Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682183 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 26, 2019
Ok I have seen your visa application transcript..is it online or paper route..well done!
gingalady:
Hello House, Long Post alert

I arrived in Canada yesterday with my 20 month old daughter. This is a flight and POE post.
First of all i want to say that life is a manifestation of your faith and Courage so this journey starts in your mind. So its better you see how you want it to go and then PRAY endlessly about it.

As you recall i applied the last week in November and was approved first week in December... the fastest i had ever heard!!!

Next was getting currency for the trip. I applied for PTA at Zenith bank and got $4000 at 358 same day.

The rest i changed at BDC at 361. But i made sure it didnt get to CAD10,000 so i didnt have to declare.

We used Ethopian airways and was originally checked in one of those seats with extra leg room cos of my condition but that wasnt was i asked God for though... after everyone had settled in, one of the crew members sent for me to give me back my doc documents cos Ethopian airways makes you go to their own doctor in VI to get fit to fly 2 days before the trip and my daughter ran after me. She asked how i was going to manage and i said my dear, God will have to help me.

So she sent someone to my seat to get my things and moved us to two seats in BUSINESS CLASS!!
I was overjoyed!!!! It was a long flight but i was super comfortable to say the least. Food was at your request and they are so courteous and professional.

We finally arrived after 20 hours, but there was a 3 hour transit at Adis Ababa. We moved to immigration for declaration card and the rest. I was carrying baby milk so i was sent to customs.

VO: Why are you here for 72 days?
Me: im here to have my baby
VO: How much do you have on you?
Me: 9000 CAd and already brought it out for her to see
VO: okay so its in cash. What about emergencies?
Me: i have $3,500 in my dollar card and my husband will be sending more if i need it.
VO: what does he do?
Me: He is an IT manager

Smiles and types...
VO: is someone getting you? And how many kids do you have?
Me: yes my friend is outside and i have just her. My daughter was on the stroller so i picked her up
VO: awwww she is gorgeous!!!
Stamped me in for 6 months and said have a safe delivery. The exit is that way...

My host was outside waiting and we came home. We have called a few docs now and waiting for appointment

So all i can say is.. pray! Pray and then pray again!!! Everyone back home prayed with me for favour. Just have a positive outlook about this journey. He that started a good work is faithful to finish it.

Wish all expectant mums good fortune and FAVOUR!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:39pm On Jan 26, 2019
welcome

gingalady:

I arrived in Canada yesterday with my 20 month old daughter. This is a flight and POE post.
First of all i want to say that life is a manifestation of your faith and Courage so this journey starts in your mind. So its better you see how you want it to go and then PRAY endlessly about it.

As you recall i applied the last week in November and was approved first week in December... the fastest i had ever heard!!!

Next was getting currency for the trip. I applied for PTA at Zenith bank and got $4000 at 358 same day.

The rest i changed at BDC at 361. But i made sure it didnt get to CAD10,000 so i didnt have to declare.

We used Ethopian airways and was originally checked in one of those seats with extra leg room cos of my condition but that wasnt was i asked God for though... after everyone had settled in, one of the crew members sent for me to give me back my doc documents cos Ethopian airways makes you go to their own doctor in VI to get fit to fly 2 days before the trip and my daughter ran after me. She asked how i was going to manage and i said my dear, God will have to help me.

So she sent someone to my seat to get my things and moved us to two seats in BUSINESS CLASS!!
I was overjoyed!!!! It was a long flight but i was super comfortable to say the least. Food was at your request and they are so courteous and professional.

We finally arrived after 20 hours, but there was a 3 hour transit at Adis Ababa. We moved to immigration for declaration card and the rest. I was carrying baby milk so i was sent to customs.

Me: i have $3,500 in my dollar card and my husband will be sending more if i need it.

Smiles and types...
Me: yes my friend is outside and i have just her. My daughter was on the stroller so i picked her up
Stamped me in for 6 months and said have a safe delivery. The exit is that way...

My host was outside waiting and we came home. We have called a few docs now and waiting for appointment

So all i can say is.. pray! Pray and then pray again!!! Everyone back home prayed with me for favour. Just have a positive outlook about this journey. He that started a good work is faithful to finish it.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 5:04pm On Jan 26, 2019
Nonkala:
Big congrats dear

Which city/province did u land
At how many weeks did u travel and how did Ethiopia airlines know I were pregnant to ve sent u to dr office for fit if fly 2 days earlier, does it mean we don’t need any from our DR:

Thanks.

I landed in Toronto. I travelled at 31 weeks cos they do not carry after 32 weeks. They specified it on their website under travelling pregnant. They don't take fit to fly from your own doctor. I was told this when I called their office. C

quote author=gingalady post=75124316]Hello House, Long Post alert

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 5:06pm On Jan 26, 2019
Hotstepper:
welcome

Thanks dear. Please send me a chat. I changed phones and cant find your number
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 1:48am On Jan 27, 2019
@sparkle 1515, please take it easy o. You don't have to command people to share their story, I believe it's voluntary as we all are adults. No one told me to share before I did. Let's not derail this thread as it's moving forward abeg.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MamaOO: 2:07am On Jan 27, 2019
Oleayo22:
@sparkle 1515, please take it easy o. You don't have to command people to share their story, I believe it's voluntary as we all are adults. No one told me to share before I did. Let's not derail this thread as it's moving forward abeg.

cheesy cheesy As per say, she be thread owner now.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 2:10am On Jan 27, 2019
MamaOO:

cheesy cheesy As per say, she be thread owner now.
It is well ma. Just take it easy and overlook.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MamaOO: 4:03am On Jan 27, 2019
Oleayo22:

It is well ma. Just take it easy and overlook.
Thanks sis. I sure will. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mizGene(f): 8:06am On Jan 27, 2019
Egoj:
Hello all,
Hello Hotstepper,

Sorry to bother you again and thanks for your selfless efforts once again.
Please am currently filling my newborns passport application forms..
Who should be the guarantor? Can it just be anybody here in Canada or one of us the parents can sign.

Your prompt response will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Needs to be a citizen. If you don't know anyone, you have to use their lawyer/notary public for a fee.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Colouredgirl: 8:16am On Jan 27, 2019
Ok sis..pls what is paper or online route?
Oleayo22:

Yes we included letter of Invitation from a friend who's a student.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 27, 2019
I did and I acknowledged her ,thank you
folmus:

Click on her profile and check her posts.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Colouredgirl: 8:32am On Jan 27, 2019
Pls let us all be civil and overlook whatever that’s doesn’t go well with us
There is no point digressing the thread.it will only slow down the thread especially now that this particular thread has picked up after a long hiatus
Thanks to hotstepper for being there always and thanks to all the contributors.One love pls

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 7:13pm On Jan 27, 2019
Colouredgirl:
Ok sis..pls what is paper or online route?
Online application is when you scan all required documents and submit them online on their website.
Paper application is when you make copies or submit original copies of required documents to VFS office in Lekki if you are in Lagos .
Cc@hotstepper to clarify more on this as my husband did the application on our behalf.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 7:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
mizGene:

Needs to be a citizen. If you don't know anyone, you have to use their lawyer/notary public for a fee.

If you are already in Canada, ask your host to help you.
The guarantor that did my baby's passport didn't even know me. They took my docs to her place that's all. She attends the same church as my host.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by placebo(f): 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
Good evening house and happy new week! Please I have a question. Do I need a passport with minimum of 6 months validity to apply for visiting visa or can I apply with a passport that has about 5 months validity. The visit period is wishing the validity date?

P.s. the passport is for a relative.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by teamchocolate: 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
placebo:
Good evening house and happy new week! Please I have a question. Do I need a passport with minimum of 6 months validity to apply for visiting visa or can I apply with a passport that has about 5 months validity. The visit period is wishing the validity date?

P.s. the passport is for a relative.
Most countries I know have the 6 month validity rule. But then why not just renew the passport, cuz Canada gives visa up to the passport expiry. I think it’s just tidier to renew the passport.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Dumsy730: 7:20pm On Jan 28, 2019
Amen. Thank God for you.

Please can you share a sample of cover letter you used if you don't mind. It will be helpful.

Duskky730@gmail.com

gingalady:

Smiles and types...

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Colouredgirl: 10:11pm On Jan 28, 2019
Oh shoot! I meant which route did you use..didn’t mean to ask what online/paper meant..mistake pls
Oleayo22:

Online application is when you scan all required documents and submit them online on their website.
Paper application is when you make copies or submit original copies of required documents to VFS office in Lekki if you are in Lagos .
Cc@hotstepper to clarify more on this as my husband did the application on our behalf.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
Colouredgirl:
Oh shoot! I meant which route did you use..didn’t mean to ask what online/paper meant..mistake pls

Online route
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Globc: 6:20am On Jan 29, 2019
Dear @HotStepper,

Thank for all the guidance and assistance you provide on this platform to expectant mothers and their families.

I understand your busy schedule but please I urgently need your guidance on Childbirth in Canada. I was just recently denied a US Visa and currently in my 30weeks already. I intend to submit an application for this almost immediately. I am willing to take the risk to apply for this however these are my worries.

1. Should I state in my application that I am coming to Canada for Childbirth or just visiting? My husband has a valid US Visa.
2. My husband has more travel history than I do, so can my husband be the lead applicant although he does not intend to travel with me. I also have an 18month old child.
3. Hope there will no issues at the POE when I show up with my very huge stomach after not earlier stating that I am pregnant in the application.
4. which location do you best advice, in terms of securing a doctor and accommodation ASAP. Please, can you make any recommendation?
5. I had earlier applied with my mum for the US Visa so she can assist with taking care of the baby and my toddler for me, but I don't plan to include her now for the Canadian application since we are applying as a family going on a tourist visit. Can I get assistance with people that provide "omugwo" services when I get there?

Financing is not the issue, as we have more than enough to cover the trip and bear the cost.

Please help a sister in urgent need!!!

God bless you!!!

Hotstepper:
I have over emphaized all these u outlined but agents in Naija will tell them opposite, take money from them nd they come to give me headache..lol I will not try it again this year ooo so u guys will hold ur agents responsible. Yea, I am an agent but i do not advertise so that ppl can make their choices and it does not prevent me from answering questions here and advise.

Incase u ppl do not know cuz of ppl who said they r too busy to read the thread thus making moi that is dishing the info with research as a free person. below is my weekly schedule.

1. I wake up Monday to Friday at 6am to make work and school lunch for the kids. We leave at 7:15 latest to enable me drop them off at their before school program for 7:30 since I have to be at work at 9. I finish work at 5pm nd must leave immediately to enable me reach at their after school programs by 6 latest. they attend different schools....1 is at all french school the other in english until grade one she moves over .

2. We get home 6:30 nd then I have to cook dinner, after eating dinner, we do homework nd then bedtime . After everyrhing, i do some things around the house like folding laundry from the weekend nd responding to u guys questions, emails etc

3. Saturdays na house work,laundry nd kids diff programs like basketball, swimming etc.

4. Sundays na Church, usually do my daughters hair on this day, cook for the week etc.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Globc: 6:32am On Jan 29, 2019
gingalady:

Dear gingalady:

Thank for your post, this is very helpful. If you don't mind, please permit me to ask a few questions about your application. I am currently 30weeks gone and just got denied a US Visa. I am willing to take a risk on the canada childbirth.

Please did you state that you are pregnant and coming for childbirth in your application? I want my husband to be the lead applicant because he has more travel history than I do, but he does not plan to travel with me.

Please help a sister in need! I need to urgently finalize the application as I am losing time each day.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Smiles and types...

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Iamajoyfulmothe: 6:40am On Jan 29, 2019
Globc:
Dear @HotStepper,

I
1. Should I state in my application that I am coming to Canada for Childbirth or just visiting? My husband has a valid US Visa.
2. My husband has more travel history than I do, so can my husband be the lead applicant although he does not intend to travel with me. I also have an 18month old child.

@Globc I know you didn't ask me but I'm responding anyway :-)

Please please apply using your husband as primary applicant seeing as he has a valid US visa. This qualifies him for CAN+ and expedited the process significantly (personal experience)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 7:57am On Jan 29, 2019
[quote author=Globc post=75215179][/quote]

Click on her profile. You will see her transcript from her posts. However, she said she didn't see anything like birthing, just visiting. So she chose visiting.

Let your husband be the main applicant considering his travel history and valid US visa. If you dont state it in your application, you must be truthful at the POE. Give it a try, you never can tell. If you can get all needed documents, submit your application today.

Good luck
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Colouredgirl: 9:52am On Jan 29, 2019
Pls pls pls,if it’s not too much to ask..can you outline everything you submitted?thank you
Oleayo22:

Online route

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.