Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,460 members, 7,801,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (681469 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Imarama: 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2018
[Good Morning Nairalanders,

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Shilohzmum: 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
Smithnow:

Still looking for doc and hospital toronto will be better.

Hello every1...am still learning how to reply on this platform�‍♂️�‍♂️Pls does any1 have Dr Ted's contact,seems he is the most affordable at Humber�����This is urgent please
Any other affordable option would be highly appreciated because Buhari has Busaaaaaaardddd everyone's pocket
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Shilohzmum: 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2018
bestbuyer:
###LOL!!!
Stepping HOT.... or should i say BREATHING HOT NOW!!!! HOTBREATHER!!!

@Hotstepper I hv gone through pgs 1-82,didnt find Dr Ted's number,only found his charges(1800)on the platform.Biko my host stays few minutes away from Humber,meaning it might endup being my last resort.Kindly help with an affordable dr affiliated with Humber if u know any biko.I am really scouting for something really affordable because obodo adiro levelled this period.am due early March 2019 but arriving Jan 31st .
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2018
u r still waiting fot someonr to tell u shey when u would have googled his name nd get all the info u need ......

Allow me to say na wah oooo

Shilohzmum:

Hello every1...am still learning how to reply on this platform�‍♂️�‍♂️Pls does any1 have Dr Ted's contact,seems he is the most affordable at Humber�����This is urgent please
Any other affordable option would be highly appreciated because Buhari has Busaaaaaaardddd everyone's pocket

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Shilohzmum: 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
[b][/b]
seun07:

"@Catalona,

Please can you provide the details of the doctor you used?

I would really appreciate this.

thanks.
[quote author=Hotstepper post=73638818]
u r still waiting fot someonr to tell u shey when u would have googled his name nd get all the info u need ......

Allow me to say na wah oooo

@ Hotstepper sadAtleast Google is free na...I hv searched and searched online oo for his details but it's no where to be found.i even got dr Grace contact online and reached out.... I have been typing Dr Ted's back to back o,nothing related pulls up
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:08pm On Dec 07, 2018
hmmm nd just 1 search in the same google i got it.

+1 416-241-7988....

u berra come with food stuff for me.cuz of this ur wahala oosmiley

Oya call him.nd sin no more .

Shilohzmum:
[b][/b]

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by kenokafor: 7:00am On Dec 08, 2018
Nice one.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mizGene(f): 7:21am On Dec 08, 2018
Great to see more activity here!

Has anyone used the regional health center in Selkirk MB? Just curious...I'm wondering what their charges are like compared to Winnipeg hospitals..
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rcspy: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2018
@hotstepper

Can anyone please confirm that birth citizenship by birth has been stopped secretly for anyone without PR in august 2018. Please if there is anyone that has had a baby after August and got all document should please respond here. Kind regards
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rcspy: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2018
Datsinn:
Pls what is the name of the doctor you used. Thanks.
Please can u lets know when you had your baby and when u applied for the birth certifcate. There are rumors birth citizenship was stopped for non-PR in August.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rcspy: 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2018
clans:
I had my first in the US and had a valid visa. So when I took in a second time I was ready to travel but on the second thought I wanted to spend a while in the country and decided to renew before traveling lo and behold I was denied.
Fast forward to applying for a Canadian visa within a space of 2 months before it won't be safe to fly. We filled the form went to drop it off and ended up spending the whole day because of a lot of mistakes. To be clear we declared birth tourism, admitted to being rejected a visa for US and attached so many documents. Prayed and kept our fingers crossed while making arrangements that worst case baby would be born in Nigeria (after all I was born here).
To our greatest surprise 20 days later got the email for pick up and visa was approved.
The Search began.
At this point we didn't have any information and the thread was not as informative as I wanted (yes I like eating my cake easily ). However we had family in Saskatchewan but when I heard the flight time,weather, no doctor was responding to my emails or calls, rejecting international patients and the family had so much going on in their life, I decided to look elsewhere.
I visited a maternity service provider here and she sounded nice also showed me her package for Ontario which looked reasonable to me.the big huddle was getting my hubby to agree to which he had his skepticism. He did a lot of research called and emailed a lot of doctors in the Ontario area mind u unlike the US system where anyone can have access to gynecologists the case is different for the Canada system. You would need to get a referral from a family doctor after the first 3 months before a gynecologist would accept you. So we had that challenge however we were able to get 3 doctors to give a partial acceptance, send their bill via email but only one was willing to give an appointment date.
Looking for accommodation became the next problem most homeowners didn't want a pregnant foreign woman without ties in their home and Airbnb we couldn't get any child friendly at a reasonable price.
Fast forward to the night before our flight, I was able to get my husband partial consent to engage the service provider here. I paid her that night and got her agent's name and number.
THE JOURNEY BEGAN.
Left Nigeria had a 12 hour layover and got into Canada. Filled the landing card,used the automated machine and proceeded to the immigration officer. The conversation was as follows
Me:Good evening.
Officer:Good evening. Welcome to Canada. Can I have your passport.
She went through and was like what are you in Canada for.
Me: to give birth.
She paused looked at me and typed something in her computer.
Officer: looking at my landing card. She was like u have an excess of 10k canadia dollars in cash.
Me:no some cash,most in cards.
Officer: then you don't have an excess of 10k.
Me: Sorry.
Officer: Do you know that its very expensive giving birth here and do you have a doctor.
Me: yes and I came financially prepared based on my research. I also have 3 doctors shortlisted and willing to accept me once am in the country . I would settle based on final cost reduction.
Officer: types and handed over passport. Congratulations in advance (with a smile).
Went to a hotel cooled off,slept,showered and ate.
Moved into the accommodation arranged by the service provider (story for another day).Used a doctor in Toronto arranged by the service provider
COST BREAKDOWN.
Doctor :1320
Doctor visit: 30$ per visit(had a total of 5)
Hospital mother: 2620(per day)
Hospital baby:850(per day)
To be paid in full before delivery day.
Ended up having a CS so paid Doctor an extra 1250,anathestia 1000 ,spent 3 days in the hospital, pediatrician asked for 350(but ended up taking 100) Family doctor for referral (60).

BABY DOCUMENTS
Hmmmm Canada post was on strike so it was a mess. Took 15 plus days to get birth certificate and registration even with the expedited which cost 35$(excluding money spent to fax,call,email and Express mails).
Passport was expedited also with proof of travel and cost 110$. Called the airline added baby to ticket and applied for Visa on arrival (NB: cash,Nigerian cards not accepted only accept foreign cards)
thanks to hotstepper for the food and all the advise.

Please can u lets know when you had your baby and when u applied for the birth certificate. There are rumors birth citizenship was stopped for non-PR in August.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beautyaddy: 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2018
rcspy:
@hotstepper

Can anyone please confirm that birth citizenship by birth has been stopped secretly for anyone without PR in august 2018. Please if there is anyone that has had a baby after August and got all document should please respond here. Kind regards

Not True!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2018
it has not stopped. plenty people dkn born nd wrnt back with their babies citizenship

rcspy:
@hotstepper

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 10:49am On Dec 09, 2018
Emoe7:
Hello house.
I was planning to have my baby in USA as I already have a visa but unfortunately my visa was not renewed. Am already 5 months gone and don't know the possibility of acquiring a Canadian visa with the intention of child birth also I don't have any one in Canada. Please I need advice of the house. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO PROCURE A CANADIAN VISA?, WHICH STATE HEALTH CARE IS MORE AFFORDABLE?

Hi dear, I was in this situation at the middle of November so I just went on to apply for TRV on the 22nd of Novemeber. I did biometrics 27th of November and got passport request 5th of December. I submitted on Thursday and waiting for it to be retuened.
So now I’m looking for a doc and accommodation cos I need to leave in Jan. So please be positive and go ahead

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Emoe7: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2018
[quote author=gingalady post=73683826][/quote].
Gingalad,
tnx for the reply. Please for the Canadian visa did you apply by yourself or did you get an agent to assist you. Do I still have enough time to apply as I'll need to travel latest last week of February?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 11:02am On Dec 09, 2018
damsell:
Thanks to all the contributors on this thread, the info here is invaluable. I've been silently reading up on all the pages here and just took the decision to apply about a week after I got a 221g interview invitation from the US Embassy and couldn't find any available dates before I'm due to travel cos I'm currently 24weeks gone and due in March next year. Thankfully that has been resolved, just got a favourable date now. Anyways here's how the Canada TRV application went for us:

Submitted online application with hubby as PA: November 13th 2019
Biometrics Enrolment: November 15th 2019
Original passport request: December 4th 2019

Vacation and birth tourism were stated reasons for applying. Got lots of info from here and dove into the application right away, just so grateful to God that we had our application processed quite quickly.

Onto active Dr, Hospital and accommodation search now. Headed to Oshawa, Toronto, that's where I stated as my destination in my application.

All the best with all your plans dear mommas and daddies too.

Hi dear, we are due same month but I’m headed to Mississauga. Let me know when you find a doc and accommodation though
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 11:04am On Dec 09, 2018
Emoe7:
Gingalad,
tnx for the reply. Please for the Canadian visa did you apply by yourself or did you get an agent to assist you. Do I still have enough time to apply as I'll need to travel latest last week of February?

No dear, I filled the application myself. My husband was main applicant and then my daughter and I dependents. Most of the docs they requested were under his name . And they gave all 3 of us

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 11:14am On Dec 09, 2018
imolekuku:
wink

Which areas in Ontario are you staying. I’m going Jan too
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 11:15am On Dec 09, 2018
Oleayo22:
Hello experienced mums and dads,
I just got my visa approved today along with my family.We applied online in September and stated visiting. Please where is the most affordable place and doctor though we have friends in BC but they seem to be busy. I intend reading from page 1 but as it is am 34weeks gone already and I intend to travel 2nd week.
Please @hotstepper pls ma I need your help as I don't mind anywhere even if it's Ontario. I have sent you a message before and you responded once. Please I need info as per doctors contact, ob/gynae, and accommodation.

Hi dear! I just got mine too and looking to stay in Milton or misisauga so please reach out
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 11:18am On Dec 09, 2018
MrsBMWM90:
I just checked and Richmondhill hospital is 20mins away from where I intend to stay.... dancing azonto..abi skelewu..science student..sad or whateva is this their latest dance... hotstepper it means I must see u oo and take pictures... I am still in visa processing stage oo...smh** Please give me answers oo my dear sisters n brothers sad... am already 4mths!!

i have anoda question please:- I plan on going with my daughter and while applying through the online application I was asked do you want to submit an application for a family member? no questions asked about if its my child / husband. how do i state that. i attached the questions I was asked. is that how i cover my childs application? application fee totalled: $200.

Are you the main applicant? If yes then review your qautionnaire and say yes baby is accompanying you. When you enter DOB they will see it. I applied like this too and listed my daughter as accompanying me. We were just approved

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Emoe7: 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
gingalady:

No dear, I filled the application myself. My husband was main applicant and then my daughter and I dependents. Most of the docs they requested were under his name . And they gave all 3 of us

Pls MA how do I DM you, for guidelines on how to go about the process
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ozycy: 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
rcspy:

Please can u lets know when you had your baby and when u applied for the birth certificate. There are rumors birth citizenship was stopped for non-PR in August.
People still collected Passport here in November. See transcript above
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 9:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
Shilohzmum:

@Hotstepper I hv gone through pgs 1-82,didnt find Dr Ted's number,only found his charges(1800)on the platform.Biko my host stays few minutes away from Humber,meaning it might endup being my last resort.Kindly help with an affordable dr affiliated with Humber if u know any biko.I am really scouting for something really affordable because obodo adiro levelled this period.am due early March 2019 but arriving Jan 31st .
is this for Vagina birth or CS? There are cheaper options if VD
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
gingalady:

Are you the main applicant? If yes then review your qautionnaire and say yes baby is accompanying you. When you enter DOB they will see it. I applied like this too and listed my daughter as accompanying me. We were just approved
With this, does it mean one won't have to fill another form for baby? Or other applicants?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Sparklezzzzz: 11:51am On Dec 10, 2018
Hotstepper:

it has not stopped. plenty people dkn born nd wrnt back with their babies citizenship

Hi Hotstepper, I just got my visa application to Canada approved and plan to come in February to have my baby. Please can you help recommend/refer a doctor or hospital I can use? I'm okay with any city so far it's pocket friendly. I've also sent you an email request, hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by DUPSYSPARKLE: 12:13pm On Dec 10, 2018
Please for purpose of childbirth, how much should be closing account balance.Please any information from those who have gotten approval would be useful.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:49pm On Dec 10, 2018
Like?

Candybright:
is this for Vagina birth or CS? There are cheaper options if VD
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2018
DUPSYSPARKLE:
Please for purpose of childbirth, how much should be closing account balance.Please any information from those who have gotten approval would be useful.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
Candybright:

With this, does it mean one won't have to fill another form for baby? Or other applicants?

After the questionnaire each person has a list of documents to upload. Just fill the questionnaire then it will display what they need from each applicant

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hello gingalady,sparklezz, it seems Feb moms are plenty. Going in February too. I haven't found a doc nor hosp yet, i'm going to Oshawa, Toronto though. @Hotstepper I'm sending you a mail right away sis, please advise. Feb moms, let's rub minds.
@ Emoe7, please apply already, you've still got time going by the short timing a lot of people are recording these days. By God's grace, you'll get it.

@Dupsysparkle, the answer to that question is relative but for sure one's proof of financial solvency must be over and above how much you are proposing to spend on your birthing trip.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lynniebabes(f): 8:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hello good evening house. Please i just got Canada visit visa. I want to give birth there. But didn’t include my intentions of birthing in my application? Will it affect me at the point of entry? I’m traveling by 20th or thereabout. Anyone traveling at that time? Please let me know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
damsell:
Hello gingalady,sparklezz, it seems Feb moms are plenty. Going in February too. I haven't found a doc nor hosp yet, i'm going to Oshawa, Toronto though. @Hotstepper I'm sending you a mail right away sis, please advise. Feb moms, let's rub minds.
@ Emoe7, please apply already, you've still got time going by the short timing a lot of people are recording these days. By God's grace, you'll get it.

@Dupsysparkle, the answer to that question is relative but for sure one's proof of financial solvency must be over and above how much you are proposing to spend on your birthing trip.

Yes we are oh! Anyone want to share an accommodation? That’s if we are all heading to the same city

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (167) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.