Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,344 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Muslim Sisters Circle - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Sisters Circle (20312 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
underage,u welcome dear. Av bin fyn jare,how's fasting n ur fmly ova dere?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by underage(f): 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
Thnx sissie, I'll try my best to participate in shaa Allah.

Candis009, am fyn oo, d family is fyn too. Alhamdulillah for ramadan. Jazakhillahu khairan, I guess its already past iftar for u guys ryt? May Allah accept our ibadah, ameen.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
underage: Thnx sissie, I'll try my best to participate in shaa Allah.

Candis009, am fyn oo, d family is fyn too. Alhamdulillah for ramadan. Jazakhillahu khairan, I guess its already past iftar for u guys ryt? May Allah accept our ibadah, ameen.

Ameen. Its even past taraweeh here. R we ahead of u guys? anyways,I WL msg u privately later on. take good care of urself
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ssultana(f): 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
Salam alaikum...I love this thread and just clicked the follow button smiley
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by underage(f): 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2014
Candis009:

Ameen. Its even past taraweeh here. R we ahead of u guys? anyways,I WL msg u privately later on. take good care of urself

M not on watsapp, try my email. Well lets not derail grin.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by underage(f): 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2014
The Ultimate Ramadan Dua’ List

– Shaykh Navaid Aziz

I looked at the greatest needs we have in this day and age and selected 7 dua’s from the Quran and Sunnah that I feel would be in the best interests of every Muslim. It would be ideal to print this list (or have it on your phone) and keep it handy at the time of iftar. Likewise, please add to your list anything else that you would like, especially that which your heart desires. For your convenience I have included the Arabic, English transliteration, and English translation. I pray Allah accepts from us all, and makes us from those who are forgiven and pardoned this Ramadan and entered into alfirdaws in the hereafter. Ameen.

DUA 1:

للّهُـمَّ إِنِّي أَعْوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الهَـمِّ وَ الْحُـزْنِ، والعًجْـزِ
والكَسَلِ والبُخْـلِوالجُـبْنِ
وضَلْـعِ الـدَّيْنِ وغَلَبَـةِ الرِّجال

Allahumma inni ‘audhubika min al-hammi wal huzani,wal ‘ajzi wal kasali, wal bukhli wal jubni, wa dala’ad-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijâl.
(O Allah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.)

DUA 2:

رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِيالدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الْآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ
النَّارِ
Rabbana aatina fid-dunya hassanatau,wa fil akhirati hassanatau, waqina ‘adhab an-nar.
(Our Lord, give us in this world [that which is] good and in the Hereafter [that which is] good and protect us from the punishment of the Fire. {Surat Al Baqarah 2: Verse 201})

DUA 3:

رَبِّ اجْعَلْنِي مُقِيمَالصَّلَاةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِي ۚ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلْ
دُعَاءِرَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لِيوَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ
يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسَابُ

Rabbi j’alnee muqeem as-salati wa mindhuriyyati. Rabbana, wa taqabbal dua’. Rabbanaghfir li wa li walidayya wa lilmu’mineena yawma yaqoom ul-hisab
(My Lord, make me an establisher of prayer, and [many] from my descendants. Our Lord, and accept my supplication. Our Lord, forgive me and my parents and the believers the Day the account is established. {Surat Ibrahim 14: Verse 40-41})

DUA 4:

اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّـي أسْـأَلُـكَ العَـفْوَوَالعـافِـيةَ في الدُّنْـيا وَالآخِـرَة
اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّـي أسْـأَلُـكَالعَـفْوَ وَالعـافِـيةَ في ديني وَدُنْـيايَ
وَأهْـلي وَمالـي ، اللّهُـمَّاسْتُـرْ عـوْراتي وَآمِـنْ رَوْعاتـي
،اللّهُـمَّ احْفَظْـني مِن بَـينِ يَدَيَّوَمِن خَلْفـي وَعَن يَمـيني
وَعَن شِمـالي ، وَمِن فَوْقـي ، وَأَعـوذُ بِعَظَمَـتِكَأَن
أُغْـتالَ مِن تَحْتـي

Allahumma inni as-alukaal-‘afwa wal ‘afiyata fid dunya wal akhira. Allahumma inni as-aluka al ‘afwa walafiyata fee deeni wa dunyaya wa ahlee wa malee. Allahummastur ‘awrati wa aminrow’ati. Allahumma ahfadhnee min bayni yadayya min khalfi wa ‘an yameeni wa ‘anshimali wa min fowqi wa a’oodhu bi ‘adhmatika an aghtaala min tahti.
(O Allah, I ask You for pardon and well-being in this life and the next. O Allah,I ask You for pardon and well-being in my religious and worldly affairs, and my family and my wealth. O Allah, veil my weaknesses and set at ease my dismay. O Allah, preserve me from the front and from behind and on my right and on my left and from above, and I take refuge with You lest I be swallowed up by the earth.”)

DUA 5:

اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّـي أَسْأَلُـكَ عِلْمـاً نافِعـاً وَرِزْقـاً طَيِّـباً ،وَعَمَـلاً
مُتَقَـبَّلاً

Allahuma inni as-aluka‘ilman nafi’an wa rizqan tayyiban wa ‘amalan matqaballa.
(O Allah, I ask You for knowledge which is beneficial and sustenance which is good, and deeds which are acceptable.)

DUA 6:

اللّهُـمَّ أَعِـنِّي عَلـى ذِكْـرِكَ وَشُكْـرِك ، وَحُسْـنِ عِبـادَتِـك

Allahuma a’inni ‘aladhikrika washukrika wahusni‘ibadatika.
(O Allah, help me to remember You, to thank You, and to worship You in the best of manners.)

DUA 7:

اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّـي أَسْأَلُـكَ الجَـنَّةَ وأََعوذُ بِـكَ مِـنَ الـنّار

Allahuma inni as-aluka al-jannata wa a’udhubika min an-nar.
(O Allah, I ask You to grant me Paradise and I take refuge in You from the Fire.)

Please do share to maximize your reward and benefit!

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Ifyjemila(f): 6:38am On Jul 02, 2014
Assalamualekun- wardmatula -wabarakatun sisters. Today mark the fift day of ramadan may Almighty Allah grant us the blessings of day's fast, forgive us our sins ,provide for us what to eat, what to drink & what to give out as zakat.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 02, 2014
amin...
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Rhukie(f): 7:18am On Jul 02, 2014
Allahumo ameen
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 02, 2014
Jazakumullahu sista for d adhkar. Ameen @ ify
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Ifyjemila(f): 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2014
@ candis009 pls try to always preach Islam to your mum through out this ramadan must of us dont really understand Islam, may Allah bless us with the knowledge of Quran & the knowledge of the book.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2014
Ifyjemila: @ candis009 pls try to always preach Islam to your mum through out this ramadan must of us dont really understand Islam, may Allah bless us with the knowledge of Quran & the knowledge of the book.

Lol to u ify.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Ifyjemila(f): 6:41am On Jul 03, 2014
Alhamdulilah, Alhamdulilah, Alhamdulilah, its another day. May almighty Allah forgive us our sins. Grand us the goodness of this holy month, may Allah forgive all the late muslims their sins, save them from the punishnment of the grave.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 03, 2014
Alhamdulilah sista,correct ur spelling. it has changed d meaning. N ameen to ur prayas
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Ifyjemila(f): 9:44am On Jul 03, 2014
Candis009: Alhamdulilah sista,correct ur spelling. it has changed d meaning. N ameen to ur prayas
Thanks for the correction.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Ifyjemila(f): 4:36am On Jul 10, 2014
Allah is the greatest.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by olanshi: 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
Mo'sha Allah!
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2014
Hehehe... una well done ooo! good job. Nice.

But I have a question. And it's related to lesbianinsm amongst muslim sisters. What's your take on it?

Why the question? I have a friend, she wears the hijab and never misses her solats and all that... but...she is a lesbian, and she says I'm the one that is 'confused' about my muslima status. Am I missing something?

YeaYeaNot
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
yeyenatu: Hehehe... una well done ooo! good job. Nice.

But I have a question. And it's related to lesbianinsm amongst muslim sisters. What's your take on it?

Why the question? I have a friend, she wears the hijab and never misses her solats and all that... but...she is a lesbian, and she says I'm the one that is 'confused' about my muslima status. Am I missing something?

YeaYeaNot

No your not missing anything. Lesbianism is a major sin in Islam.

Same way we have Muslims who say their salat and still involve themselves in filth.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
I see.

What's categorized as filth in your opinion?... as an individual I mean.

YeaYeaNot

Sissie:

No your not missing anything. Lesbianism is a major sin in Islam.

Same way we have Muslims who say their salat and still involve themselves in filth.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
yeyenatu: I see.

What's categorized as filth in your opinion?... as an individual I mean.

YeaYeaNot

Filth is that which sullies or defiles the morals, lesbianism, alcoholism, adultery etc.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
Sissie:

Filth is that which sullies or defiles the morals, lesbianism, alcoholism, adultery etc.

Okay. I agree with you. A lot of people do it though. That's why I always say that one's morality in itself has a lot to do with his interpretation of his religion.

I have seen Muslim brothers smoke and drink with the excuse that they would take a bath and all is forgiven. How weird is that? I have seen a hijab wearer smoking in the public before too. She felt so okay with herself and laughing and goofing round with her pals. I just smiled and walked on. My thought? It Was a fashion statement, the hijab. Now that just makes me wonder too. So also have I seen another with a jegging and tank top but a shoulder length hijab... fashion statement too. Why wear it then?

YeaYeaNot
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 7:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
yeyenatu:

Okay. I agree with you. A lot of people do it though. That's why I always say that one's morality in itself has a lot to do with his interpretation of his religion.

I have seen Muslim brothers smoke and drink with the excuse that they would take a bath and all is forgiven. How weird is that? I have seen a hijab wearer smoking in the public before too. She felt so okay with herself and laughing and goofing round with her pals. I just smiled and walked on. My thought? It Was a fashion statement, the hijab. Now that just makes me wonder too. So also have I seen another with a jegging and tank top but a shoulder length hijab... fashion statement too. Why wear it then?

YeaYeaNot

Either someone wears the hijab as a fashion statement or for religious purpose its still better than no hijab at all.
Either it's a tight skirt and top with a scarf on, it still identifies that person as a Muslim.
I don't believe in wear proper hijab or not at all, because I realize we are at different stages and what matters is striving.
There are Muslims who believe smoking is discouraged but not haram, and might belong to that.

I find it weird that a Muslim man drinks and thinks all he has to do is have a bath and all its forgiving, because that's not true.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
^^ okay ooo
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
Salaam alaikum sisters. Time to revive this thread it's been dead quiet for too long.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
Wa alyakum salam warahmatullah wabarakatuhu.. Looking forward to d revival of d thread
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by bntY: 7:43am On Oct 21, 2014
*Attempts to rekindle thread*.....
So it turns out i was watchin a wedding video at a friend's house.I couldnt hide my admiration for d groom's demeanour.He was all happy and ecstatic while d bride just maintained her calm and flashed few smiles at interval. Well,it is usually d other way round or equal expression of joy frm d couple, so i pointed out my observation and praised d guy for loving his wife so much......Few days later, my friend and i were discussing and she mentioned dt d dude was having his 2nd marriage. 'Wow! Is d 1st wife dead?'... 'No'. barren?,troublesome?... Of course she didnt hav answer for my barrage of questions.But i think it is an insult on d 1st wife.it.s like d guy chanced on gold having lacked d opportunity to behold even a bronze, by d way he was grinning frm earlobe to earlobe.
So my Q is:
How will you feel if you were d first wife in dis case, presuming things are going well in ur marriage?
2. Do you agree it.s an indirect 'insult'(considering d man's overjoy as if he's been missing somethin all d while) on d 1st wife?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 5:21pm On Oct 21, 2014
bntY:
So it turns out i was watchin a wedding video at a friend's house.I couldnt hide my admiration for d groom's demeanour.He was all happy and ecstatic while d bride just maintained her calm and flashed few smiles at interval. Well,it is usually d other way round or equal expression of joy frm d couple, so i pointed out my observation and praised d guy for loving his wife so much......Few days later, my friend and i were discussing and she mentioned dt d dude was having his 2nd marriage. 'Wow! Is d 1st wife dead?'... 'No'. barren?,troublesome?... Of course she didnt hav answer for my barrage of questions.But i think it is an insult on d 1st wife.it.s like d guy chanced on gold having lacked d opportunity to behold even a bronze, by d way he was grinning frm earlobe to earlobe.
So my Q is:
How will you feel if you were d first wife in dis case, presuming things are going well in ur marriage?
2. Do you agree it.s an indirect 'insult'(considering d man's overjoy as if he's been missing somethin all d while) on d 1st wife?

He may have been all smiles and happy maybe due to his nature, some people are just like that they grin from earlobe to earlobe.
And we do not know his reasons for taking another wife.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2014
bntY:
So my Q is:

Hmmm.. No comment
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ameenahz(f): 7:10am On Oct 22, 2014
bntY:
So my Q is:

1. I don't have a co wife yet. And honestly sometimes I pray never to have. So I don't really know the extent of a first wife's hurt. But I do know it hurts. No matter how beautiful your marriage has been, it brings a sense of inadequacy. You start wondering if there was something you lack and all that.

If I were the first wife, of course I will not be happy. But it won't do to let one's insecurity drive the man farther away from home. I will do my best to put my sadness, anger and fear behind me and turn this lemon into lemonade. When he's with me, his other woman does not exist. He is the man I married and not a piece of meat I have to share with another woman(even if he has somehow made himself that)

2. I really don't think the husband's reaction was because he has been missing something. He just got something errmm.... new(lack of a better word) Have you ever seen a middle aged man with all these small girls they run after? They tell you they feel young again. The groom in question is probably in his late thirties or early forties so let me assume midlife crisis is a contributing factor too. A large percentage of men's reaction to issues is centred on their ego. In fact to me, they thrive on it. And except those who can successfully ward off lustful thoughts and lower their gaze, a bit of lust is more or less inevitable. All we pray for for our men is the strength to resist the whispers of Shaitan and avoid adultery. This man was probably like ' na me land this cha cha babe? I be baba o'. His being hyperactive does not mean he has found something in the second wife that the first wife lacked. In fact his marrying a second wife does not necessarily mean his first marriage was not happy. He is simply being who he is. And I am sure in some of his moments alone he will reflect on his life and his first wife's strong points(especially when the reality of marriage sets in for the 2 of them) and knock himself on the head for not being contented.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by aalymah(f): 11:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
ameenahz:

1. I don't have a co wife yet. And honestly sometimes I pray never to have. So I don't really know the extent of a first wife's hurt. But I do know it hurts. No matter how beautiful your marriage has been, it brings a sense of inadequacy. You start wondering if there was something you lack and all that.

If I were the first wife, of course I will not be happy. But it won't do to let one's insecurity drive the man farther away from home. I will do my best to put my sadness, anger and fear behind me and turn this lemon into lemonade. When he's with me, his other woman does not exist. He is the man I married and not a piece of meat I have to share with another woman(even if he has somehow made himself that)

2. I really don't think the husband's reaction was because he has been missing something. He just got something errmm.... new(lack of a better word) Have you ever seen a middle aged man with all these small girls they run after? They tell you they feel young again. The groom in question is probably in his late thirties or early forties so let me assume midlife crisis is a contributing factor too. A large percentage of men's reaction to issues is centred on their ego. In fact to me, they thrive on it. And except those who can successfully ward off lustful thoughts and lower their gaze, a bit of lust is more or less inevitable. All we pray for for our men is the strength to resist the whispers of Shaitan and avoid adultery. This man was probably like ' na me land this cha cha babe? I be baba o'. His being hyperactive does not mean he has found something in the second wife that the first wife lacked. In fact his marrying a second wife does not necessarily mean his first marriage was not happy. He is simply being who he is. And I am sure in some of his moments alone he will reflect on his life and his first wife's strong points(especially when the reality of marriage sets in for the 2 of them) and knock himself on the head for not being contented.
Hmmm...well said,sis..
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ayinba1(f): 3:47am On Oct 24, 2014
As a woman and it is natural that I feel sad that my husband takes a new wife, whether he smiles, laughs or frowns at the ceremony. However, I have a different approach to it. The wedding day is for the new bride and his countenance honors the new wife more than dishonoring the current ( not oldsmiley ) wife. The new wife is nervous of course because she will never have the "joy" of having her husband to herself alone and this union becomes a union of 3. But she is going into it with as much courage and joy as she could.

This is tough but until we all start to regard everything we have - health, wealth, children, kids, friends etc as gifts from Allah, we would have a really tough time dealing with events pertaining to loss/reduction.

Our muslim brothers (or men) want to practice the sunnah of polygamy, yet some do not offer tahajjud, nor have the kind manners that are sunnah. This is one quick sunnah a lot of them are eager to fulfil but it also begs to the very nature of man.

For married sisters, do your very best in keeping your part of the deal in a marriage. Men do complain about women adding weight once they start having kids, (yes, I know they put on weight too), some complain that the wife is not comfortable when their relatives visit, while they do not mind the wife's relatives visiting. Other complaints include lack of intimacy, nagging,. Please if you work, do not become responsible for household expenses ( Basics) Islamically, let the man do what he is required to do. You only play a silent supportive role. Don't work so hard that you are exhausted when he requests for action because men will ask.
Please note that the complaints listed above do not get fixed with the addition of new wife smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

If A Husband Refuses To Spend On His Wife, Is It Right To Sexually Refuse Him? / Edoardo Agnelli: Son of Billionaire Italian Killed For Embracing Islam / Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.