Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Muslim Sisters Circle - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Sisters Circle (20335 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by BahPulo(f): 1:06am On Oct 26, 2013
ummsulaym: A friendly and sisterly plea to Deols
I don't know how else or where to get this to you... I thought of sending you a PM but I doubt if you do receive my mails... I brought this here cuz I dnt want it 'public' though this thread is no less than 'public' too but @least, it's a public for 'us'... I don't know how to explain this or beg you of this and I dnt know if you will even comply but I have to say it anyway... Sis deols, I understand your point and every sane person should do but people will never see reasons with you even if you make more points especially when your point is not only in-line with Islam but also coming from a muslim... I know you wouldn't want to give up on that thread cuz no one will want to give up to losers... But I beg you, please unfollow cuz the arguement*or not so* is not @ the verge of stopping soon...
You have your reasons and I respect it if you don't want to unfollow it but this is the first request by me to you and only pray you honour it...
Something about your profile makes point to me and now it has to make point to you too... You know what that is? YOUR LOCATION...
After reading the link I can see where you are coming from. But I also support her stance on staying and dealing with the problem to the end. I know it's a good thing to take the moral road however sometimes one has to put the dot on the i's especially in this forum where people think they can insult you and get away with it. Sometimes one is force to descend to their level

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 7:27am On Oct 26, 2013
BahPulo:
After reading the link I can see where you are coming from. But I also support her stance on staying and dealing with the problem to the end. I know it's a good thing to take the moral road however sometimes one has to put the dot on the i's especially in this forum where people think they can insult you and get away with it. Sometimes one is force to descend to their level
i dont think so. yu dont secend to a fool's level to prove ur point at every points of our lives, we meets devils in human shape who try to smear you with dirt. its a trial from Allah to see weda yu will let ur anger or desire rule you orlet God's ruling prevail. let deol stop fighting pls

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 26, 2013
Assalam alaykum, i hope u dont mind, but like i viwed d thread and sis deols, id also say u shud quit it. very often well find ple very provoking lyk that, bt we dnt also ave to counter their words with d same thing. bsds, d persos jst provoking to lose ur gentleladyness , dont do so pls. weve got our islamic morals. so sister deols, kindly ignore nd move on to something more worthy of one's time.
and bsds,

Abu Dawud Book 036, Hadith Number 4878.
Abu Dawud Book 36. General Behavior Print
Bismillah-Hir-Rahman-Nir-Raheem
Chapter : Not known.

Narated By Sa'id ibn al-Musayyab : While the Apostle of Allah ((صلى الله عليه و سلم) was sitting with some of his companions, a man reviled AbuBakr(r.a)and insulted him. But AbuBakr(r.a) remained silent. He insulted him twice, but AbuBakr(r.a) controlled himself. He insulted him thrice and AbuBakr took revenge on him. Then the Apostle of Allah ((صلى الله عليه و سلم) got up when AbuBakr (r.a)took revenge.

AbuBakr(r.a) said: Were you angry with me, Apostle of Allah?

The Apostle of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم) replied: An angel came down from Heaven and he was rejecting what he had said to you. When you took revenge, a devil came down. I was not going to sit when the devil came down.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
@Ummsulaymm,

can you remove the link from your post? I have heard enough sermon on this already. Thank you all.

Like I said, I had my reasons and they remain valid.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by mamamusty(f): 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
deols: @Ummsulaymm,

can you remove the link from your post? I have heard enough sermon on this already. Thank you all.

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 8:27pm On Oct 26, 2013

in that case haritha jor lo yo link yen kuro. we v gat to respect d babe's 'valid' reasons

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
Salam habibtys.

I want to share a little about breast cancer, October is the breast cancer month, lots of public lectures going on, so I decided to talk about it.

Over 100000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer yearly, and many of us especially young ladies below 40 think we are too young to bother ourselves about it, but the truth is ladies in their 20's-30's are diagnosed with breast cancer too.

Certain risk factors contribute to the probability of a lady developing breast cancer:
1. Family history: if one person or more in ones family had cancer the chances of you developing it is high.
2. Unhealthy lifestyle: lack of exercise and healthy eating lifestyle.

Do a breast cancer checkup for yourself, and check for signs and symptoms especially after the monthly circle, and also go to the hospital, once every two years to do an ultra scan for people below 40years.

Will post later the signs and symptoms.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
concerning the cancer matter, i geh wetin ah wan talk. Buh as e be so, guys dey always peep. wetin person go cum do nau
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
@sissie: Jazakumullahukhyran.Still expecting the signs and symtoms.
@babylolary:
Talk joor.Dont mind them o.We cant say who might find it beneficial too.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 10:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
ok babe. buh am tired for the day. lemme sleep so i'll boot well inshaaAllah in the morning and say what i want to say...salam.goodnyt, sleep well y'all babes
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
@harmeenat wa iyyakum.

Signs and syptoms;
Things to look out for
1. Lumps in the breast and armpits.
2. N*pple retraction/ discharge/ tenderness and pain.
3. Skin dimpling/pluckering/thickening.
4. Change in size/symmetry/shape.
5. Redness and scaliness of the n*pple or breast skin.
6. Any changes that causes concern.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
ok sissie. thanx for the share. Can i pm you to just tell yu what i want to say?..if you dont mind. ion wanna make it public
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2013
babylolaroy: ok sissie. thanx for the share. Can i pm you to just tell yu what i want to say?..if you dont mind. ion wanna make it public

Yes you can.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 3:58am On Oct 28, 2013

Just seeing this post and it's been posted since 2days back*not my fault*... Will modify though but seems I've been quoted...
Saying your reasons remain valid is not enough to stop me from requesting that you unfollow the thread... I tread path with you in ''I know am right and no one is gonna talk me off it'' but sometimes(most times on NL), alotta things don't worth it and in such cases, I'm just like ''I have said my bit and my stand remains, accept it or dicard it I dont care and off I go''... Some will call it lack of confident, points, guts et cetera but am very much deaf to side talks and blind to off posts...
Anyways, your take on that is still very much repected if for concret reasons...
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 4:21am On Oct 28, 2013
Sissie: @ummusulaym thank you. It's so much appreciated.

@babylolaroy accepted.

@ameerah thanks

May Allah forgive us all our sins and make us better Muslims. Amin.

Glad, I am... If ikhlaas is instilled in our discussions, once, twice or more there is bound to be misunderstanding among us but our ability to forgive and quickly come back as ONE is what make our virtual sisterhood stronger... May Allah forgive us all...

Back to sisters, what do you think is the reason for the FEW to NO muslimah in charge of da'wah/Islah?
I want to know why (probably if there are quranic verses or hadith texts that oppose it) because I see an urgent need for them/us in the sence that there are quite number of areas that brothers can try but cannot do justice to when it regards females(ofcourse, they have the knowledge)... I know there is no shyness in matters of faith(though, al-hayl minal eeman) but there are areas and topics that are better handled by women...
Second question is how can we tackle the 'WHY' we are absent in da'wah field?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babylolaroy(f): 7:13am On Oct 28, 2013
Praise be to Allaah.
Women, like men, are obliged to call
people to Allaah and to enjoin what is
good and forbid what is evil, because
the texts of the Qur’aan and Sunnah
indicate that, and the words of the
scholars clearly state that. So women
have to call people to Allaah and enjoin
what is good and forbid what is evil,
following the guidelines of sharee’ah,
just as men are required to do. A
woman should not be deterred from
calling people to Allaah by feelings of
anxiety or lack of patience because of
some people looking down on her,
insulting her or mocking her. Rather
she has to put up with that and be
patient. If she thinks that people are
mocking her or making fun of her in
some way, then she should pay
attention to something else, which is
that she should be the best example of
observing hijaab in front of non-
mahram men and avoiding mixing
freely. She should be careful to ensure
that her da’wah is free of anything
reprehensible. If she makes da’wah to
men she must do so whilst observing
hijaab and without being alone with
any non-mahram man. If she makes
da’wah to women, she must call them
wisely and making sure that her
attitude and behaviour is above
suspicion so that no one will criticize
her or ask, “why doesn’t she start with
herself?” She has to keep away from
clothing that will distract people, and
avoid all kinds of fitnah (temptation)
such as displaying her beauty or
speaking in a soft manner, for which
she may be criticized. She must take
care to call people to Allaah in a
manner which will not harm her
religious commitment or her
reputation.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
ummsulaym:

Back to sisters, what do you think is the reason for the FEW to NO muslimah in charge of da'wah/Islah?
I want to know why (probably if there are quranic verses or hadith texts that oppose it) because I see an urgent need for them/us in the sence that there are quite number of areas that brothers can try but cannot do justice to when it regards females(ofcourse, they have the knowledge)... I know there is no shyness in matters of faith(though, al-hayl minal eeman) but there are areas and topics that are better handled by women...
I don't think there is any quranic verse or hadith text that opposes it.It should just be restricted to a sister -sister thing.I think a reason why there are few to no muslimahs is because of our knowledge.Personally,I believe anyone who is learned to an extent of knowing dawah is compulsory would surely strive to do dawah.

Second question is how can we tackle the 'WHY' we are absent in dawah field?
Let those who know,enlighten those who don't know.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
DISTRACTIONS DURING SALATUL JUM'AH WHEN THE IMAM HAS STARTED THE KHUTBAH
Assalam alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatuhu. It's another friday;may Allah make us witness this and many more in good health and as steadfast muslims,Amin.
Distractions during khutbah is a common problem during salatul jum'ah,especially amongst the sisters. That's when some people who haven't seen themselves for a while exchange pleasantries;some will prefer asking you unecessary questions;some will be buying and selling when the khutbah is going on;while a few will be passing around donation boxes during khutbah!
Distractions should be avoided during khutbah,because the khutbah is an essential part of the friday prayer. In normal zuhr prayers,we pray 4rak'ats,whilt it's only 2 for the jum'ah prayer;scholars are of the view that the khutbah compensates for the remaining two rak'ats.
For us to have the reward of salatul jum'ah,talking should be avoided during khutbah. Even if someone tells another person to be quiet at that time,you are comitting the same misdeed. Abu hurayrah reports that the Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam said: If you say 'be quiet' while Imam is delivering khutbah, you have committed al-laghwah (an evil act or saying).
Salman Al- Farsi reports that the Prophet SallallahuAlayhiWasallam said: A person who performs ritual bath (al ghusl) on friday,attains as much purity as he can,applies oil or scents himself; and then proceeds for the prayer and does not force his way between two persons (assembled in the mosque for the friday prayer) and prays as much as is written for him, and remains quiet when the imam delivers the khutbah, all his sins in between the present and the next friday will be forgiven.
Hence,the majority of the scholars are of the opinion that it is obligatory to be silent and not indulge in any conversation during khutbah.
Ibn Abbas reports that the Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam said: whoever speaks in jumu'ah while the imam is delivering the khutbah,is like a donkey who is carrying books,and for those who tell him to be quiet,there is no reward for the jum'ah.
May Allah forgive us our sins and keep us on the right path,Amin.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by snubish: 5:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
sisters, salam alaykum. Wanted to post this as a separate thread but had little time. You may find this interesting as Maryam Ibrahim does quite a revelation of herself:
www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/islam-101/misconceptions/how-i-lost-my-identity-5-tips-when-studying-women-in-islam/
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
Asalam alaykum my wonderful sisters. The Muslim Corpers' Association of Nigeria MCAN Lagos state chapter, is having her Sisters' Seminar,tagged " SOCIETAL REFORMATION: MUSLIM SISTERS ON CALL". It is inshaa Allah taking place on January 12th 2014, at the LASUCOM Masjid, Ikeja,Lagos; 9am prompt. Our lecturers for the day include Mrs. Eniola Olajobi, CEO of Brainy Educare; Dr.(Mrs.) Muibah Ojulari will be taking the health section. There will be interactive sessions,games etc. Let us all be there, and don't forget to come with a friend. It promises to be educative, and mindblowing. May Allah spare our lives, Amin.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 9:46am On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 6:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
*enters thread*
*sees how the thread dry*
*goes out to get water to wet thread*
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
*Finally found something after about 22 hours, Alhamdulillah*
*clears throat*
@sissie: wa alaykum salam..
@ all: How are you doing. How is islam and family. I ask Allah to preserve us all and make us steadfast on islam. Amin
Let me start by saying I'm single and inshaAllah hope to get married soon. I think about what the future holds a lot and truth is, at times it scares me. A part that bothers me much is the aspect of raising kids. The age we are in now is not helping matters. I've therefore decided to spend a good amount of time with my kids especially in their early years. This decision would definately affect my career as an engineer. Though I might even end up trading the career for something else even without the issue of kids. Reason because,there is the issue of freemixing between the opposite sexes (men are far more than women in that field). Maybe if I were into medical line or education, I would'nt trade my career cos I like those fields and women can be useful in those fields too. *enuf of my opinion sef*
My last resort(for now) is to have a diploma in education, further in a good madrasah and set up a madrasah for kids maybe weekends (inshaAllah) and if there is still time venture into sewing (I'm still learning the art). I pray Allah makes it easy.
My questions are thus:
For working mothers, how has combining kids with career been?
For mothers who concentrate fully on taking kare of the kids, do you think there more than enough time (say taking up something else)?
For single sisters, how do you view this subject.
I'ld be very happy to hear ur views. May Allah guide us right.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 11:19am On Jan 07, 2014
Thank you for pouring water on the thread. grin

It's good you've decided to spend a good amount with your kids in the future Insha Allah.

True the age we are in doesn't help matters, kids get exposed to all sort of things.

I agree we have more male engineers, but I want to believe a female can still get a workplace that would still suit a Muslimah, many work places have more males than females.

Your plan of wanting to setup a madrassah is noble, we need more good madrassahs.

It's something I have thought of, will post later of my personal views on combining parenting with career.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
Yes, there are still chances of a muslima getting a good workplace which wont affect her deen. Determination is what she would be needing.
About ur post, I'm eagarly waiting o. From the way you sound, it seems its going to be interesting.
*sits back and relaxes*
I hope to hear more views.
Jazakumullahu khyran.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by CERKEYNAH: 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
@ harmeenart; when u get to d bridge u'll cross it, just ask 4 God direction.
@ all; I av something dt has been disturbing my mind c goes does: how do u care 4 ur hair 4 ummus in da houz considering d fact dt u av to take ur ghusl(spiritual bath) after intercourse unlike normal cycle c u know is once in a mnth u've gotta wash. I av dis stubborn hair, n long c i av to relax after so much pain, I also dont like plating my hair cos of headache buh I wash n pack it neatly. Buh been married n putting water on it often is disturbing n it get due easily. Pls my sis both married n singles, I nid ur suggestion, contributions n advise. Tanx
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
^ Am not married but I wash my hair frequently, it's part of my hair care routine.

I have natural hair, and I also do not like to plait/braid my hair, i pack it most of the time, I do protective hairstyles some times.

My tips:

1. Change the texture of your hair from stubborn to soft in other to manage it easier.
To soften your hair, deeply condition your hair with a good conditioner or a DIY conditioner with mayonnoise and egg white. You can deep condition once a month. And co wash your hair anytime you pour water on it and have a few extra minutes to spare on it I.e once or twice a week, you don't need to shampoo before conditioning.

Apply oils on your hair I.e olive oil, neem oil, castor oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, black seed oil, essential oils.
Apply hair creams like Emily millionaire, profective, kuza Indian hemp hair cream e.t.c.
This will also help with your hair getting due easily.

If your hair is soft, well treated and healthy. If you pour water on it everyday or two days it won't give you much problems.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 9:51pm On Jan 09, 2014
@Cerkynah: InshaAllah, I'ld stick to your advice.Jazakumullahu khyran
@Sissie: Thanks for the tips.
I use some of the tips and it works too,like oils. I also use shea butter(ori) mixed with honey. Since I started using it, I noticed the changes.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by CERKEYNAH: 10:44am On Jan 10, 2014
JazakAllah dear sis, rily appreciate ur contribution. I'll try those oils, I usually used any hair cream I found.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by CERKEYNAH: 10:49am On Jan 10, 2014
Another question I av is dt I've heard lectures n some text allow us to relax our hair though its been long I heard it. Pls I want a back up islamic text n hadith on dis 2 be sure. Tanx
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 7:54pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ramadan Kareem

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
Salam alaikum, thought I should share
My Punch newspaper interview http://www.punchng.com/business/young-entrepreneur/you-need-perseverance-to-succeed-bello

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If A Husband Refuses To Spend On His Wife, Is It Right To Sexually Refuse Him? / Edoardo Agnelli: Son of Billionaire Italian Killed For Embracing Islam / Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.