Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,802 members, 7,802,563 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant (37933 Views)

What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Pastor Tunde Bakare's son & NYSC commandant trade slaps in NYSC Ondo camp / List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Vincent41(m): 1:01am On Jul 05, 2013
[quote author=Stegomiah]

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/no-mercy-for-mercy/[/quote

its de clarion call...under de sun or in de Rain...sorry dear
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by waldigit: 1:02am On Jul 05, 2013
Somorin#1:

She was given a direct order to go to her room. She refused.

A prudent person would have obeyed a command from a Commandant of the camp.

The jury will focus on why she was the one of all of the other girls there that got hurt.

The others followed direction = did not get injured. She did not follow command.

I am not saying that the Commandant is right, I've never said that.

Thanks for your response but I continue to award part culpability to the victim.

i doubt if you can really smell what you are saying. But pls. Bro all things being equal was brutal assault on this lady right. I understand that the international convention even in war situation is that harmless civilian target is forbidden let alone an harmless woman. It may interest you to know our country may remain the same until rapture.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by joewee87: 1:42am On Jul 05, 2013
taiyesoul:

"NOW YOUR SUFFERINGS CONTINUES"

I support you ma broda because after the so called service there aren't readily available jobs rather one would have to struggle to make ends meet. If am the father of that girl i'll make sure that idiot never lays his hands on anyone again
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 05, 2013
dom:
i do not know how old or educated you are. But from your comment and from the way you revere a captain in manifest trepidation and subservience you're obviously a very young lad. pls who the hell is a captain in the army A very very junior officer. Just above 2nd lieutenant and lieutenant!! Some of us in this forum are his senior in government service and would be his very far senior in the military if we had toed that line. In any case does his being a captain give him the right to physically abuse an unarmed civilian thereby occasioning grievous bodily harm A lady for that matter. In my over ten years of legal practice I have come to see that "damages" is a relief few Nigerians know how to push for in court. I wish the young would emulate the other lady, Okere, who Was awarded 100 million naira in damages when she sued the Chief of Air staff for vicarious liability after his boys humiliated and dragged her on the floor in lagos. I also want to assure you that this incident would cost the captain his job. The cheek of you to call her rude for asserting her rights in the face of a brute.

You're wasting time. The person you quoted has his opinion too.

Contact the Lady, and offer to represent her and her family. Take this case all the way to the highest court.

In fact, set up a class action lawsuit and invite anyone who has ever suffered injustice at the hands of the army to join in.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 1:57am On Jul 05, 2013
waldigit :

i doubt if you can really smell what you are saying. But pls. Bro all things being equal was brutal assault on this lady right. I understand that the international convention even in war situation is that harmless civilian target is forbidden let alone an harmless woman. It may interest you to know our country may remain the same until rapture.

You don't smell written words, you read them.

You're right, until citizens learn the meaning of insubordination then perhaps rapture it is.

Were you born when we went through "War Against Indiscipline?"
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Meox: 6:20am On Jul 05, 2013
Dis Guy: These crazy army soldiers that never get punished,
instead they get relocated somewhere else to continue their barbaric assault on innocent people

who would be picking up the bills?

Hope the nysc insurance scheme is not just on paper
o boy na paper o cos wen i was serving if u visit hospital for them to administer drugs to u, guess what they give u: Paracetamol and vitamine c. Meanwhile they told us that we hav health insurance during our orentation exercise, my service yr ended in june 2013 being last month but frm nov 2012 they stop giving us free treatment if u ask them, they will tell u that nysc have nt paid the health insurance fee. We spent our little and hard earnd allawee in buying drugs while serving our so called fatherland for those of us that served where the need is greater if u knw what i mean (north). Thank God we conquerd!
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by nkenu(m): 6:45am On Jul 05, 2013
In order to make a good judgement, one must hear from both parties involved in a case. I dont think we should call for the HEAD of the NYSC camp commandant yet without giving him a fear hearing from his own side. All the same, i sympathise with Mercy on her predicaments. Wishing her a very speedy recovery!
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by ablyguy(m): 7:05am On Jul 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by krestup: 7:40am On Jul 05, 2013
This is a very wicked act.. the commandant has to be several punish because no army personal has the right to beat a corper. The worst they could do to a corper is to give them punishment. i feel sorry for the girl, i pray she get better. This is a lesson to other commandant @ orientation camp..
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by ignis: 7:48am On Jul 05, 2013
Nigeria, I hail thee...
A lawless country...
Where every dick and harry got the impunity to boldly infringe on others human right.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by krestup: 7:50am On Jul 05, 2013
Meox: o boy na paper o cos wen i was serving if u visit hospital for them to administer drugs to u, guess what they give u: Paracetamol and vitamine c. Meanwhile they told us that we hav health insurance during our orentation exercise, my service yr ended in june 2013 being last month but frm nov 2012 they stop giving us free treatment if u ask them, they will tell u that nysc have nt paid the health insurance fee. We spent our little and hard earnd allawee in buying drugs while serving our so called fatherland for those of us that served where the need is greater if u knw what i mean (north). Thank God we conquerd!

NYSC health insurance scheme has been stop because they claim the health institution gave them outrageous bills. So what they do now is when you go the the hospital for treatment you would bear the cost for your treatment. You would write an application for reimbursement with your receipt for payment. They would reimburse you.. That's how the system work now... No more NYSC health insurance scheme.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by kobenol(m): 8:11am On Jul 05, 2013
SimonAndal: I might not know how the NYSC operates, but don't corpers leave the camp after 1 month? Dafuq was she doing dancing in camp after 4 MONTHS?
Mr., you didnt fully read the post did you?
Can I ask if you've served? Cos then you will understand that a handful of corps members from senior batch are drafted to the camp for transfer of knowledge in Drama, Band etc to fresh corps members in the camp.
At least read and understand...

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by achovirux(m): 8:36am On Jul 05, 2013
I have not heard the commandant own version of the story,therefore I can't be judgemental.most times stubbornness lands you up to where you never wished to be.Well get well soon but learn your lesson.The military is never a civil culture.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by achovirux(m): 8:39am On Jul 05, 2013
alexy147: That foolishly disgusting inhuman soldier needs to be punished..what's his joy in hitting a lady..pity the wife that is if she hasn't run back to her papa house.....
What's this one saying
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by olu4life(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2013
I'm highly disappointed at most of the comments blaming the girl. I would have done same in that situation because:
1. She's a senior corper who went to impact knowledge on the otondos
2. She was reporting the matter to an officer and wasnt expecting the camp commandant to treat her that way since she's with an officer.
3. She didnt say anything rude. She simply defended herself.
4. For those who dont know,its against NYSC law for soldiers to hiT corpers
I so much respect lawyers in camp. U dare not treat them anyhow. Alot of cases of soldiers and lawyers clashing happened durin my camping. The soldiers had no choice than to back out once discovered that they are lawyers. And if i hapen to be the one with the spine stuff,aswear that camp commandant is going down by all means. For those of u blaming the girl,i want u to look at it from this perspective. If the situation happened to ur sis,what would u have done? And for the girl she was fighting for i didnt hear any condemnation about her injured hand despite she not having sharp mouth like the other friend. Bunch of mofos

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by naijathings(m): 8:54am On Jul 05, 2013
this is the saddest thing ever.... i wish i read this in the afternoon.. now, i cant eat the breakfast i finished cooking.
this type of thing makes a human question GOD. But God is Great anyway..

I am sad. see how her life has been turned upside down and she is pissing in a bag now.

Imagine if your sister went to SERVE Nigeria and she was brought back like this after a few weeks all because of the doings of a person who is suppose to DEFEND all of us.

Lord, Let your healing not delay in her matter.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Emmychuksmarvel: 8:55am On Jul 05, 2013
Pls read with understanding. She is not a corp member, but a dance teacher who teaches corps member, so is nt under an military obligation to do as corpers. So why the abusive comments? To me, the commandant is totaly wrong and by the soldiers are not allow to handle corpers but to give strainous exercise in form of punishments. I am a corper, so i kn.
olu4life: I'm highly disappointed at most of the comments blaming the girl. I would have done same in that situation because:
1. She's a senior corper who went to impact knowledge on the otondos
2. She was reporting the matter to an officer and wasnt expecting the camp commandant to treat her that way since she's with an officer.
3. She didnt say anything rude. She simply defended herself.
4. For those who dont know,its against NYSC law for soldiers to hiT corpers
I so much respect lawyers in camp. U dare not treat them anyhow. Alot of cases of soldiers and lawyers clashing happened durin my camping. The soldiers had no choice than to back out once discovered that they are lawyers. And if i hapen to be the one with the spine stuff,aswear that camp commandant is going down by all means. For those of u blaming the girl,i want u to look at it from this perspective. If the situation happened to ur sis,what would u have done? And for the girl she was fighting for i didnt hear any condemnation about her injured hand despite she not having sharp mouth like the other friend. Bunch of mofos
Pls read with understanding. She is not a corp member, but a dance teacher who teaches corps member, so is nt under an military obligation to do as corpers. So why the abusive comments? To me, the commandant is totaly wrong and by the soldiers are not allow to handle corpers but to give strainous exercise in form of punishments. I am a corper, so i kn.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by lilezzy: 9:12am On Jul 05, 2013
alyarmouk: A captain of the NIGERIAN ARMY directed that all shld go inside and you were still explaining.......... he even pushed you and you had the guts to ask the captain if he cld push his sister like that walahi u get luck na only spine you damage..
shows how rude you are.
B.C.
U're very wrong. We're all citizens of nigeria and he's no god. We all ve rights and this would never happen in a civilized world. The commandant is there to provide security and nt to beat a graduate. By beating her, he cud ve even caused a problem if other corpers in camp stood up for their rights and fought back. People of the force in dis country(especially the ones with little ranks) tend to act lik gods. We need to also stop thinking that they re above the law. They shud be punished publicly so dt others can learn that rights infringment is a CRIME
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by MznAirA(f): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2013
Emmychuksmarvel: Pls read with understanding. She is not a corp member, but a dance teacher who teaches corps member, so is nt under an military obligation to do as corpers. So why the abusive comments? To me, the commandant is totaly wrong and by the soldiers are not allow to handle corpers but to give strainous exercise in form of punishments. I am a corper, so i kn.
hello!!!! She is a corp member part of the dance troupe and went to meet the new otondos in camp. The camp commandant should go down no matter what. Who does that !!!!! Beating up a lady who was only trying to save more people from receiving further punishment... Who knows what will ve happened if she didn't talk when she did ? Maybe they will ve received enough beatings round... Now I wonder what the function of the army is.... I swear that man will receive his deserved punishment in folds upon folds.... Pls let's all come together and voice out... Enuf of dis rubbish by these so called military men.... It could happen to anybody tmr....
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by dom(m): 9:14am On Jul 05, 2013
Somorin#1:

You're wasting time. The person you quoted has his opinion too.

Contact the Lady, and offer to represent her and her family. Take this case all the way to the highest court.

In fact, set up a class action lawsuit and invite anyone who has ever suffered injustice at the hands of the army to join in.
i've not begrudged him the right to express his opinion, which as you know, is like an a55hole of which everyone has one.however, in expanding his intellectual horizon and enlightening him that a "whole captain of the nigerian army" isn't a god or deity I merely expressed my own opinion also. That a person is of the military doesnt give him a right to ride roughshod over unarmed civilians. Talk less of a lady. There's no justification for that whatsoever. to think that the assault was carried out - not by a rank and file rating - but by a commissioned officer who ought to know better is even more shameful&odious. 2 years ago my court registrar suffered a similar opprobrium in the hands of some jackboots. It only took a properly couched protest letter to the right authorities to get the errant officers remanded and substantial damages paid to her. The era of wanton military brutality is long gone. Anyone still worshipping them and glorifying their bestiality is merely a pusilanimous victim of mental masturbation.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by ddeola: 9:20am On Jul 05, 2013
Na wa o overzealous soldier in a show of strength with a girl, what a shame. Some of these guys behave like animals. I pray the girl recovers from this
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by lastpage: 9:38am On Jul 05, 2013
Sibrah: Four months after? What kind of dance she dey dance four months after camp? Na kerewa dance?

SimonAndal: I might not know how the NYSC operates, but don't corpers leave the camp after 1 month? Dafuq was she doing dancing in camp after 4 MONTHS?

Some of you are too dumb to read or actually have COMPREHENSION PROBLEM!
She was already passed out of Orientation Camp and on Primary Assignment.
She and the others who are "experienced, former members" of the Troupe were RECALLED to come into Camp and teach the New Corp members, some dance routine!
I quoted it for you, just in-case.....

Excerpt:
Mercy was visited by the correspondent in her home at Lagos. As she lay down on a couch in their living room, the young lady writhed in pains, even as she struggled to answer the reporter's questions. "When the Batch A corps members were in the Orientation Camp in March, this year, the NYSC officials invited members of the Dance Troupe to the camp to teach the new corps members how to dance. We got to the camp in the evening of Sunday, March 17.

GERRIT?

Lastpage!

BTW: Until everyone, including Soldiers and Police, are held responsible for their actions, people like this "Soldier Commandant" will continue to think they are above the law and behave like Animalistic Tyrants!

Is this what a parent, who have nurtured their Daughter from Age one, through University, get in-return for SERVING FATHERLAND?
Justice, is all we want, for this Lady!

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Tonyblinky(m): 9:58am On Jul 05, 2013
U get luck say na only spine u break,why on earth would u argue wit ur camp commandant?height of indiscipline,being a serving corper and went thru camping activities,its ovbious she is a mouthy person.sorry sha but it should serve as a lesson to others

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Kudylata(f): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2013
Gentle Naaz: always use ur senses wn ever u r dealing wt uniform men, esp soldiers. She wont hv questiond hm dat way. However, i pray u recover
uniformed men my foot!!!
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by jamst(m): 10:32am On Jul 05, 2013
the lady should av followed the order(i.e enough is enough,everybody go 2 ur room)given by the commandant(no1 leader in the camp)...it shows that the girl is disrespectful buh,the commandant ought to av shown restrain wit his reaction.i pray she get well soon...(peace2all)

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by tennytayo: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2013
taiyesoul:

This is not fear at all. The commandant really needs to be punuished.sorry dear
"NOW YOUR SUFFERINGS CONTINUES"
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by danchuzzy(m): 11:18am On Jul 05, 2013
alyarmouk: A captain of the NIGERIAN ARMY directed that all shld go inside and you were still explaining.......... he even pushed you and you had the guts to ask the captain if he cld push his sister like that walahi u get luck na only spine you damage..
shows how rude you are.
B.C.
I wish say na ur sister Dem treat like this.
U av mawt t judge. God have mercy on you....
Smh
undecided
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by olumyde(m): 11:46am On Jul 05, 2013
Blueray: Somethings we should take into consideration on this
matter.
1. The NYSC Camp life is a regimented life and in this kind of life
style you loss some amount of your Human Rights.
a. You are asked to sleep even when you are not ready (remember
lights out?)
b. You are made to wake even when the weather is so so harsh (ask
those that served in the North especially during the harmattan)
c. You take part in compulsory morning Physical Exercise that your
VC will not attempt to order.
d. You must wear that uniform even if you have the best jeans in the
world.
e. You must remain in the Camp for the period of the Orientation
Exercise.
2. It is only the soldiers that have been mandated to ensure this
regimentation in Camp.
3. The Camp Commandant is responsible for discipline in the Camp in
addition to ensuring that the regimented life style is upheld.

Now the impression that the average officer or soldier is a dullard is
very deceptive. Some here have tried NDA exams until they suddenly
realised that they were fathers and no longer qualified.
Somebody commented that we have not gotten the whole gist but the two
parties were wrong.
If the story here is correct, the Commandant have no business addressing
the girl while an NYSC Official was already at the scene unless she had
been rude to the Official.
The Commandant ought to know her status in the Camp i.e. some of the
regimental rules do not apply to her as she is not undergoing
Orientation Exercise.
Yes, when she was ordered to go back into her room she should have
obeyed. A succesful act of insurbordination especcialy in the presence
of other surbordinates will lead to mutiny which in this case will be
rioting in Camp. And we will all blame the Commandant for lack of grip.
An officer is a gentleman and so the physical contact was wrong....at a
lady at that...
Will the officer be punished? After a detailed investigation and if
found culpable why not.... But was he doing his legitimate duty of
ensuring peace and harmony in the Camp? We weren't there. My symparthy
to the lady. However, if you have folks going to NYSC camp do well to
drum some of the considerations above into their heads and they will
enjoy the Camp. Peace and no hate.
This is spot on. Why can't ppl see the sense in this. The way some ppl are speaking, they'll be encouraging younger ones to do the same. Pls, when confronted wt such, back down for dt moment of fury, then u can report him to d authority, or refuse to continue wt teaching the dance, and move out of the camp in protest. There are better ways to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by abeybright: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
That is unfair...the guy need to be punish severly
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Uzunmarae(f): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2013
[quote
author=cute shade]God will heal her. The way soldiers treat corpers in
camp is too bad.I pray I won't fall their victim this november[/quote]
Amen, may God help her!
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Moshoosa: 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2013
First of all, i sympathize with the corp member in question, on the other hand, it is against rules and regulations of NYSC to back to orientation camp after the completion for any reason, but nevertheless the name of camp commandant need to brought to book and need to be punished.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
dom:
i've not begrudged him the right to express his opinion, which as you know, is like an a55hole of which everyone has one.however, in expanding his intellectual horizon and enlightening him that a "whole captain of the nigerian army" isn't a god or deity I merely expressed my own opinion also. That a person is of the military doesnt give him a right to ride roughshod over unarmed civilians. Talk less of a lady. There's no justification for that whatsoever. to think that the assault was carried out - not by a rank and file rating - but by a commissioned officer who ought to know better is even more shameful&odious. 2 years ago my court registrar suffered a similar opprobrium in the hands of some jackboots. It only took a properly couched protest letter to the right authorities to get the errant officers remanded and substantial damages paid to her. The era of wanton military brutality is long gone. Anyone still worshipping them and glorifying their bestiality is merely a pusilanimous victim of mental masturbation.

Most excellent that you have experience on this.

Can I assume that you'll be offering your services to this victim then?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures / Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State / NYSC-UPDATE:for Those Who Miss The Nationwide Headcount(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.