Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Muslim Sisters Circle - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Sisters Circle (20350 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ameenahz(f): 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
joker5180: https://www.nairaland.com/1360714/home-breaking

Joker5180,

Salaam alaykum. Thank you so much for saying the truth so boldly. May Allah reward you. I just could not for fear of being attacked.

And Deols, JazakumLlahu khairan. I tried sending her a PM, i have not seen any reply from her. I hope she'll warm up to you.

If only our sisters could understand that love is a small price to pay 4 Jannah.....
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
ameenahz:

Joker5180,

Salaam alaykum. Thank you so much for saying the truth so boldly. May Allah reward you. I just could not for fear of being attacked.

If only our sisters could understand that love is a small price to pay 4 Jannah.....
wsalam sis, i sleep and wake up with pain because of that thread, she needs our help though it looks like she ddnt play her part well. tnx
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 4:23am On Sep 01, 2013
Assalam alaykum
*passing by*,*stopping to check*,*interested*,*hope i stay for long*
InshaAllah
Inspired.Must really commend u guys.May Allah grant us beneficial knowledge.
Ameen

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
harmeenart: Assalam alaykum
*passing by*,*stopping to check*,*interested*,*hope i stay for long*
InshaAllah
Inspired.Must really commend u guys.May Allah grant us beneficial knowledge.
Ameen

Wa alaykum salam,
Hope you stop by more often and participate too.

Thank you.

Amin
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 7:58am On Sep 02, 2013
Assalam alaykum sisters.
Just wanted to share my own experiences.
One thing I find challenging with the hijab is d issue of hairdo.To get a place to make ur hair is always a serious issue.1 of d complains dey give is "I cant close the door of my shop".
But I knw Allah is our source of help. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by sweettweet: 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
harmeenart: Assalam alaykum sisters.
Just wanted to share my own experiences.
One thing I find challenging with the hijab is d issue of hairdo.To get a place to make ur hair is always a serious issue.1 of d complains dey give is "I cant close the door of my shop".
But I knw Allah is our source of help. cheesy

Na true u talk my dear.
Try to find someone to do home service for u. That I think is more convinient.
Allah knows best.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by emcemayo: 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
[quote author=Sissie]

Hahaha, you tried, Pele.

It's something I know I probably will never do.[/quote
assalam alaiykum
sissie n deols i hope i got d spellings right . good to b here . u c everything get protocol for our deen i'd lik to know how u went about chatting a broda up! if u don't mind grin Alhamdullilah you see say our mother khadija (RAH) no b she go do d chatting by hersef and she knows how honourable the prophet(saw) was no b anyhow person you go c com dey toast na.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by emcemayo: 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
that said i proposed to my husband and will do it again a hunderd times over cheesy. you know the intresting part you can never ever guess and before d proposal i did enough background checks and i neva went to him myself. long story cut short na ALLAH make am easy o.but HE is so worth it all the way i no one or two people that did same tou one did not work but the brother in question turn her down honourably no be beans for woman to do proposal o but if the man is muslim and fears ALLAH true you will be thankful u did.abeg make una no vex for my long write up

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2013
emcemayo: that said i proposed to my husband and will do it again a hunderd times over cheesy. you know the intresting part you can never ever guess and before d proposal i did enough background checks and i neva went to him myself. long story cut short na ALLAH make am easy o.but HE is so worth it all the way i no one or two people that did same tou one did not work but the brother in question turn her down honourably no be beans for woman to do proposal o but if the man is muslim and fears ALLAH true you will be thankful u did.abeg make una no vex for my long write up

Wa alaikum salam,

Good to have you here,
I must say you are very courageous to have done that. Like you said it's not easy for a woman to propose at all oh.

Your writeup is not long at all oh.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
emcemayo: that said i proposed to my husband and will do it again a hunderd times over cheesy. you know the intresting part you can never ever guess and before d proposal i did enough background checks and i neva went to him myself. long story cut short na ALLAH make am easy o.but HE is so worth it all the way i no one or two people that did same tou one did not work but the brother in question turn her down honourably no be beans for woman to do proposal o but if the man is muslim and fears ALLAH true you will be thankful u did.abeg make una no vex for my long write up
Wa alaykum salam.
You tried n I must really commend you.Its actally not an easy thing n Alhamdulillah it's working out well.Thats d most important part o.Barakallahufiih.
I wudnt want t try it cos of the fear of being turned down.Me i sha know wat would be would be,n na dat one i go wan to dey stick to o.
But Allah knows Best.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2013

wow! I am inspired. grin grin
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ameenahz(f): 1:34pm On Sep 04, 2013
Salaam alaykum sisters. This is so unrelated to the topic(s) being discussed.

I have a very important interview to attend in few days time and i have no idea what to wear (i actually wear a full flowing jilbab). I do not want to wear anything that will make me feel like i am compromising 'heavily'. Any ideas?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
ameenahz: Salaam alaykum sisters. This is so unrelated to the topic(s) being discussed.

I have a very important interview to attend in few days time and i have no idea what to wear (i actually wear a full flowing jilbab). I do not want to wear anything that will make me feel like i am compromising 'heavily'. Any ideas?

Salam.
You can wear a free flowing skirt, a top and a cooperate jacket, preferably in dark colours and use a veil that covers the bossoms.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ameenahz(f): 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
Jazakumllahu khairan.

And i like the pictures too, especially picture 3.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 9:59am On Sep 07, 2013
ameenahz: Jazakumllahu khairan.

And i like the pictures too, especially picture 3.

Wa yakkum.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by snubish: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2013
sweettweet:
Salam,
The fact that somethings were practised during the time of the prophet does not mean it is applicable to us.We shld not forget that Aisha(RA)'s marraige to the prophet was divine. She played a very signaficant role in the transmission of the way of life of the Prophet(SAW) to the ummah after the death of the prophet(saw).This singular feat shows us her level of intelligence. How many 12 yrs old girl in this age can boast of this level of intelligence, these are children that we still manage to make them observe salah and sawm.
And a candid question to the men : How many 25years old will marry a 40years old woman, basically for the love and not material gains.
We are always trying to do things we feel will favour us but run away from things we don't find pleasing. Abegi o, I have a lot of ripe sisters looking for husbands o. Let us get those ones out of the way first before thinking of the small ones that we'll be teaching how to even wash plates and wear pants properly!!!
sorry to barge in on the sisters but could not help laughing at this comment. one of the wittiest comments, I've read on nl in recent times. truth is shariah has not specified any age for marriage, only that such a person should be mature, Nigerian muslim women really maintained a guilty silence during that period, and even on this forum and this just shows the state of women within the community. people should strive to practice the shariah in their personal lives and establish communities based on islamic principles, and this child marriage thing would be a non issue. Nigerians that cannot perform wudoo properly are debating the age of marriage. sad times.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by hadizadeezy(f): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
ameeen
ibit-abid-qudrt:
asslm alykm, tis great being able to discuss about islam with fellow muslim sister.
although i'm not married, but i'll jst like to say, may Allah (S.W.T) provide easurve for us in seeking HIS pleasure by increasing more in 'ibadah.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by CERKEYNAH: 5:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
My Sisters, I want us 2 discuss problems we face @ our working place and those looking 4 jobs as a muslim lady just to help ourselves.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 8:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
CERKEYNAH: السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
My Sisters, I want us 2 discuss problems we face @ our working place and those looking 4 jobs as a muslim lady just to help ourselves.
Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah wabarakatu
Though,am not working yet but i think av had a little experience about this during my industrial attachment.Alhamdulillah,i got an attachment with a government parastatal.Due to the nature of my course(Agric Engineering), I kind of perceived that somethings like that could happen.I was posted to a workshop and the first thing the woman said was "Is this how you'ld be coming to work?''.Me I just smiled and was like yes ma'am.She was like can you work like this,this one that one.Me i just kept on smiling.
They major in repairing tractors and hiring them out.Most times,I.T students are supposed to stand and just watch,but are sometimes opportuned to drive the tractors.I used to go to work with my workshop coat and the engineers I were attached to saw me as who I was and were O.K with me.The only thing they wanted to be sure about was whether I gained from what they taught.But my problem was this woman.Anytime she came,she always wanted to see me in an overall or in trousers.She feels that is how a female engineer should dress.But Alhamdulillah sha,d male engineers weren't complaining. cheesy
After using like a month there,I got a better place and they don't even question my hijab.
May Allah ease our affairs.Ameen
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by CERKEYNAH: 12:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
@ Harmeenart, Jazak' Allah Khairan, amin, I don't rily av a problem wt my hijab @ work as a civil servant, I'm an animal scientist, I found mysef in d midst of male worker, dy only pose a problem trying to find fault wt muslim n Islam, u know wot sometimes I will just kip quiet, buh wen d nid arise 4 me to talk, I giv it 2 dem wt explanation. So b4 dy say anytin next dy chk it, also if dy see u as an intellect, their confrontation n propanga is low, wen dy discuss sport, I'm there, politics n all sort of, I contribute wt good analysis. I'll encourage sistas to be versatile , be good @ ur discipline n oda areas. Allah knows best. Still waiting 4 oda sistas to share their opinions.
@ harmeenart, c sch are u? 1lv
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
I am not working yet..

but ..

I am here with you smiley smiley
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2013

Alhamdulillah I do not have a problem where I work.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by aalymah(f): 12:21am On Sep 18, 2013
Salam alyk ma sis,am not employed presently and wil be very glad if u can elp,as am totally tired of idleness.am a graduate of biochemistry..jazakhallahu khaeran
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 9:58am On Sep 18, 2013
@Cerkynah:FUTA
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
Salam alaikum habibtys.

Yes I have joined the world of bloggers LOL,

You can read, like, follow, join my blog at www.sissiesaidah..com

Thank you.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
ameenahz: Salaam alaykum sisters. This is so unrelated to the topic(s) being discussed.

. Waa alaikum salaam. I hope my contribution isn't coming late. I'll advice u attend d interview in ur free flowing jilbaab, since dats wot u r using. If d job is meant for you, ur hijaab isn't going to prevent it from being urs. Baarakallah fih

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sissie: Salam alaikum habibtys.

Thank you.
hmm nice one. Will visit it. Baarakaallahu fih
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sissie: Salam alaikum habibtys.

Thank you.
Checked it out.May Allah put His blessings in it.Amin
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ameenahz(f): 2:17am On Sep 19, 2013
Ayasunmbo: . Waa alaikum salaam. I hope my contribution isn't coming late. I'll advice u attend d interview in ur free flowing jilbaab, since dats wot u r using. If d job is meant for you, ur hijaab isn't going to prevent it from being urs. Baarakallah fih

Moi sis, i understand you. And yes, i considered it too. Even did it once but i didnt get the job. That's the exact reason for my question. I know that people's opinion don't matter in matters of obedience to Allah but i had family n friends telling me i didnt get that other job cos of my jilbaab and a day's compromise wont make me a condemned sinner. I dnt want a repeat of that. And i really need that job. I dnt know what to think anymore.

Maybe my faith is at its lowest right now....astaghfirullah...

BTW, i actually got the info wrong. It was an exam. Interview is till further notice. Still have some days to think.

@ Cerkeynah, here is another answer to your question. How do i even get a job with my jilbab?

I am throwing this open again. Everyone..... Deols.....Sissie (again)?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by mamamusty(f): 6:16am On Sep 19, 2013
ameenahz:

Moi sis, i understand you. And yes, i considered it too. Even did it once but i didnt get the job. That's the exact reason for my question. I know that people's opinion don't matter in matters of obedience to Allah but i had family n friends telling me i didnt get that other job cos of my jilbaab and a day's compromise wont make me a condemned sinner. I dnt want a repeat of that. And i really need that job. I dnt know what to think anymore.

Maybe my faith is at its lowest right now....astaghfirullah...

BTW, i actually got the info wrong. It was an exam. Interview is till further notice. Still have some days to think.

@ Cerkeynah, here is another answer to your question. How do i even get a job with my jilbab?

I am throwing this open again. Everyone..... Deols.....Sissie (again)?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 10:32am On Sep 19, 2013
@ayasumbo n harmeenat thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Edoardo Agnelli: Son of Billionaire Italian Killed For Embracing Islam / Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space / Jumaat Sermon: Avoid Broken Home At All Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.