that simple

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
let the famimy get u dr nd hospital

Fiks:
Hi Hotstepper and other fantastic contributors.
I need doctor's contact in Edmonton, Alberta. I intend to come in march as due date is in May, i already have a family to stay with hence the reason why i need a hospital in Edmonton Alberta.
Thanks in anticipation of a good and quick response.

Hospital suggestions and contact will be well appreciated.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lesluga: 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
hello @ osagieworld no i didn't because they didn't ask for it, mind u i applied through visitation probably yours is through tourism hence the request for the airline ticket. i would also advise u to use the paper application cause it seems faster and you can be easily corrected at the point of submission if there are any errors and also the online application will most likely ask you to provide documents that you might not have ,
osagieworld:

hello lesluga (or anyone else that has processed a canadian visa)... did you include a provisional airline booking in your visa application going through the application checklist now and under purpose of trip, it says...provide a provisional airline booking.

please help o!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2017
lesluga:
hello @ osagieworld no i didn't because they didn't ask for it, mind u i applied through visitation probably yours is through tourism hence the request for the airline ticket. i would also advise u to use the paper application cause it seems faster and you can be easily corrected at the point of submission if there are any errors and also the online application will most likely ask you to provide documents that you might not have ,

Hearing these for the first time. Provisional airline ticket booking I thought was mandatory and have had that attached to my family members' application even though we got invited by our siblings.... Strange
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lesluga: 7:17pm On Nov 15, 2017
@ omobendel this is a quote from my earlier post and this were the documents i submitted.
"I applied for a visitor visa as a family ( wife n kid) and i didnt mention the fact that we were considering child birth. I submitted very credible supporting docs ( statements of accts, salary slips, introduction latter from my company stating my net worth, fix deposit certificates, passed traveling history and letter of invitation from my brother who is a PR)"

OmoBendel24:

Hearing these for the first time. Provisional airline ticket booking I thought was mandatory and have had that attached to my family members' application even though we got invited by our siblings.... Strange
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Olalacious: 8:31am On Nov 16, 2017
Hello my people,

LONG POST ALERT!!!

Weldone and thanks to everyone keeping this thread alive

I don dey read this thread for the past two weeks (from page 1 oh), in fact the page is permanently opened on my browser and i just keep reading in my spare time plus taking a lot of screenshots for future reference grin grin
Like someone said, this thread should be a taking and also giving back thread (Not only taking without sharing your experience), I will start sharing my experience as it goes and will keep on updating as I progress on this journey.

In 2015 I applied for US tourist visa and got a 2year entry. At POE in US told CBP i was also going to have my baby in the US along with the vacation. Baby came, all bills paid got zero balance from doctor and hospital. Fast forward to 2017, myself and hubby wanted to renew the visa, VO said why didnt we declare in the first interview that we wanted to have baby in the US. Told the VO that the initial VO who interviewed us did not ask any question on that and the plan was only to visit. He would have any of our story. Long story short, he denied us the visa.

Then I decided to try the Canada route. Read this forum like crazy to understand how to go about the application especially when you have been denied a US visa. After a lot of reading and digesting, myself and hubby summoned courage to apply for the TR visa. Plan was that we would travel for a visit in December as a tourist and then use that opportunity to see if we could scout for a doc/Gynae/settle accommodation plans etc and then next year when baby is due will travel for child birth. We submitted the application (via Paper route) went to VFS to submit all the requested supporting docs. This was on 22nd Oct. Exactly 10 calendar days after submitting the application, hubby got a call from the Canada embassy. Basically he was asked for the reason why we were refused a US visa. He then clearly explained to the Canadian VO that we were not no sufficient ties back home. He also mentioned that we had our baby there as well but all the bills were paid in full. Apparently the Canadian embassy had also called the US embassy people to find out why we were not given the visa but they did not give any convincing answer to the Canadian embassy hence the reason the Canadian embassy called us to find out further. Also during the convo, the Canadian VO then asked my husband if I was currently pregnant. My husband said yes and that we plan to also have the baby there next year but the reason for the initial visit was for tourism. The Canadian VO was like it is not illegal or a crime to go to Canada to give birth. If you have sufficient fund to cover it, you would most likely be given. They even called my husband’s company HR manager to confirm if salary certificate which we provided was correct (no be small thing).

Long story short, he told us to send receipts of our medical bills in the US as well as the refusal document which was received from US embassy. We sent all the details to him and even put the US hospital and doctor’s contact info to call them if they have any doubts. Exactly one week after sending all the details, we received a mail from the Canadian embassy to come and drop our passports. Got our passports back today. Mine stamped Multiple entry till 2021 hubby till 2019 as passport expires in 2019.

My peace of mind is that I have clearly declared to the VO that I would be giving birth so I no get fear for POE issues.
In my opinion, Canada Embassy processes your VISA in a fairer manner than US. They take time to review your documents properly and then make a decision based on that. But US ehn, its like before you even show up at the embassy, they have already made a decision without checking your docs..

Now unto the next stage of preparation, Accommodation /OB GYN/Hospital to use. As I no get family for Canada, Ontario will be my best bet as I can see from people’s review on this thread that it seems to be a relatively less expensive to birth there. I will start contacting the hospitals and docs now.

@Hotstepper, please help a sister out. How can you assist with accommodation options available and which city do you recommend I stay in (Brampton or Toronto)? Which is easier to move around in? Do you have anyone I can contact in arranging accommodation for a 2 month period. Also I have contacts of Dr Ayodele and Dr Abou of Brampton hospital and I have the Dr Grace contact of humber river. I just need to understand if I should call the doctor first or the hospital first or do I have to first get a Family Doctor who will then refer me to the hospital/Doctor. As I don’t have family doctor, please help if you can refer me to someone. Thanks a lot and look forward to your feedback.

Any other preggy mama bound for Ontario around April/May 2018 who doesn’t mind sharing accommodation? I need to plan this waka well in advance.

Thanks a lot to everyone and wishing every mama out there a safe one!!!

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.