Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,159 members, 7,780,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:58 AM

Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP (19574 Views)

Rivers Rerun: PDP Releases Photos, Alleges FG Doles Out Billions To APC Rivers / Peterside & APC Rivers Hold Thanksgiving Service Over Supreme Court's Judgement / We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by masterdre: 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
The leadership of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, in Rivers State has said it is in total support of the suspension of Governor Rotimi Amaechi, and accused him of already working with the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC.

The party leaders, led by the state party chairman, Felix Obuah, had a meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan and also apologised to the president for the governor’s actions, which they described as ‘shameful.’

The Obuah led leadership, opposed to Mr. Amaechi, is believed to be sponsored by the Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, and the presidency. They were declared the authentic leadership after a court sacked the party leadership loyal to Mr. Amaechi.

Speaking to journalists after Thursday’s meeting, Mr. Obuah said, “W are pained and our heart bleeds today that the main champion of opposition in the country against Mr. President and indeed the Federal Government of Nigeria is our own son, Governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi.”

“This is indeed shameful. We do not know what has come over the young man. Is it that he wants to destabilize the PDP before his eventual movement to his new party, having been handed over the ACN/APC structure in Rivers State?

“Unfortunately, he has repeatedly rebuffed every effort by us and well meaning Nigerians to make him show remorse and respect for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Mr. President Sir, we sincerely apologize to you and the First Lady on this sad situation,” he added.

Mr. Obuah said residents of Rivers State were not in support of the actions of Mr. Amaechi against the president.

“We appeal that as the saying goes, ‘you do not visit the sin of the father on the son’ and implore your Excellency to remember us in prayers.

“To demonstrate that Rivers people are not with Governor Amaechi in this hostile attitude against Mr. President and our great party, we shall continue to support his suspension from the PDP by the National Working Committee until he retraces his steps from engaging in anti-party activities,” he said.

The party chairman said Mr. Amaechi was not only disrespecting the office of the president but is also attacking the Nigeria Police; stating that the governor’s grouse with the new Commissioner of Police in the State, Joseph Mbu, was because the new police boss refused to do what his predecessors did, which he described as “being used to terrorize innocent Rivers men and women including his perceived political opponents.”

Mr. Obuah described the new police commissioner as ‘God-sent’ saying he has refused to be used to “arrest and harass political opponents of Governor Amaechi and charging them to court on trumped-up charges.”

“It is for this reason that our Governor has been doing everything including instigating commission of crimes to ridicule and blackmail the Commissioner of Police.

“Governor Amaechi desperately wants Mr. Mbu out of Rivers State and has publicly threatened to lead a street protest in Port Harcourt with hired persons and non Nigerians. The idea of the protest we understand, is to further press for the removal of the patriotic and selfless Commissioner of Police in Rivers State,” he said.

The party chairman commended Mr. Wike, describing him as a source of inspiration “as well as many others in our struggle to restore our dignity and forge ahead as a winning party.”

He pledged the group’s support for the president, his transformation agenda as well as his polices adding that he can go to sleep with his two eyes closed “believing that at all times, we will massively support and stand with you, come rain come shine”.

Mr. Obuah said he assured the president that there was no crisis in the party and that “whoever that is not disciplined and who is not in support of our programme should be left out.”

“At every point in time, we let people realize that the party is supreme and the President is the leader of the party and we have come to show our commitment at loyalty to him”.

Mr. Amaechi was suspended from the PDP over what is believed to be his stance on major national issues which conflicts with that of Mr. Jonathan. He was suspended days after emerging as chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum by defeating the candidate supported by the PDP, Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140221-rivers-pdp-says-amaechi-is-already-with-apc-apologises-to-jonathan-for-governors-actions.html
Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Toktee(m): 4:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
Joblless old fools,Ameachi iz with Apc and why appologized on his behalf..........abi you people have gone there to beg for arms from Jonathan
Foolish people i wonder when you will learn to keep ur intergrity.
Over to anti ameachi........

29 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by SlyIg(f): 5:17pm On Jul 04, 2013
This Amaechi case don tire me o.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by egift(m): 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
The state PDP leadership simply went there to beg for money. When they return back they will start making trouble as instructed.

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by fkaz(m): 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
The party leaders, led by the state party chairman, Felix Obuah, had a meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan and also apologised to the president for the governor’s actions, which they described as ‘shameful.’

Ehyaa obuah apologised on behalf of Amaechi to retardeehio

Don't cry again baby

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by omenka(m): 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2013
“Unfortunately, he has repeatedly rebuffed every
effort by us and well meaning Nigerians to make him
show remorse and respect for the office of the
President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Mr.
President Sir, we sincerely apologize to you and the
First Lady on this sad situation,” he added.

Mr. Obuah said residents of Rivers State were not in
support of the actions of Mr. Amaechi against the
president.
“We appeal that as the saying goes, ‘you do not visit
the sin of the father on the son’ and implore your
Excellency to remember us in prayers".

God Forbid!!! Tufiakwa!! If my dad licked anyone's as$ this way, I would disown him!!

"Apologise to you and the first lady"!!! God Forbid!!
This is utterly unbelievable!

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Longeria(m): 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
Telling us what we know is not news worthy. ACN or APC are urging him on, and keep making him to believe he is a hero by fighting the President. I wish him long life so that he will witnesses what remains of him.

17 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by chrissbidi(m): 7:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
Na today? Abeg make una leave that matter!
Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Mogidi: 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
Bet no one will remember Amaechi after 2015, he will soon be history.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Wakabook01(m): 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
Hmmmmmm
Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by WildChild00(m): 10:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
SlyIg: This Amaechi case don tire me o.

This is just a ticks of the icebulk, sit back and relex, while the drama unfold.
Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by john1632: 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
Dats gud 4 him grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by demmy55(m): 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
Abeg make ona leave dis man alone fa!
Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Emade(m): 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
CHANGE IS GOOD O
Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by kaeto(m): 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
Let him go now, no more than 50 greedy peeps will go with him.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by fitzmayowa: 10:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
WildChild00:

This is just a ticks of the icebulk, sit back and relex, while the drama unfold.

Lobatan...bros I will recommend you fire your English teacher and get brighter grammar walahi grin

12 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by kaeto(m): 10:39pm On Jul 04, 2013
omenka: “Unfortunately, he has repeatedly rebuffed every
effort by us and well meaning Nigerians to make him
show remorse and respect for the office of the
President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Mr.
President Sir, we sincerely apologize to you and the
First Lady on this sad situation,” he added.

Mr. Obuah said residents of Rivers State were not in
support of the actions of Mr. Amaechi against the
president.
“We appeal that as the saying goes, ‘you do not visit
the sin of the father on the son’ and implore your
Excellency to remember us in prayers".

God Forbid!!! Tufiakwa!! If my dad licked anyone's as$ this way, I would disown him!!

"Apologise to you and the first lady"!!! God Forbid!!
This is utterly unbelievable!
you are just a toothless suckling toddler who knows nothing pertaining to life.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by ashmanpolo: 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
'Go round' just concentrate well on your job and leave Amaechi/Jonathan issue. In politics no permanent enemies ooo

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by vedd: 10:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
See as old men dey fool themselves because of young vibrant Amaechi.
Next time them go appologise to Anenih. Retards!!!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
2015 - 2019 will be great. Imagine Jonathan and his team focused on good governance without the silly distractions of Amaechi, Tanbuwal, lamido, Nyako, and Kwankwaso. All these political gladiators would have been consigned to the dustbin of political history by then. Cant wait.

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by mike404(m): 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
kaeto: you are just a toothless suckling toddler who knows nothing pertaining to life.
OMENKA IS ONE OF THE IGBO WANNABE
Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by howfarwhatagwan: 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
abeg make una free this man make we hear word jare Is this the first time a president will be opposed by his so-called regional mate or whatever you guys want to call it. Obasanjo received almost no support from almost the entire region he came from and he did not die so please make we hear word about GEJ and Amaechi. Mr PDP chairman or whatever abeg if you want to be in the president's good books so you too can chop do so quietly as if we don't know why you are whining.

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by abokinside: 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
Really! So These guys came all the way from Porthacourt to apologise on Ameachi's behalf. I thought if someone or a group of persons are coming to see the president that the agenda for the meeting will be stated, so actually on the agenda its stated "Rivers PDP on apology visit" or what? Pls help me somebody cos I dont get it. Is the president actually busy with any seruous work? To have time for such frivolities? What in the world have we done to deserve such inept, clueless and lazy cleptomanic leader.

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
Toktee: Joblless old fools,Ameachi iz with Apc and why appologized on his behalf..........abi you people have gone there to beg for arms from Jonathan
Foolish people i wonder when you will learn to keep ur intergrity.
Over to anti ameachi........

Amaechi was the incumbent chairman in the last NGF election and even with the advantage of being the chairman for 2 years, 16 of his colleague disapproved of his leadership style. does this fact tell you anything?

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Larryupsy: 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
Im sure Wike or what is he called ,i mean the state commissioner of Education was at this useless meeting when he should have been trying to work out modalities for solving the Asup and ASUU palaver.useless bunch of cry babies

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
abokinside: Really! So These guys came all the way from Porthacourt to apologise on Ameachi's behalf. I thought if someone or a group of persons are coming to see the president that the agenda for the meeting will be stated, so actually on the agenda its stated "Rivers PDP on apology visit" or what? Pls help me somebody cos I dont get it. Is the president actually busy with any seruous work? To have time for such frivolities? What in the world have we done to deserve such inept, clueless and lazy cleptomanic leader.

That's even more a worthy act than you taking up precious space here to post this rubbish

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by abokinside: 10:55pm On Jul 04, 2013
oxford: 2015 - 2019 will be great. Imagine Jonathan and his team focused on good governance without the silly distractions of Amaechi, Tanbuwal, lamido, Nyako, and Kwankwaso. All these political gladiators would have been consigned to the dustbin of political history by then. Cant wait.

Yeah Jonathan and his gang will be focused because in prison you dont have too much distractions. So while they are cooling off in Kuje prison they will have enough time to read aboutt the good governance going on in the country under APC.

18 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 04, 2013
Well I don't blame him bt d truth still remain d power is moving round d table. Na dem dem. Mchewww
Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Lordave: 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
Carry go PDP!
Sai fresh air!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
abokinside: Yeah Jonathan and his gang will be focused because in prison you dont have too much distractions. So while they are cooling off in Kuje prison they will have enough time to read aboutt the good governance going on in the country under APC.

Yeah! Good governance under APC indeed. Am a witness - I passed through tolls from Ajah to VI today and only half the road is tarred!!!smh.

Yeah Good governance under APC - Am a witness - my friend lost his brother, a police officer in Nasarawa under the 'able' leadership of an otodo APC governor.

Yeah Good governance under APC - am a living witness but other witnesses are not so lucky because APC military wing of APC ie Bokoharam had field days and APC must not hear of SOE.

The only thing I can say to you is this: Thunder fire you.

18 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Giddyprance(m): 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
oxford:

Amaechi was the incumbent chairman in the last NGF election and even with the advantage of being the chairman for 2 years, 16 of his colleague disapproved of his leadership style. does this fact tell you anything?
who says the sixteen governors did not vote for him because they didnt approve of his leadership style.They already agreed on the new governor by concensus.Besides,no matter how good a leader is,he would have enemies
Re: Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP by Fogman(m): 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
Fair weather politicians

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna / See The New Anti-Whatsapp Tablet For Men And Women / FFK Blasts Buhari For Shaking The Queen But Refused To Shake Female Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.