Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Muslim Sisters Circle - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Sisters Circle (20340 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 23, 2013
Salam alaykum my dear sisters. I would like to ask a question regarding "sisters night" that is organized a night before the nikkah. is it supported by the sunnah? pls I need evidences concerning this. jazakumullahu khairan,Amin
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 11:55am On Oct 23, 2013
Deleted
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 11:56am On Oct 23, 2013
waalaykum salam. i wanna ansa your question inshaaAllah, from my own point of view.
the sister night stuff is a party!. That is undeniable because even if we start with opening prayers, self introductions blah blah, we cum bak to sing and dance. That is not sunnah because singing and dancing so is not part of the prophet's or his wives doings. This is not to condemn dancing generally o...i dance too. we have happy dancers who just dance alone in dia rums to pass time..no prob abt dat, if you arent dancing to hip hop buh i wonder wat else yu'd be dancing to..
so if sisters night cums in a form like merely cumin togeda to advise the wife to be and praying for her, then it is not bad. we can sing native songs if we must sing. like i am a yoruba gal nau, in my place, we do it too and sing yoruba songs nd tell d wife to dance...that cant be bad cos its not a song with beat
in all, i must add dat we ddnt find such thing in the history of the earlier muslims..of the prophet's era

salam
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 11:59am On Oct 23, 2013
Sissie:

When you say sunnah I do not understand, because it's females event and sunnah is what the prophet did.

But if you want to know if Islam supports it or its against it that I can answer.
no sista sissie. sunnah isnt only wat d prophet did. both his deeds and acts and sayings plus deeds and sayings of others that he didnt reject or correct are reffered to as sunnah
for instance, if a woman wears henna, and the prophet saw it nd kept quiet w/o saying anything, den d act of using henna is a permissible sunnah

salam
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
Deleted
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 12:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
Deleted
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 12:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sunnah is the way of life prescribed
as normative for Muslims on the
basis of the teachings and practices
of Islamic prophet Muhammad and
interpretations of the Quran. The
word sunnah (ﺔﻨﺳ [ˈsunna] , plural
ﻦﻨﺳ sunan [ˈsunan] , Arabic ) is
derived from the root (ﻦﺳ [sa-n-na]
Arabic), meaning smooth and easy
flow (of water) or direct flow path.
The word literally means a clear and
well trodden path. In the discussion
of the sources of religion, sunnah
denotes the practices of Muhammad
that he taught and practically
instituted as a teacher of the
sharī‘ah and the best exemplar.
According to Muslim belief, this
practice is to be adhered to in
fulfilling the divine injunctions,
carrying out religious rites, and
moulding life in accord with the will
of God. Instituting these practices
was, as the Quran states, a part of
Muhammad's responsibility as a
messenger of God. (Quran 3:164 ,
33:21 ).
The sunnah of Muhammad includes
his specific words, habits, practices,
and silent approvals: it is
significant because it addresses ways
of life dealing with friends, and family.

silent approval sunnah is caled sunnah at-taqreeriyyah.
a practical example was wen the meat of hyena was served and been eaten by companions in the presence of the prophet, though he didnt eat of it, buh he didnt stop others from eating..so if anyone eats the hyena meat nau, it is sunnatic even though muhammad himself didnt eat
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
halal fun is okay and allowed. nobody says we should be serious around the clock. buh you do know songs with beat arent allowed. And i made it clear that its ok to dance if you rnt dancing to a song with beat. buh den i askd sacrcastically, if we rnt dancing to beat, den wat r we dancing to...a beatless song?

again, hadith is diff from sunnah buh dey are synonymous because most acts nd deeds caled sunnah are now found in hadith....so at the long run, sunnah is hadith and hadith is sunnah
its not an hadith dah hyena meat is eatable buh from my source, companions ate it and muhammad didnt complain so dats sunnah!
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 12:29pm On Oct 23, 2013
Deleted
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
duff *I think* is allowed... Some even said since duff is allowed on eid and nikkah and duff is what they use then, we can use what we have now for those 'two' celebrations but I think that argueable...
The sisters night shouldn't be haram since no Quranic verse or hadith kicked against it*I stand to be corrected please*... But we should be careful so as not to 'haramize' it by the kind of activities that will take place...
Dance or no dance, beat or no beat, I think there are so many way to make a sisters night full of fun... My question here is:
''can a sisters night be held in a hotel hall''? This question is important to me pls...
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
Deleted
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 3:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sissie:

I think it can be held in a hotel hall, event venues e.t.c the organizers have to make the hall hijab free zone, the windows should be covered so people outside don't see the inside, except If the sisters will be covered fully.

thanks dear sis...
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 25, 2013
the duff drum picture that I saw,looks like the drum some people call 'bandiri'. Are they the same?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 2:46am On Oct 25, 2013
Assalam alaykum, actually ve been vfollowing for some tie now,
nd i dont exactly think that's a gud idea. ok, nothing in d sunnah prohibiting it. but we do know this is an imitiation of the so called 'bachelor's night'. some things may not be part of sunnah, but may b allowed e.g if its part of one's culture that doesnt oppose sunnah. but its not part of our culture in nigeria, its from the other culture aand is origin has really impermissible things done on this night.
- and about d belly dancing?, im not so sure.
instead we can make our say :day,(not night, some sisters are married i believe), sometym before her wedding to gist together,ask her how she feels, and enlightene her about married life( d married ones can share dere xperience).
and i dont exactly think we need to get into a hall, doing so then we mst follow d rules of propr attire...., nd we can always avoid we putting urselves out there for men. i think a sisters room/apartment will b better nd more comfortable for all our girlly things....
#yes d duff is permissibleand even encouraged on occassions like wdding, so as to announce d wedding well.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 6:12am On Oct 25, 2013
Deleted.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 6:29am On Oct 25, 2013
Deleted
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 10:13am On Oct 25, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
ummsulaym: A friendly and sisterly plea to Deols
I don't know how else or where to get this to you... I thought of sending you a PM but I doubt if you do receive my mails... I brought this here cuz I dnt want it 'public' though this thread is no less than 'public' too but @least, it's a public for 'us'... I don't know how to explain this or beg you of this and I dnt know if you will even comply but I have to say it anyway... Sis deols, I understand your point and every sane person should do but people will never see reasons with you even if you make more points especially when your point is not only in-line with Islam but also coming from a muslim... I know you wouldn't want to give up on that thread cuz no one will want to give up to losers... But I beg cuz the arguement*or not so* is not @ the verge of stopping soon...
You have your reasons and I respect it if you don't want to unfollow it but this is the first request by me to you and only pray you honour it...
Something about your profile makes point to me and now it has to make point to you too... You know what that is? YOUR LOCATION...

wow!!

Do you mean that you have not been getting the replies to the previous mails you have sent me?? That would be bad. I can't imagine that the other people I have responded to.did not get it either.

About that thread, just leave me to it please. I know, I totally understand that giving up is the best thing to do. But I keep up for reasons I can not explain here.

I am not hoping that anyone else would react the way I do nor would find a reason to defend me on them.

I appreciate you asking me this. The thread won't go on for too long anymore anyways. I know how things happen on here. I've been here long enough to predict how it'll end.

Thank you, again and do check your email and spam.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
am so very sorry for chipping my ofofo mouth into ds buh i cudnt sit back and keep quiet. i only follwed the shared thread out of curiousity to know why sista umu sulaym wants deol out buh what i saw there is more than how umu sulaym presented it here sef. i was saddened to see how deols has perfectly let herself be insulted by people who come online without any other reason. please and please dear sister, forget ur fury and your ire. forget your desire to fight it to the last, bring Allah's reason into this. arguement is argument even if it is FOR Allah and He has said we shouldnt argue with each other. we agree to disagree. if that person is unreasonable, pls be reasonable and unfollow the thread. you have nothing to loose. Even you could be rewarded mashaAllah

pls and pls and pls...oblige me for all our sakes
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
deols:

wow!!

Do you mean that you have not been getting the replies to the previous mails you have sent me?? That would be bad. I can't imagine that the other people I have responded to.did not get it either.

About that thread, just leave me to it please. I know, I totally understand that giving up is the best thing to do. But I keep up for reasons I can not explain here.

I am not hoping that anyone else would react the way I do nor would find a reason to defend me on them.

I appreciate you asking me this. The thread won't go on for too long anymore anyways. I know how things happen on here. I've been here long enough to predict how it'll end.

Thank you, again and do check your email and spam.

oh yes, I haven't received any mail well, that's by the way.... Regarding the unfollow stuff, guess I will have to trust you on this... Like i stated earlier, if you don't want to unfollow, I respect your decision especially when I don't know why... Do hope is for a more pressing reason...
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
i dont thiknk i got it wrong or somet.

am33rah: Salam alaykum my dear sisters. I would like to ask a question regarding "sisters night"[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][/size] that is [size=8pt]organized a night before the nikkah. is it supported by the sunnah? pls I need evidences concerning this. jazakumullahu khairan,Amin

When you say sunnah I do not understand, because it's females event and sunnah is what the prophet did.

But if you want to know if Islam supports it or its against it that I can answer.

sister's nite's what she said right, a nite bfore nikkah
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
exactly, even i wanted to tell sissie that what was asked was about sister's NIGHT buh i decided to swallow the need
Am sorry if this isnt coming right. buh sissie is a bit of a hottie-head (no insults ). you always sound pugnacious w/o knowing. this is a sister's gathering and i believe we shud tell each oda d truth. All of us go marry. make we no carry d negatives go our 'naam's house
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
babylolaroy: exactly, even i wanted to tell sissie that what was asked was about sister's NIGHT buh i decided to swallow the need
Am sorry if this isnt coming right. buh sissie is a bit of a hottie-head (no insults ). you always sound pugnacious w/o knowing. this is a sister's gathering and i believe we shud tell each oda d truth. All of us go marry. make we no carry d negatives go our 'naam's house

Salam alaikum,

You say I sound pugnacious, hottie head and say no insult/your sorry if it doesnt come out right?
If you have a problem with me or how I answered you on a specific post, you should send me a PM.

At bolded where is that coming from? What does that have to with anything being discussed?

If ibid was answering a specific post she should have quoted it, she talked about belly dancing and the rest which was something I wrote and not part of the question.

Like I said if you have a problem with a particular post state it.

P.s you are not telling me the truth (what truth) that you did is not advice or whatever it's name calling. Do you know me to call me a hottie head? If you have a problem with a post point it out at how I got it mixed up, how I was rude or whatever but do not call me names.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
Unfollows thread.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
sisters....please don't let us have these kinds of misunderstanding. We are meant to teach ourselves about the deen,not to be aggressive or getting defensive as the case may be. There is nothing really wrong in letting us know if we aren't doing some things right, but at the same time,we should be able to correct ourselves in a way that won't make the other party feel insulted. please let's benefit from one another as much as we can and try to focus on the issues discussed. May Allah guide us and forgive our sins.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
@babylolaroy, that was harsh... It's so harsh that the apologies can't matter... This shouldn't be... Pls sis, modify that and you owe sissy an apology... Am begging you not judging you.... Please I beg, correct it

@sissie, on her behalf, I say am sorry. I wouldn't take that too and I understand if you see that as enough to unfollow thread but where is the forgiveness if you act on your anger and abandon your sisters? What will 'others' say or think of us? Wallahi am not happy with this...

@all, we can disagree with people in a way it wount be offensive... We can never be careful enough though*cuz poo gat happen sometimes* but 'I am sorry' works wonders too...
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
salam sissie. you cant unfollow your own thread. am sorry, i ddnt really rememba about PM-ing you. its not like i have a prob wth yu ofcos. And hottie as i used it in ds context isnt calling you names. i was just trinna say what av noticed in ur chat style. lemme not get defensive so i wont piss yu off. wallahi i dnt mean for ds to strain our virtual relationship....am sorry again

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
umm sulaym, thanx for sorrying her on my behalf. i really didnt mean to hurt her. i shudav thot it wud. maybe i was selfish not to consider ao i wudav felt. sissie, i so very apologise nd am waiting for yu to say...yeeh!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
babylolaroy: umm sulaym, thanx for sorrying her on my behalf. i really didnt mean to hurt her. i shudav thot it wud. maybe i was selfish not to consider ao i wudav felt. sissie, i so very apologise nd am waiting for yu to say...yeeh!
i hv acceptd ur apology on her behalf. sisters move on
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
@ummusulaym thank you. It's so much appreciated.

@babylolaroy accepted.

@ameerah thanks

May Allah forgive us all our sins and make us better Muslims. Amin.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 10:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
thanx for that. you never know what it means to me
buh i have anoda problem dah hurts me nau. why would you delete all your earlier posts...accepting my apology means forgiveness wic doesnt include bringing down all your posts...this is your thread baby. feel at home in your own home
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sissie: @ummusulaym thank you. It's so much appreciated.

@babylolaroy accepted.

@ameerah thanks

May Allah forgive us all our sins and make us better Muslims. Amin.
Amin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If A Husband Refuses To Spend On His Wife, Is It Right To Sexually Refuse Him? / Edoardo Agnelli: Son of Billionaire Italian Killed For Embracing Islam / Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.