Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? (4844 Views)

Dear Nairalanders, If This Is An Option, Will You Vote Yes Or No? / Lawyers: Can The UN Force A Referendum On Nigeria? / Photos: Is Gov. Ameachi The Funniest Governor Nigeria Had Ever Had? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by Symphony007: 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
Next year nigeria will be celebrating 100 years together as a nation. 100 years ago, lord fredrick luggard, the governor general of nigeria almagamated the northern and southern protectorates of nigeria to form a single entity but 100 years later. It has'nt been a jolly experience.

We have had countless conflicts ranging from the census crisis, kano riots and many more and of course, the famous civil war, and even up till today. Thedivisions in nigeria still runs deep and can even be seen in a forum as small as nairaland.

So my question is this, if nigeria were to have a referendum on spliting the nation so each region can a better nation on their own, will you vote yes? Or do you belive that despite all the problems and division, a one nigetia still have a bright future therefore vote no? Were do you stand?

Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by frederal(m): 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
No public answers to such, till such paper comes. This reminds me of Ojukwu(RIP).

1 Like

Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by ubreal(m): 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
Ist of all Ist 2 comment am feeling 2 good. TO THE TOPIC, A BIG YESss cos a fool @ 40 is a fool 4eva naija is gettin 2 100yrs wid nottin 2 show 4 and yet they still dream of on naijeria. My brodas me don wake up oh una fit still dey dream cos am only waiting 4 dat day, jst dat day it will b such a day [color=#990000][/color]
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
You are still asking this kind of questions?

emm, Ebuka! Ebuka!! Ebuka!!!
Come and see this kind of question ooo.

Come and helep me to tell this Poster that mentally and spiritually, we have ported from Nigeria to Biafra.
It is only remaining to port physically, which is just a matter of time!

Emm, Ebuka! Attention!
Ngwa, sing our National Anthem for the poster.

"Hail the land of the rising sun .... 1, 2 go!"

4 Likes

Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by geeez: 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
I think there should be a poll here but some people will be concerned about what goes where
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
CAPITAL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for your useless map, why is it that you guys are hellbent on breaking up the north? some can decide to leave some may stay but that decision isn't yours but theirs, if you are sincere, how about showing the map of the northern protectorate as at time of amalgamation, some in the north you guys think hate the hausas might just surprise when the time comes.
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
YES!!!!!! NIGERIA IS DEAD!!!!!! ALL HAIL BIAFRA!!!!!!
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
Uncanny Genius: YES!!!!!! NIGERIA IS DEAD!!!!!! ALL HAIL BIAFRA!!!!!!
YOUR FADA!!!
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by BrokenTV: 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
Big YES am tired of this marriage.
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 7:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
Yes
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
Already changing my money into Us-dollars, I'm eagerly awaiting the appointed time. Biafra is my country
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by SmartTalk: 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by Symphony007: 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2013
It's 1st october 2014 and you're in your sitting room tuned to nta awaiting the independence day address of the president. A few minutes later the national anthem comes on and the president come on air. "fellow nigerians, after a 100 years together as a nation, it is now a national consensus that the divisions amongs us will continue to hinder our progress until we decided if we start the next century of our nation, together or divided, therefore, it is with the support of the national assembly, the 36 states governours and state assemblies that the federal government annouces that in the coming months a referendum on the division or unity of nigeria will be held"

fast forward months later and you're on a line in the polling station about to get your ballot for the referendum, so many things are running through your mind, before you know it, you're alone in a polling boot with a ballot that says "yes" "no".your hand is inked up and you start thinking of the tribalism, the born to rule syndrome, your grandfather who died fighting a piontless civil war, the injustice at the same time you think of the lovely people you met when you lived in one part of nigeria. You think of your kind hausa friend, you think of your lovely igbo girlfriend, your amazing yoruba neigbour and that smart niger delta guy at the office. It's tough. A policeman is banging on your polling boot that your wasting too much time, the line is long. You look at the paper. "yes" "no". Were will you place ur finger?
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
Symphony007: It's 1st october 2014 and you're in your sitting room tuned to nta awaiting the independence day address of the president. A few minutes later the national anthem comes on and the president come on air. "fellow nigerians, after a 100 years together as a nation, it is now a national consensus that the divisions amongs us will continue to hinder our progress until we decided if we start the next century of our nation, together or divided, therefore, it is with the support of the national assembly, the 36 states governours and state assemblies that the federal government annouces that in the coming months a referendum on the division or unity of nigeria will be held"

fast forward months later and you're on a line in the polling station about to get your ballot for the referendum, so many things are running through your mind, before you know it, you're alone in a polling boot with a ballot that says "yes" "no".your hand is inked up and you start thinking of the tribalism, the born to rule syndrome, your grandfather who died fighting a piontless civil war, the injustice at the same time you think of the lovely people you met when you lived in one part of nigeria. You think of your kind hausa friend, you think of your lovely igbo girlfriend, your amazing yoruba neigbour and that smart niger delta guy at the office. It's tough. A policeman is banging on your polling boot that your wasting too much time, the line is long. You look at the paper. "yes" "no". Were will you place ur finger?
leave long talk vote yes clear jare
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by mahleeq(m): 9:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
Symphony007: Next year nigeria will be celebrating 100 years together as a nation. 100 years ago, lord fredrick luggard, the governor general of nigeria almagamated the northern and southern protectorates of nigeria to form a single entity but 100 years later. It has'nt been a jolly experience.

We have had countless conflicts ranging from the census crisis, kano riots and many more and of course, the famous civil war, and even up till today. Thedivisions in nigeria still runs deep and can even be seen in a forum as small as nairaland.

So my question is this, if nigeria were to have a referendum on spliting the nation so each region can a better nation on their own, will you vote yes? Or do you belive that despite all the problems and division, a one nigetia still have a bright future therefore vote no? Were do you stand?
;Djavascript:void(0); yes
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by SmartTalk: 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
Symphony007: It's 1st october 2014 and you're in your sitting room tuned to nta awaiting the independence day address of the president. A few minutes later the national anthem comes on and the president come on air. "fellow nigerians, after a 100 years together as a nation, it is now a national consensus that the divisions amongs us will continue to hinder our progress until we decided if we start the next century of our nation, together or divided, therefore, it is with the support of the national assembly, the 36 states governours and state assemblies that the federal government annouces that in the coming months a referendum on the division or unity of nigeria will be held"

@bolded No it's not.

And for the rest, I refer you to @chidindufrank last comment.
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by ebucha: 9:56pm On Jul 04, 2013
When ever the issue of Nigeria splitting comes up, our South-East brothers are always in a hurry to include the South-South in Biafra. But what beats me is the fact that virtually all the people I have Seen from the South-South abhor the Biafra thing.
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by Meringe(m): 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
Nigeria is more divided now than before. Our leaders are more interested in their pockets than Nation building. I would ve love to Nigeria grow big in international politics through strength and self reliance but it seems like a mirage. For the obvious reason, I will vote YES if that will bring peace to our hearts!
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by SmartTalk: 9:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
We seem to have discussed this topic in at least one other thread, www.nairaland.com/600904/referendum-biafara-next-nigeria-allow .

An overwhelming majority agree to secession. Let's move the conversation forward, instead of going in circles. What practical steps can we take to bring this referendum to fruition? "Nigerians" should support the rights of separatist parties to partake in politics and elect them into power. This way, we can enable the country to disintegrate peacefully and allow the divine Manifest Destiny of the Holy Biafran Union to manifest and move African renaissance and cultural and technological rebirth to a new level. [size=16pt]God bless Biafra!!![/size]
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by sakaguchi(m): 10:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
No! No division. And I will fight and smash to smitherens all those with secession opinion. I will defend nigeria with my blood. Take up arms and fight all secessionist. That's what I will do. Good day till then.

1 Like

Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by sakaguchi(m): 10:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
And the OP is a clown, who said that the divided map is going to be like that? You must be dreaming.
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by ebucha: 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by mickyarams: 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
It's so funny how the igbos always bring their pathetic biafra into any political discussion. You guys can 4ck off together with the illiterate hausas. If igbo land was really great, you wouldn't see millions of igbos trying to do business in Lagos. Countries like Japan and South Korea have proven you don't need oil to be a successful country.
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by asha80(m): 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2013
mickyarams: It's so funny how the igbos always bring their pathetic biafra into any political discussion. You guys can 4ck off together with the illiterate hausas. If igbo land was really great, you wouldn't see millions of igbos trying to do business in Lagos. Countries like Japan and South Korea have proven you don't need oil to be a successful country.
funny comment as it seems na only igbo u dey see.
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by SmartTalk: 10:27pm On Jul 04, 2013
There is really no reason to wait till next year. Let's move towards a peaceful means of secession.

The breakaway of God's republic, Biafra, from what is currently referred to as Nigeria would preferably be seamless and the sooner the better.
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 10:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
Radio biafra is on world tour. Listen via www.radiobiafra.co
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by ebucha: 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
sakaguchi: And the OP is a clown, who said that the divided map is going to be like that? You must be dreaming.
Unfortunately, Niger-Deltans don't like that map, cos they can't imaging themselves as Biafrans. Adaka Boro declared the Niger-Delta Republic in 1966 even before Biafran war came up in 1967 due to oppression from the then South-East regional government. http://www.gamji.com/article4000/NEWS4657.htm
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by belovedaja(m): 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
Oh my dear land of the rising sun- Biafra
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by SmartTalk: 10:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
ebucha: Unfortunately, Niger-Deltans don't like that map, cos they can't imaging themselves as Biafrans.

There is nothing unfortunate about that. Trust me, we don't want all parts of the Niger Delta in the Biafran federation. Check the concern about allowing any part of the Niger Delta here www.nairaland.com/1331718/preparing-east-post-nigeria-future and the condition under which any territory shall be admitted to the Biafran union here www.nairaland.com/1340291/preparing-east-post-nigeria-future

Source: From later post - www.nairaland.com/1347452/nigeria-referendum-division-vote-yes/1#16640028
ebucha: . Adaka Boro declared the Niger-Delta Republic in 1966 even before the civil war in 1967 due to oppression from the then South-East regional government. http://www.gamji.com/article4000/NEWS4657.htm

Ah, this good old chestnut. Well, it would be nice to know what oppression the Eastern minorities suffered considering that Adaka Boro himself - along with other Eastern minorities, which include Ken Saro-wiwa - got a scholarship from the Eastern government and was voted as student union leader by the" Igbo majority" in his university, a status Saro-wiwa complained he was deprived of in the University of Ibadan. I would really love to know what exactly this "oppression" entails. Besides, anyone who knows history knows that Adaka's action was a Potemkin political move planned earlier with his Northern partners who he saw as "the only ally of the Ijaw" and his dream of having a Niger Delta "strictly for the Ijaws" was a Hitleresque idea. It would be interesting to hear the opinion of other Niger Deltans in the light of the recent news of Ijaw militants claiming responsibility for the killing of Itsekiri citizens.

No matter, I said not all territories of the former Eastern region should be included in Biafra. It is up to them really. That's what referendum is meant for. Anyone in that region who agrees with Adaka Boro's ideas should please vote against joining Biafra in the referendum. Tell your relatives to do same.

We Biafrans believe everyone must work hard to get ahead, not wait around for handouts and claiming "oppression" when that handout is not forthcoming.

We are Biafrans, and God is with us.
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by ebucha: 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
SmartTalk:

There is nothing unfortunate about that. Trust me, we don't want all parts of the Niger Delta in the Biafran federation. Check the concern about allowing any part of the Niger Delta here www.nairaland.com/1331718/preparing-east-post-nigeria-future and the condition under which any territory shall be admitted to the Biafran union here www.nairaland.com/1340291/preparing-east-post-nigeria-future
. Adaka Boro declared the Niger-Delta Republic in 1966 even before the civil war in 1967 due to oppression from the then South-East regional government. http://www.gamji.com/article4000/NEWS4657.htm
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by Symphony007: 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
I apologise you all those who take offense with the map i posted. It is not my view or any established view of how a divided nigeria will be. I just wanted to give an image the fragmentation that will come with division.
Re: If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? by Symphony007: 11:13pm On Jul 04, 2013
I mean no insult to those advocating biafra passionately. We're all learning and luminating each other. What makes you think the nigerian igbo's who can't come together to advance a consensus candidate for the presidency and disagree on so many issues can live together in their own nation without conflict?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ait Destroying Fashola's Govt / Internet Dont Forget: See What Ben Bruce Wrote On VP Osibanjo In 2016 And 2017 / #breaking!!! Soldiers Flee On Sighting The Unknown Gunmen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.